Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Bill Birch To Write Shazam! For DC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Bill Birch To Write Shazam! For DC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bill Birch To Write Shazam! For DC - 20/8/2009 10:38:37 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Seriously... - 20/8/2009 10:38:37 AM   
Noelg25

Captain Marvel is one of the underrated characters of DC Comics just like Green Lantern. His powers can rival that of Superman's. We need more and more DC characters to be put on the big screen. Yes we are having Green Lantern at long last, we still need The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow and Black Canary and Aquaman and maybe Martian Manhunter (though that could be difficult). Despite them not wanting to go down the same road as Marvel, I still think Warner and DC should do crossovers and eventually lead to doing the Justice League movie that was pretty much doomed before it even started back in 2007. We've had the success of The Dark Knight which put DC Comics back on the map.

So seriously why has it taken almost 6 writers to get a script right based on a character who has to say a magic word to become the World's Mightiest Mortal? Come on guys someone sort this out!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
I thought... - 20/8/2009 10:40:21 AM   
britesparc

Geoff Johns, fabled DC comics writer (Superman, Green Lantern, Infinite Crisis, 52, etc) was writing this as well? Hopefully this film will somehow subtly tie in to Green Lantern, and we'll finally get a proper DC movie universe...

Post #: 3
im happy - 20/8/2009 12:51:49 PM   
Bates

Post #: 4
im happy - 20/8/2009 12:58:52 PM   
Bates

to see that DC finally appear to be making an effort to get some of their heroes onto the big screen, i love DC, nothing against marvel but its DC all the way. im quite exited about Captain Marvel but im still desperatly waiting for a the Flash film to get made. my only hope is that all of teh new DC films are made to look like they are from the same world so that when they finally get around to doing a Justice league film they all fit. and i may be the only person who says this but no more re-imaginings please, Brandon Routh should stay as Supes and Christian Bale should stay as Bats. i am glad however that the planned justice league film has been put on the back burner because i really want to see it done proper. keep it in mind Billy Birch!

Post #: 5
shaquille o neal - 20/8/2009 1:43:15 PM   
bigdave3000

popped into my head while reading this. turns out i just combined his movies "kazaam" and "steel" in my head to make "shazam"!

Post #: 6
RE: Seriously... - 20/8/2009 11:42:30 PM   
hasmap

Hey there, just to let you know that warner bros have hired people to write the Flash, so i'm sure they'll be some news soon. And The Green Arrow(who is one of my favs), Justin Marks has already written a script and i recently read that the another writer has come on board to help Marks flesh out the script. It's Called Green Arrow: Escape from Supermax. The Green Arrow is framed for the murder of Col. Khalid and sentanced to spend the rest of his life in the Supermax prison for Super-Villains, most of which has put in there himself. He now has to befriend the ones he once hated in order to escape the Supermax and clears his name.
I've read The March, 2008 draft, and its a class script, with a great story, where you get flash back scenes of origins of how he became the Green Arrow, the Supermax is Ultra-cool facility that changes shape and re-configures itself to scare people from trying to escape. There are tons of cameos from  the DC Universe, including two of Batman's arch-enemies and a Superman one. Blockbuster, Gemini are just a couple of the ones on show.

J.Haslegrave

(in reply to Noelg25)
Post #: 7
- 21/8/2009 3:59:06 PM   
Adrian

pfft. everyone knows the Cohens are useless at football.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Bill Birch To Write Shazam! For DC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI