Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

That Looks Awe...wait for it...some!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> That Looks Awe...wait for it...some! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
That Looks Awe...wait for it...some! - 25/8/2009 4:15:44 PM   
bronco3114

I'm loving the fact we know next to nothing about the plot, which in itself is reminicient of The Matrix (for me at least) in that I went into the cinema pretty blind with no expectations. I think I might avoid (or try and avoid) all future trailers and reviews leading up to the release, try not to polute my mind with expectations, at least non other other than Nolan + Di Caprio.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
Having just read the premise elsewhere.... - 25/8/2009 8:19:05 PM   
CHUFFSTER

.....it appears it's thoroughly unoriginal after all:(

Post #: 62
- 26/8/2009 1:17:08 PM   
vivlitherland

cant believe how excited i am about a 30 sec teaser trailer lol. cant wait!

Post #: 63
Summer blockbuster mayb! although a bit different to Da... - 26/8/2009 10:33:40 PM   
megank13

This looks bloody awesome!
I can't believe the cast, even though we only see leo, marion cotillard, ellen page, joseph gordon levitt and michael caine, im looking forward to seeing this next summer!

Post #: 64
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - 27/8/2009 11:26:55 AM   
D Dogster

Dark City mated with The Matrix. No thanks. Been done before, and better. LDC is a poor actor, he should realise that the Perma Frown projects nothing other than the need for a decent pair of glasses to stop him squinting.

Post #: 65
Hope the plot actually makes sense - 28/8/2009 2:53:28 PM   
shanewire

That is doesn't get too up its own ass, revolver style.
I have faith.

Post #: 66
DiCaprio squares off against a guy ? - 28/8/2009 4:05:40 PM   
Eugenius

Sorry Empire even after one viewing of the trailer I could tell that's not DiCaprio fighting in the corridor. It's Joseph Gordon-Levitt... Correct me if I am mistaken.

Post #: 67
RE: Hope the plot actually makes sense - 28/8/2009 4:11:44 PM   
timpeers1

D Dogster, what are you talking about??? Firstly name your Dark City/ Matrix mash up that is any good- whatever it is you can't say that it is better than Inception since no one on God's great Earth has seen Inception! Secondly, I suspect given Nolan's track record of dark thrillers, with quality scripts that this will piss all over both the afore mentioned. Third, however Di Caprio may appear to you there is no doubt that he is one of the finest, most diverse and talented actors of his generation. See: The Aviator; Blood Diamond; Revolutionary Road; Catch Me If You Can to name but a few. So what if he frowns and has a perma goatee. Start paying attention to critics and actual performances instead of submitting to your geeky fan boy mind! Inception could be amazing but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen more.

(in reply to shanewire)
Post #: 68
- 28/8/2009 7:53:54 PM   
joker_89

Gordon-Levitt is fighting in the hall and Cillian Murphy is being dragged away.

Post #: 69
RE: Inception Teaser Trailer Now Online - 29/8/2009 10:40:30 AM   
Ross Shapland

Cool trailer. As with most dark films nolan has made I hope the plot is kept simple so we can appreciate the style. The more expansive the plot, the more desparate and elaborate explanations become.

Post #: 70
This looks insanely genius - 29/8/2009 6:21:14 PM   
MartyW

As with all of nolan's films, cannot wait. The guy is a friggin genius... The corridor scene was awesome!

Post #: 71
Yep, Definaly One To See. - 30/8/2009 9:30:25 AM   
joanna likes films

The fact it has three people from Batman Begins (Ken Watanabe, Michael Caine and Cillian Murphy) starring alongside Leonardo Dicaprio, Marion Cotillard and my fave actor of the moment Tom Hardy, makes this one surely one to see when it comes out. Chrisopher Nolan is a genius and made many films very good to enjoy, I think this one will be a hit no doubt about it.

Post #: 72
- 1/9/2009 7:20:12 PM   
Dr Manhattan

Now that's what i call a teaser trailer, not long, doesnt explain anything and well it teases. Plus how cool did it look too!

Post #: 73
Inception looking intriguing. - 1/9/2009 8:38:28 PM   
iainmarshall

Sweet baby jesus this looks interesting.

Post #: 74
Inception Meaing - 7/9/2009 5:18:50 PM   
hasmap

i looked this up on ask.com. And this is what i came up with. maybe it has some relevance to the nature of the film, don't know. inception as a meaning:an event that is a beginning : a first part or stage of subsequent events. I recently saw a couple of casting sides and make you partially aware of Leo's situation, but nothing to make you fully understand what its all about.

< Message edited by hasmap -- 7/9/2009 7:31:43 PM >

Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> That Looks Awe...wait for it...some! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI