Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Superman Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> Superman Thread Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Superman Thread - 24/8/2009 1:42:59 PM   
MI Cruise

I recently bought the Superman boxset with all 4 Christopher Reeves films, I am shamed to admit that I havent seen Superman II or the 3th and 4th.
Superman: The Movie used to be one of my favourite films growing up along with the 2 Burton Batman movies, however I havent seen the movie for years and I would like to see if my views on the movie have changed now that I have gotten more serious about films in the last 2 years.

Who elses loves anything to do with Superman, be it the 2006 movie, or the DC animated series, express your love here.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/
Post #: 1
RE: Superman Thread - 24/8/2009 2:40:48 PM   
kumar

Superman: The Movie is great. Not too keen on the fly back in time thing, but its amazed me as a child and always enjoyed watching it. The extended edition has a few minutes attatched (i hope you have this version) and the scenes are IMO fucking excellent- why the hell did they get rid of them?! They really show the powa of superman. Superman II was really good aswell- though the celophane "S" was a bit weird as was the duplicating superpeople at the fortress- but I guess they were trying something original. The Donner cut of II isnt that good IMO and I hate hate hate the ending, and it also brings in much confusion with chronology, especially with Returns, but thats another story.

Superman 3 was always good for Richard Pryors sake. Though I havent watched it in years I cant remember much of what happens I remember a fight with a robot and a new form of kryptonite with "tar" as the missing ingredient. Id watch it again.

Superman 4 was fucking crap. As a kid I really enjoyed it and i think the blonde woman in it was my first crush. I caught some of it on tv the other day and I couldnt get past the awfulness of it all- bad effects, sets and all out shitness. Though i like the Leaning Tower of Pizza stuff- what a deliciously evil thing to do lol.

But yeah, I think The Movie is by far the best one, even with Returns thrown into the mix.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 2
RE: Superman Thread - 24/8/2009 5:20:48 PM   
krudler

The original Donner movie is fantastic, its paced brilliantly, from the Krypton opening to the Kent farm and then onto Metropolis, the first hour of it is as perfect a comic book movie as you could get, the script, the cinematograpy, the score, all brilliance. I'm not crazy about the turning back time stuff either but the other action scenes are still great, especially the helicopter scene, I could watch that one scene and get more excited about it than anything in Superman Returns. you truly believed that Reeve was Superman in those scenes, and I love the scene where Superman drops off Lois after the big flight around the city, changes back into Clark and while Lois is in another room he takes off his classes, straightens up so he's taller and smiles to himself, perfect.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 3
RE: Superman Thread - 24/8/2009 5:46:04 PM   
Tech_Noir

Superman 2 : Theatrical Cut is the best Superman film in my opinion.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 4
RE: Superman Thread - 24/8/2009 7:25:05 PM   
MI Cruise

Theres also Smallville which I think is amazing it was the first show that got me interested in American TV shows and TV Shows in general, I've seen all seasons except for the 8th which I am currrently waiting for on DVD, I would say Tom Welling is good as Clark Kent but after all those seasons I cant really imagine him with a suit and cape.
I am currently watching Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman on Virgin1 I had seen a few episodes off BBC2 growing up but hadnt seen the whole thing, so I waited till Virgin1 started showing it from Season 1, the episodes try to recreate the scene from the movies and goes for the different bad guy technique each episode which I find kinda dull, they try and make it as if every new episode is a new movie. Smallville used to have the same technique in its first season with meteor freaks were running loose around Smallville, but later switched to being a show with a story.
I havent had the time to go through the boxset but I am mostly looking forward to Superman II.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 5
RE: Superman Thread - 24/8/2009 7:25:54 PM   
darth silas

Superman:The Movie = All time classic film.

Superman 2:Theatrical cut = Flawed,but highly enjoyable.

Superman 2:The Donner cut = Superb.The second best Superman film and a huge improvement on the Lester version.

Superman 3 = A Richard Pryor comedy with special guest appearance by Superman.Some good scenes in it though(Evil Superman vs Clark Kent is a classic sequence).

Superman 4 = Deeply flawed but also highly underated.After the misfire of the last film it at least felt like a Superman film.The film may have many poor effects but on the plus side it has an excellent musical score,a villain that kicks the crap out of Supes,its fast paced and the ''double date'' scene is one of the funniest sequences in the series.

Superman Returns = Absolute rubbish.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 6
RE: Superman Thread - 24/8/2009 7:31:32 PM   
Tech_Noir

The first three seasons of Smallville were great fun and the brief use of the theme (both the main theme and the Krypton theme) gave me more tingly goosebumps than anything in Superman Returns.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 7
RE: Superman Thread - 24/8/2009 7:38:21 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

The first three seasons of Smallville were great fun and the brief use of the theme (both the main theme and the Krypton theme) gave me more tingly goosebumps than anything in Superman Returns.

I stopped watching that show after the first three episodes.Bad acting,Kristin Kreuks character was annoying and it seemed Clark and Lex had a ''Brokeback'' kind of relationship goin on

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 8
RE: Superman Thread - 24/8/2009 9:23:53 PM   
krudler

Smallville does have some great moments, Christopher Reeves cameo being a standout, the subtle theme playing as he's revealed is goosebump inducing

quote:

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 9
RE: Superman Thread - 25/8/2009 1:12:54 PM   
JIm R

IV bashing permitted  however any film in existence will inevitably suffer badly if it's budget is slashed by two thirds and your SFX budget is withdrawn weeks before release and then your running time is chopped from 2.5 hrs to 90 minutes as a result.

The ideas are there it was just held back by the new production team who bought the rights.

Superman, the original is simply superb, epic stuff that as a origin film should be the template of how to get source material of comic book onto screen, Raimi did equally as well with Spiderman, Nolan with Begins.

Later films, Donner's II is the better film than Lester's but the editing (because of the way it was brought together 30 years later suffers, but in escense the bringing back of Brando and his downfall and subsequent rise again is handled much better in Donner version)

Three for the junk yard face off is valid for viewing alone.

Love Returns for reasons said in other related threads.

< Message edited by JIm R -- 25/8/2009 4:24:43 PM >

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 10
RE: Superman Thread - 25/8/2009 3:33:22 PM   
goldleader

Im a massive Superman fan in Films and TV shows, but never read any of the comic books, should get some if anyone can recommend any good ones.

Superman the Movie - one of my fav films as a kid, used to jump around the front room with my dressing robe as a cape.  Love the score its one of the best for any film.  And i think the film has stood the test of time and is very watchable even now, i think this is down to the start of the film which makes it feel more like a sc-fi film than a 70s film which it becomes as they get to metroalis.

Superman II - is another film i loved as a child and still find very enjoyable as it has three great bad guys and just love General Zod.

Superman II the Donner Cut - is also very good and shows how the movie could have been even better if he had finished it.  If you haven't seen it you should makes more sense.

Superman III - again as a kid loved it but watching it now it doesn't hold up at all the beginning is just pure slapsick and doesn't fit with the series at all.  Again as other have said though it does have some good moments ie the scrap yard fight and the leaning tower of piza.

Superman IV - was a big deal as a kid again and a i remember waiting up late for the video shop to get it back in so my parents could go and collect it so i could watch it, this was in a time when the vid shop only had 1 copy of the latest release and there was a waiting list for it, how times have changed.  Watching now it is such a mess, with poor effects and very badly editing.  At least they drop the slapsick for it though its just a shame the budget was cut as i think the idea was good just not pulled off very well.

Superman Returns - I loved it, it was the first Superman film i had seen at the cinema and wet myself wet the music started at the beginning.  Yes there isn't much action and some of it doesn't make sense but Roth was great as Superman and also liked Spacy as Luther.  It was a great introduction back into the world of superman in much the same way as the first X-Men film and wish they would stop messing around and make a sequel with Bryan Singer directing and we might end up with a great sequel.

Supergirl - again loved as a kid but it has aged badly, and a lot of it doesn't fit with the other films but again i like the music score and Helen Slater looks so hot as Supergirl.

Lois and Clark - I enjoying watching these in my early teens on a saturday morning before Live and Kicking and enjoyed them very much.  Yes its a bit of a soap but its great fun and also like the theme tune.  Not great but good fun.

Smallville - i have to admitt i have only seen a few episodes but i do have the first season on dvd just haven't got round to watching it yet.

Superman the animated series - never really watched this either but again have the first season on DVD just need to find the time to watch it.

50s TV show - never seen and don;t have the dvd not sure what this is like.

Superboy tv show - watched as a kid but can't remember any of it.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 11
RE: Superman Thread - 25/8/2009 3:44:41 PM   
krudler

Its a pity IV had its budget cut and had to reuse so many fx shots,some from the first movie. As Reeve had a big hand in getting it made and clearly believed the story was worth telling, and parts of it are, Superman stepping in to make the world a safer place, having to sell the Kent farm after his mother has died, the villain who's a clone, all perfectly good plot details, just handled really badly and the movie degenerated into a laughable mess

quote:

(in reply to goldleader)
Post #: 12
RE: Superman Thread - 25/8/2009 4:07:06 PM   
The Hooded Man

Did you check out deleted scenes on IV - the action takes place with cartoon noises like bells going off and bird sounds. It's cringe worthy!
The first two Superman films were great, classics of the genre, the third not so good but the Supes v Clark stuff was excellent, liked idea of Supes going bad, Part IV was pants but for a number of reasons beyond the control of cast and crew, the fact that Milton Keynes doubles for Metropolis does not help.
Returns is great, mostly, Routh was good in the role but it hinged too closely on existing films and felt like a cover version/ remake rather than another chapter in parts, plus the Superkid idea did not do much for me.
The animated series from the 90s is superb however.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 13
RE: Superman Thread - 25/8/2009 4:22:25 PM   
00Nothing

I was always more of a Batman fan, but because of the DC connection always had an interest in Superman too. Loved the Christopher Reeve movies growing up, and I have lovely nostalgic memories of the fight scene in Superman III when it's Reeve vs Reeve, loved that when I was a youngster.

Superman The Movie-Brilliant film, a masterpiece and the film to which all comic book movies owe a debt, especially Nolan's Batman Begins and Raimi's Spiderman.

Superman II-Another love from my youth, although as I've gotten older I've developed issues with the smaller things (the cellophane S, WTF)

Superman III-As I've said before, loved it when I was young, have issues with some of the humour, but the five year old in me will always have a bit of love for it.

Superman IV-Anytime I'm depressed, or down, I'll stick this movie on. It cheers me up so much. The film is 'comedy' genius.

Superman Returns-Love this film. Sorry, I know a lot of you have issues with it, but I can't help it. The best since Donner's film and Brandon Routh is wonderful. If another film is made they have to bring him back.

Lois and Clark-Grew up watching this show avidly, part of my 1990's television diet, along with The X Files, but grew issues with it when the two lead characters got together, but I was a teenage boy at the time and I wasn't interested in all that 'soppy'stuff.

Smallville-Watched the first three seasons, but lost track of it after that, not because I started to hate it or anything, just didn't find time to watch it, but I enjoyed what I saw and loved the theme tune.

< Message edited by 00Nothing -- 25/8/2009 4:23:42 PM >

"I will see you in another life, when we are both cats."

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 14
RE: Superman Thread - 26/8/2009 10:43:15 AM   
Dr Lenera

SUPERMAN THE MOVIE 10/10 Love it,to my mind still the best superhero film ever,epic,romantic and superbly judged chamges in tone throughout
SUPERMAN 2 THEATRICAL CUT 8.5/10 A shadow of what could have,but great fun all the same
SUPERMAN 2 DONNER CUT 8.5/10 More like a collection of deleted scenes than a movie,but great ones!
SUPERMAN 2 INTERNATIONAL CUT 9/10 Theatrical Cut with lots of Donner footage,the best version I've seen,though recent fan cuts are probably better
SUPERMAN 3 8/10 Maybe too much humour,but a really fun movie,very underrated
SUPERMAN 4 4/10 How could they have looked at the test screenings and thought it was ok!
SUPERMAN RETURNS 8/10 Generally a solid return,though too much a rehash of the first film

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to 00Nothing)
Post #: 15
RE: Superman Thread - 26/8/2009 12:13:35 PM   
Kazuya

Superman IV is a guilty pleasure of mine Supes battling Blonde-Mullet-Dude in shoddy fx-land, it's so bad it's good.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 16
RE: Superman Thread - 26/8/2009 2:25:58 PM   
MI Cruise

I prefer Smallville seasons 4-6, here you're introduced to Lois Lane and every season there is one big baddie instead of just a new villian every episode although Season 6 did have Clark fighting off different escaped convicts from the Phantom Zone.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 17
RE: Superman Thread - 26/8/2009 2:43:17 PM   
Tech_Noir

Erica Durance is a great Lois Lane.

Bosworth the worst.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 18
RE: Superman Thread - 26/8/2009 3:07:16 PM   
Rgirvan44

The Max Fleischer cartoons still look great. Would love to see a movie with that style and Supes having a similar level of powers.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 19
RE: Superman Thread - 26/8/2009 6:24:32 PM   
karkate

Hi..
First of all i'm a big fan fan of superman
and i watched the superman's all the series
of parts from the age of kid and now also.
Thank you
------------
karkate
-----------

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 20
RE: Superman Thread - 26/8/2009 7:02:28 PM   
Invader_Ace

Just working my way through the animated Justice League Boxset (again).  The portrayal of Superman is just Superb.  He's still the boyscout, but they really nail the layers of the character, without making much use of Clark Kent.  You get a real sense that he's not a cheesy do-gooder, but there's hate and anger and worries under there.  Example the nightmare episode, where he destroys Metropolis, blasts out Louis' face and crushes Olsen to death.  I mean, holy shit!  You also get to see how he's always ready to put his body right on the line and that it's not always easy for him to do that, despite his power levels.

I frikken love Justice League, everyone should watch it.  I just can't say enough good about it.

(in reply to karkate)
Post #: 21
RE: Superman Thread - 26/8/2009 7:15:54 PM   
juanvasquez

I used to watch watch Justice League in the mornings before work on kids tv. I thought The Flash and Green Lantern were awesome.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 22
RE: Superman Thread - 26/8/2009 7:37:54 PM   
MI Cruise

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Superman The Movie (1978, Richard Donnor)

The movie starts with the opening credits which look really good companied with John Williams amazing Superman score which makes the 5 minutes of credits really enjoyable, The first 40 minutes of this film is the origin story starting on Krypton where we see Marlon Brando’s Jor-El banishing Zod (Terrance Stamp, who plays the voice of Jor-El in Smallville) Ursa and Non to the Phantom Zone, afterwards we see Jor-El pleading with the council members to evacuate the planet which he claims will be destroyed by the sun, the council deny this and go with the other top Kryptonian scientist’s theory that the planet is just shifting its orbit, Jor-El and Lara then send of baby Kal-El to Earth.
3 years later Kal-El crash lands on Earth and is found by Johnathan and Martha Kent (Glenn Ford and Phyllis Thaxter) who take the baby in. The story then fast forwards to Clark Kent now 18 longing to be able to show off his abilities, there’s also a scene where we see Lana Lang (Diane Sherry), who Clark has a crush on but unlike Smallville the film doesn’t concentrate 6 seasons on him trying to woo her. One of the deleted scenes also shows a young Lois Lane on a train which was a nice little touch. After Johnathan dies heads North where his green crystal creates the fortress of solitude, inside he spends 12 years training and when he’s done he leaves as Superman you could say the actual story kicks off when we get to Metropolis where Clark just got a job working for Perry White at the Daily Planet (played by Jackie Cooper although I prefer Lane Smith from Lois and Clark), Clark meets the Daily Planet’s top reporter Lois Lane (Margot Kidder) and Jimmy Olsen (Marc McClure, again I prefer Michael Landes as Jimmy Olsen from the first season of Lois and Clark) then we are introduced to Gene Hackmans Lex Luthor and his bumbling assistant Otis (Ned Beatty) who are plotting a diabolical plot from their underground lair.
The best part of this movie is the helicopter scene where Lois is hanging out the door and Superman goes to the phone booth to change only to his annoyance there’s no booth. ‘I hope this little incident hasn’t put you off flying miss, statistically speaking its still the safest way to travel’, pure gold. Another good scene is where Superman visits Lois at her house, ‘what color underwear am I wearing?’ to which he later replies ‘pink’.
Marlon Brando like every role he plays plays this one superbly. We also see Susannah York as Lara.
The special effects are amazing in this movie seeing as it was made in 1978, the flying still looks good, there are some people that don’t like the flying backwards through time scene but I think that its perfect, you see Superman breaking the rules his father set him and he goes back to save her.
Margot Kidder is the best Lois Lane, Teri Hatcher and Kate Bosworth aren’t really much competition although Erica Durance is good in Smallville, and then there’s the big man himself IMO the best Superman ever Christopher Reeves and even though there were 3 more Supermen after him they still couldn’t recreate his charm and ability to make you believe that he was the real deal.
Gene Hackmans great as Lex Luthor but his character in this movie is more like a comic book villain allowing mistakes by Otis to be forgiven and not like the Lex from Lois and Clark nor is he the serious one from Smallville.
A amazing movie, and the best Superman movie ever made!

Overall Score -

< Message edited by MI Cruise -- 26/8/2009 7:38:35 PM >

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 23
RE: Superman Thread - 26/8/2009 10:08:02 PM   
24Dan

Professional Analrapist

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 24
RE: Superman Thread - 27/8/2009 10:45:05 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Superman The Movie (1978, Richard Donnor)

The movie starts with the opening credits which look really good companied with John Williams amazing Superman score which makes the 5 minutes of credits really enjoyable, The first 40 minutes of this film is the origin story starting on Krypton where we see Marlon Brando's Jor-El banishing Zod (Terrance Stamp, who plays the voice of Jor-El in Smallville) Ursa and Non to the Phantom Zone, afterwards we see Jor-El pleading with the council members to evacuate the planet which he claims will be destroyed by the sun, the council deny this and go with the other top Kryptonian scientist's theory that the planet is just shifting its orbit, Jor-El and Lara then send of baby Kal-El to Earth.
3 years later Kal-El crash lands on Earth and is found by Johnathan and Martha Kent (Glenn Ford and Phyllis Thaxter) who take the baby in. The story then fast forwards to Clark Kent now 18 longing to be able to show off his abilities, there's also a scene where we see Lana Lang (Diane Sherry), who Clark has a crush on but unlike Smallville the film doesn't concentrate 6 seasons on him trying to woo her. One of the deleted scenes also shows a young Lois Lane on a train which was a nice little touch. After Johnathan dies heads North where his green crystal creates the fortress of solitude, inside he spends 12 years training and when he's done he leaves as Superman you could say the actual story kicks off when we get to Metropolis where Clark just got a job working for Perry White at the Daily Planet (played by Jackie Cooper although I prefer Lane Smith from Lois and Clark), Clark meets the Daily Planet's top reporter Lois Lane (Margot Kidder) and Jimmy Olsen (Marc McClure, again I prefer Michael Landes as Jimmy Olsen from the first season of Lois and Clark) then we are introduced to Gene Hackmans Lex Luthor and his bumbling assistant Otis (Ned Beatty) who are plotting a diabolical plot from their underground lair.
The best part of this movie is the helicopter scene where Lois is hanging out the door and Superman goes to the phone booth to change only to his annoyance there's no booth. 'I hope this little incident hasn't put you off flying miss, statistically speaking its still the safest way to travel', pure gold. Another good scene is where Superman visits Lois at her house, 'what color underwear am I wearing?' to which he later replies 'pink'.
Marlon Brando like every role he plays plays this one superbly. We also see Susannah York as Lara.
The special effects are amazing in this movie seeing as it was made in 1978, the flying still looks good, there are some people that don't like the flying backwards through time scene but I think that its perfect, you see Superman breaking the rules his father set him and he goes back to save her.
Margot Kidder is the best Lois Lane, Teri Hatcher and Kate Bosworth aren't really much competition although Erica Durance is good in Smallville, and then there's the big man himself IMO the best Superman ever Christopher Reeves and even though there were 3 more Supermen after him they still couldn't recreate his charm and ability to make you believe that he was the real deal.
Gene Hackmans great as Lex Luthor but his character in this movie is more like a comic book villain allowing mistakes by Otis to be forgiven and not like the Lex from Lois and Clark nor is he the serious one from Smallville.
A amazing movie, and the best Superman movie ever made!

Overall Score -

If these are possible spoliers people, stop what you are doing, hunt down the film and begin watching now.....

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 25
RE: Superman Thread - 27/8/2009 11:38:20 AM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

The Max Fleischer cartoons still look great. Would love to see a movie with that style and Supes having a similar level of powers.

Most definitely. Give it to Kerry Conran (Sky Captain..) with a 200 mill budget, have someone else write the script, and we're in business.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 26
RE: Superman Thread - 27/8/2009 1:13:41 PM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

Superman IV is a guilty pleasure of mine Supes battling Blonde-Mullet-Dude in shoddy fx-land, it's so bad it's good.

I love the round the world battle, where it happens to be daylight on 3 different continents at the same time Best piece of shoddy fx has to be when they fight in space and its an overhead shot, and its clearly just them standing on shiny black plastic with white bits for stars, you can even see them reflected in it, brilliance

quote:

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 27
RE: Superman Thread - 27/8/2009 1:14:58 PM   
Tech_Noir

Didn't Nuclear Man take that woman into space, she had no problem breathing.

I really want to see Quest for Peace again.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 28
RE: Superman Thread - 27/8/2009 1:18:03 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

quote:

I love the round the world battle, where it happens to be daylight on 3 different continents at the same time Best piece of shoddy fx has to be when they fight in space and its an overhead shot, and its clearly just them standing on shiny black plastic with white bits for stars, you can even see them reflected in it, brilliance

Yeah that's an awesome shot, fucking hilarious I'm gonna have to get it on Blu if it's ever released, should make the crap effects extravaganza even more pronounced

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 29
RE: Superman Thread - 27/8/2009 1:32:16 PM   
JIm R

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

quote:

Yeah that's an awesome shot, fucking hilarious I'm gonna have to get it on Blu if it's ever released, should make the crap effects extravaganza even more pronounced

I did a study of the film recently at my local film club and we looked specifically at the sequels and just how bad the entire 'feel' of the fourth film became, from the cast looking utterly frozen in Milton Keynes to the way way below SFX but as I say it's no great suprise of your budget is slashed weeks before release and the SFX have to be dropped from a great height !

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> Superman Thread Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI