Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 2/4/2012 12:51:10 AM   
beebs_

Dude! LECRECIA!!!!! Too much.

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 301
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 2/4/2012 2:06:12 AM   
Rgirvan44

Was pretty perfect way to go.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 302
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 2/4/2012 9:30:55 AM   
Timon

So about 6 major character deaths... and while it's a shame, they needed to clean the house for Season 3.

Going to miss Ashur particularly, but there's nothing him, Glaber, Lucreia and Lythilla could have done hereonin. Brave moves with Meera and Oneameous though.

Another great finale. Can't wait till next year.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 303
RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast - 2/4/2012 1:52:41 PM   
beebs_

I was just shocked that they killed off all the "bad guys". Ashur... Well the way he was carrying on this season, I knew he had to go. I guess I'm most surprised about the women being killed. Mira at the start was shocking as it was early in the ep and seemingly out of nowhere. But she had gone to prove that Spartacus couldn't really find real love again.

But Lucrecia... Wow. I feel I have to watch all her scenes again from this season! I read a review at the AV Club and it pointed out that the scene when lucercia was looking over the precipice as Illythia approached to push her over was much like stringer Bell and Avon Barksdale's final scene together in the wire. They both knew what they had to do to each other... Is say that I has no clue Lucrecia was so bat shit crazy until I heard the scream off camera during Illythia's labour scene.

Glad that Gannicus survived. He's my favourite!

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 304
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 4/6/2012 4:06:37 PM   
Timon

The next season is to be called 'War of the Damned'.... and it will be its last!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/spartacus-cancelled-ending-final-season-3-war-of-the-damned-starz/

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 305
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 4/6/2012 4:22:56 PM   
Rgirvan44

THE GODS PISS DOWN ON US!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 306
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 21/6/2012 5:47:40 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

The next season is to be called 'War of the Damned'.... and it will be its last!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/spartacus-cancelled-ending-final-season-3-war-of-the-damned-starz/

I think it's the right decision to make it the last season. Hope they go out with a bang!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 307
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 14/7/2012 1:07:26 PM   
Rgirvan44

YEAAHHHHHH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qXoC-DykyM

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 308
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 10/10/2012 11:46:08 PM   
vad3r

Finished Vengeance today. Mind = Blown.

I've never been more animated watching something than I have this show. Pity that Game of Thrones gets all the attention when this is every bit as good.

Can't wait for War of the Damned. If Spartacus or Crixus die I'll be seriously pissed.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 309
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 10/10/2012 11:51:51 PM   
boaby

If Spartacus dies?

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 310
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 12:02:25 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

If Spartacus dies?

I've said many times that faithful adaption does not = quality. Spartacus dying isn't something I want to see after being so emotionally invested in the character, his men and his cause. I'd rather they go out in triumph and burn Rome to ashes. I'm still upset about Oenomaus and even Barca, but Spartacus and especially Crixus falling to the hands of the enemy isn't something I can forgive.
Why not go for an original ending and have Spartacus live? No one would see it coming.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 11/10/2012 12:12:52 AM >

quote:

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 311
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 1:32:54 AM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

If Spartacus dies?

I've said many times that faithful adaption does not = quality. Spartacus dying isn't something I want to see after being so emotionally invested in the character, his men and his cause. I'd rather they go out in triumph and burn Rome to ashes. I'm still upset about Oenomaus and even Barca, but Spartacus and especially Crixus falling to the hands of the enemy isn't something I can forgive.
Why not go for an original ending and have Spartacus live? No one would see it coming.

Huh, I don't know why I will bother..

That would be fine, if it wasn't on the level of stupid of "sending Jews to kill Hitler and succeed" in a straight-faced realistic war drama, claim nobody died in the Titanic disaster or the Holocuast and Lincoln surviving till the end of his presidency. Especially when him dying is as big part of his mythos as is him FIGHTING THE DAMNED ROMANS.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 312
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 1:55:07 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

quote:

If Spartacus dies?

Huh, I don't know why I will bother..

That would be fine, if it wasn't on the level of stupid of "sending Jews to kill Hitler and succeed" in a straight-faced realistic war drama, claim nobody died in the Titanic disaster or the Holocuast and Lincoln surviving till the end of his presidency. Especially when him dying is as big part of his mythos as is him FIGHTING THE DAMNED ROMANS.

I don't want to see him die in battle and let the Romans win. Personal choice.

Do Crixus and Gannicus also die with Spartacus according to history? I hope not.

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 313
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 2:11:45 AM   
Deviation

quote:

I don't want to see him die in battle and let the Romans win. Personal choice.

Then don't watch the series.

quote:

Do Crixus and Gannicus also die with Spartacus according to history? I hope not.

Crixus died before Spartacus after breaking off with his forces. Gannicus dies too.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 314
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 2:31:56 AM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

Crixus died before Spartacus after breaking off with his forces. Gannicus dies too.

Why?? I am emotionally invested in these characters, their brotherhood and cause. So all the heroes keep getting killed then?

I don't know what to say. It's the journey that counts, but the end will haunt me for a lifetime if all three of those characters die within a season. There's been so much bloodshed already.

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 315
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 2:34:41 AM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why?? I am emotionally invested in these characters, their brotherhood and cause. So all the heroes keep getting killed then?

I don't know what to say. It's the journey that counts, but the end will haunt me for a lifetime if all three of those characters die within a season. There's been so much bloodshed already.

Because history says so and the Romans had a much better strategy and a stronger army over-all. Also, they weren't complete nice-guys either.

Why are you even watching this series?

quote:

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 316
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 2:46:44 AM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Because history says so and the Romans had a much better strategy and a stronger army over-all. Also, they weren't complete nice-guys either.

Why are you even watching this series?

The Romans had bigger numbers. Their armies of inexperienced men with little or no training are no match for Spartacus' brotherhood of warriors (as the show has proven).

I watch the series for the same reasons everyone else watches it. I'm not being negative about it, I genuinely love the show.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 11/10/2012 2:55:34 AM >

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 317
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 4:58:45 AM   
Deviation

quote:

The Romans had bigger numbers. Their armies of inexperienced men with little or no training are no match for Spartacus' brotherhood of warriors (as the show has proven).

And the Romans had better equipment and most importantly, strategy. And they were very well trained (but not gladiator -hardcore-trained). These people did not conquer a lot of the known world by being wimps. You're being intentionally stupid aren't you?

quote:

I watch the series for the same reasons everyone else watches it. I'm not being negative about it, I genuinely love the show.

You're acting very odd about it though, you're like the guy who watches Titanic or A Night to Remember and then is very upset when he sees people drowning.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 11/10/2012 4:59:25 AM >

quote:

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 318
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 5:05:13 AM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

You're acting very odd about it though, you're like the guy who watches Titanic or A Night to Remember and then is very upset when he sees people drowning.

I'm all for blood, guts, death, torture etc. It's one of the many things the show does so well. What I don't appreciate is all of the characters dying one by one.

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 319
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 5:08:35 AM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm all for blood, guts, death, torture etc. It's one of the many things the show does so well. What I don't appreciate is all of the characters dying one by one.

And you kept watching it even since the characters dying one-by-one is an important part of the fate of Oenamous, Gannicus, Crixus and Spartacus?

quote:

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 320
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 5:14:05 AM   
vad3r

I'll watch it to the very end, absent death. How many Romans do you reckon those four could chop down in a battle? How would you rank them?

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 321
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 5:15:59 AM   
Deviation

quote:

I'll watch it to the very end, absent death. How many Romans do you reckon those four could chop down in a battle? How would you rank them?

Dunno, it's hard to answer since one is dead and the true badasses have to come into the fray.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 322
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 11/10/2012 5:31:59 AM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

Dunno, it's hard to answer since one is dead and the true badasses have to come into the fray.

I'd bet on Jupiter's cock that they'd manage 50 each in battle before falling. Giving a total of 200 dead Romans by the hands of four men. I would rank them in terms of skill as:

Spartacus
Gannicus
Crixus
Oenamous

Gannicus stood toe-to-toe with Spartacus in their fight in Vengeance and might have bested him if it went on longer. He also slaughtered 20 men (at the same time), in the arena to earn his freedom.
Oenamous has been surpassed by Crixus but he is still the most badass and honourable man the show has ever had. His ''I OWE YOU PAIN'' line to the Egyptian was epic. I was heartbroken to see him fall, but clutched in death by Gannicus was a perfect ending for the Doctore. It was a truly beautiful bromance moment when he forgave Gannicus and called him a brother once again.

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 323
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 3/1/2013 12:41:09 PM   
Timon

Guess what's back on January 25th?

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptX_pjz5s2k

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 324
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 3/1/2013 12:50:22 PM   
Timon

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd bet on Jupiter's cock that they'd manage 50 each in battle before falling. Giving a total of 200 dead Romans by the hands of four men. I would rank them in terms of skill as:

Spartacus
Gannicus
Crixus
Oenamous

Gannicus stood toe-to-toe with Spartacus in their fight in Vengeance and might have bested him if it went on longer. He also slaughtered 20 men (at the same time), in the arena to earn his freedom.
Oenamous has been surpassed by Crixus but he is still the most badass and honourable man the show has ever had. His ''I OWE YOU PAIN'' line to the Egyptian was epic. I was heartbroken to see him fall, but clutched in death by Gannicus was a perfect ending for the Doctore. It was a truly beautiful bromance moment when he forgave Gannicus and called him a brother once again.

Um... you have to realise this is a very stylised show, so while they might very well show Gannicus and co. beating 50 Romans apiece, I'm expecting the gladiators to fall foul of the one thing the Roman army did so very well - cohesion.

Formed tactical units that, working together, will dispatch any one warrior sent against it.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 325
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 3/1/2013 12:51:14 PM   
discodave101

Wooohooooo! Cheers Timon. Can't bloody wait!

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 326
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 3/1/2013 3:09:27 PM   
Zaphod121

Shame it's the final season, I'm sure they'll go out with a bang though.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 327
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 3/1/2013 5:20:36 PM   
Timon

I'm sure they'll 'nail it'....

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 328
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 4/1/2013 10:28:11 AM   
spark1

when is pick tv going to show 'vengence'?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 329
RE: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - 22/1/2013 10:12:36 AM   
Timon

THREE DAYS!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Spartacus: Vengeance - Caesar/Crassus Cast Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI