Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 25/2/2010 8:38:56 AM   
borstal

I cooked a loin of pork on Tuesday and decided I really, really do love it. Its always so soft and juicy and soaks up other flavours well. I coated it in a bit of English mustard some leftover tub of mixed herbs and seasoned it. Then popped it in some tinfoil with a bit of lemon juice and a couple of cloves of garlic, wrapped it up and stuck it in the oven.

Nom nom

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 61
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 25/2/2010 3:42:25 PM   
steflon

I HAVE COCO POPS

www.twitter.com/Steflon
http://onedayiwillhavehenchmen.blogspot.com/

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols
we can roam these vast Empire halls as awesome Stefs.

ORIGINAL: hiptobesquare_x
'and that's why Steflon is all kinds of awesome.'

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 62
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 25/2/2010 3:45:20 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: steflon

I HAVE COCO POPS

OH GOOOOD FOR YOU! /christianbale.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to steflon)
Post #: 63
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 27/2/2010 10:59:50 PM   
maffew

i made a vegetable soup with porridge oats in.. it was wicked! Who'd have thought? Kind of like a risotto.

"Now i don't know much about security lighting, but i'm guessing they'll be using 180-degree dispersing halogens with motion sensors"

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 64
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 27/2/2010 11:45:59 PM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

Saag and makki di roti, with lots of butter on both. The ultimate comfort food.

I always think cooked spinach is slimy so it puts me off.

You can't beat a daal though. That or butter chicken.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 65
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 28/2/2010 4:59:16 AM   
Hood_Man

I'm currently eating a grilled chicken, cheese and salad cream bagel (2 actually), with the chicken flavoured with garlic, black pepper, salt, chili powder, cumin and oregano.

And it taste bloody lovely. A George Foreman grill is one of the best investments I've ever made!

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 66
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/3/2010 3:14:22 AM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

Saag and makki di roti, with lots of butter on both.  The ultimate comfort food. 

I always think cooked spinach is slimy so it puts me off.

You can't beat a daal though. That or butter chicken.

Most restuarants dont know how to cook saag and it turns out slimy and horrible.  I'm not even going to pretend to know how to make saag (my nan makes it and every other Indian dish under the sun, but she considers this the hardest thing to make).  However, some things I do know: you need to finely chop the all the ingredients and cook them overnight, my nan also adds mustard leaves, add lots of green chillies/coriander/garlic/ginger.  If it is made properly then there shouldnt be large lumps, the consistency can vary (I like mine slightly runny) and you should be able to taste the green chillies. 

The stuff they sell at Indian restuarants is terrible compared to home-cooked Indian food (I know I'm biased, but I still havent been to a restuarant in England that makes saag better than my nan). 

You are right about daal too, tis awesome with paratha, had it just last night

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 67
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/3/2010 8:34:44 AM   
borstal

Whats your Nan's naan like?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 68
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/3/2010 11:37:57 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Couple of places in Leicester that do an excellent Lamb Saag. It's simply the best curry going.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 69
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/3/2010 12:20:38 PM   
Beno

Just made some Bubble n Sqeack from Sundays leftovers ..... i will be fat .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 70
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/3/2010 12:52:14 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Whats your Nan's naan like?

So-so.  Unfortunately we dont have a tandoor so we are generally treated to naan in the summer when we can get a BBQ going.  For the most part we have roti or paratha, which is better imo because its less filling. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 71
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/3/2010 5:10:23 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Can anyone help me with using fresh tomatoes in a pasta sauce? I usually use tinned tomatoes as they have some acid regulator in them that makes them nice. Can someone talk me through the process of deacidifying the regular ones, because I've tried removing the seeds and adding sugar and I still don't have that much success. Should they be pre-cooked? Is there something else I'm missing or am I going down the right path but haven't turned my torch on, or brought any wellies?

Reason why, tinned tomatoes cost a bomb in Taiwan, fresh ones are as cheap as chips. Well cheaper than chips even. That said the tinned ones aren't exactly a bomb, more like 1.50 a tin. which probably wouldn't buy you a bomb in many places. Althought on Rhyl highstreet you use to be able to get 8 lighters for 1.

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 72
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 7/3/2010 3:27:15 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

really? Oh Kilo you're such a flirt, ha ha. Want to watch me on my webcam take my clothes off?

horribleives

Post #: 73
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 7/3/2010 3:53:01 AM   
ilovebeerme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

Can anyone help me with using fresh tomatoes in a pasta sauce? I usually use tinned tomatoes as they have some acid regulator in them that makes them nice. Can someone talk me through the process of deacidifying the regular ones, because I've tried removing the seeds and adding sugar and I still don't have that much success. Should they be pre-cooked? Is there something else I'm missing or am I going down the right path but haven't turned my torch on, or brought any wellies?

Reason why, tinned tomatoes cost a bomb in Taiwan, fresh ones are as cheap as chips. Well cheaper than chips even. That said the tinned ones aren't exactly a bomb, more like 1.50 a tin. which probably wouldn't buy you a bomb in many places. Althought on Rhyl highstreet you use to be able to get 8 lighters for 1.

Roast them first. Bit of oil in a roasting dish, half the tomatoes and cut out the stalk bits and then roast them for half an hour or so until the go all smooshy. I sometimes roast them with other herbs or a bit of onion and garlic. Whatever really.

When they are roasted squash them through a sieve into a saucepan. Then heat the tomatoes in the saucepan to reduce things a bit. You can make ketchup the same way if you add a bit of sugar and some vinegar.

Like food and wine? Come join the conversation at http://kitchendecanted.com/

Latest post - Chicken with Thai basil and chili

Post #: 74
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 9/3/2010 12:02:50 PM   
the anomaly

Bincho offers authentic yakitori and kushiyaki ...

INDEED ... Hmmmmm BBQ'd Eel ... + hot sake ... FTW! Went to Bincho one of my favourite restuarants ... it was awesome as always.

(in reply to ilovebeerme)
Post #: 75
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 9/3/2010 2:56:41 PM   
TheClosetMonkey

Had an amazing Nacho lunch at a bar today, man they were good...

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 76
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 9/3/2010 2:58:09 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Could go for some tacos about now, just saw some pictures.

horribleives

(in reply to TheClosetMonkey)
Post #: 77
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 29/3/2010 5:12:02 PM   
pedros

Anyone got a good tried and tested spinach and canneloni recipe? All the ones I've found on the interweb seem quite different so I'm not sure which to go for.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

Post #: 78
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 30/3/2010 2:23:27 PM   
princessa

I try to have a variety of breakfasts...today i had pancakes.

As for my favourite foods:

Jerk chicken rice and peas
Southern fried chicken
Chips
Chocolate
Mangoes

(in reply to chod burger)
Post #: 79
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 30/3/2010 6:35:45 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

Right beef tomatos, you know the big ones? You need to gut them i.e. only have the outer shell left, everything else will acid you down. Cut them thin pop them into what you are making add a decent amount of red wine and a teaspoon of sugar and you're cooking. Got it about right not.

Thanks for you help beer, but I have no oven.

horribleives

Post #: 80
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 30/3/2010 6:36:48 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

ORIGINAL: princessa

I try to have a variety of breakfasts...today i had pancakes.

As for my favourite foods:

Jerk chicken rice and peas
Southern fried chicken
Chips
Chocolate
Mangoes

Okay give us a recepie or something then. It's approaching mango season here and people are starting to salivate.

horribleives

(in reply to princessa)
Post #: 81
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/4/2010 3:08:17 AM   
ilovebeerme

quote:

quote:

Right beef tomatos, you know the big ones? You need to gut them i.e. only have the outer shell left, everything else will acid you down. Cut them thin pop them into what you are making add a decent amount of red wine and a teaspoon of sugar and you're cooking. Got it about right not.

Thanks for you help beer, but I have no oven.

No oven makes it tricky .

I'm in the middle of preparing a bbq for this evening.

Making beef burgers, lamb souvlaki and roasted/bbq'd pork belly. Served up with all the usual salad type stuff and tzatziki, houmus etc. Yum.

Post #: 82
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/4/2010 3:21:58 PM   
ilovebeerme

That was a triumphant fucking bbq

Post #: 83
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/4/2010 3:29:28 PM   
talpacino

http://www.amazon.com/Cookin-Coolio-Star-Meals-Price/dp/1439117616

A must own for all you food lovers!

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 84
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/4/2010 3:36:11 PM   
ilovebeerme

Nobody like to remember Gangster Paradise, but that's just uncalled for.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 85
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/4/2010 3:48:07 PM   
Chief

I had two Zinger Tower burgers from KFC and I feel ill.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 86
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/4/2010 3:49:10 PM   
Skiba

Just picked up a dozen Scotch Bonnets from the market...impossible to get where I live so had to make a trip to Borough.  Going to make a big batch of Jerk marinade for this weekend to have on Sunday and going get some chicken thighs and pork chops to stick it on

Also got a selection of really good cheeses too including Cornish Yarg, Shropshire blue and a couple of different cheddars. 

Cheese is one of my biggest weaknesses and I've yet to try a cheese that I don't like but I have to say that I find it hard to beat a really good cheddar.  My favorite is from a deli in Wimbledon from Wales which comes in wax and it is truly remarkable

So my question to you guys is: what's your favourite cheese?  Which do you avoid?

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 87
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/4/2010 3:58:11 PM   
ilovebeerme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

So my question to you guys is: what's your favourite cheese? Which do you avoid?

One of the main brands of cheese in Oz is called 'Coon'. I tend to avoid that. Donkey raping shit eaters.

If it's bright fucking orange then it's not cheddar, how about that as a start. Also, Edam is the cheese equivalent of fucking a blow up doll with crabs. Don't do it.

If you live in Edinburgh then go to Mellis cheese shop on Victoria Street or down Stockbridge way. If you don't live in Edinburgh then I don't have a fucking clue, go find a decent cheesemonger yourself you lazy shit,

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 88
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/4/2010 4:03:35 PM   
Chief

I'm quite partial to a nice bit of Jarlsberg.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 89
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 1/4/2010 4:31:10 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovebeerme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

So my question to you guys is: what's your favourite cheese?  Which do you avoid?

One of the main brands of cheese in Oz is called 'Coon'. I tend to avoid that. Donkey raping shit eaters.

If it's bright fucking orange then it's not cheddar, how about that as a start. Also, Edam is the cheese equivalent of fucking a blow up doll with crabs. Don't do it.

If you live in Edinburgh then go to Mellis cheese shop on Victoria Street or down Stockbridge way. If you don't live in Edinburgh then I don't have a fucking clue, go find a decent cheesemonger yourself you lazy shit,

Bit harsh...was only asking!

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI