Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

DC Entertainment Gets Vertigo

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> DC Entertainment Gets Vertigo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DC Entertainment Gets Vertigo - 14/9/2009 8:34:38 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Preacher - 14/9/2009 8:34:38 AM   
David Somerset

I love the Preacher books, but I'm torn as to whether I want to see 'em on the big screen or not. There's something about the surprised and confused looks on people's faces as their headguts are sprayed all over the shop that just won't be recreated on film, and that would be a shame.

Still, if Scarlett Johanssen wanted to play Daisy and be willing to, y'know, do all that stuff, well, I might just fork out for a ticket ;-)

< Message edited by David Somerset -- 14/9/2009 8:35:37 AM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Preacher - 14/9/2009 9:26:13 AM   
morg1138

Please God 100 Bullets needs to be an HBO deal.  I can not see a movie working it needs to be handled ala The Wire.  What a shame it would be to see a great series, full of superb character development, awesome side tracking stories and some great action fall foul of a 90 minute hack in slash.

We've got to start thinking beyond our guns. Those days are closin' fast.

(in reply to David Somerset)
Post #: 3
Y: The Last Man - 14/9/2009 9:38:16 AM   
cliff126

I'm pretty sure Y would be best on film, although not quite sure of the trilogy idea, maybe 4 films? And Alicia Keys is a laugh for Agent 355, I was thinking Halle Berry at least, as someone with better acting exprience would do. A good move from DC though, as I would like to see more adult films, not just Batman and Supes dancing around all the time. Roll on Jonah Hex! : )

Post #: 4
RE: Y: The Last Man - 14/9/2009 9:47:11 AM   
i stole your car

I would like to see some of the more obscure comic to film adaptaions:

Bone or Sixteen Miles to Merricks.

Not published by Vertigo of course but would make much more interesting films I think.

(in reply to cliff126)
Post #: 5
Vertigo rocks!!! - 14/9/2009 10:06:32 AM   
AstroZombie

Post #: 6
- 14/9/2009 10:09:07 AM   
AstroZombie

I love Preacher, 100 Bullets and Transmetropolitan but they just wouldnt fit into a single movie. I personally think TV series are the best way to go but i look forward to hearing where this news will lead

Post #: 7
GET ON WITH IT! - 14/9/2009 10:16:22 AM   
Hanroro

I just want them to get on and make SOMETHING!!! I have always preferred the DC (& Vertigo) roster and it their storytelling, at least compared to the factory line at Marvel. Why have WB stalled the Whedon Wonder Woman? DICKS! Where is the Superman follow-up? NUMPTIES! Why have WB lost its bottle over Justice League? COWAAAARDS! The Bat is holding up their entire superhero presence at the moment, sand thankfully Nolan is ensuring it's greater in its own right than all marvel output put together (except maybe ol' shellhead). Man, I'd even take an Aquaman movie right now. Stop blabbing on in corporo-speak and get on with it! Start by making more than one thing at a time!!!

Post #: 8
Preacher! - 14/9/2009 10:35:08 AM   
satanbob

All I have to say is that Preacher has to be an HBO job, If it were on the big screen you'd probably have to have a film for each book, or maybe for two of them. Then you're looking at between 4 and 9 films! I think it would work a lot better as a TV series.

(in reply to Hanroro)
Post #: 9
Torn - 14/9/2009 11:00:08 AM   
Youshouldberunning

It's the age-old problem. If they do these things well, correctly casted, well scripted etc, then they could be the best things ever to hit our screens; if they do it wrong, then it will be sacrilege of the highest order. Sandman should, in no way, shape or form, be adapted for anything. I absolutely balk at the idea. Preacher, however, with an 18 cert and someone in love with the source material, could be prefect for film. Obviously a simplified story arc would have to be used, focusing specifically on one outcome, although Cassidy NEEDS to be involved as much as possible.
David Somerset - do you mean Scarlett as Tulip?

Post #: 10
Preacher... - 14/9/2009 4:39:23 PM   
bronco3114

The Idea of seeing this demented work of graphic awsomeness on screen has litterally given me an irrection! Gone to Texas would make an outstanding movie in it's own right (if they go the movie route) as long as they don't try and cram in too much in a single movie they have the legs to spin the franchise out as long as they want to (well up to a 9 film limit).

Jonny Depp as preacher and Clint Eastwood as the Saint of Killers would ideal... or if you where making the cast a little younger I'd go James Franco and Josh Brolin in the two aforementioned roles.

PS Lets get Lobo into the grown up stable for goodness sake!

Post #: 11
RE: Torn - 14/9/2009 4:54:09 PM   
David Somerset

Bugger, yes I meant Tulip not Daisy. Or was it Rose?

(in reply to Youshouldberunning)
Post #: 12
HELLBLAZER - 14/9/2009 5:50:44 PM   
Arkane_Tripwire

As a British based television series, Hellblazer would seriously rock, and with Diane Nelson proving through her handling of the Harry Potter series that she is willing to utilise British locations and casting, this might not be as far fetched a dream as it once was, provided they're willing to formally kill off a Keanu starring Constantine 2.

Post #: 13
Superman Movie PLEASE !!!! - 15/9/2009 3:46:24 AM   
ASonic77

Ok enough already with the corporate stuff. Whether it's the restructuring or the court battles. Now can we finally have the first Superman movie of the rebooted franchise out already !!?
I hope Diane Nelson treats the new Superman movies like the Harry Potter series. Make 7 or 8 sequels with each one having consequences from the previous movies with a great backstory originating on Krypton. Let's see Krypton like we've never seen it before and have that history intertwined with the history of Earth and future battles and situations that Superman must face. Oh yeah, and keep Brandon Routh. He was good but with a better script, he could be great.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> DC Entertainment Gets Vertigo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI