Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Fringe season 3 - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Fringe season 3 - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fringe season 3 - US Speed - 8/5/2011 9:42:22 AM   
Captain Black

The opening to season 4 starts something like this.

WALTERNATE
Who the hell are you?

WALTER
Who the hell are YOU? And why do you look like me?

FAUXLIVIA
Who's the father of my child again?

OLIVIA
So do you, like, colour your hair?

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 61
RE: Fringe season 3 - US Speed - 11/5/2011 2:25:35 PM   
Peppermint

I watched the last episode of series 3 last night and all I can say is wtf??

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 62
RE: Fringe season 3 - US Speed - 11/5/2011 2:37:42 PM   
Timon

When Peter stepped into The Machine, I was expecting a voice over to say...

“Theorising that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Peter Bishop stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished... He woke to find himself trapped in the future, facing friends that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. And so Peter Bishop finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home…”

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 63
RE: Fringe season 3 - US Speed - 11/5/2011 2:46:58 PM   
Shifty Bench

That would have been awesome

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 64
RE: Fringe season 3 - US Speed - 11/5/2011 5:48:03 PM   
Captain Black

He could have made a leap into himself circa 1999 and changed Dawson's Creek for the better.

Actually Ti, that's an awesome way to wrap up the series' on-going storyline and continue it as a spin-off.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 65
RE: Fringe season 3 - US Speed - 11/5/2011 11:39:46 PM   
Shifty Bench

We're getting a new regular for season 4 in the form of Ron Howard's real-life son in law- http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/fringe-promotes-seth-gabel-to-series-regular/

I like the character (both versions of him) but this is a bit odd considering they got rid of Charlie to reduce the number of regulars.

Post #: 66
RE: Fringe season 4 - US Speed - 12/5/2012 5:19:46 PM   
Captain Black

I'll probably just check into the UK thread in a few days after the finale airs, but I've just watched it and am really surprised that no-one has posted in this for the whole season. Now, I checked out for most of it (and frankly had no trouble jumping back in, which I could point to as a sign of wheel-spinning in the narrative) but did enjoy the last bunch of episodes. Felt the finale was OK (a few good moments and scenes, but quite sloppy in the plotting), but would have been a major let down as the last ever episode. With the 5th season guaranteed I'm hoping that they can build to something impressive involving the Observers now.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 67
RE: Fringe season 4 - US Speed - 12/5/2012 9:45:16 PM   
Shifty Bench

I really liked it. As Cap said, though, it wouldn't have been a good enough series finale. The last season should be good if it's about the Observer uprising.

Post #: 68
RE: Fringe season 4 - US Speed - 13/5/2012 7:32:15 PM   
Captain Black

To be honest, one of my main reasons for checking out was that I was sure that S4 would be the last, and that they wouldn't wrap things up in a satisfactory manner. In fairness, this episode did have that feel of a final episode, even if the actual execution was a little lacking.

I liked that future episode a lot, so anything that brings the Observers into the storyline a little more is a good thing. Also, I'd expect the alternate universe to play some role in this show's endgame.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 69
RE: Fringe season 4 - US Speed - 14/5/2012 4:12:54 AM   
Shifty Bench

If they took that Observers episode and that final scene of the season out, It could totally have been the final one.

Plus, it seems a bit weird to have a new regular then ship him off to the other universe two episodes before the end. Lincoln was underused and it'd be a shame if we didn't see him again.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 14/5/2012 4:14:41 AM >

Post #: 70
RE: Fringe season 4 - US Speed - 20/8/2012 5:07:31 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbcX1o24fug

Short season 5 promo. Looking good...

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

Post #: 71
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 29/9/2012 2:15:26 PM   
Captain Black

Completely kick ass opening to S5. I'm not even bothered by how the hell Walter gave power to the car stereo in the last scene!

Seems like we're all in for a final season set in 2036 now.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 72
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 30/9/2012 1:36:01 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

Completely kick ass opening to S5. I'm not even bothered by how the hell Walter gave power to the car stereo in the last scene!

Seems like we're all in for a final season set in 2036 now.

It looked it might be it's own unit and not part of the car so it could have still had some battery life in it. But yes it was really good, how great is the actress who plays Etta? Her reunion with Olivia was wonderful. One thing I was wandering, no one ever cut 'Amber Olivia' out earlier despite her being there since 2015? Seems like The Observers would have noticed her and found a way to get her out of the amber.

Post #: 73
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 30/9/2012 6:19:22 PM   
Captain Black

No one knew Olivia was in amber did they?

Etta's good - too easy for her to be the *puts on trailer voice over* tough girl living in a dystopian future, and looking unconvincing, when they're not really going for that at all.

The thing I'm really wondering at this stage is if the alternate universe will come in to play at any stage (just noticed I made that comment above at the end of last season). It doesn't seem that way from the way the show's been presented (it's very much a different chapter in the show's run), but at the same time the two universes, and their impact on Walter, were very much the core element of the show.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 74
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 30/9/2012 6:50:45 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

Etta's good - too easy for her to be the *puts on trailer voice over* tough girl living in a dystopian future, and looking unconvincing, when they're not really going for that at all.

Yes, but with The Observers being so all knowing you would have thought they'd have found her, unless they weren't looking?

quote:

The thing I'm really wondering at this stage is if the alternate universe will come in to play at any stage (just noticed I made that comment above at the end of last season). It doesn't seem that way from the way the show's been presented (it's very much a different chapter in the show's run), but at the same time the two universes, and their impact on Walter, were very much the core element of the show.

Not to spoil the fun but according to Anna Torv, the alternate verse sets have been torn down, so I'd say so it's unlikely it's coming back. Also the bridge was closed, so there's that as well.

Here's the interview where she talks a bit about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKmB3q6-asg She's seems to really love Fauxlivia.

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 30/9/2012 6:51:13 PM >

Post #: 75
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 1/10/2012 2:50:17 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

quote:

Yes, but with The Observers being so all knowing you would have thought they'd have found her, unless they weren't looking?

To be fair, they didn't know about Etta, so they can't be that all knowing.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 76
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 1/10/2012 9:08:49 AM   
Zaphod121

Ah yes, good point. I suppose she did inherit cortexiphan powers from her Mum as seen 4x19, so that probably helps.

Post #: 77
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 1/10/2012 9:26:58 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Really enjoyed that. I called that this season would be set in 2036 future before the end of last season and despite being against the idea on the whole I think they pulled it off really well. It's a shame there's no Walternate or Fauxlivia this season but with just 13 episodes I guess they've got enough to be concentrating on. I'm assuming we'll be shown a bit more of the actual invasion by the way of flashbacks because for all the build up to the war we've not actually seen much of it. Granted it's still ongoing but it'd be nice to have a few gaps filled.

That final scene was just fantastic, like Captain Black I don't care how the CD player was powered, it was such a beautifully played moment.

My only niggle would be that surely Walter's brain should be dribbling out of his ears by now with all the meddling that's been done to it

Also was that dead guy on the table meant to be Henry Ian Cusick's character?

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 78
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 1/10/2012 9:33:51 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

No, his character is the one the guard told Etta was frozen in Amber and was a traitor.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 79
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 1/10/2012 9:45:58 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

No, his character is the one the guard told Etta was frozen in Amber and was a traitor.

Cool thanks. I knew he was meant to be either the guy on the table or the traitor they mentioned. Unfortunately I watch Fringe with a friend and he can sometimes be the chatty type (as in he likes to discuss things as they're happening instead of waiting till the end of the episode) so I tend to miss some of the finer details on my first viewing of each episode.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Post #: 80
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 10/10/2012 2:07:43 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Really enjoyed this weeks episode although it did bug me that the tape they found set them off on a quest to find 5 more tapes without anything remotely approaching directions for tape number 1 .

The scenes between Olivia and the Loyalist were really good, as was the Loyalist's talk with Etta at the end of the episode regarding Olivia. It seems they're building her up to be some sort of Messianic figure that can inspire hope and bring out the good in people. It'll be interesting to see where that thread leads and whether or not they follow it to it's natural conclusion.

Starting the episode with (ostensibly) the same flashback as they started last week's episode was a bit annoying though. For a bit I thought my auntie had sent me last week's episode by mistake

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 81
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 25/10/2012 8:04:48 PM   
Captain Black

I'm willing to go with the betamax tape thing for the time being, but it is awfully contrived. OK episode this week, elevated by a good guest performance from Paul McGillion and his diverse accent.

quote:

I'm probably misremembering, but wasn't his (Simon's) head in the lab?

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 25/10/2012 8:05:20 PM >

Invisiotext:

Post #: 82
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 25/10/2012 8:23:18 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

I'm willing to go with the betamax tape thing for the time being, but it is awfully contrived. OK episode this week, elevated by a good guest performance from Paul McGillion and his diverse accent.

quote:

I'm probably misremembering, but wasn't his (Simon's) head in the lab?

Yes, in the episode after the one Harry was asking about

Post #: 83
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 27/10/2012 9:16:51 PM   
Captain Black

Great fourth episode. Total gut punch. I thought it would be Broyles who ended up sacrificing himself when I noticed his credit was 'Special Appearance By'.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 84
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 27/10/2012 10:28:28 PM   
Shifty Bench

I hope Broyles comes back, the man is effortlessly cool. No sign of Nina yet, either......

Post #: 85
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 29/10/2012 11:15:03 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

Great fourth episode. Total gut punch. I thought it would be Broyles who ended up sacrificing himself when I noticed his credit was 'Special Appearance By'.

Same here, it was edited in such a way as to suggest that Broyles was in imminent danger throughout most of the episode. Great episode though, probably the most tense hour of TV I've seen this year. The show may not have gone the way I wanted but this season is making up for a pretty lacklustre 4th season so far.

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 86
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 1/11/2012 4:14:52 PM   
Zaphod121

Damn, I really liked Etta. Wish she could have stayed around a bit longer, I get her dying is a real push now for the team to save the world but couldn't they have waited a few more episodes?

Post #: 87
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 1/11/2012 5:52:07 PM   
Captain Black

Chances of her coming back in some form of time-travel/universe-hopping/reality-rewriting style ending? Fair to strong, I reckon.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 88
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 1/11/2012 5:57:15 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

Chances of her coming back in some form of time-travel/universe-hopping/reality-rewriting style ending? Fair to strong, I reckon.

I think that's the way things are heading personally, a reset to before the Observers invaded somehow or other. With all the fucking around they've done they probably figure they can't mess the timeline any more than they already have .

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 89
RE: Fringe season 5 - US Speed - 3/11/2012 10:38:44 PM   
Captain Black

Well they've negotiated the particularly difficult aftermath episode with ease: Olivia being understandably mournful and Peter being very much Walter's son by doing whatever's necessary, and that means revenge. Awesome. It seems a bit redundant to go on about how great Noble is at this stage, and he only gets one really big scene, but -- again -- Anna Torv is great at the emotional stuff. And that ending with Peter and the Observer is a great, great hook for the next episode.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Fringe season 3 - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI