Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 27/4/2010 3:56:07 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Not sure anyone else is reading this thread anymore but I watched the rest of the season over the weekend...WOW

The last couple of Episodes are amazing. Everything that has happened has lead t the final episode and the writers have crafted a fine yarn which all comes to a head in a brutal blood soaked encounter.

Sweet jesus this is an amazing final episode! I urge anyone to watch this series!

It is indeed pretty damn amazing by the end. I like that it doesn't keep its secrets or pay offs until the season finale. Big events happen every episode.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 61
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 27/4/2010 8:28:26 PM   
Timon

KILL THEM ALL!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 62
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 28/4/2010 8:52:57 PM   
kenada_woo

Just got the last episode to watch....but I agree, its superb the way everything is coming together with all the double crossing, murders, playing off of characters. What started off as fluff is ending up gripping in an OTT soap opera of the highest quality in writing terms.

Episode 12 was superb, especially the ruck between Spartacus and the Roman Generals in super slow-mo. Its exciting TV...more so than most films that are out haha.

Cant wait to get the last episode in. But Im honestly gutted Andy Whitfield has cancer. Really want him to become a TV superstar.

The most surprising thing I've just found out is the guy who plays Crixus is in 30 Days Of Night playing Josh Hartnett's deputy (who gets his head chopped off near the end)! Looks completely different in the TV show as he's a meat-head compared to 30 Days where he's skinny and gaunt.

Quality TV show anyway

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 63
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - 29/4/2010 4:15:48 PM   
Timon

Apparently, when it returns Spartacus' second season wil be called Spartacus: Vengeance!

Show writer Maurissa Tancharoe, elaborates via Twitter: “The second season is still happening; however, it is on hold at the moment due to star Andy Whitfield’s health problems.” Another tweet seemed to reassure fans that season 2 is definitely not cancelled declaring, “Season two of #Spartacus has NOT been cancelled. Don’t know where that rumor came from.”
Rumors have also surfaced that a prequel series could be under way with a younger actor filling Whitfield’s role as Spartacus, but it’s not clear if Lucy Lawless and John Hannah will be starring in that as well. NY Magazine seems to be confirming that Starz will be developing a 6-episode mini-series prequel to keep momentum going with the show’s nearly one million weekly viewers.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 64
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - 29/4/2010 4:25:48 PM   
Rgirvan44

I was kinda hoping it would be called KILL THEM ALL!!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 65
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - 30/4/2010 2:59:19 PM   
Felix

Awesome finale. As others have said, the pilot wasnt particularly good, but once you get used to the style of the show, its writing and performances come to the fore. What at first glance should be a show filled with posturing and dumb meat head roles is actually full of very subtle and nuanced performances and Andy Whitfield is fantastic as Spartacus. Didnt think I'd be writing that after watching the pilot!

Cant wait for season 2, hope Whitfield can put his health problems behind him.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 66
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - 1/5/2010 10:54:28 AM   
HIM

When's this on TV?

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 67
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - 1/5/2010 11:12:13 AM   
sanchia

I saw the coming soon on Bravo trailer but it didn't mention precisely when.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 68
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - 1/5/2010 11:29:25 AM   
Funkyrae

I heard somewhere 25th May but I've not seen that confirmed anywhere.

That's me that is!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 69
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - 4/5/2010 12:48:05 PM   
Timon

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 70
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 12/5/2010 7:39:55 AM   
Timon

Pre-production is underway on a six-part prequel to Starz' hit original series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand."

Andy Whitfield, who played the title character in the series, will appear in the prequel briefly, but Lucy Lawless and John Hannah take center stage in this story of the rise of the House of Batiatus and its champions before Spartacus arrives as a captured Thracian slave. With the title still to be determined, the prequel will begin production this summer in New Zealand, and is slated to air on Starz in January 2011.

John Hannah returns as Batiatus, owner of the Ludus, along with his wife Lucretia, played by Lucy Lawless. Other returning actors include Peter Mensah (Doctore), Manu Bennett (Crixus), Antonio Te Maioha (Barca), Nick E. Tarabay (Ashur), Lesley-Ann Brandt (Naevia) – and others. New characters will also be added – most notably the gladiator who was champion of the House of Batiatus before Spartacus or even Crixus – who will help fill in the story about the people and politics in the House of Batiatus and ancient Capua as a whole.

Production on the second season of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" was postponed this spring to allow Andy Whitfield to be treated for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in New Zealand. His doctors indicate that the actor is responding well.

"The prequel story maintains the excitement and entertainment value of the first season of 'Spartacus,' giving audiences the engaging experience they've come to expect," said Starz President and CEO Chris Albrecht. "We look forward to continuing the Spartacus story."

Produced by Rob Tapert, Sam Raimi, Joshua Donen and Steven S. DeKnight, "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" was the highest rated show for the 18-49 demographic among all cable networks for 12 of the 13 Fridays on which it aired based on coverage rating.* The production team remains intact for the six-part prequel.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 71
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 22/5/2010 3:10:45 PM   
Jeffrey

Four-disc DVD and Blu-ray released in the US on September 21st.

DVD and Blu-ray bonus features include:
  • Gladiator Camp (featurette)
  • History Rewritten (featurette)
  • Make-up Effects (featurette)
  • The Hole (featurette)
  • Plus more featurettes!
  • Audio Commentaries
  • Episodes with Enhanced Digital Effects
  • Behind-The-Scenes Footage
  • Bloopers
  • Trailers
Exclusive Blu-ray bonus feature:
  • Four “Directors’ Cut Extended Episodes” personally selected by Executive Producer Rob Tapert

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 72
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 27/5/2010 12:17:41 PM   
Timon

Extended episodes and commentaries!

Awesome!

Kill them all!

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 73
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 27/5/2010 4:35:33 PM   
sroey

Got my brother to start to watch this - he wasnt sold on the first episode but I asked him to stick with it - he is half way through now and loving it! This is a defo BR purchase for me!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 74
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 8/6/2010 5:21:59 PM   
Jeffrey

Yay!:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/06/spartacus-star-andy-whitfield-is-cancer-free-ready-to-return-to-the-starz-series/

Wong Kar-wai News:

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 75
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 9/6/2010 9:02:21 AM   
Sinatra

Loving this series so far, only 2 episodes in so I wont read back through this thread.... amazing how advanced the Romans were with silicone implants!

I'm hoping Spartacus's wife comes back into it soon, she's hot!

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 76
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 9/6/2010 2:12:19 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey

Yay!:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/06/spartacus-star-andy-whitfield-is-cancer-free-ready-to-return-to-the-starz-series/

Woohoo!

He's back! He's bad! He's Thracean! He's mad!

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 77
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 9/6/2010 2:15:10 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey

Yay!:

Woohoo!

He's back! He's bad! He's Thracean! He's mad!

Even cancer is scared of this dude!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 78
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 16/6/2010 12:33:23 PM   
Timon

Good documentary on Channel 4 earlier in the week about gladiatorial combat in and around York of all places. Very interesting if you're getting into Spartacus and all things Roman.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/gladiators-back-from-the-dead/4od#3077461

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 79
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 25/6/2010 10:57:17 PM   
kumar

So i was fed up of Bravos constant 10minute ad breaks of the shows so i sped ahead online. That finale was amazing. I look forward to seeing the next chapter, though at first i did think it was very hard to get used to the style. Im glad i stuck it through to the finale though, it was great

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 80
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 26/6/2010 1:48:21 AM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Good documentary on Channel 4 earlier in the week about gladiatorial combat in and around York of all places. Very interesting if you're getting into Spartacus and all things Roman.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/gladiators-back-from-the-dead/4od#3077461

Yeah, I saw that. Wasn't bad at all. Would have been better without all the 300 style effects but whatcha gonna do?

That's me that is!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 81
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 1/7/2010 10:12:58 AM   
sharkboy

Well, after getting to Episode 5 on UK speed, we decided that a week was too long to wait and obtained the remainder of the season which we watched over the last couple of nights. 

Fuck me pink, but that's how to do a season finale!  My only regret was that Ilithya escaped the carnage - if anyone deserved a well-placed blade it was her.  And for someone who'd been dealt a pretty big dose of soporifics, Crixus certainly got a second wind after the shield jump, didn't he?  So, next season I suppose we can look forward to the search for Naevea (or as I call her, Nivea - after all, Crixus did make her cream!), a bit more Glaber and the introduction of Crassus and his unbeatable army.  I for one can't wait!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 82
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 1/7/2010 10:16:25 AM   
Timon

Kill them all!

I can't wait to see how they do the slave army holding and living on Mount Vesuvius. Should be awesome.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 83
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 2/7/2010 6:33:06 AM   
HIM

Me and my girlfriend have just finished watching this and we both love it! So glad I stuck with it. It's up there with True Blood and House as our favourite show at the moment. The finale was awesome. I liked that Crixus came round and sided with Spartacus. I thought he was just a clichéd meat head at first and couldn't wait for Spartacus to beat him in the arena but I really like him now. I think they developed the majority of the characters brilliantly. Ashur really a new Wormtongue isn't he. Cunning as a fox and someone you love to hate. I loved Batiatus and Lucretia and am glad they're back for the prequel season.

For season two though I hope they get a bit more money to build some actual sets and not use cheap looking CGI backgrounds like in the pilot.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 84
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 2/7/2010 8:49:47 AM   
Timon

Woohoo. More converts!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 85
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 3/7/2010 3:20:27 PM   
Jeffrey

The title of the prequel series is Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena.
http://www.facebook.com/spartacus.starz

Wong Kar-wai News:

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 86
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 3/7/2010 4:55:18 PM   
HIM

Woah Jeffrey, that av is pretty spoilerific for anyone that hasn't seen the end of Season One. I think the UK people are only up to episode 6.

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 87
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 3/7/2010 6:26:35 PM   
Timon

To be fair, it seems a lot of them have just bitten the bullet and download the whole lot rather than wait....

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 88
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 3/7/2010 7:54:57 PM   
Felix

HIM is right Jeffery, its also far too gruesome to be an avatar. Please change it.

Its also the small matter of 8mb over the 150kb limit...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 89
RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi - 16/7/2010 9:39:44 AM   
Timon

Cancer survivor Andy Whitfield is to make his first public appearanceSpartacus: Blood and Sand" castmates to chat about the future of the hit TV franchise set in ancient Rome and co-star Lucy Lawless insists Comic-Con is a great place for his return.

She says, "I know he's gonna love every moment of it." Whitfield, who plays gladiator slave Spartacus on the show, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma earlier this year, resulting in a delay in production on the second series of the show, which is filmed in New Zealand.

He has now been given the all-clear after months of treatment and he has already begun training to get back in shape for the physically demanding role, with plans to enroll in boot camp sessions in July. Whitfield is due to resume filming the drama in October. since battling the disease at next week's Comic-Con convention in San Diego, California."

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Spartacus:Blood & Sand - From Sam Raimi Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI