Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 30/11/2010 6:51:52 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

Also wouldn't killing Chase go against the code since he didn't actually kill or harm any of the women?

Sorry?!? He's the leader of the gang, the instigator, the one in charge. I'm utterly baffled that's not seen as harm

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 121
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 1/12/2010 5:36:46 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

Also wouldn't killing Chase go against the code since he didn't actually kill or harm any of the women?

Sorry?!? He's the leader of the gang, the instigator, the one in charge. I'm utterly baffled that's not seen as harm

Doesn't the code state he can only kill other killers?and I meant direct harm, he didn't physically touch any of them.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 122
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 1/12/2010 5:50:21 PM   
elab49

I think you might have a looser definition of direct harm than I, and thankfully the law, have

It's almost as if, in a court of law, you think he should somehow get a lesser sentence than the others and that just, for me, is a complete misunderstanding of the crime that has taken place here.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 123
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 7/12/2010 1:24:24 AM   
nomimalone

I thought the penultimate episode was really good and next week's preview has me counting down the days! One of the things I love about this series is that I really have no idea what is going to happen. I don't want Julia Stiles to be written out, but I suspect she may well be.

Is anyone else wondering what the deal with the nanny is?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 124
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 7/12/2010 1:32:58 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Hmm, the nanny, eh? You think there's something there? Like what?

I too have no idea what is going to happen next - which is refreshing. Next Monday is too far away.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 125
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 7/12/2010 9:36:06 AM   
Felix

Cant believe we're at the finale already, my only criticism of this season would be that its not really ever 'got going', it still feels like we're building up to the main storyline. Chase isnt as good a baddie as previous seasons.

Looking forward to the finale tho, seeing how Dexter can possibly get out of this situation. Is he going to be able to move Tiddy's body before its found, if not that will raise some more questions with Quinn, as he knows Dex was there.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the nanny is shifty, thought that right from her introduction! I might just be me but I'm sure there was something in her reaction to Dex saying they would hold Harrison's party in Orlando. Is she actually in Orlando? Could this be hints towards season 6?

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 126
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 7/12/2010 11:38:51 AM   
nomimalone

Yeah, I've been a bit suspicious of the nanny since about her second episode. I don't think it's because they've written her character badly, because I don't think Dexter ever does that, but there is something just off about her. Plus, surely there's more to the role for a talented actress like Maria Doyle Kennedy (who'd have thunk she really was Irish with a name like that? )?

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 127
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 7/12/2010 4:00:11 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

Cant believe we're at the finale already, my only criticism of this season would be that its not really ever 'got going', it still feels like we're building up to the main storyline. Chase isnt as good a baddie as previous seasons.

Looking forward to the finale tho, seeing how Dexter can possibly get out of this situation. Is he going to be able to move Tiddy's body before its found, if not that will raise some more questions with Quinn, as he knows Dex was there.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the nanny is shifty, thought that right from her introduction! I might just be me but I'm sure there was something in her reaction to Dex saying they would hold Harrison's party in Orlando. Is she actually in Orlando? Could this be hints towards season 6?

You mean Murphy Liddy.

I like where you two are going with the nanny idea - certainly gives me something to chew over. I did think she was 'too perfect', and since there is no such thing as perfect in film or TV, therefore logically, she has to be something else. And she has statues of saints, so she must be crazy... Seriously tho, I'm intrigued by where this is going to go next week.

I disagree that it 'never got going'. It's not been one big guest star like it has been previously (Jimmy Smits, John Lithgow, that annoying British actress from Hustle, etc) but has had a few. Jonny Lee Miller, Julia Stiles, Robocop. And they've each had a lesser role, but which amount to a greater impact. They've, cumulatively, had a greater impact on Dexter's actual life - the central villain, a serious threat to his identity, and a true partner that Smits' character could never be, respectively. I've loved this season.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 128
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 7/12/2010 6:51:52 PM   
elab49

After a poor 3rd season, for me, and a much improved 4th (which is all that really kept me watching), I think this season has been even better. The Lumen storyline - the consideration of what damage is needed to tip you over the edge to what Dexter does has, I think, been extremely well-written and played. I think Peter Weller was excellent as well.

quote:

Post #: 129
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 8/12/2010 2:12:09 PM   
beebs_

While I've enjoyed this season I don't think it has been amazing. It's been tense as usual, but after years of seeing Dexter kind of partnering with some or somebody finding out he's secret you just know how its going to end for them. The most shocking thing that they could do would have Linen live. Or actually Quinn or even better Deb find out.

Anyway! Bring on the finale!

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 130
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 9/12/2010 5:33:53 PM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

ORIGINAL: beebs_

While I've enjoyed this season I don't think it has been amazing. It's been tense as usual, but after years of seeing Dexter kind of partnering with some or somebody finding out he's secret you just know how its going to end for them. The most shocking thing that they could do would have Linen live. Or actually Quinn or even better Deb find out.

Anyway! Bring on the finale!

Cant wait for the finale too. It's been another great season. Surely next years will be the last one

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 131
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 10/12/2010 12:48:27 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Yes, but we thought that with this series, after last season's finale, but look what they did!

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 132
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 13/12/2010 10:55:35 AM   
Felix

So, anyone else seen the finale yet?

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 133
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 13/12/2010 11:09:58 AM   
Workshed

I'll be watching this tonight....... CANT WAIT!

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 134
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 13/12/2010 11:21:55 AM   
Felix

no! Watch it now! I need people to talk to about it!

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 135
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 13/12/2010 7:35:50 PM   
DJ Satan

Fantastic end to a fantastic series. I was so excited to see the showdown between Debs and Dexter. Very nicely handled. Such a shame that Lumen was written out that way. I'll miss her as I really liked how she worked with Dexter. I'm worried that Dex will get all moody again next season. (I was annoyed that I saw talk of next season on here. I was half hoping this would be the last and we would get a real ending.)

Suprised that Dex lied about the blood work at the end. I suppose it will take some heat off but at least it leaves Quinn out for another season.

I was also surprised to notice that Jennifer Carpenter has a very misshapen lumpy nose. I only noticed in the rpison scene and then I couldn't take my eyes off it.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 136
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 13/12/2010 7:39:05 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Awesome finale.

That is all.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 137
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 13/12/2010 9:26:33 PM   
Workshed

Just finished it. It differed sligtly from others (the last exzpecially) in that all the story strands pretty much came to a close at the end rather than expenentially bigger payoffs throughout the series. There was some awesome work from Johnny Lee Miller in this episode, but I agree that it was a slightly abrupt write out to Lumen and just as I started to like the dynamic she brought to the show. I did think Deb was going to find out about Dexter but I liked the way that worked out. I can't begin to think what will happen in the next series but needless to say, Quinn will have some suspicions. Overall, areat ending to a really good season. Roll on series 6!

< Message edited by Workshed -- 13/12/2010 9:27:28 PM >

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

Post #: 138
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 13/12/2010 9:34:13 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Personally, I think Quinn has far more than suspicions. Liddy said he suspected Dexter, and that he wanted to meet. Quinn knows that the blood is likely to be Liddy's, as he had gone to the van where Dex killed Liddy. Dex covered for Quinn with the bloodwork because Dex still thinks Quinn knows more about him than he actually does know- he doesn't know that Liddy hadn't shared everything with Quinn. So, since Quinn can be fairly sure that Dex has covered for him, and that he now owes Dex, I think he'll go on the backburner until we forget he knows. Something else major will happen in the next series, and the fact that Quinn knows something is awry with Dex will manifest itself at the end of the next series.

That's my prediction, folks.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 139
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 13/12/2010 10:13:00 PM   
Workshed

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Personally, I think Quinn has far more than suspicions. Liddy said he suspected Dexter, and that he wanted to meet. Quinn knows that the blood is likely to be Liddy's, as he had gone to the van where Dex killed Liddy. Dex covered for Quinn with the bloodwork because Dex still thinks Quinn knows more about him than he actually does know- he doesn't know that Liddy hadn't shared everything with Quinn. So, since Quinn can be fairly sure that Dex has covered for him, and that he now owes Dex, I think he'll go on the backburner until we forget he knows. Something else major will happen in the next series, and the fact that Quinn knows something is awry with Dex will manifest itself at the end of the next series.

Yeah, fair enough, "suspicions" is a massive understatement.

He's seen Dexter speaking to Lumen at a crime scene, he has photos of Dex and lumen dropping bags into the ocean and with Deb's "vigilante" he should have pieced it together.

Post #: 140
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 13/12/2010 10:24:07 PM   
nomimalone

I really enjoyed this final episode of what has been a very good season. I'm disappointed about Lumen leaving and I even had something in my eye when she was talking to Dexter about it. 
I loved the bit where Deb catches them, but doesn't know who she's talking to. Roll on season 6!

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 141
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 14/12/2010 12:04:15 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: nomimalone

I really enjoyed this final episode of what has been a very good season. I'm disappointed about Lumen leaving and I even had something in my eye when she was talking to Dexter about it. 
I loved the bit where Deb catches them, but doesn't know who she's talking to. Roll on season 6!

Ahh, you just fancy Julia Stiles

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 142
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 14/12/2010 12:53:02 AM   
nomimalone

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: nomimalone

Ahh, you just fancy Julia Stiles

Moi? Since when have I ever shown an interest in blonde actresses on TV programmes?

She does look very like one of my cousins though, which is a tad odd.

Post #: 143
RE: Dexter fights Cancer - 14/12/2010 10:42:49 AM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

I didn't realise that Deb was his wife!!!

Not anymore: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20449416,00.html?xid=rss-fullcontent

That could make next season even weirder.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 144
RE: Dexter fights Cancer - 14/12/2010 1:22:46 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Awk-ward!

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 145
RE: Dexter Season 4 - US Speed - 14/12/2010 3:07:49 PM   
Felix

Thats sad news. At least she never found out while married to him that he's a serial killer...

I'm confusing TV with real stuff again, arent i?

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 146
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 16/12/2010 2:19:14 AM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

Enjoyed the season. I was initiaaly dissapointed at how neat everything was wrapped up. But after the bleak ending of season 4, there had to be a counter balance.

I think there will be some set up for season six with the dexter hacked to death in the 1st 2 episodes.

How this for a prediction in the next series, Debs gets promted to leutenant, and La Guerta gets fired.art now

Gonna start watching Boardwalk Empire soon from the start now.

Post #: 147
RE: Dexter fights Cancer - 16/12/2010 8:11:39 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

I didn't realise that Deb was his wife!!!

Not anymore: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20449416,00.html?xid=rss-fullcontent

That could make next season even weirder.

I'm more concerned about the dodgy hairstyle he seems to be having there . Tis sad though.

The upside to being off work sick this week has meant I could watch the entire Season in 2 days I thought it was great and the usual tense moments and the different threads running through it worked well. Gutted that Lumen didn't stick around as she was a good character but it would have been weird having 2 Dexters on the loose.

Roll on Season 6!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 148
RE: Dexter fights Cancer - 17/12/2010 12:16:19 AM   
nomimalone

Dexter exec "wants to explore nanny"
Hmmmm....

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 149
RE: Dexter fights Cancer - 17/12/2010 6:58:09 PM   
Workshed

So far, my favourite seasons have been: 4,2, 5, 1, 3 - in order, but with marginal drop in enjoyment between all the seasons. Even Dexter at it's weakest is still a lot better than most TV out there.

< Message edited by Workshed -- 17/12/2010 8:00:58 PM >

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI