Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Borderlands

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Borderlands Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Borderlands - 21/9/2012 12:47:39 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Might be worth trying that!

Nah levels are the same, I dont play with randoms. Found that acid weapons help a great deal, so beat those areas .

Meanwhile...

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 211
RE: Borderlands - 22/9/2012 6:55:57 PM   
the anomaly

Borderlands 2

Does this not need it's own thread?

Want to hear how it is?

Is wish I knew!

I should be playing it.

But I ordered from Amazon on Monday using Amazon Prime next day delivery/launch date guarantee. Dispatched Thursday. Still not here.

FFS!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 212
RE: Borderlands - 22/9/2012 7:51:44 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Borderlands 2

Want to hear how it is?

Is wish I knew!

I should be playing it.

But I ordered from Amazon on Monday using Amazon Prime next day delivery/launch date guarantee. Dispatched Thursday. Still not here.

FFS!

Considerably more difficult than the first one (i've died more times in 17 levels than i did in 69 levels on borderlands 1).

The side missions are geekily hilarious, the guns look awesome, there is an actual storyline, basically they have taken every criticism of borderlands 1 and have fixed the vast majority of them.

Sroey and i have torn our way through Pandora, laying waste to pretty much everything, and the only reason i have stopped at the moment is because of hunger

In short, it is freaking awesome!

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 213
RE: Borderlands - 23/9/2012 7:47:52 PM   
DJ Satan

Has the awful save system been fixed yet?

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 214
RE: Borderlands - 23/9/2012 7:55:09 PM   
Rhubarb

It feels basically like a slightly improved Borderlands so far, evolution not revolution. It looks prettier, and the leveling up system is improved, but there's still not enough customisation on characters, the story is still too easy to ignore etc. But I'm enjoying so far.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 215
RE: Borderlands - 25/9/2012 9:10:20 AM   
sroey

Completely agree with WilliamMunny - much improved over the 1st. Tighter and more polished environments. Great looking, great characters and sense of humor.

Save system is much better and I have already started playing through from scratch with another character class as my brother picked this up late.

Playing through some of the side missions a few times and they are still awesome. Currently getting my ass handed to me a lot trying to assassinate the assassins Wot etc. Only a level 7 Siren (I have a level 20 Commando I was using with WilliamMunny)

Story is far better but easy to get sidetracked while playing 4 player co-op - which is brilliant btw.

Great game which is an amazing amount of fun!

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 216
RE: Borderlands - 25/9/2012 6:08:15 PM   
Scott_

This is soooo good. Only level 8 but it's awesome. Took me ages to decide what class to pick, they all seem like good choices but I (eventually) went with the Commando dude, he's not my usual style of play so I thought I would mix it up...and he looks cool, which is obviously the most important thing. I'm tempted to start again as a Siren though, if I jumped online I bet a majority of the players will be rocking the Commando or the Assassin so I want to mix it up if thats the case.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 217
RE: Borderlands - 25/9/2012 7:42:26 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

Borderlands 2

Want to hear how it is?

Is wish I knew!

I should be playing it.

FFS!

So not only has it still not come ...

But on Sunday I headed down to the promotional bungee jump -

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/45445-borderlands-2-bungee-jump-london-free-copy/

After arriving at 8:30 (it was meant to start at 10) the first jump took place around 11:00. Well I say that but the first few people baulked once the got lifted by the crane. Yet still got goody bags and the game from the generous organisers.

Waited in the rain four around five hours in all. Got right to the front of the queue ... only for the event to be cancelled early due to the bad weather. They ran out of goodie bags, X360 copies and then finally all copies of the game. Luckily long story short as we should have had time to jump and get the game (the queue was spilt early on due to the high demand) our details were taken and at least I will get a free copy.

That will probably turn up before my Amazon one which got lost in the post! Would have just bought but that damn exclusive Mechromancer DLC is not part of the season pass and is only in certain retailers. So I don't want to buy without it.

ANNOYING

Fingers crossed I have it for the weekend as I've been busy so far but I've got nothing but Borderlands planned for the weekend.

Post #: 218
RE: Borderlands - 26/9/2012 9:32:19 AM   
sroey

I started again with the Siren - great class to use. I will eventually use all characters to be honest, the game is that good.

Also - your badass rank points and bonuses apply to ALL characters you have. So starting again you are given a boost by your badass 'perks'.

Quality game!

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 219
RE: Borderlands - 26/9/2012 10:03:25 AM   
Chief

I'm quite interested in this, would it be recommended to play part 1 first?

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 220
RE: Borderlands - 26/9/2012 4:53:33 PM   
sroey

Hard to say really - you could just look up the story on wikipedia for example as Borderlands (whilst great) is not quite as polished as 2 which is far more refined. Wouldn't want to go back to the first now...

That said - both games are quality co-op experiences and great fun!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 221
RE: Borderlands - 26/9/2012 8:53:56 PM   
Ell

Is it still worth picking up this game even though I'm likely to be going through solo?

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 222
RE: Borderlands - 27/9/2012 8:46:02 AM   
Chief

I've stuck part 1 on my Lovefilm list anyway. Same question regarding solo play, is it worth it? Can't really be arsed hooking up with randoms.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 223
RE: Borderlands - 27/9/2012 8:49:25 AM   
From_Hell

I haven't played Borderlands 2 yet, but I played through Borderlands in single player and bloody loved it, so single player gets my thumbs up...

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 224
RE: Borderlands - 27/9/2012 10:24:00 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Absolutely loving Borderlands 2 so far. I'm about 6 hours or so in and it's an absolute blast, as the first one was. Been playing it over LAN either at my mate's house or at mine and fair play, it runs perfectly on my mate's laptop without having to knock down the settings too much. Bravo Gearbox, the minimum required settings are pretty attainable for anyone who's bought a decent spec PC/Laptop over the last 4-5 years or so.

It's harder than the first game, which is great because I found the first playthrough of the first game pretty easy. It's properly challenging now pretty much straight away. A couple of the early bosses have given us a ridiculous amount of grief but that's how it should be to be honest. Also I've just come across my first lot of Nomads, holy fuck. I've a feeling that the Badass Nomads are going to be responsible for a number of respawns. One thing though, it would have been harder still if I hadn't received a sniper rifle as part of my pre order premium pack. You don't get one in the game till a bit of the way in and to be honest you kind of need one off the bat.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 225
RE: Borderlands - 3/10/2012 9:41:18 AM   
Happy Shrapnel

I tried to start a Borderlands 2 thread but it seems Shark Boy says no and locked it.
Mmmmm don't know why, theres a Resident Evil 6, Halo 4 blah, blah,blah.......
Obviously not a fan.

In John Le Mesurier's last words........

' Its All Been Rather Lovely '

Happy Trails

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 226
RE: Borderlands - 3/10/2012 9:48:05 AM   
Chief

You started a thread with one sentence that no-one replied to and then a mod locked it? Damn those evil mods!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 227
RE: Borderlands - 3/10/2012 9:49:42 AM   
Happy Shrapnel

I just thought everyone would jump on Board ( erlands ) !

Happy Trails

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 228
RE: Borderlands - 3/10/2012 10:00:32 AM   
sharkboy

Muah ha ha!

quote:

Resident Evil 6, Halo 4 

So, a home win for the Resi boys then!    But, since you've argued your case so eloquently, consider it unlocked

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Happy Shrapnel)
Post #: 229
RE: Borderlands - 3/10/2012 10:02:24 AM   
Happy Shrapnel

Thanks Sharkboy !
It will probably die a death anyway !

Happy Trails

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 230
RE: Borderlands - 3/10/2012 10:34:19 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

So, a home win for the Resi boys then!    But, since you've argued your case so eloquently, consider it unlocked

I used to respect you.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 231
RE: Borderlands - 3/10/2012 12:12:27 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I used to respect you.

I've lost count of the times that these were the first words I heard in the morning...

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 232
RE: Borderlands - 3/10/2012 10:53:48 PM   
Saltire

I'm playing this now and really enjoying it.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 233
RE: Borderlands - 5/12/2012 3:36:22 PM   
sroey

Anyone got the latest DLC - Mr Torgue?

Had a quick blast last night and its absolutely brilliant! Borderlands 2 is such an enjoyable game, so much fun in co-op!

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 234
RE: Borderlands - 5/12/2012 11:28:34 PM   
the anomaly

BORDERLANDS 2 ... Probably been my game of the year. Can't think of much else new I've played to be honest! But I've been loving it.

Ninja - Level 30
Gunzerker - Level 20
Siren - Level 18
Turret Guy - 10
Mechromancer - 8

So I've played the start of the game a fair bit!

Finally got back to my main character and ploughed through the story some more. Which is much improved and you just love to hate Handsome Jack ... eventually ... as honestly I didn't see a huge issue with his plans at first. He wants to sort out a barren wasteland full of bandits and put some industry and a new settlement there. Your a bounty hunter who kills a shit load of bandits anyway. Though glad this get's played on a bit in the plot too.

I will dig into the DLC eventually but I plan to tuck into some other games first.

To be honest I need to finish the last Borderlands DLC. Still have the General Knoxx DLC to finish! In a dream world I'd clear Mad Moxxi's Thunderdrome too ... but it will never happen.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 235
RE: Borderlands - 6/12/2012 1:35:00 AM   
Saltire

Not got round to the sequel yet, as still have to work my way through the DLC on the original first. Have B2 there, and can't wait to start, but have to get Arkham City and AC3 finished first!

Post #: 236
RE: Borderlands - 18/12/2012 8:13:45 AM   
Peter Griffin

I finally bought the GOTY edition of Borderlands and my question is this, should i play any or all the dlc during the game or after i've finished the main story?
And yes i do know there isn't meant to be much to the main story

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 237
RE: Borderlands - 18/12/2012 10:52:12 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

I finally bought the GOTY edition of Borderlands and my question is this, should i play any or all the dlc during the game or after i've finished the main story?

Apart from Moxxi's survival mode underdrome thing you should play them in after the main story.

Otherwise they won't make much sense.

Best to play them in the order of release too as it's probably in chronological order.

To be fair the story picks up towards the end of the game and into the DLC.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 238
RE: Borderlands - 18/12/2012 11:18:53 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

quote:

Apart from Moxxi's survival mode underdrome thing you should play them in after the main story.

Best to play them in the order of release too as it's probably in chronological order.

Cheers for that bud.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 239
RE: Borderlands - 18/12/2012 1:59:07 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cheers for that bud.

There's no shame in skipping Moxxi's altogether. It's a fucking awful piece of DLC and one of the dullest grinds I've ever endured in a game (especially given that you earn xp per round rather than per kill which is absolute bollocks).

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Borderlands Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI