Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Pirates 4 Sails Stranger Tides

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Pirates 4 Sails Stranger Tides Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pirates 4 Sails Stranger Tides - 14/9/2009 7:22:25 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
You had me at Monkey Island.... - 14/9/2009 7:22:25 AM   
nclowe

Ok. I'll admit this sounds promising but please no more "insipid heroines". One was enough! Not gonna get to excited till we see the trailer though after the utter turd of the third film.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: You had me at Monkey Island.... - 14/9/2009 7:36:13 AM   
Drone

Woohoo!  Can't wait.  I felt the first three became weighed down with too much... well, story oddly enough. 

This sounds really entertaining.

(in reply to nclowe)
Post #: 3
- 14/9/2009 7:52:23 AM   
crazymoviesdude

I would be ok with a heroine, if they feel they have to put one in, she just needs to be played by someone who can act, isn't too thin, and isn;t annoying.

Post #: 4
RE: - 14/9/2009 8:46:06 AM   
David Somerset

Seriously, I couldnít be less interested in this if it was a documentary about Shia LaBeoufís first day at school. Ignoring the fact that the previous Pirates Of The Caribbean films were all cackapoopants, thereís a massive clue as to why On Stranger Tides is destined for nothing more than a 2-star review in Empire and a sound ignoring from me: itís the fourth movie in the franchise.

Youíd think those dimwits in Hollywood would have worked it out by now. It doesnít matter how successful, critically or financially, your film series is, if you make a fourth picture IT WILL STINK.

OK, I know the head honchos at Warner, Fox, Universal and so on are regular readers, so let me spell it out. Hereís a list of some films that were the fourth to be made in a popular series. First, some of those that were so bad they actually tainted the memory of the first three:

Die Hard 4
Terminator: Salvation
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Star Wars: Episode I
(actually I like it but Iím in a minority. Of one)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Thunderball (If you think itís actually good, go back and watch it again. Itís not)
Alien Resurrection
Superman IV
Batman And Robin
Lethal Weapon 4

Now, those that were not only good, but actually better than the first three:

So there you have it. Point made. Case rested. QED. Now whoís looking forward to The Hobbit?

The Incredible Suit

< Message edited by David Somerset -- 14/9/2009 9:28:00 AM >

(in reply to crazymoviesdude)
Post #: 5
RE: Pirates 4 Sails Stranger Tides - 14/9/2009 10:40:31 AM   
waltham1979

I bet my left testicle that it will be in 3D....

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

Post #: 6
- 14/9/2009 11:22:28 AM   
Gazdance

I really enjoyed the first one. In a summer (2003) of disappointments, it was a genuine surprise and lots of fun. Like another film that summer (T3) I pretend that the sequels don't exist. They are both bloated, boring and over the top.
Whilst a fourth film doesn't exactly thrill me, I will hope that they try to recapture some some of what made Pirates 1 such a joy upon it's release.

Post #: 7
Lets face it... - 14/9/2009 11:29:42 AM   
IrishC

Pirates 1 was a great movie, but 2 & 3 were just shambled rehashes of the same concept which dragged aspects of the original movie out to create vague unentertaining premises. I didnt enjoy 2 & 3 at all. They were definitely a case of "getting the gang back together" and trying badly to recreate the original formula.

If this movie manages to avoid hiring Bloom, Knightly and all the dead wood from the two previous sequels, and concentrates on a completely new adventure with Jack Sparrow then it may have a chance. Lets face it, this is what they were SUPPOSED to do with this franchise all along. Damn, I'm in the mood to play Monkey Island again now :s

Post #: 8
Monkey Island - 14/9/2009 2:05:31 PM   
sladey123

I feel a bit torn about this news. I am a fan of the Monkey Island games and also the book On Stranger Tides, but I feel I would rather see a film made of either of those than an adapted POTC version.

< Message edited by sladey123 -- 14/9/2009 2:06:57 PM >

Post #: 9
Scumm Bar Local - 14/9/2009 2:53:06 PM   
His Dudeness

Hopefully they won't fluff it up. Also I highly doubt their will be a Monkey Island film as it will be seen incorrectly as a "rip-off" of POTC. So why not integrate a few nods to this classic game series. A young Guybrush Threepwood inspired by Captain Jack, er no, have I gone too far....

Post #: 10
Promising... - 14/9/2009 2:54:51 PM   
Noelg25

like the idea of fitting it in with a book that has similar storyline...but will wait for more info and of course trailer...

Post #: 11
Pirates of The Carribean:On Stranger Tides - 14/9/2009 6:21:11 PM   
S1lent B0b

I'm not to sure about this right now. The 1st movie was really good Dead Mans Chest was alright but At Worlds End was just plain boring plus Keira Knightlys charachter was dull boring annoying and pretty much useless but if they get rid of her and stay below the 3 hour time limit this could be good.

Post #: 12
- 14/9/2009 6:35:09 PM   
Director

Can't wait if depp doesn;t get pushed out the way for an awkwardly boring love story.

The only love story in pirates i give a shit about is jack and his mother fucking rum

Post #: 13
- 14/9/2009 6:45:46 PM   
Hood_Man

GERARD BUTLER FOR BLACKBEARD!! Come on Disney see sense!!

Post #: 14
I'm.....not excited - 14/9/2009 8:51:30 PM   
Sphinx

I'm a little baffled, when more info starts flowing then maybe I'll change my tune

Post #: 15
- 15/9/2009 5:57:13 PM   
Wozzy~the~Wozzer

So 2011 will be 2007 all over again with Pirates and Spider-Man going head to head with each franchise relasing their fourth film. I bet Empire will have some fun with this.

Post #: 16
- 15/9/2009 8:00:34 PM   
Bond11

I read somewhere that Keira Knightley doesn't plan to be in any more Pirate Movies.

Post #: 17
will it be the same??? - 19/9/2009 7:58:13 PM   
bethanej

will it be the same?? having another pirates film, thats what everyone is debating, by the looks of it it deffinately wont be the same as the other pirates of the caribbean films as obviously keira knightley and orlando bloom will not be starring in, maybe its for the best, maybe this film was ment to just focas on Captain Jack Sparrow and his adventures, but for all those bloom and knightley fans will they watch the forth film or wont they bother, in my opinion i am a johnny depp fan so to hear that he will be returning for the forth installment is great news and i am looking forward to it, but if johnny didnt star in it would i still watch the forth one, possible but only due to Curiosity......the pressure that the actors/actress's, director, producers etc. must have on them must be building up, after three great pirates films for them to make a forth it must either me just as good or better...will they succeed i hope so but we will have to wait untill 2011.

Post #: 18
I Was That Dude! - 22/9/2009 12:16:42 AM   
indytim

I am the 'dude' you refer to in this story and, yes, I did think to mention it earlier but out of respect for the mighty Tim Powers I decided to keep this little nugget of fanboy goodness a secret until some official announcement was made. That said, seek out Tim's tales of fantasy now! I guarantee much enjoyment is to be had within the covers of his spellbinding books!

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Pirates 4 Sails Stranger Tides Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI