Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Worst British Accents Ever

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Worst British Accents Ever Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Worst British Accents Ever - 29/9/2010 11:28:28 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

I do however have problems with the different geordie ones (unless I'm on the whisky)

Don't worry about it - so does every non-geordie actor who's ever attempted one (apart from maybe Chris Eccleston and Mark Strong in Our Friends In The North, who both came pretty close. The least said about Jerome sodding Flynn in Badger the better)
Going back to our own national national shame, Michael Caine has done some awful american accents over the years - and to think he won an oscar for one of the fuckers.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 29/9/2010 11:29:13 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 61
Angelina Jolie - 23/2/2011 2:47:29 PM   
DeppyNik

I would have to say the Angelina's accent in the Tomb Raider films was terrible. In fact, I was almost positive that I would see her on the list. It actually makes you feel bad for the actor/ress trying hard to deliver the lines in proper British and it definitely is a distraction when watching the film. Although, in Tomb Raider's case (in both of them unfortunately) that's not such a bad thing!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 62
RE: Brits>Yanks - 22/9/2011 10:08:49 PM   
Jakeoclubs

You are kind of a douche bag. No wonder people hate us. Of course they're pompous, they're brits. It's like telling the French they are rude, or the Gremans they are boring, no shit. You sound like Kevin Kline in Wanda.

I hava minnesoooota accent donchayano.

(in reply to benskelly)
Post #: 63
RE: Worst British Accents Ever - 22/9/2011 10:19:40 PM   
Jakeoclubs

Dorset, Australia - whatever, same difference.

(in reply to hellsangel66)
Post #: 64
worst Scottish accent EVER - 14/12/2011 4:17:19 AM   
gingerk

How about TV's Star Trek: The Original Series. The guy they found to play Scotty had the most godawful accent. Not only was he a terrible excuse for an actor, the accent wasn't even close to authentic. When they watched the show, my friends from Scotland didn't even know Scotty was supposed to be Scottish. The awful guy who attempted to act said he had never even heard a real Scottish accent; he never researched the role. So he made one up. How's that for a worst accent?

Post #: 65
Tango & Cash (1989) - Brion James - 15/6/2012 5:34:36 AM   
Sajmeister

As much as I love Brion James, may God rest his soul, he was a brilliant actor! His character in Tango & Cash, where he played the cockney hard man/henchman Requin! That has to be one of the WORST British accents ever!! Surprised that didn't make this list!

See this
http://youtu.be/D2w1qm_zIWg

Post #: 66
Worst accent ever is missing! And it's by a Brit too! - 18/12/2012 1:28:15 PM   
RiotSloth

Can't believe that Charlie Hunnam's execrable accent in Green Street hasn't been mentioned - truly the most laughably bad cock-er-nee accent I have ever heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePdDZLSgoRA

What makes it worse is the fact that he is a Brit himself!
When in the US everyone that my mate and I met thought we were Aussies. What is that all about? I'm from Brighton and my mate is a Scot.

Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Worst British Accents Ever Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI