Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Lionsgate Puts Baby In The Corner Again

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Lionsgate Puts Baby In The Corner Again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lionsgate Puts Baby In The Corner Again - 19/8/2009 8:59:08 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Don't do it! - 19/8/2009 8:59:08 AM   
Sharpie69

I've just forwarded this story on to a female friend of mine, and mentioned it to another female in the office, and I'm sure if I mentioned it to millions more the response would be the same...Lionsgate...what the hell are you thinking?!!! Why do some studio's insist on remaking films that should just be left alone?!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Why not - 19/8/2009 9:10:32 AM   
UTB

With High School Musical being as popular as it is it you could probably make tons of cash by sticking some floppy haired teen in it instead of Patrick Swayze, who I doubt the youth of today find teh sexeh.

Post #: 3
Lionsgate.... - 19/8/2009 10:44:32 AM   
AquaDragon2K

....step away from Dirty Dancing!!!!!!

Post #: 4
NOOOOO - 19/8/2009 11:31:38 AM   
Helenaskham

say it isn't so!
God, they'll probably put Hilary Duff in it....
THIS IS A BAD IDEA!

Post #: 5
Have they not learnt? - 19/8/2009 1:10:01 PM   
GuitarGal_China

Lionsgate should step well away from Dirty Dancing. If they are just following the footsteps of Hairspray and the upcoming Footloose remake, they are just going to find themselves out of pocket. There is a reason why Havana Nights failed - Lionsgate should leave Baby in the corner and back in the 80s!!

Post #: 6
oh dear - 19/8/2009 1:35:01 PM   
dob69

it's official. Hollywood has run out of new ideas

Post #: 7
Eurgh! - 19/8/2009 1:35:40 PM   
Nicky C

Dirty Dancing is a horrible example to women. It's about an under age girl who cops off with a red coat at Butlins! Do we really want that for our daughters? Again? Why don't they go whole hog and re-do Pretty Woman, the one about the girl who is attractive and intelligent but still can't look after herself, resorts to becoming a prossy (why? she seems clever enough to work a till!) and then totally gives up on herself with the notion that she will never have anything unless a rich gerbil-botherer buys it for her!

Post #: 8
- 19/8/2009 2:53:06 PM   
bigdog1000

i havent even got a vagina and i think this is a bad idea.

Post #: 9
thanks! - 19/8/2009 3:08:21 PM   
Bates

Another film that Im going to be forced to watch over and over again! The origional has been the bane of my existance ever since i took interest in girls! A shit film about a bloke in his 30's perving over a 15 year old girl. Nobody puts baby in a corner? bollocks, she's 15 her dad CAN put her in any bloddy corner he likes, Nonce!

Post #: 10
Re: thanks! - 19/8/2009 3:42:57 PM   
Web Head

Bates you have made more sense in just a few lines than most people do their entire lives! I couldnt agree with you more. The original is utter, 100%, full blown, total fairy tale, over romanticised, over watched piece of guff ive ever been subjected to! Not to mention the films blatent support of chasing jail bait! If it wasnt for the fact that woman are evil geniuses who use sex as leverage no man would ever agree to watch this film let alone a sodding re-make! Hollywood has finally reached the lowest point it can. On behalf of sensible men everywhere I would like to say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (fyi, im not sexist i just hate this freakin movie!)

Post #: 11
Oh my dearie me - 19/8/2009 4:21:18 PM   
DGener8

I'm a bloke and even I know this is a bloody awful idea. Which market are they targetting? Men are obviously out. Fans of the original will deem it blasphemous and stay away in droves. Everything that made the original bearable (to most) or wonderful (to some) can't be replicated without driving people to just get the sodding DVD. Cast Zac Efron and you've blown your chances of breaking even. Cast an unknown and you've got Havana Nights all over again. Work in a plot twist with a final dance-off in which everyone has leprosy and limbs keep falling off mid-pachanga, then we'll talk.

Post #: 12
Oh my dearie me - 19/8/2009 4:36:17 PM   
DGener8

I'm a bloke and even I know this is a bloody awful idea. Which market are they targetting? Men are obviously out. Fans of the original will deem it blasphemous and stay away in droves. Everything that made the original bearable (to most) or wonderful (to some) can't be replicated without driving people to just get the sodding DVD. Cast Zac Efron and you've blown your chances of breaking even. Cast an unknown and you've got Havana Nights all over again. Work in a plot twist with a final dance-off in which everyone has leprosy and limbs keep falling off mid-pachanga, then we'll talk.

Post #: 13
Oh my dearie me - 19/8/2009 5:04:29 PM   
DGener8

Post #: 14
STUPID IDEA - 19/8/2009 5:51:10 PM   
losthighway

I'd really like someone to put the execs at Lionsgate in a corner... and leave them there!!!

Post #: 15
.....??????????! - 19/8/2009 9:22:39 PM   
Sphinx

Bastards, if they DARE to make it even a mile near high school musical.

It won't happen, there might be a hate campaign..........I might start one!!

Post #: 16
Point Break - 19/8/2009 10:01:40 PM   
bigdave3000

Thank god we men have point break.

Post #: 17
Good Idea, Bad Idea - 25/8/2009 12:54:06 PM   
Saoirse

This is just a really bad idea. Seriously what is with all the remakes? Have all the creative people in Hollywood just decided to up and leave or are they just not bothered anymore. Come up with something new people!

Oh and Bates - Baby in the film is not 15. She's going to college in the fall (says so at the start of the film) or joining the Peace Corp which you had to be at least 18 to do so she isn't under age. And while Patrick Swayze was in his 30's doing the film the character was meant to be in his mid-20's. If you are going to slate a film at least get the facts straight.

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Lionsgate Puts Baby In The Corner Again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI