Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 29/9/2010 8:37:43 AM   
Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: elven

especially when you see how they started off on that date and he used it as a cover....

I actually liked that. I mean, at the time he was doing what he always does: killing serial killers. When his sister suggested this date, he obviously thought, "well, I need a cover to spot this guy, so yeah". And, of course, the entire relationship was based not on mutual love, but on appearances: Dexter only continued the relationship because it was beneficial to his overall appearance as 'a normal guy'. What makes this episode affecting is that, after Hestor's (what sort of name is that for a kid?) attack that we take as quite accurate, we realise - with Dexter - that in the end, he did love her, and this is the absolute tragedy. I thought it was brilliantly played out as a genuine discovery by Dexter.

Its Astor.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 91
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 29/9/2010 1:47:18 PM   
elven

quote:

quote:

especially when you see how they started off on that date and he used it as a cover....

I actually liked that. I mean, at the time he was doing what he always does: killing serial killers. When his sister suggested this date, he obviously thought, "well, I need a cover to spot this guy, so yeah". And, of course, the entire relationship was based not on mutual love, but on appearances: Dexter only continued the relationship because it was beneficial to his overall appearance as 'a normal guy'. What makes this episode affecting is that, after Hestor's (what sort of name is that for a kid?) attack that we take as quite accurate, we realise - with Dexter - that in the end, he did love her, and this is the absolute tragedy. I thought it was brilliantly played out as a genuine discovery by Dexter.

I understand its just we went back to Seris one dexter and it annoyed me because weve seen him grow so much and we got a glimpse of what he was, and yeah he did grow to love her. I donno if im making much sense :S lol sorry :)

Post #: 92
RE: Dexter Season 5 - US Speed - 29/9/2010 2:36:22 PM   
nomimalone

quote:

They say parenthood is murder.

I'll have to take your word for that!

Post #: 93
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 29/9/2010 9:39:45 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

quote:

quote:

Its Astor.

Oh. Well. That's, uh, much better...

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 94
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 11/10/2010 9:04:43 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Episode 3 spoilers follow...

Hurrah, finally we get a kill. Albeit improvised, but with a neat twist at the end. I wonder how that will develop. With this, the hush-hush investigation of Kyle Butler, and the spectre of that spur-of-the-moment kill from episode 1 hanging over the series, I don't see how this season can end without Dexter's secret coming out.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 95
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 13/10/2010 6:47:26 PM   
Chojin

I thought episode 3 really turned it up a notch. It made a nice change from all of the moping around about Rita. It was fun at first but after 3 episodes you kinda want him to get over it.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 96
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 19/10/2010 11:01:16 AM   
nomimalone

**SPOILERS for episode 4 - Beauty and the Beast**

I enjoyed this episode and am very pleased at the addition of Julia Stiles to the cast, however long she stays. Somehow I doubt Quinn is going to let the Kyle Butler thing lie, despite what LaGuerta told him.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 97
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 19/10/2010 12:28:46 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Yeah, Julia Stiles is awesome. I barely recognised her at first!

Quinn is actually getting some depth - when he told Deb that he's 'not a good guy', you could see it's because of what he suspects about Dex. But yeah, he's not letting it lie.

Also, whenever Deb and Dex are in a scene together, I now get really distracted knowing that the actors are actually married to each other...

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 98
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 19/10/2010 7:16:05 PM   
nomimalone

quote:

Also, whenever Deb and Dex are in a scene together, I now get really distracted knowing that the actors are actually married to each other...

I was thinking exactly the same last night when I was watching them in the flat (and Deb had just woken up.) I know they're experienced actors, but it must be a bit weird!

Post #: 99
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 19/10/2010 10:36:59 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: nomimalone

quote:

I was thinking exactly the same last night when I was watching them in the flat (and Deb had just woken up.) I know they're experienced actors, but it must be a bit weird!

GETOUTTAMYHEAD. That was the exact scene where it occurred to me...

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 100
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 25/10/2010 10:27:31 PM   
homersimpson_esq

EPISODE 5 SPOILERS...

Angel - what a knob. Goes into that motel room to bust Laguerta, and she's on some IA sting and she's well pis... OMFG IT'S ROBOCOP!!!!! Yeah, that came out of left-field a bit.

Dexter Vs Robocop? I'd buy that for a dollar. "Dead or alive, you're coming with me."

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 101
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 15/11/2010 2:00:57 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Seriously, is no one else watching this?

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 102
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 15/11/2010 2:14:58 PM   
HughesRoss

I wish I was, but I have to wait until next year.....Dexter is in my top 5 TV shows of all time,

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

Post #: 103
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 15/11/2010 7:26:37 PM   
Chojin

Yeah i'm watching this - The seasons starting to gain momentum and I can't wait to see how the whole Quin/Robocop thing will turn out.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 104
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 15/11/2010 8:54:23 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Hell yeah - that last shot in that episode... Wooeee.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 105
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 15/11/2010 8:55:06 PM   
Ethanial

Enjoyed the latest episode, hope the Lumen Dex plot gets into some interesting territory.

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

Post #: 106
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 15/11/2010 11:55:46 PM   
Felix

quote:

Couldnt agree more, says something about a show where you're disappointed the mass murdering psycho might actually get caught!!!

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 107
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 16/11/2010 8:13:25 AM   
Scruffybobby

I won't be disappointed if/when Dexter is found out, its a dramatic necessity that it happens. Whether or not he's brought to "justice" is another matter. I've been enjoying this season and am ever more intrigued to see what happens between Dexter and Lumen.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 108
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 16/11/2010 12:40:34 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

Couldnt agree more, says something about a show where you're disappointed the mass murdering psycho might actually get caught!!!

Yeah, but like, he's a nice mass murdering psycho. Like, cos he just kills nasty mass murdering psychos.

It's interesting that the relationship with Lumen is quite similar to his relationship to Bail Organa (I can't remember Smits' actual character's name) - he sees Lumen as a potential partner, and the voiceover explicitly says this. His look when she said "So...tomorrow's the night" was great. So close to his own voiceover "tonight's the night" followed by the same killin' music.

Oh oh oh, also. When Dex was at the Jordan Chase thingy, and Chase says "we're all going to die", and Dex's voiceover says "some sooner than you think", and then Chase says the exact same thing, Dex's reaction was absolutely priceless. I literally lolled.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 109
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 19/11/2010 1:12:31 AM   
nomimalone

Really good episode this week. The whole Dexter-Lumen partnership is really interesting.
And that last scene? No Robocop, bad Robocop!

Post #: 110
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 22/11/2010 9:54:43 PM   
Scruffybobby

Well that was twistier than a foot long corkscrew! All kinds of revelations.

Jailbait Astor showing up was a ingenious touch, Dexter's smackdown on Barry was brutal and brilliant and the last scene was top notch, although you could kinda see it coming. The trailer for next week looks amazing. Looks like the last few episodes are going to be intense.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 111
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 22/11/2010 10:07:17 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I'm waiting for Deb to find the odd requisitions that Dex makes, or just more info than she (or Dex) would like.

It does seem that things are unravelling for Dex a lot.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 112
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 22/11/2010 10:16:28 PM   
elab49

The drug should be well covered up - wasn't that covered when Lundy was getting to close to the Bay Harbour Butcher? His access to records and the records he checks might be more of a problem, although I got the impression he used a few accesses including Masuka's for a lot of that?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 113
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 22/11/2010 10:24:21 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I meant some of the extra blood tests, etc that he does too.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 114
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 23/11/2010 12:26:57 AM   
nomimalone

I love how we keep thinking everything is about to be discovered and then it zooms off in another direction. It's almost as if the writers are challenging each other "how is he going to get out of this?"
Great stuff.

Post #: 115
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 29/11/2010 10:56:59 PM   
Chojin

Wow - that episode was rather powerful. Bit of everything in that.

SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZ:

I thought the Lumen and Dexter situation was handled beautifully. I could see it happening from the start but it wasn't done in a cheesy way at all and the whole thing was acted in a realistic and tragic way. Epic episode imo.

Damn that Robocop has some dirt on Dexter now!

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 116
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 30/11/2010 8:39:06 AM   
Workshed

I've had reservations about this series until now. The last two episodes have been great, especially this one and I definitely agree about the Dexter/Lumen situation - beautifully written and excellently acted. So far, 10 has been Johnny Lee Miller's best episode too. You really sense that he's a real creep and I think he's done a great job with the Jordan Chase character. That confrontation with the cheek swab was an awesome moment!
There are so many loose ends now it's going to be extremely difficult to guess what's going to happen - RoboCop has got some damming evidence on Dex, Dex and Lumen are closing in on Jordan and Quinn and Deb look set to find out about Lumen.

Loving it - I can't believe there are only 2 episodes left....

< Message edited by Workshed -- 30/11/2010 9:12:46 AM >

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 117
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 30/11/2010 9:12:07 AM   
Felix

You've got to wonder how on earth Dexter can get to the end of this season without at least one person at the police station finding out his secret.

I'm beginning to think its going to be another sad ending for Dexter, with Lumen taking the fall for the revenge killings so he can keep his secret.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 118
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 30/11/2010 10:13:06 AM   
nomimalone

quote:

I'm beginning to think its going to be another sad ending for Dexter, with Lumen taking the fall for the revenge killings so he can keep his secret.

I was thinking the same thing.
Fantastic latest episode. Tying everything up in 2 episodes is going to be difficult, but have they already paved the way for Deb to turn a blind eye if she finds out Dexter is the "vigilante"?

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 119
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards - 30/11/2010 6:34:26 PM   
Chojin

Also wouldn't killing Chase go against the code since he didn't actually kill or harm any of the women?

oooooooo fiddlesticks

Dexter manages to become the best thing on TV every bloody year - that episode last night was so dark

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 5 from page 3 onwards Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI