Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread Page: <<   < prev  56 57 58 59 [60]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 18/7/2013 5:03:51 PM   
sanchia

They are actually not that hot although they do leave a bit of a burn on the tongue and lips.

Aaarghh, my mouth it burns! It burns!

< Message edited by sanchia -- 18/7/2013 5:09:24 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1771
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 22/7/2013 9:32:05 PM   
Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I have been reading up on Ghost Peppers which they flavour the cracking with. I shall try it with trepidation.

It was nice knowing you.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1772
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 22/7/2013 9:55:48 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Valanya

I tried cooking en papillote for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I got a fillet of salmon for each of us, but did them in individual parcels. I decided to do mange tout to go with the salmon, so figured I could cook that in with the salmon to save time.

I used basic baking paper for the wrapping (more info on cooking en papillote here.) Made a bed out of the mange tout and laid the salmon on top, then topped the salmon with finely sliced chili, garlic, ginger and coriander mixed up in a bit of olive oil, with a couple of wedges of line on top. Sealed both salmon fillets up in their parcels and stuck them in the oven for about 15 minutes on 180 degrees.

I forgot to take a picture after they were done, but I served them with a basic tomato salad (seasoned sliced tomatoes, onions and spring onions in olive oil) and french stick to mop up the oil. Delicious

Looks delicious but that's no mange tout! French beans I'd say...If you'd have used mange tout you would've had some rather soggy stringy things...they only need seconds to cook otherwise you lose bite and flavour.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 1773
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 23/7/2013 12:08:08 PM   
Valanya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Looks delicious but that's no mange tout! French beans I'd say...If you'd have used mange tout you would've had some rather soggy stringy things...they only need seconds to cook otherwise you lose bite and flavour.

D'oh! Typo I originally planned to use mange tout but decided against it for those reasons - but obviously had the name stuck in my head! All I remember from picking them up is 'thin beans' (so helpfully packaged) so all I can tell you for certain is that they're definitely a variety of green bean

I made this again last Friday with one or two minor alterations. I used garlic puree this time so it didn't overpower the chili and ginger flavourings, and I put a bit of butter on top of the beans for flavour, extra moisture and to help them stop sticking to the fish. Om nom.

< Message edited by Valanya -- 23/7/2013 12:09:26 PM >

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 1774
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 23/7/2013 5:44:52 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I have been reading up on Ghost Peppers which they flavour the cracking with. I shall try it with trepidation.

It was nice knowing you.

I gave a packet to a chap at work. he told me he was having a Johnny Cash moment last night.

The strange thing is they are incredibly moorish and there are many others to try:

http://www.chilliwizards.co.uk/chilli-snacks-44-c.asp

< Message edited by sanchia -- 23/7/2013 5:51:02 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 1775
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 21/8/2013 2:43:22 PM   
Goodfella

In terms of eating out during troublesome times financially, with the growing epidemic of pub/restaurant chains out there, I have to say it's very difficult to beat a Harvester. I've been away quite a bit recently, weddings, breaks, stag dos etc. and have had quite a few meals at different Harvesters as they are usually the most accessible from motorways or A roads that aren't a KFC or a Burger King, and I think they're very good.

I've always had good food, it's not outstanding, but it's not going to be. But it's always fresh, tasty and well-cooked. I'm a big chicken fan and they do have some great variations, they're very reasonably priced offering package meals that include a side and sauce, whereas in other restaurants you'll pay through the teeth to get a piri-piri sauce with your meal, in terms of what it actually is anyway. The free salad bar is very good as well, without being gimmicky, a nice selection and it seems that in ones I've eaten in it's replenished frequently as things like potatoes and pasta salads can get stale quite quickly. I've always found the service friendly without being overbearing and the restaurants are always clean and nicely set-up. Good environment for the family and they usually have a good selection of beers on too.

They're a rarity these days amongst the conveyor belt of processed, vaccum-packed foods you find in other darkened, over-boozed members of the chain gang, I'm looking at you Wetherspoons!

They've started doing takeaway too and have armed their staff all with i-touchs to send food orders directly to the kitchen, so they must be doing well financially, and it's no surprise given their food and service!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1776
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 5/10/2013 3:43:55 PM   
UTB

Today I am forgoing health by making some chilli cheese fries... home made fries (in the fat fryer...), home made chilli (with a killer recipe, no packet mixes thanks) and oodles of cheese, all washed down with luscious beeeeer.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 1777
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 29/11/2013 3:50:03 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Today I am forgoing health by making some chilli cheese fries... home made fries (in the fat fryer...), home made chilli (with a killer recipe, no packet mixes thanks) and oodles of cheese, all washed down with luscious beeeeer.

I was in the States the end of October and we had a layover for a couple of hours the first thing I'd done once I'd cleared customs was get a portion of chilli cheese fries and a root beer. Mr HQ looked at me with something like disgust.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 1778
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 30/11/2013 10:52:51 AM   
sanchia

Does anyone know if fennel is in season at the moment or obtainable?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 1779
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 3/12/2013 9:01:01 PM   
sanchia

Having realised fennel has a bit of an aniseed flavour to it (which I hate) I have decided to give saffron infused leek a go instead.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1780
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 12/12/2013 1:18:29 AM   
King of Kafiristan

(in reply to OddCinema)
Post #: 1781
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 14/12/2013 11:34:23 AM   
sanchia

The experiment this week is going to be sweet potato and mushroom on a bed of quinoa.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 1782
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 15/12/2013 8:44:22 AM   
sanchia

It was lovely.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1783
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 26/1/2014 6:32:23 PM   
sanchia

I made a quinoa pilaf yesterday. It was lovely. Quinoa is a great discovery for me.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1784
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/7/2014 4:55:45 PM   
gazpop

I am eating a lot of chicken, bacon and salad sandwiches. Recently I mean, As in more than I was. But that's cos they are so nommers and aslo cos I am going through a huge 'dressing' phase. Not like that though.

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1785
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/7/2014 6:07:12 PM   
sanchia

I made a couscous stuffed tomato a couple of weeks ago, it was gorgeous. I am actually eating quite a lot of vegetarian recipes at the moment as my girlfriend is vegetarian (and also lactose intolerant which wipes quite a few vegetarian recipes off the slate straight off). They are surprisingly tasty and most are really easy to make which was a surprise.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 1786
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 12/7/2014 5:38:31 PM   
gazpop

Quorn is a lot tastier than you might think. My ex is a veggie so we used to eat a lot of cheese and eggs. No bad thing......
Lots of curries and stir-frys too!

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1787
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 13/8/2014 12:41:29 PM   
hozay

I heard this recipe on the radio on the way home and gave it a go. Worked a treat and too easy.

8 Chicken drumsticks - rub with salt and pepper
100gram pitted Kalamata Olives
about a tbspn mini capers - wash well and towel dry.
2-3 cloves of garlic - slice thinly
2 tspns dried rosemary
2-3 tbspn Olive Oil.

Brush a deep baking dish with olive oil.
Put chicken, olives, capers and garlic in dish.
Drizzle olive oil over it all then sprinkle rosemary on top.

Bake 60 minutes on 180, turning chicken after 30mins. That's it.

You can throw in some veges if you want, zucchinis or thin sliced potato or whatever but it was perfect just done as above. I served it with short grain rice and a side salad with home made Italian - ish dressing ( olive oil, white vinegar, little squeeze of fresh lemon juice, cracked black pepper ).

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 1788
Page:   <<   < prev  56 57 58 59 [60]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread Page: <<   < prev  56 57 58 59 [60]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI