Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 28/6/2012 11:54:33 AM   
Qwerty Norris

A step closer to a place in the first division, or is this all a bit premature?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18625293?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to London Calling)
Post #: 841
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 29/6/2012 6:00:55 PM   
emogeek

Surely the best solution?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/rangers-to-become-a-pub-team-2012062932480

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 842
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 3/7/2012 10:59:16 PM   
ChickMagnet

Sweet Cream on an Ice-Cream Sundae

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18699838

If they get away with this, then the SPL are proving how corrupt they are

Post #: 843
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 3/7/2012 11:36:31 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Interestingly enough, that 16 million hole is the exact same figure Doncaster came up with when he tried to dispel the wishes of a 16 team league. To me, this is bullying tactics - even the Raith chairman has come out saying that.

I have a sickening feeling they'll adjourn the decision tomorrow.

If they do, there is no way the season can start in August.

Or for that matter, that anyone should bother continuing to watch scottish football.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 844
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 3/7/2012 11:58:17 PM   
boaby

It's only the fans badgering their clubs preventing the end of Scottish professional football as a sport.

The utter drivel spewed forth by the overwhelming majority of those with access to or jobs in the MSM is staggering.

I cannot be phucked with this nonsense for much longer.

The point is approaching where it ceases to be worth fighting. Just let the whole rotten, bloated mass die its pathetic death and have done with it.

< Message edited by boaby -- 4/7/2012 12:00:06 AM >

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

Post #: 845
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 1:34:22 PM   
Qwerty Norris

If the vote is delayed today the agenda changes. It's no longer a case of "if Rangers are allowed back in, I won't be back". It should now be "if the SPL continue to operate, I wont be back."

Their inception is single-handily the worst thing to ever happen to scottish football. Under their tenure , We have recklessly lurched from one unstable television contract to another - yet that instability is prioritised at the expense of the supporter on a consistent basis. we have implemented ludicrous stadium rules that have pushed clubs to extinction (Airdrie) or denied others to compete (Falkirk). We've had a continuous pattern of financial instability from clubs, yet no lessons ever seem to have been learnt from a Motherwell, a Dundee, a Livingston or a Gretna. But worst of all, we've decimated the standard of football & pushed the average fan away from the game to the extent that every club now is down to their hardcore support.

With their constant dithering over this issue, there is no way the season can start as scheduled. How can you expect Dundee or Dunfermline to prepare for top flight football in only a fortnight? Hell, how can you even expect the newco to become a proper football club in a fortnight? This whole incident has shown up the SPL as what many people already suspected - an incompetent group of administrators solely motivated by self interest & are astonishingly out of touch with their customers. As long as these individuals remain in place, there will be no future for the professional game in this country.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 846
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 2:18:44 PM   
Rgirvan44

You will all be happy to note they voted no.

Looking forward to all the positive comm...oh wait it's the Scottish football thread.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 847
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 2:30:20 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Looking forward to all the positive comm...oh wait it's the Scottish football thread.

FIFA should have a "football before money" stash of cash and give the Scottish teams 16M if Rangers Newco get booted down to the lowest league. **FIFA & football before money"... that just doesn't sound right, does it**

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 848
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 2:37:48 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Relieved yes. Happy? Not exactly.

Scottish football is about to face some very tough times ahead, but at least it's got some of its credibility back - even if it took far too long to straighten out.

That said, that position will be rescinded if they're parachuted into division 1.

But at least it's a step forward.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 849
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 2:46:10 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Apparently 10 voted no, 1 voted yes & another abstained.

I'm willing to bet everyone's mortgage that the 2 in question were Killie & Celtic.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 850
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 2:50:18 PM   
boaby

Good news. SPL clubs tell Doncaster to do one. 1 hour before the vote Doncaster says there'll be no vote. Muppet.

1 hour before the vote Doncaster says 6 SPL clubs would face admin without Sevco. "Overwhelming majoirty" of SPL clubs, including what must be most of the turkeys, vote for Xmas.

Now to get rid of the Donkeymaster.

Now for the SFL clubs to hold their nerve. Raith, Clyde, Morton, Peterhead, Stranraer, Partick Thistle, Dunfermline... etc and et al. Tell the bullies and the bigots and the sycophants and the spineless to phuck off.

Hope lingers.

Meanwhile AFC have signed, finally, Johnny Hayes from ICT and some diddy fringe player released by Celtic. Attacking plaaaaaaars. Woo Hoo.

Also, Ian Black has "signed for Rangers"... how much of a mentalist do you have to be to even listen to an agent suggesting such a move?

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

Post #: 851
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 2:51:36 PM   
boaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

I'm willing to bet everyone's mortgage that the 2 in question were Killie & Celtic.

Rangerrs old co., represented in the metting by Charles Green, had a vote.  That's the yes. Celtic will have abstained if their silence on the subject to date has been any guide.

Post #: 852
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 2:56:48 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

quote:

Rangerrs old co., represented in the metting by Charles Green, had a vote.  That's the yes. Celtic will have abstained if their silence on the subject to date has been any guide.

Good point.

Sorry lads, you've all lost your houses.

And yep, Doncaster must resign - his position is "not viable."

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 853
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 4:35:50 PM   
Spaldron

This is the only part of Scottish football I've ever found interesting.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 854
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 5:09:30 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

This is the only part of Scottish football I've ever found interesting.

And that my friend is the genuine tragedy of it all & why things must change as a result.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 855
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 6:26:26 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

I'd take that bet, as Killie were the ones who abstained, Celtic told em were to go, it was Rangers that voted yes to keep themselves in the SPL

Post #: 856
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 7:27:38 PM   
London Calling

Celtic voted no, I don't think the majority of the Celtic support ever had any doubt that would be the case.

Kilmarnock fans seem to be absolutely fuming with their chairman.

Good few SFL clubs reiterating that they're not up for newco in Div 1.

The Channel 4 guy Alex Thomson says the SPL clubs expected humility and contrition from Green and McCoist today and got neither.

Doncaster absolutely must go, along with whoever has been in this with him. He's not been driving this nonsense alone.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 857
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 4/7/2012 11:01:54 PM   
boaby

That Killie bloke is an idiot.

I'm gonna paste a frankly unbelievable interview with Regan in the Scotsman:

“Without Rangers, there is social unrest and a big problem for Scottish society,” claimed Regan. “They have a huge fan base and to contemplate the situation where those fans don’t have a team to support, where those fans are effectively left without a game to follow, I just think that could lead to all sorts of issues, all sorts of problems for the game.

“Tribalism in football is really important. It is part of the game. People follow their clubs with pride, it is passed down from generation to generation. There are thousands of Rangers fans whose fathers and parents and grandfathers have been Rangers fans. You can’t contemplate a situation without that and if Rangers weren’t to exist that could have real dire consequences.

“There is a lot of emotion around this subject because Rangers are a huge institution in Scottish football history and they are where they are. Their fans have been hurt, they don’t know what’s happening. There hasn’t been a great deal of leadership at the club and there hasn’t been a huge amount of communication from the football authorities.

“The SPL have now decided that Rangers won’t be coming back into the SPL. From our perspective it’s important we set out the landscape because there is only one solution for the game now.

“The only solution for the game now is that Rangers come into the Scottish Football League and they come into it in the First Division. If Rangers were to go anywhere other than the First Division, then there would something in the region of £15.7 million worth of losses to the game.

“For the bigger clubs at the top of the league, that’s half their annual distributions. For clubs at the bottom it is basically wiping out their entire distributions, for some of the smaller clubs it’s a huge proportion of their annual turnover.

“The same will be true for most clubs. Perhaps clubs could survive for a short period of time but it’s not sustainable. Even if Rangers end up in the First Division, there is still going to be a £5 million loss of income to the SPL clubs. The game is not sustainable so there would be a slow lingering death for the game in Scotland. It would then trickle down to the SFL. From our perspective as the governing body and we cannot allow that to happen.

“If we allowed that to happen, it would simply be a dereliction of duty. Therefore, this whole decision-making process has been one of the most challenging and complex decisions that I have ever been involved in in 27 years of business as sport.

“Some clubs in the SFL are afraid of the implications of the decisions. There is the moral argument, the fear of a fans’ backlash and there are financial implications to consider. But when we look at the alternative, it is not possible to think about it without thinking of the game withering on the vine. We cannot contemplate that and the message has to be that Division One for Rangers is the only show in town as far as the future of Scottish football is concerned.”

SOCIAL UNREST? A day of tabloid "Armageddon" and 6 clubs facing the wall and the GDP of a small nation being lost to "the game" and all sorts of other phuckwittery followed by the chief exec of the SFA predicting "social unrest" if Sevco are denied entry to SFL 1.

He needs sacking pronto.

Post #: 858
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 5/7/2012 12:51:41 AM   
Spaldron

^ He comes across like a right fucktard, wouldn't surprise me if he was in their pockets.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 859
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 6/7/2012 1:10:40 PM   
London Calling

The presentation Sevco gave to the SPL chairmen. Glad they were taking it so seriously.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9379754/Rangers-in-crisis-Friday-the-13th-could-be-particularly-unlucky-for-Ibrox-newco.html

Also explain why Charles Green said they wouldn't be making representations to the SFL clubs

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 860
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 7/7/2012 10:35:35 AM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daily Telegraph

“It was also more than unfortunate that they were open at the page which referred to the voluntary transfer embargo when somebody got an alert on their Blackberry to say that Ian Black had announced he would sign for Rangers if they were accepted into the SPL.”

You've got to laugh, caught out in their own lies, right in the middle of trying to beg foregiveness

Post #: 861
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 7/7/2012 1:27:34 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

SOCIAL UNREST? A day of tabloid "Armageddon" and 6 clubs facing the wall and the GDP of a small nation being lost to "the game" and all sorts of other phuckwittery followed by the chief exec of the SFA predicting "social unrest" if Sevco are denied entry to SFL 1.

He needs sacking pronto.

Absolutely. There is no hope for the game here if the supposed leaders are indulging in such hysterical dribble.

What is becoming more apparent too is that if they parachute into division 1, we will pass on the once in a life time opportunity to restructure the game we all know it badly needs.

But yet again, it's ALL about the short term....and I'm sick of it.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 862
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 12/7/2012 1:52:28 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Well, with D-Day fast approaching, an excellent blog post from Rangerstaxcase that depicts just what's at stake tomorrow.

It is roughly seventeen months since this project started. Despite all of the revelations from this blog, and from other ‘new media’ outlets, little has changed in the world of Scottish football. This might seem a strange claim given that the largest football club in the country has become insolvent and now sits on corporate death-row awaiting its execution. However, the major institutions that feed on the blood of Scottish football fans: the SFA; the SPL; and the newspapers- appear to have learned little from events in this time.

They still believe that the people who pay their wages are imbeciles. They still dish out fatuous lies and peddle disinformation as if Sir David Murray was still in his heyday. The hysterical exaggerations and tales of impending financial doom should be transparent to the businessmen who fill most of the Chairman roles at Scottish football clubs. Anyone with even a few minutes of business experience will see through the lies of the Scottish football establishment. These scare stories are not the issue. It is the dangling of long requested changes in the structure of the Scottish game that will present clubs from both the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League with a dilemma.

From their public statements, it is clear that the driving forces behind this attempt at league-rigging are SFA Chief Executive Stewart Regan and SPL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster. Despite being paid to promote the Scottish game, they have spent recent weeks trying to convince advertisers and TV companies that their product is worthless without someone representing Rangers’ legacy playing in the SFL1 next season. It is as if Sevco Ltd was a panacea and that this new club will be guaranteed promotion to the SPL within a single season.

Let us be in no doubt. Scottish football faces a period of turmoil and some financial belt-tightening regardless of what happens in any of the upcoming votes. (If Servco Ltd are forced to start in SFL3, the nattering nabobs of the mainstream Scottish sports press will doubtless blame every player transfer and setback on ‘internet bampots’ and shortsighted fans of so-called ‘diddy teams’). The Scottish game became unsustainable and unhealthily unbalanced towards just two clubs. In an era when it is easy to watch the best football from every country all week long, we need to extract the cancers that have been devouring our game for over twenty years rather than battling to preserve them. Among the assorted symptoms of the illness facing our game are:

Scottish football has failed to develop a single stand-out talent since the early 1980s

Scottish football has been spending more than it takes in for far too long

Scottish football has fallen far behind global standards in the quality of entertainment it offers

Scottish football had become dull and uninteresting for all but the fans of the two clubs that could entertain thoughts of ever winning the league.

There is a now a golden opportunity for creative minds to remake the game. Instead, we have intellectual pygmies telling us that everything in Scottish football is fantastic and must be saved at all costs. What is worth saving? Declining attendances? A terrible set of TV contracts that do not realise the full value of the Scottish game? A national team that cannot qualify for any international competitions? We have a game that is viewed with universal contempt for both its lack of technical quality and the lopsidedness of its top division. This is where our game finds itself almost three decades after the “Souness Revolution” started at Rangers. The false economies started by David Holmes, and placed on steroids by David Murray, eventually devastated all around it. Rangers embodied the ideas that financial might made right and reckless spending was the key to success. Their demise should be a cautionary tale to others to get their house in order. Instead, the Scottish football establishment wants to send the signal that if you are going to fail, make sure you do it on a spectacular scale: we will make everyone else carry you if it goes wrong.

Mr. Doncaster trained as a lawyer and has an MBA. If Scottish football was a case study at a business school, anyone submitting a paper that recommended crushing the last remnants of fairness in the game to prop up a failed old-order would not get a passing mark. Doncaster in particular is failing. (Funny that Messers Doncaster & Regan find it so easy to predict the effects of Sevco Ltd playing in SFL3, but could not use these same skills to anticipate Rangers’ implosion. Even when the aforementioned ‘internet bampots’ had warned years earlier of a crisis brewing at Ibrox, the men with the crystal ball today were unable to see something that was so obvious). When the dust settles on this disaster one way or another, one can only hope that Doncaster and Regan have absented themselves. It is clear that they lack the imaginations required to improve our game. Our hopes for restoring the thrill of Scottish football now rests on the men who run the clubs in the SPL and the SFL. We must hope that they have the backbone to stand-up to being bullied and the foresight to realise that all that is being dangled by Regan & Doncaster can be obtained anyway- without sacrificing the game and without the hired hands for whom this all appears to be just a job.

If fairness fails and Sevco Ltd is able to field a team in the SFL1 next season, it is for each fan to make an individual decision on whether it is worth returning to watch a game played with loaded dice. For those who do decide to go back (I am still undecided), something will still be missing in the game. An unfillable void will have opened. The men who will vote on this decision have to realise that they are not just voting on short-term revenues. They are going to irreparably alter the Scottish game whatever happens. Money will ebb and flow in football in proportion to the excitement and quality of the competition. If fans believe that there is no competition because a winner is preordained, money will leave and it will stay gone.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 863
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 12/7/2012 8:32:10 PM   
big dawg

Aye...so....I go on honeymoon for a week and come back with no knowledge of whats happening to find our dear leader had abstained. And then claimed only 36% of Killie fans had voted no to Newco...taxi for Johnstone please. There's every chance we'll hit administration next (or so we're being told by all and sundry) and if it happens we'll take our medicine. I really dont know what to make of it all. A few months ago a 10 team league was the ONLY option for Scottish football to survive, now we're pressing for a 14 team league, possibly going to 16. Doncaster and Regan have failed utterly in the past months and should walk away in shame. The meeja should be next, with constant tales of implosion and financial meltdown they've not helped matters at all and very few have been impartial. Hateley, Murdo, Burley, Dodds, Traynor should all be barred from writing/speaking about football again. Th whole amount of jiggery pokery, threats and bullying going on to keep THEM apart for as little as possible has been sickening.

In the words of boaby..Scottish fitba is phucked well and truly. Could the last one out turn off the light

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

Post #: 864
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 13/7/2012 3:25:18 AM   
boaby

Well.

This really could be the day when someone, anyone, makes a proper decision.

Apparently the vote is going to be secret. Yippee. No, wait. What? Secret? Nice and accountable. FFS.

Going by public statements there should be enough opposed to land this freakish undead thing in the 3rd Division.

Green and the club he might own with an indeterminate aamount of board members and an unknown number of unknown investors planning to play in the stadium they might not own with an as yet unclear number of players with no accounts to have been audited should be nowhere near senior football in Scotland. 3rd Divsion would be tolerable. I suppose. Though I hope we'd see a legal challenge from any one of Spartans, Cove Rangers, Huntly, Gala Fairydean, etc as that would be funny and justified.

Sevco Scotland in SFL 1 and it's game over.

I'm glad I missed STV's them-fest plus Alex Thomson tonight. I might have ended my telly by the sounds of things.

Scottish football needs such an epic clearout.

Could be my last day as a fan of Scottish football tomorrow. Weird.

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 865
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 13/7/2012 12:22:58 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: big dawg

Aye...so....I go on honeymoon for a week.....

Many congratulations.

And if this were to happen, today might be my last day of supporting scottish football as well....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18826839

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 866
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 13/7/2012 12:46:42 PM   
big dawg

Thank you very much Qwerty...

There should just be a total fan boycott till this is resolved. With every day it rumbles on I'm getting closer to throwing in the towel and going to support some junior football. Plenty to choose from round our way

< Message edited by big dawg -- 13/7/2012 12:47:57 PM >

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

Post #: 867
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 13/7/2012 12:59:30 PM   
London Calling

Alex Thomson of Channel 4 has blogged the details of a leaked email from Regan regarding what was 'supposed' to happen from the SFA/SPL perspective.

Just into Glasgow after an illuminating day speaking to club chairmen and officials of Scottish football which right now appears in a state of something like civil war.

Hyperbole?

What has it come to when club chairmen will openly agree with that description – one of them on camera?

When such people openly talk of a complete breakdown of trust between the FA in Scotland on one hand and the Premier League – on the other and personal breakdown of trust with their chief executives Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan.

13 Rangers BLOG Football chairmen living in fairytale world

They stand accused as men hell-bent on pursuing the existence of the “Rangers” cash cow and bleeding it at all costs, as high as possible in the game. Men, they say who care about money and not sport.

Mr Doncaster and Mr Regan vehemently deny this and accuse the chairmen of living in a fairytale world and not thinking that ‘sporting integrity’ has a big price tag.

So this is the atmosphere on the eve of Friday 13th – Hampden.

I have in front of me a leaked email form Stewart Regan dated 23 June and sent to a small number of football officials and lawyers.

He thanks them all “for your contribution and support…in trying to deliver a programme of change that will move Scottish football forward whilst addressing the need to deal with the Rangers matter with integrity and in line with our own values as an organisation.”

Laudable enough – yet Mr Regan has presided over a sport where key relations between leagues, fans and governing bodies are poisonous.

Once upon a time Ibrox was toxic – now the inflammation’s spread and a crisis infects every club in the land.

No wonder therefore that one chairman twice told me today that he has had conversations with several other chairmen discussing a vote of no confidence in the SFA and SPL leadership.

Chairmen I’ve spoken to regard the financial sweeteners proposed by these men to smaller clubs to allow “Rangers” into Division 1, as ‘derisory’ and ‘laughable’.

“They have not even begun to address proper redistribution of wealth from the SPL and they show no real desire to do so,” said Gordon McDougall of Livingston.

And look at how apparently out of touch Mr Regan is with the mood of both SPL and SFL clubs.

His email plans out what was supposed to happen inside Hampden-world as opposed to what did happen in the real world:
”D) DL (David Longmuir SFL boss) to organise SFL Board Meeting w/c 25th June to gain buy-in to the plan…

E) ND (Neil Doncaster) to gain support from SPL Clubs 28th June

F) SFL Clubs Meeting to be planned for 3rd July

G) SPL Club Meeting to be planned for 4th July

H) Scottish FA Board to sign off on the final plan post July 4th
Well -best laid plans. Nothing went according to this recipe.
And all the while the man about whom the clubs know so little; about whose financial backing so much remains mysterious – Charles Green, “Rangers” owner, was to be kept in the loop.

The email goes on:

“In parallel to the above, could Rod Petrie please brief Charles Green confidentially on the discussions from a Scottish FA perspective so that there are ‘no surprises’ and there is a general acceptance of the plan…”

So the “Rangers” boss gets full briefings on the quiet to keep him sweet whilst -as clubs like Clyde make clear – they go begging for basic information about what’s on offer in return for soft-landing Mr Green’s Blues.

SFA/SPL are gambling hugely on giving Mr Green a helping Division 1 hand his own fans have rejected.

The SPL rejected the punt. So now, as one chairman of a league club Donald Findlay put it, ‘the gun is being held to the head’ of league chairmen.

Well, it’s an odd way to gamble – an even odder way to do business and the oddest way possible to manage and to govern.

The email went to:

@alextomo
The leaked email from S Regan was sent to: Barrie Jackson; Jim Ballantyne; Rod Petrie; Alan McRae; Neil Doncaster; R Topping

‏@alextomo
Also to Rod (Harper Macleod) and A S Leigh

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 868
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 13/7/2012 2:49:13 PM   
Spaldron

There you go Boaby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18813407

Post #: 869
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 13/7/2012 3:42:16 PM   
boaby

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssss.

Now, just get this SPL2 nonsense to phuck and we can move on.

Sack Regan, Doncaster, Ogilvie... abdy basically. Proper reorganisation.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 870
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI