Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 29/1/2010 11:11:43 AM   
BishopQuaker

I'm not a massive fan of that sauce to be honest, but I might have to try it on a variety of things to see if it works.

Also it's quite thin so don't upend the bottle like I did once.

Burger Fail.

(in reply to chod burger)
Post #: 31
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 29/1/2010 12:23:59 PM   
chod burger

I actually find it best with fish and veg - I could probably eat a massive bowl of peas just drowned in the stuff!

(in reply to BishopQuaker)
Post #: 32
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 31/1/2010 1:35:25 AM   
ilovebeerme

Sometimes it's the simplest things that can be absolutely incredible.

Yesterday I went to the deli near by to pick up some lunch. I made a bee line for the cheese room and got chatting to the cheese guy who recommended a three year aged Quickies cheddar. NOw cheddar over here is a treat because generic Australian cheese, which, I shit you not, comes in the varieties 'tasty' and 'bitey', is inedible yellow cow leavings. It's not cheese. This Quickies stuff was cheese. It set me back $25 but I figured it was a n investment and you have to treat yourself sometimes. From there it was a simple task to pick up one of their home made pork pies, a huge pink lady apple, some hot english mustard and a jar of pickled onions called 'Bum Hummers' - '1000 farts per jar guaranteed!' . Quick stop at the Vietnamese bakery on the way home and the feast was complete.

It was honestly the best lunch I've had for months. This beautiful cheese and pie served up with spicy pickled onions, Branston (of course), hot mustard and a fresh chunk of sour dough. Stick a local micro brewed ale on the side and I was pretty much in heaven.

English cheddar is one of the finest foods on this planet and it should be praised as highly as any other gourmet food I can think of. So good was it that I'm off to make it again.

Like food and wine? Come join the conversation at http://kitchendecanted.com/

Latest post - Chicken with Thai basil and chili

Post #: 33
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 31/1/2010 1:15:23 PM   
Harley Quinn

That sounds gorgeous!

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to ilovebeerme)
Post #: 34
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 31/1/2010 6:36:24 PM   
BishopQuaker

I had a large roast beef dinner at Spoons today with two pints of Eden from Elland Brewery.

I was phenomenally full

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 35
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 2/2/2010 5:20:10 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

All you can eat and drink Korean BBQ, basically a selection of marinated meats that you can cook at your table over charcoal with lots of local beer. You also get lots of kumkee rice and other weird things that taste good. Man I love Asia. If only it was closer to Italy, but then I would be as fat as a mat who had eaten a rat with a hat, which is to say very fat indeed.

I'm not missing sheperds pie or spaghetti carbonara. You can't make me say that I am because I'm not.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

Post #: 36
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 2/2/2010 5:21:33 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

No roast dinners either. Or Fish and chips, but fish and chips have to come from a good chippy anyway, there are only 2 I trust in the whole of leicestershire.

My mum also cooks the best meat pie in the world.

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 37
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 2/2/2010 5:24:59 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Oh and I haven't had any cheese in a month.

horribleives

Post #: 38
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 3/2/2010 11:29:01 AM   
BishopQuaker

Birthday cake in the office.

Awesome.

Post #: 39
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 8/2/2010 4:28:26 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Stinky Tofu, you wouldn't believe it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinky_tofu

horribleives

Post #: 40
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 9/2/2010 11:03:09 AM   
shool

Tofu is the devils food.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 41
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 9/2/2010 5:55:04 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

Tofu is the devils food.

I've seen them do it man, they fucking drown it in that shit.

horribleives

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 42
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 11/2/2010 12:31:52 PM   
Beno

Im Housesitting my mates today cos he's having carpets fitted and he's at work and he told me to help myself to some lunch ..........

..... in his Fridge is : a tub of I Cant Belive its not Butter , some Weight Watchers Bacon ? , a can of Carlsberg and the smallest piece of Cheese i have ever seen .

....... in his Cupboards are : some Ainsley Harriet Cup a Soup thingys , some Monster Munch and a tin of Ravioli , oh and millions of Tea Bags but no Milk in Fridge ...... oh wait half a loaf of Bread .

Monster Munch sandwich and Cup a Soup then .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 43
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 11/2/2010 1:24:19 PM   
shool

Bacon sandwich and Beer surely... Oh wait you were kidding.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 44
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 11/2/2010 2:08:04 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

Bacon sandwich and Beer surely... Oh wait you were kidding.

It took someone an hour , though i had the monster munch too .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 45
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 11/2/2010 2:33:56 PM   
JessFranco

I picked up some banana ketchup in the West Indian food section of Sainsbury's last week. It makes an interesting alternative to tomato and does a small amount to help the economy of St Lucia at the same time. It's slightly sweeter than the tomato variety but still works well with a range of savoury foods.

Apparently it's huge in the Philippines.

Even the French know better than to fuck with me

http://closer-to-perfection.tumblr.com/

Post #: 46
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 11/2/2010 3:38:32 PM   
BishopQuaker

We found a freak Jammie Dodger today.
It was like the bottom of a jammy dodger used as a top.

We cut it in half and shared the freak.

Nom.

Blimey, reading that back, makes it sound rather alarming!

(in reply to JessFranco)
Post #: 47
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 11/2/2010 4:17:44 PM   
Glider Boy

Breakfast of champions.....had in the flying saucer in Niagra Falls on honeymoon a couple of years ago....simply awesome........what do you mean cholesterol????

...it's like trying to teach bears about heaven.

Post #: 48
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 12/2/2010 2:10:29 PM   
UTB

I'm currently eating home made (by me) pea and ham soup.

500g boiling bacon
700g frozen peas
2 onions
1 carrot
1.5 litres water
5g butter
1 Veg stock cube

1. Place the bacon joint in a large saucepan and cover with water, bring to boil, remove white froth from the top and simmer for 40-50 minutes, don't throw the water away once it's cooked.
2. Chop the carrots and onions and sautee in the butter until the onions are soft.
3. Chop up the ham (amount you add depends on how hammy you want it, I usually add half and save the rest for sarnies)
4. Add the leftover water (which is now bacon stock) from boiling the ham, and add the extra water to top up to a full saucepan.
5. Add the peas, stir in the veg stock cube and simmer until the carrots are soft.
6. Pulse the lot to the consistency you want it, and then fuggin eat it!

Pure hammy, peeey goodness. Cheap, quick and tasty. The above should make about 5 400ml servings which can be frozen!

< Message edited by UTB -- 12/2/2010 2:11:33 PM >

(in reply to Glider Boy)
Post #: 49
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 20/2/2010 7:59:36 AM   
ilovebeerme

Roast rib of beef with roasted onions stuffed with porcini, parmesan and cream and green beans, followed by blueberry trifle with homemade custard and washed down with an '05 Propiedad.

Gonna be good.....if the onions work, never done them before.

Like food and wine? Come join the conversation at http://kitchendecanted.com/

Latest post - Chicken with Thai basil and chili

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 50
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 21/2/2010 7:27:19 PM   
Skiba

Got a lamb stew on the go at the moment using the neck with red wine, rosemary and thyme...be ready at 8pm and am bloody hungry!   Can't decide whether to do wedges or mash...

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to ilovebeerme)
Post #: 51
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 21/2/2010 7:49:18 PM   
Amelie_Scotland

I'm making tacos for swordsandsandals tonight and no doubt he'll be helping himself to the chicken noodle soup I made yesterday.

I'm clean, I'm conscientious and I travel with my own tits.

You may not be able to change the world, but at least you can embarrass the guilty.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 52
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 24/2/2010 2:28:46 PM   
Beno

Why does Tiramisu go soggy in the fridge ......... make it stoooooop

(in reply to Amelie_Scotland)
Post #: 53
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 25/2/2010 12:12:40 AM   
SWOTBM

Saag and makki di roti, with lots of butter on both.  The ultimate comfort food. 

< Message edited by SWOTBM -- 25/2/2010 12:30:25 AM >

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 54
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 25/2/2010 12:20:51 AM   
Sway

Steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak and a side order of steak.  (fillet, of course...)

Usually served with Diane sauce and trimmings like mushrooms and potatoes or chips.  Or even onion rings.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 55
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 25/2/2010 12:40:35 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak and a side order of steak.  (fillet, of course...)

Usually served with Diane sauce and trimmings like mushrooms and potatoes or chips.  Or even onion rings.

How do you like your steak?

I like it to moo when I stab it.
I like it such that a good vet can bring it back to life.
Just slap it on the arse and send it in.

I think when I get paid on Friday I shall celebrate with a nice steak and a bottle of red.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 56
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 25/2/2010 1:00:22 AM   
Sway

I'll be honest with you Homer.    The story of me and steak is one of evolution.

First time I ever had steak was when I was fairly young.  My folks really weren't sure if I'd like it (I used to be a picky eater, pahahaha, look at me now!) so they ordered it well done for me.  And I loved it.   So, for years afterwards whenever a waiter/waitress asked how I'd like it done, I used to just reply with 'well done', parrot fashion.  Not quite knowing that I was BUTCHERING THE BEST BLOODY SLICE OF MEAT I'LL EVER HAVE. (no intended inyourendos there thanks).

Then I realised I had my own brain... and good taste buds, and if I'd wanted a burger, I'd have asked for a burger.  Or a wellyboot.   So I have happily been asking for 'mediums' ever since, being not quite into the 'bloody' look.

However, that was until a month ago when I was in Sinagpore and at a 6 course dinner and forced to eat the ONE type of food I don't like... Seafood.  Not just any old seafood, but a basket of raw fish for the starting course (a form of sushi obviously), followed by lobster soup, crab salad, red snapper and THEN, out of nowhere appears this Aberdeen Angus fillet steak appears.... as if sent from the heavens.  And it was clearly medium-rare which I wasn't so sure about, but when my knife cut through that tender, juicy, bloody piece of meat and a chunk just fell away so tenderly, I knew I was a reformed girl.

Who knows... next time we have this conversation I might be eating steak tartare.....

< Message edited by Sway -- 25/2/2010 1:02:31 AM >

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 57
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 25/2/2010 1:08:51 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Dammit girl, you're making me feel hungry. At 1am. Where can I get a steak at this hour?!

Also, seafood - it's like, the best. Ever.

Well, except a good steak.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 58
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 25/2/2010 1:18:45 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Dammit girl, you're making me feel hungry. At 1am. Where can I get a steak at this hour?!

Also, seafood - it's like, the best. Ever.

Well, except a good steak.

I had to settle for toast and hummous after reading this thread!

Seafood is the final frontier for me, if you will.   Up until 2 years ago it was always seafood and Chinese food that I didn't like.   Travelling in China soon sorted out the latter!   And then last year I made progress with seafood and now love mussels and prawns.   The rest?  No can do.  I've tried so hard.

Before we went for this meal in Singapore I asked my sis-in-law a little about it, since I knew it was a 6 course deal.  One of my bro's friends was paying for the whole shebang and we were going to have our own room and waiter in this big fancy restaurant... She told me that last time they had a chef come to them and ask what they didn't like, and he'd work around that.  I said, 'Phew, because I'll tell him the one food I really can't eat is seafood....'

Can you imagine my horror when the very first course comes out and it's raw fish!   I mean, it wasn't your typical wee sushi rolls, it was just big slabs of fish not wrapped in anything. 

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 59
RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread - 25/2/2010 1:22:10 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Gawd, when I get a Chinese (and there's an award winning Chinese restaurant that does takeaway 3 mins walk from my flat, so it happens a lot) I almost always go for a seafood dish. Usually king prawns. With 'seaweed', which I know is scallops, but is still lovely.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Nomnomnom - The Food Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI