Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 28/1/2013 1:44:51 PM   
Timon

Loved the new start to the season. Especially loved what they've done with Crassus. Really liked him. In fact, I want to do well and kill all the slaves because I liked him so much!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 331
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 29/1/2013 1:16:39 PM   
kumar

Has it aired on Sky yet, Timon?? Have I missed it?!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 332
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 31/1/2013 7:47:10 PM   
Zaphod121

Yeh it was a great opener, seems like the slave army has got a lot bigger since Vengeance. No, it's starts 11th of Feb on Sky kumar.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 333
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 4/2/2013 12:38:39 PM   
Timon

Good to see in the second episode, they didn't skimp away from the raping, pillaging and general atrocities that would have occurred when the slave army sacked a city...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 334
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 4/2/2013 2:29:24 PM   
kumar

I dont know about you guys, but im so far sided with the Romans after the 2 episodes. They will have to show them stamping on puppies for me to change my mind. I dont know history much, other than the Romans win, but im looking forward to Ceaser and Crassus laying some serious smack down on our "heroes"

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 335
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 4/2/2013 8:33:14 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Good to see in the second episode, they didn't skimp away from the raping, pillaging and general atrocities that would have occurred when the slave army sacked a city...

Glad, well sort-of glad, to read that.

I thought the first episode was incredibly strong (quite incredible since the first three series always were at their weakest in their first episode), and I'm extremely positive about this.

Though BORING HISTORY TIME was Crassus such a tactician? His doomed campaign agaisnt the Parthians suggests he wasn't the greatest. Though the Parthians were a very strong armored people (HOLY FUCKING CATAPHRACT) so maybe they were just extremely strong as well.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 336
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 5/2/2013 9:44:42 AM   
Timon

In the show, it shows he's more of a political maneuverer rather than a military tactician. That's why he's bought in Caesar... though I'm not too sure I like what they've done with him. Still, it's something different from how we usually see him portrayed.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 337
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/2/2013 12:31:40 PM   
kumar

Generally solid third episode, but I cant help but think the writing is very clumsy. I really dont give a fuck about the slaves anymore and coupled with the raping and pillaging of last week they all deserved to be royally fucked by the gods. The whole thing of Crixus setting up the first fight, then his subsequent worry over some bread really highlighted the clumsiness of it all. Naevia can fuck right off. Spartacus is completely naive to it all, the only one seeing clearly is Gannicus. Agron too, is fucking me off, with his nonchalance and over raging homosexual relationship with Nasir, who thankfully has stopped hissing like a cat every time he fights.

I see a massive fallout coming between the slaves. Ive no idea how it pans out (other than they lose), but I imagined Big G laying waste to Naevia due to her fucking stupid paranoia, then Crixus killing him, finally besting the man. Everyone is deflated, Agron can go cry in the corner, then Spartacus dies in battle. Some shit like that.

Basically, I havent fallen back in love with our heroes. They are cunts mostly.

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 338
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 12/2/2013 10:56:34 AM   
Timon

I like what they're doing. It's not as if the slaves, once they rebelled, were a bunch of saints. I like that you see them as divided, conflicted and vengeful bastards because, arguably, that's what led to their defeat.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 339
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 3/3/2013 1:16:49 PM   
galvatron

No one else watching this? This week's was good, full of action and saw Crixus and Spartacus back as mates. I can't believe that they held off a whole legion with 5 warriors!

Who will kill the main heroes? Caesar to kill a few?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 340
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 3/3/2013 1:30:52 PM   
kumar

Just caught the newest episode and its OK. Im still having issues with this season but I think its because I know where it is heading.... Coming off the end of this episode I wonder what the next 5 will be. Surely its likely to be an all out onslaught. If ever there is room or time for further inner conflict, then it has to be between Gannicus and Crixus. But yeah, overall it was okish.

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 341
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/3/2013 10:11:18 AM   
kumar

Spoils of War has definitely been the best of the season by far. One of my favorite of the series, and it was the Gannicus Show that did it! Really feared the worst at points but his confrontation with Hiraclio was brilliant.

Again, the ominous end is drawing near which is bad, Spartacus seems to know it and we as the audience are being hammered with it. I hope those bastards go out with ultimate style. I want none of that Tug of War shit! Gruesome stuff!

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 342
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 18/3/2013 1:50:36 PM   
Timon

Really curious about how they're going to end this. Spartacus and Crixus are clearly going to come to a head next week, perhaps splitting the slave army, then Crassus will wipe them out.... but I'm sure some will survive.

I hope solely Gannicus.

< Message edited by Timon -- 18/3/2013 1:51:01 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 343
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 21/3/2013 2:51:07 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

As long as Gannicus the mad fuck survives I'll be happy. He's by far the best character.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 344
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 25/3/2013 2:54:15 PM   
Timon

FFS Ti! Spoilers mate!!

This hasn't even shown in the UK yet!

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 25/3/2013 10:25:06 PM >

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 345
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 27/3/2013 1:45:47 AM   
galvatron

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Spolers in funny colour

Can't believe that Tiberius killed both Agron and Crixus. The guy's a total muppet. Real sad to see them go but it was inevitable. I was hoping for a good resolution for Agron/Nazir love story. How will Spartacus defend his people with most of his best warriors gone?

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 27/3/2013 12:45:25 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 346
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 27/3/2013 11:37:04 AM   
Timon

This is the US speed thread! My comments will not be denied!

Crixus lost his head!

Agron was stabbed!

Caesar was rogered! Hard!

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 27/3/2013 12:45:01 PM >

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 347
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 27/3/2013 12:44:28 PM   
sharkboy

No its not.  It's the only Spartacus thread being used for discussion regardless of US/UK broadcast therefore spoiler rules apply.  In any case, it's common practice on these here boards to allow a day or two of at least invisotexting them to allow people the chance to watch their recording/allow trans-atlantic posting times for the US aunties

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 348
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 27/3/2013 12:46:45 PM   
Timon

But here's the UK thread! I don't understand!

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2731675&mpage=1&key=spartacus&NID=0#2731675

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 349
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 27/3/2013 1:37:17 PM   
sharkboy

It's been almost a year since the last post in that thread, and since the most recent series is only a day or so behind the US broadcast, this thread has become the de facto single discussion thread.  You just have to scroll back a page or two to see that this thread is being used for the Sky1 broadcasts as much as (if not more than) the Starz broadcast.

Anyway, regardless of that, to post what you had the morning after the US show had broadcast without spoiler warning was still in breach of our spoiler guidelines.  One more of those and it'll be The Pit for you m'lad!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 350
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 27/3/2013 2:04:12 PM   
Timon

Once again, the forum Gods shove cock in arse.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 351
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 6/4/2013 8:39:12 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Just caught up with the latest episode!

We all knew it was going to happen but still

I hope Tiberius gets his, there's no way he could have bested Agron and the only way he took Crixus down was from behind (much like he did with Ceasar!) Fucking little weasel he is!

The guy that plays Ceasar does so really, really well. Probably one of the better actors the show has seen. Don't think I've seen him in anything else but I would imagine he should get quite a bit of work off the back of this.

As long as Gannicus survives....

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 352
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 6/4/2013 10:03:20 AM   
Rgirvan44

Crixius was always leaving his back exposed - throughout the series Spartacus saves him more than once from a spear to the back - indeed it happens in the opening scene of this episode. Once they seperate Sparty no longer has his back in both senses of the word.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 353
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 7/4/2013 12:40:19 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Crixius was always leaving his back exposed - throughout the series Spartacus saves him more than once from a spear to the back - indeed it happens in the opening scene of this episode. Once they seperate Sparty no longer has his back in both senses of the word.

Yeah there was a lot of foreshadowing beforehand that Crixus, while appearing high and mighty was reckless in battle. Finale next week. Kindof looking forward to it, hoping for something very special. Ive not really enjoyed this season as much as the others. It was at its best at the ludus with Batiatus.

What happened to Illythia? I dont remember her dying, does anyone think she might raise her head next week?

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 354
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 7/4/2013 1:04:21 PM   
Deviation

Doubt it, she was left in a position which is as good/bad as being dead.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 355
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 8/4/2013 9:36:56 AM   
Timon

Illythia died after having her baby cut out of her by Lucreita. She is not returning. At all.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 356
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 9/4/2013 11:47:44 PM   
Deviation

On another note...

FUCK YES POMPEY ABOUT TIME

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 357
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 10/4/2013 5:16:05 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Agron is still yet of this world! Yes!

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 358
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 13/4/2013 12:51:08 PM   
paul_ie86

Loved it. All I'll say is watch the end credits.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

Post #: 359
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 14/4/2013 7:50:47 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Agron is still yet of this world! Yes!

X 2! Good work Agron!

But alas, poor Gannicus I really wanted him to make it....

Absolutely awesome finale to such a great show. Loved it.

Yes the end credits were a lovely touch as well, I never realised how many awesome characters there were and how far we'd come from the humble beginnings....

Looking forward to a rewatch already!

Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI