Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Hollywood Great Britian Merger = terrific

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Hollywood Great Britian Merger = terrific Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hollywood Great Britian Merger = terrific - 11/9/2009 3:56:01 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: KRB

I have been a huge fan of Dredd since I was 6 or 7 years old.
This movie should not .. by any means have any comic relief.

You never picked up any comic relief in all that time?!  Or is it just that you don't want any of that transferring to the screen?
So no Fatties, Simps, Gimps, Bat-Gliders, One-liners, Amusingly Named Tower Blocks, Wobots...

(in reply to KRB)
Post #: 61
RE: Hollywood Great Britian Merger = terrific - 12/9/2009 12:41:06 PM   
KRB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

You never picked up any comic relief in all that time?!  Or is it just that you don't want any of that transferring to the screen?
So no Fatties, Simps, Gimps, Bat-Gliders, One-liners, Amusingly Named Tower Blocks, Wobots...

I am sitting here right now with an issue of Dredd's crime file from 1989 where he is holding a box where it says "Super Flab-on" and there is a picture of a 300 pound man with a little wheel under his belly. :)

Yes I realize that Dredd has humor... it skind of like a satire in many ways... but like you hint to.. I would rather have them keep the humor to a bare minimum so that this thing does not turn into another "Batman and Robin" or a "Dredd 1995" all over again. I think this might be the last chance Dredd has to make it to the screen.. the divition should be 95% seriousness and 55 humor... if you ask me. You will never capture the feel of the comic anyway.. so why make it a comedy? I say go "Batman begins" with it.

If you make the movie as dark and hopeless as possible, and with Dredd being over the top serious - then some humor can be allowed. It should be in the form of the excess that the people of megacity have succombed to. The decadence of the future... things like that can be "funny"... and Dredd can have a few one liners as this is his way... but you know what I mean when I say that this should not turn into another Hollywod / FOX production right? I think you agree.

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 62
RE: Hollywood Great Britian Merger = terrific - 12/9/2009 12:44:56 PM   
KRB

yeah that's 95% serious.. and 5% humor .. damnit.. 

(in reply to KRB)
Post #: 63
RE: Hollywood Great Britian Merger = terrific - 12/9/2009 8:47:39 PM   
hempire

Most actors are too soft these days to play Dredd

(in reply to KRB)
Post #: 64
New Dredd Leading Role Suggestions??? - 30/9/2009 3:25:02 AM   
DJWATT

I think Gerard Butler would be a good dredd

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 65
New Dredd Leading Role Suggestions??? - 30/9/2009 2:02:37 PM   
DJWATT

I think Gerard Butler would be a good dredd

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Hollywood Great Britian Merger = terrific Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI