Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 19/5/2012 10:52:12 PM   
boaby

Hibs were ding. Hearts didn't even have to be good.

I can only hope the years of training for such disappointments has taken the edge off for Hibs fans.

My jambo mates will now be beyond insufferable. Until they get demolished in Yoorup. Again.

Never a penalty like.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 751
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 21/5/2012 6:34:50 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Well, brilliant weekend all round it has to be said,

Went to a Hearts Hibs themed party in Glasgow on the Friday night, which was epic (a big bunch of us ended up doing the 'Beattie' up & down Byers Road in the middle of the night - much to the bemusement of some Japanese tourists).

As for the game itself? Magic! Then the victory parade yesterday afternoon in the glorious Edinburgh sunshine. Oh how we did indeed have a party!

Have to agree with Boaby. I was in the west stand (behind the goal to the left of the telly) & my feeling at the time was that it wasn't a penalty. Seeing the highlights yesterday confirmed that to me too. Still a foul, a booking & a red though.

Do feel for the genuine hibbys out there as well(met a lot of them on the Friday). That side Fenlon put out were a total shambles & probably served up possibly the worst performance I've ever seen from a cup finalist at any level of football. In a way I felt a little disappointed in the end because there really was an opportunity to obliterate them, yet we started show boating for a good 10 - 15 minutes. Then again, that was probably influenced by them sitting remarkably deep & playing for damage limitation more than anything else.

Having said that, never in my wildest dreams did I envisage winning the biggest Edinburgh derby in history by 5 goals to 1, so I can't really complain. It only begun to sink in after watching the highlights. Can't wait to watch the whole game again later today.

But all in all an unforgettable weekend & a timely reminder to all that there's more to Scottish football than just the uglies (although that still didn't stop a miserable Celtic fan "offering his two cents" as my mates & I walked back from Hampden).

< Message edited by Qwerty Norris -- 21/5/2012 6:39:08 PM >

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 752
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 21/5/2012 7:34:57 PM   
big dawg

Well done, how nice to have three different temas holding the three different trophies ...but how bad were Hibs. The sooner they get shot of 6 or 7 of that team the better. Even the likes of O'Connor and Griffiths, who are decent players and should be doing a job for them, just look like mercs, there for a wage. I bet those two would have been out partying on Saturday night and not really bothered that they had just turned out one of the most inept cup final performances in memory. I'd rather they went down than Dunfermline, and Fenlon could be the man to take them down next season.

elsewhere...in the continuing soap opera that is "The" Rangers, I see Doncaster is again pushing the notion that "Newco's have been allowed in UK football for many years"...He's not quite getting the point, is he?

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 753
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 22/5/2012 11:29:28 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: big dawg

Well done, how nice to have three different temas holding the three different trophies ...but how bad were Hibs. The sooner they get shot of 6 or 7 of that team the better. Even the likes of O'Connor and Griffiths, who are decent players and should be doing a job for them, just look like mercs, there for a wage. I bet those two would have been out partying on Saturday night and not really bothered that they had just turned out one of the most inept cup final performances in memory. I'd rather they went down than Dunfermline, and Fenlon could be the man to take them down next season.

Thanks man.

Yeah it is great to have 3 different winners for 3 different trophies this season, considering how bad things have been off it.

Fenlon's got a massive job on his hands though but whether Petrie gives him enough funds to do it properly, I'm not convinced. For me, they're not good enough for the SPL (never mind the scottish cup final) & they're bloody lucky there's no playoffs as I could see the likes of Dundee or Falkirk taking them no bother.

quote:

ORIGINAL: big dawg

elsewhere...in the continuing soap opera that is "The" Rangers, I see Doncaster is again pushing the notion that "Newco's have been allowed in UK football for many years"...He's not quite getting the point, is he?

Absolutely unbelievable short sightedness isn't it?

Whilst I'm not sure I could join the "I won't be back" brigade, we would undoubtedly be a part of a morally bankrupt set-up & I would definitely boycott all the games against the newco.

The SPhell are essentially relying on the fans to be angry for a bit & then just accept it.

Perhaps if something widespread was mobilised, I'd get behind that.

Boaby? Fancy volunteering?

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 754
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 22/5/2012 5:15:45 PM   
boaby

O'Connor's been binned by Hibs.

Chris "Bebo, 'I've scored fae the half way line', Not Phil" Maguire has been unceremoniously transfer listed by Derby after 1 failed season. Clough Jr. fair ripped into him too.

rangerstaxcase latest blog makes interesting reading. Names Christian Nerlinger as the first example of an EBT affecting an SPL match - he scored at Pittodrie in 2001. Discrepancy of £1m+ between the contract registered with the SFA and club documents. Nerlinger also went on to play a crucial role in them qualifying for the CL at the expense of Copenhagen.

beeb doc on tomorrow getting the big build up round the net. Should be good.

As for a co-ordinated fans campaign, I think Dons Supporters Together (DST) - they've a website - were "in discussions" with various fans groups including the pikeys' trust thingy and various fan sites.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 755
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 23/5/2012 7:29:34 PM   
London Calling

Named:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18148818

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 756
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 23/5/2012 7:59:39 PM   
boaby

6oune66 Left in '91 received £30k.

Give us our titles.

Sportsound's apologist Dodds can hud his wheesht now.

Alex McLeish, Gavin Rae...

George "christian man" Adams.

Get them punted.

edit: apparently 6oune66's wedge is to do with the transfer of Tugay. Booo.

< Message edited by boaby -- 23/5/2012 8:03:35 PM >

(in reply to London Calling)
Post #: 757
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 23/5/2012 9:17:56 PM   
boaby

Prince Albert of Monaco, Joanna Lumley...

Duff and Duffer in on the takeover...

Refusal by all and sundry to be interviewed...

60-odd players, 24 staff, Murray taking most in EBTs...

Campbell Ogilvie huddin' his wheesht while at the SFA...

Spiers still trying to get the taste of lamb out of his mouth...

Surely even Doncaster can't remain with tongue attached to ringpiece.

Well worth the license fee.

< Message edited by boaby -- 23/5/2012 9:33:06 PM >

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 758
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 23/5/2012 9:30:32 PM   
London Calling

Wow, I don't even know where to start with that.

Regarding EBTs, Juninho had one at Celtic until Brian Quinn put the brakes on it and settled up with HMRC.  It looks like the payment though was never declared to the SFA or the SPL, God knows why not.

As  a Celtic supporter, I'm happy for the club to take a punishment for that one on the chin.  Consistency and all that

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 759
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 23/5/2012 11:54:59 PM   
boaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: London Calling

Wow, I don't even know where to start with that.

Regarding EBTs, Juninho had one at Celtic until Brian Quinn put the brakes on it and settled up with HMRC.  It looks like the payment though was never declared to the SFA or the SPL, God knows why not.

As  a Celtic supporter, I'm happy for the club to take a punishment for that one on the chin.  Consistency and all that

Ace.

Get the other cheek punted too. Cheating is cheating.

Post #: 760
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 24/5/2012 8:46:24 AM   
London Calling

It's hardly the same circumstances, one random EBT which was apparently set up in respect of his pay off, not his registration. HMRC were squared up years ago and it turns out it was apparently fully disclosed to the SFA.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 761
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 24/5/2012 11:16:44 AM   
London Calling

Are Duff & Phelps really going to sue the BBC 

I love them

Post #: 762
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 24/5/2012 9:50:35 PM   
ChickMagnet

Just watched the show on iplayer and essentially Duff and Phelps knew of the deal with Ticketus but now deny it and are suing bbc because of the revelation. (throw in that they refused to talk to the BBC on the record). Also it appears that Souness may have got a bung for signing Tugay? But people like Barry Ferguson, Kris Boyd, David Murray and Roland Waterraus (I forgot how 80s-tastic his mullet was) having EBTs and proof that some people had contracts showing the EBTs were part of their wages? I'd like to see the Rangers fans try and claim they're innocent now..........

Post #: 763
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 25/5/2012 1:03:02 PM   
London Calling

They're trying for the CVA today apparently.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 764
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 25/5/2012 1:16:54 PM   
boaby

Aye, that'll work.

Campell Ogilvie clinging on for dear life. THe git.

Post #: 765
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 25/5/2012 4:02:17 PM   
London Calling

So they've appealed the transfer ban in the Court of Session.

Why have they completely ignored the existence of the Court of Arbitration for Sport?

I don't think either the SFA or UEFA will take very kindly to this.

The hordes on their forums seem to think it an evil plan to have the whole of Scottish football punished by UEFA.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 766
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 25/5/2012 6:24:26 PM   
boaby

The beeb's documentary has prompted an investigation of Duff and Duffer by the official Insolvency bods.

Excellent.

Apparently the legal challenge to the embargo is being paid for not by them but the "fighting fund". They have used up even the loose change in the sofa, and they've pawned the sofa too. Shame.

Post #: 767
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 26/5/2012 11:00:48 AM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

The beeb's documentary has prompted an investigation of Duff and Duffer by the official Insolvency bods.

Excellent.

Apparently the legal challenge to the embargo is being paid for not by them but the "fighting fund". They have used up even the loose change in the sofa, and they've pawned the sofa too. Shame.

The one question I have now is does that mean that Sheff Utd Fella's bid has to be put on hold till all this has been sorted out? I mean Surly Duff and Michael Phelps are being checked out to see if they're fit to do their job, which means they may have cocked the deal up and RFC fans wouldn't want that again, surely?

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 768
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 27/5/2012 1:47:57 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Well, if you needed something to demoralise you, there's nothing better to the job than an international friendly.

Did anyone watch the game in Jacksonville early this morning? After reading a couple of reports, I'm pretty glad I didn't.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 769
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 27/5/2012 4:53:22 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

Well, if you needed something to demoralise you, there's nothing better to the job than an international friendly.

Did anyone watch the game in Jacksonville early this morning? After reading a couple of reports, I'm pretty glad I didn't.

I was gonna, but then I watched The Soprano's instead - glad I did rather than see that capitulation.

Post #: 770
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 27/5/2012 9:40:59 PM   
boaby

Watched it til the third went in.

Miller isolated. Maloney and the no-mark from Blackpool might as well have not been on the pitch. Any width we had came form Mulgrew and Bardsley, neither of whom were any good in defence. Webster and Caldwell were ding. Brown, MacArthur and Bannan had the odd neat interchange between them but were overrun.

Then the subs started and it got worse.

Quite galling to get humped by a team whose commentators talk about transitioning rather than breaking.

The commentator's "Scottish football for the as yet clueless" was quite amusing though.

Being drunk helped.

The yank's second goal was a peach. 25 yard half-volley faded into the top-corner giving the waster in our goal no chance.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 771
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 27/5/2012 10:00:12 PM   
Saltire

Aye its a sorry state of affairs when one of the oldest international teams in the world (and probable inventors of the game) get humped like that by yanks who don't even bother too much with the sport! Thank feck it was only a friendly!

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 772
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 29/5/2012 4:57:06 PM   
Spaldron

Oh dear...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18248766

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 773
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 29/5/2012 9:51:43 PM   
big dawg

Time for the SFA to show some balls and suspend/expel them.....

....but a Scottish Cup ban is more likely, as that will harm them least. Here's hoping FIFA stick their noses in and pressure the SFA to do the right thng. Best case scenario this whole appeal blows up n "The" Rangers faces'.

This on the same day they announce Duff and Duffer are going to cream more in payments than the rest of the creditors put together, if the proposed CVA goes through

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 774
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 30/5/2012 12:08:27 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Oh dear...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18248766

It is the paragraph at the very bottom that gives me the chills.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 775
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 30/5/2012 9:10:07 AM   
London Calling

The SFA have no choice but to take very harsh action.

I think under FIFA regulations, the SFA can't accept that the embargo is unlawful, so I'm not surprised they're taking legal advice.  I think they have to force Rangers to withdraw the legal challenge - so the embargo will stand.  If they don't do that, I think FIFA takes action against the SFA.  If they were to take the court's advice, a suspension from the Scottish Cup wouldn't cut it as it's seen as a 'lesser' punishment than the player registration ban.

They then have to punish Rangers on top of that for taking them to a domestic court in the first place.

A lot of rumours going around about how the SFA and others, such as SPL chairmen, are heartily sick of them now.  They're out for themselves, risk taking everyone down with them, and have still shown not one ounce of contrition.  And they're GOOD for the Scottish game??

Only read half of this so far but it seems a decent read:

http://rangerstaxcase.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/a-permanent-embarrassment-and-an-occasional-disgrace/

Post #: 776
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 31/5/2012 11:15:28 PM   
boaby

Doncaster is such a bellend.

He needs binned.

edit: Oh aye, forgot. Players contracts return to normal now.

< Message edited by boaby -- 1/6/2012 12:15:18 AM >

Post #: 777
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 7/6/2012 11:18:08 PM   
boaby

Alex Thomson tweeting that HMRC are edging towards action at last. Huzzah!

Also, hearts continue their comedic bent by parting company with their cup winning manager Paulo Sergio. They offered him a £10k drop in salary as reward for humping the poor wee hibbees. He said no. Savvy boy.

The Dons are reduced to teasing fans about our new kit. Rumours of white shorts on the home kit. Much harrumphing. Rumours of a black and gold away kit. Much anticipation.

Kari Arneson has buggered off to Rotherham. Rotherham! Just how skint are we?

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 778
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 11/6/2012 11:51:58 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

Alex Thomson tweeting that HMRC are edging towards action at last. Huzzah!

Also, hearts continue their comedic bent by parting company with their cup winning manager Paulo Sergio. They offered him a £10k drop in salary as reward for humping the poor wee hibbees. He said no. Savvy boy.

Well, at least we're beginning to cut our cloth now. Just a pity that it might take us to the bottom 6 next season. The bigger picture though, is still much more important.

Sad to see Paulo go, naturally he's been immortalised after his efforts on the 19th May.

So when are next seasons fixtures released? Presumably after the SFA revoke Rangers' license?

Anyone else see those stories about Gattuso re-signing for them?

That is all I have to say....

< Message edited by Qwerty Norris -- 11/6/2012 11:52:36 AM >

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 779
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2009/2010 - 11/6/2012 6:48:01 PM   
big dawg

Not just Gattuso (on a reputed £12,000 a week) but 19 further transfer targets, 5 who are at the Euros.....the mans as mental as Craig Whyte.

Still think the CVA will go through though

Gamertag - SqualorVic

Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI