Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 10/5/2012 3:41:55 PM   
Goodfella

Rumours that Simon Jordan is interested in buying Rangers.

I'll take back everything I said in their defence if they even go within touching distance of that cunt....

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 721
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 10/5/2012 4:04:43 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

I'll take back everything I said in their defence if they even go within touching distance of that cunt....

Ha, I couldn't think of an owner they deserve more.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 722
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 10/5/2012 5:58:37 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

Ha, I couldn't think of an owner they deserve more.

I doubt he has the money anyway, what with the numerous paternity lawsuits, that god-awful hairstyle and him not wanting to sell his Florida villa to save his "beloved Palace" despite insisting he'd do "anything" for them. Even they can't stand his guts now.

Who's the moron now Simon....

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 723
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 10/5/2012 6:05:56 PM   
horribleives

Aye he's the last person you'd want anywhere near your club. For the shit hair, fake tan, botox-addiction, propensity to talk bollocks in the press and impregnate models if nothing else.
I don't know the ins and outs or legalities of business ethics etc but surely if you've put one football club into administration there's some kind of law stopping you buying another one?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 724
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 10/5/2012 7:15:46 PM   
boaby

Giggle, chortle, guffaw, snigger and dare I say it "lol".

Miller backs away like a sane bloke would and suddenly, miraculously, there's 3/4 bids emerging from the ether.

Let's see how badly this goes wrong.

Meanwhile on Sportsound Jabba Traynor reckons the reason fans are holding off buying season tickets is to make sure that they'll get to play Rangers 2 times a year. What. An. Arsehole. I know that when I could afford a season ticket at Pittodrie I bought one for that very reason. Not at all so that I could wee Aberdeen play for a season.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

Post #: 725
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 10/5/2012 8:04:11 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Aye he's the last person you'd want anywhere near your club. For the shit hair, fake tan, botox-addiction, propensity to talk bollocks in the press and impregnate models if nothing else.
I don't know the ins and outs or legalities of business ethics etc but surely if you've put one football club into administration there's some kind of law stopping you buying another one?

He's a disgusting human being as well, putting aside his shady business dealings that saw Palace almost rot, he's a self-confessed eligible bachelor and has caused a long string of women, mainly swimwear and glamour models, no end of grief in the press. He's vile, truly vile and his exit from football was the best thing ever, he is a modern-day 'Del Boy' without the humour and loveable rogue status.

I'll never forget him stating in the press that "all Charlton fans are morons," calling us a "nothing club" and offering to fight Richard Murray. How he wasn't charged by the FA I'll never know. You're absolutely spot on about that law HE, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to exist, much like it doesn't across any business really. The 'Fit and Proper Persons Act' is obviously a load of bullshit as well.

Post #: 726
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 10/5/2012 9:39:15 PM   
boaby

Apparently 6oune66 was reportedly involved... until 6oune66 said no chance.

Apparently, according to Jabba and Chico, Peter Kenyon was involved... until Kenyon said no chance.

Apparently Bill Ng was involved again... until he woke up with tens of messages telling him that he was.

The spewing forth of nonsense by the weegia continues.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 727
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 11/5/2012 7:15:24 PM   
big dawg

Anyone else think the "Blue Knights" had less money than Craig Whyte.....how many times have they been knocked back. They must have been offering about 8.42. Looks like this whole newco thing is going to be the way they go. I still thnk they'll be in the SPL and relatively unscathed by the start of next season

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 728
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 11/5/2012 7:52:09 PM   
London Calling

Apparently The Bloo Knights' bid was ultimately worth 2.5million 

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 729
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 11/5/2012 8:53:33 PM   
boaby

Kennedy's bid depended on both living within means and reaching the latter stages of the "League that should be a knock out competition for Champoions but isn't."

(in reply to London Calling)
Post #: 730
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 12/5/2012 5:17:18 PM   
boaby

Weel 'at's 'at.

9th. Pish, utter.

41 points fae 38 games. Mince.

At least there wiz a giggle at the end. Darren "Barren, the Dazzler, the reading champ" Mackie wiz sponsor's MOM. Musta been blootered.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 731
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 12/5/2012 6:18:31 PM   
big dawg

Sorry to see him go boaby? Thats at least a goal a season you'll be down......

Missed the last game today, good that KS gave some of the younglings a chance. Nice to see one of them score as well. The younger players wll be crucial for us next season but I reckon Sheils is the right man to nurture them and bring them on. 7th place, league cup win, beating the scum in the semi and "Ra" Cellic in the final, two wins against "The" Rangers...I'll take that

Oh and the scum were relegated too......happy days!

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 732
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 12/5/2012 9:52:14 PM   
boaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: big dawg

Sorry to see him go boaby? Thats at least a goal a season you'll be down......

Ken min. 50-odd goals in 10 years.

From a striker.

It's hard to rage at the boy. He gives his all. That Ebbe, Pele, JC, Dingus rated him enough to play him and gie him a contract is nae real. That it's fallen to the current dour aul' git to get shot of him is staggereing. It's about time.

We need o'er muckle talent for it to be realistically injected during this windae. Settle for a coupla actual full backs, an actual winger, and an actual striker to help Big Vern oot.

Of course if things go as expected for them then I'll nae hiv to worry my pretty little heid about it.

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 733
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 13/5/2012 3:43:02 PM   
London Calling

Well only the cup final to go - quite excited to watch an Edinburgh derby cup final!

I shall be going for a Hibees win.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 734
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 13/5/2012 4:03:42 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Pretty desperate Hearts performance today - all the players looked like they had their minds on next Saturday. A bit worrying as well as McDonald & that back four will likely start the cup final. In fairness though they have been pretty solid most of the season so hopefully today was little more than a blip.

At least with the St Johnstone result that guarantees us some European football next season irrespective of what happens on the 19th - I suspect it'll come in handy given our massive cost cutting measures will take affect big time over the summer.

quote:

ORIGINAL: London Calling

Well only the cup final to go - quite excited to watch an Edinburgh derby cup final!

I shall be going for a Hibees win.

I'll be going next weekend & already I'm sick with nerves over the occasion (have been really ever since Craig Beattie did his topless lap of honour).

I'll admit fate seems to be pointing towards a Hobos win and to see that happen in front of my very eyes will be "character building" to say the least.

My one crumb of comfort though comes in the knowledge that they're absolute rotten & man to man, we should take care of them no bother.

Derbies however, don't always work like that (although it has been in this one for the past three years).

Still, should hopefully be a great occasion & it'll be nice for scottish football to have a day off from the Ibrox soap opera.

Speaking of which...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18049325

Any Sheff Utd fans here care to comment over Charles Green?

Also seems like it's an 8.5m CVA or newco now (although I suspect the latter is more likely to materialise).

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 735
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 14/5/2012 8:35:07 PM   
London Calling

Petrie of Hibs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18065520

"It's important to us that the integrity of the competition that we take part is maintained to the highest standards," added Petrie.
"It's not a question of any sum of money in return for that integrity
"It's important that all clubs can have a place within football provided they have have earned it in a sporting sense and have abided by the rules."

Also talk today of Livingston suing the SFA if Rangers are treated as a special case, as the SFA were the appellate body when Livi were bumped down to the third division and backed the SFL decision.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 736
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 14/5/2012 10:58:57 PM   
boaby

I'd give Petrie a big, hearty man-hug if ever I get within reach.

Finally. Finally someone not slurping their ringpiece nor huddin' their wheesht.

Go on yersel' min Petrie min. Hopefully yer nae on yer bunter o'er lang.

Post #: 737
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 16/5/2012 5:54:24 PM   
boaby

Anyone see the Scotland squaaaaaaad?

A big pile of meh.

Nae often that I've nae a scooby about a loon in the Scotland squaaaaaaad but... Phillips? Blackpool? Fit?

Least the latest niggly wee git of a striker the pikeys have inflicted on the world is getting a wee sniff. Nae that it's unusual for Avril to pick a pikey or twooo-ooo.

Distinct lack of plaaaaaaaaars. Early '90s Scotland would eviscerate this mob.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 738
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 16/5/2012 7:10:13 PM   
London Calling

Yeah I was a bit indifferent to the Scotland squad.

As for the England squad, I know, I know, I KNOW that Scottish football is held in very low regard but I'm guessing Forster and Hooper weren't considered even for stand-by. 

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 739
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 16/5/2012 7:12:08 PM   
London Calling

I was trying to figure out who the pikeys were 

Good to see him called up.

Post #: 740
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 16/5/2012 11:02:52 PM   
boaby

Their appeal against the SFA sanctions has been turfed.

Yas mins SFA panel mins.

Nae often this moaning sod praises the SFA but today is one such day. Huzzah I say. Huzzah.

Post #: 741
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 17/5/2012 1:10:37 AM   
boaby

"c'mon people, you can dance to this sh!t"

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 742
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 17/5/2012 2:51:36 PM   
London Calling

Feeling a bit warm and fuzzy towards the SFA today.

Not surprised that there is still no taking of responsibility though.  'Wasn't us, and even if it was, so what, we're the rainjurz'.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 743
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 17/5/2012 5:25:21 PM   
Spaldron

How long do you reckon until the first anthrax laced letterbomb finds its way to the SFA?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 744
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 18/5/2012 8:15:39 AM   
London Calling

Anyone read Green's moonbeams?  Basically spouting the same sort of stuff Miller was, and Whyte before him.  And the gullibles are buying it again.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 745
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 18/5/2012 12:41:21 PM   
London Calling

Someone has attempted to quantify the possible losses to other clubs caused by cheating.  Incredible the extent to which Hearts could have been damaged if the figures are even remotely accurate.

The SPL deadline for clubs to provide information on improper registration of players was six weeks ago today but the league has yet to report findings to clubs, while the chief executive rallies support to allow a Newco access to the league.

Time has expired on this policy of non-disclosure until its too late.

If the SPL chief executive ever tells us that Rangers fielded improperly registered players between 2000 and 2012, resulting in years of 3-0 defeats being awarded, there will be an enormous amount of anger, not only among supporters, but in boardrooms across the country, as they ponder money which was rightfully theirs but which went to Rangers perhaps including Rangers prize money for finishing second this season.

We have made an attempt to quantify this money. Some of the losses were easier to calculate than others. For example, it was easy to calculate that when Rangers won the title in 2009 with improperly registered players, earning automatic qualification to the Champions League group stage, they denied Celtic 15m European earnings, plus 340k SPL prize money. Other losses are less clear, specifically when a club was denied a place in a qualifying round for the Champions League or Uefa Cup, which they may or may not have progressed from.

We have established three figures for each club in the SPL during the season just finished, to cover the period from 2000 to 2012:

Minimum loss:
The absolute minimum each club was denied from European and SPL prize money as a result of Rangers finishing above them with ineligible players.

Weighted loss:
The figure based on Scottish clubs gaining entry to Champions League/Europa League (Uefa Cup) group stages from 20% of their qualifying campaigns (which is slightly less than trend).

Maximum loss:
The maximum a club could have achieved if it qualified for the European group stage it was denied entry to.

Out estimates take no account of the subsequent effect money has on future years. For example, If Celtic earned an additional 15m from entering the Champions League group stage in 2009-10 their league challenge for that season would have been 15m stronger, and Rangers 15m weaker, potentially resulting in consequences in future years.

This multiplier effect would have benefited Celtic but it would be likely to have a greater effect on other clubs, some of whom would be denied the enormous percentage increase in budget automatic qualification to European group stages would have brought.

Hearts finished immediately behind Celtic and Rangers more often than any other club over the period and suffer the greatest potential losses, even more so than Celtic. Hibernian, Aberdeen, Dundee United and Motherwell also suffered significant losses.

Several clubs got nowhere near European football over the period, and some of the 11 spent only a few years in the SPL but each club lost over 1m.

Figures for each club are:

Hearts
Maximum: 72.3m
Weighted: 16.3m
Minimum: 6.2m

Celtic
Maximum: 46.7m
Weighted: 21.9m
Minimum: 17.4m

Hibernian
Maximum: 34.8m
Weighted: 8.4m
Minimum: 3.6m

Aberdeen
Maximum: 21.1m
Weighted: 5.5m
Minimum: 2.7m

Dundee United
Maximum: 20.8m
Weighted: 5.2m
Minimum: 2.4m

Motherwell
Maximum: 16.7m
Weighted: 4.4m
Minimum: 2.1m

Kilmarnock
Maximum: 5.1m
Weighted: 1.9m
Minimum: 1.3m

Dunfermline
Maximum: 3.4m
Weighted: 1.8m
Minimum: 1.5m

Inverness
Maximum: 1.3m
Weighted: 1.3m
Minimum: 1.3m

St Johnstone
Maximum: 1.1m
Weighted: 1.1m
Minimum: 1.1m

St Mirren
Maximum: 1.1m
Weighted: 1.1m
Minimum: 1.1m

In the event Rangers fielded ineligible players during the period under consideration, which everyone apart from Neil Doncaster knows, and even he will be unable to deny next week, we know the following:

Rangers received a minimum of 40.9m which should have gone to the 11 other clubs, assuming each club lost all their European group stage qualifying campaigns. This calculation does not include earnings from clubs now in the Scottish Football League, such as Hamilton Accies or Dundee.

If Scottish clubs progressed to the group stages of European competition on only 20% of their qualifying campaigns the loss would be 69.0m.

The figure for total potential losses if clubs successfully progressed to every European group stage is, as the figure for 100% failure, more illustrative than likely, but the maximum cost to the 11 SPL clubs is 224.6m.

Post #: 746
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 18/5/2012 5:09:11 PM   
boaby

Surely not?

Don't they make everyone rich?

Post #: 747
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 19/5/2012 3:20:03 PM   
London Calling

There's life in Scottish football yet, Hampden packed and bouncing.   Just a shame the diets have scored.

More of this sort of thing in the coming seasons hopefully!

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 748
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 19/5/2012 5:18:16 PM   
big dawg

Anyone else think it wasnt a penalty? There was a tug on the jersey outside the box, so fair enough on the second booking but there didnt look much of a foul inside the box.

Well done Hearts anyway, doing what I wished we'd done to Ayr in January. Hibs are a poor side though. who'd be stupid enough to put money on them.......

Gamertag - SqualorVic

Post #: 749
RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 - 19/5/2012 7:54:50 PM   
London Calling

Much deserved win for Hearts, and Hibs were absolutely woeful.

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Scottish Football Thread 2011/2012 Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI