Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Gore Verbinski Is Off Bioshock

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gore Verbinski Is Off Bioshock Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gore Verbinski Is Off Bioshock - 24/8/2009 9:14:01 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Thinking - 24/8/2009 9:14:01 AM   
LBBT

Is it just me or does Gore now have all the time in the world to do Pirates 4, cause Pirates 4 would be nothing without Gore. But it's just me thinking:P

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
meh - 24/8/2009 12:14:01 PM   
thepluginbaby

I'm not a massive fan of Bioshock. An imaginative art-deco underwater city is all its got going and thats not necessarily the key to a great movie.

Post #: 3
- 24/8/2009 2:40:16 PM   
VijayUK

@ LBBT: I rather he concentrated on something other than Pirates 4 - Pirates 2 & 3 were not very imaginative/fun/entertaining. @thepluginbaby: I quite like Bioshock, I can't seem to complete it though. Gonna try my hand at Crysis, but I'm more of a World in Conflict/C&C/Total War/Warcraft/Civilization/Sim City/Champ Manager/Company of Heroes type of player. Maybe Gore V. can try a SimCity movie, or even better, 'Championship Manager: The Movie'?

Post #: 4
RE: meh - 24/8/2009 2:50:09 PM   
SolarDave

a great story doesn't count now apparently?

See, to them, you're just a freak... like me!

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 5
RE: meh - 24/8/2009 9:32:01 PM   
Arfpint

quote:

ORIGINAL: thepluginbaby

I'm not a massive fan of Bioshock. An imaginative art-deco underwater city is all its got going and thats not necessarily the key to a great movie.

A psycho plastic surgeon who can't help but perform "one more tuck", an insidious gangster who wants the power - currently held by a man who believes that ethics and morality are a hindrance to human advancement, an Irishman desperately searching for his wife and child, a composer and artist who finds the true beauty in human suffering, and a protagonist with a very disturbing secret, and a massive twist in the story...yeah, I can't find anything that would be a good movie out of that lot.

Christ on a bike.

Having said all that, I'm still not happy about it. Video games just don't turn into good films. Easy as that.

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 6
- 7/2/2010 6:33:23 PM   
LouisBond

Jack Sparrow enters Rapture in the Bathosphere...LOL! I'm kind of glad a more thinky director's taking over. There's a lot that needs building on from the game to make a film worthwhile.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gore Verbinski Is Off Bioshock Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI