Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Borderlands

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Borderlands Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Borderlands - 12/8/2010 8:56:20 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

If any of you mere mortals feel like running through the new DLC with an immortal level 61 Siren with some maxed weapon stats let me know

I would have been right there with you before the purge ...

I've started again ... got all the DLC ... currently at level 13 ...

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 181
RE: Borderlands - 22/8/2010 11:12:16 PM   
the anomaly

Dr Zed's Zombie Island: Even though it's just Borderlands with a zombie coating ... it was good fun. Almost been through twice.
Mad Moxxi's Underdrome: Ughhh ...  it was fun for awhile. Then I noticed how long the rounds go on for ... The fact that it doesn't add to weapon XP and there doesn't seem to be much loot doesn't help things.

I've actually bumped my character up a few level's. I had started from scratch. Got to about level 23. But seeing as I'd done it all before & joyous wasn't getting much XP killing my lower level foes (she still has her level 40 character) I decided to to join a high powered online game.

Went to have dinner. Came back and I was level 40. Two other players were taking on the Crawmerax ... they eventually killed it. I've just realised this as I've got the achievement for killing it. Alas I've just started the Armoury of General Knoxx, so it will be awhile before I kill it myself.

Even though I've leveled I need LOOT! My current gun's are far from what I used to have. Plus I'm missing the basics's like the elemental boosters, character class mods, grenade mods etc. So I've been playing through anyway.Love the game. Simple and addictive. Looking forward to the next DLC too. I'll probaly still be doing Mad Moxxi's Underdrome till it comes out ...

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 22/8/2010 11:15:21 PM >

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 182
RE: Borderlands - 23/8/2010 8:15:14 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Having missed the boat on this game on the consoles (as in everybody on my friends list was massively levelled up before I got round to considering it) I decided to get it on the PC instead, as one of my mates had just bought it as well. I'm really enjoying it fair play, it's obviously much better in co-op but it's still extremely playable solo.

I've just one question though, I've just unlocked the Big Game Hunter mission where I have to lure and kill Skagzilla. According to the mission listing I should be able to do it comfortably as it's a Level 20 mission and I'm currently level 22. Should I be able to do this mission at level 22? The reason I ask is because I've been told that s/he's a beast to kill even at level 50. Or is that only the case on the 2nd playthrough?

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 183
RE: Borderlands - 23/8/2010 8:19:53 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Having missed the boat on this game on the consoles (as in everybody on my friends list was massively levelled up before I got round to considering it) I decided to get it on the PC instead, as one of my mates had just bought it as well. I'm really enjoying it fair play, it's obviously much better in co-op but it's still extremely playable solo.

I've just one question though, I've just unlocked the Big Game Hunter mission where I have to lure and kill Skagzilla. According to the mission listing I should be able to do it comfortably as it's a Level 20 mission and I'm currently level 22. Should I be able to do this mission at level 22? The reason I ask is because I've been told that s/he's a beast to kill even at level 50. Or is that only the case on the 2nd playthrough?

Skagzilla's a doddle mate, and if you're Level 22 you'll piss it. I used the tried and tested professional tactic of running backwards in big circles whilst shooting at Skagzilla until he/she dropped.....

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 184
RE: Borderlands - 25/9/2010 7:31:12 PM   
DJ Satan

I'm sure I asked this before - What is the best time to do the DLC?

I've just got back into it and I'm very close to completing my first Playthrough at L35. Should I go ahead and complete it and then work on the DLC or should I start a second playthrough first and go play the DLC. Or is it better to Level to 50\61 before attempting the DLC?

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 185
RE: Borderlands - 25/9/2010 11:56:20 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

I'm sure I asked this before - What is the best time to do the DLC?

I've just got back into it and I'm very close to completing my first Playthrough at L35. Should I go ahead and complete it and then work on the DLC or should I start a second playthrough first and go play the DLC. Or is it better to Level to 50\61 before attempting the DLC?

In order to get to 61 you need to complete playthrough 1 and 2 of the main game and all the DLC content (except mad moxxi) so it doesn't really matter which order you complete it in because you'll be playing through the lot twice anyway.

Or you can wait for the new DLC as it's supposedly going to balance everything out a bit and make achieving the higher levels a lot easier.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 186
RE: Borderlands - 26/9/2010 11:59:20 AM   
DJ Satan

What I mean is will the dificulty of the DLC jump with a second playthrough, meaning I won't be able to tackle it until I have played through a substantial part of the main game again, or can I jump straight to the DLC bits after completing the first playthrough. Will it be easier to divert my game now and then wrap up the DLC twice?

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 187
RE: Borderlands - 26/9/2010 12:20:50 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

What I mean is will the dificulty of the DLC jump with a second playthrough, meaning I won't be able to tackle it until I have played through a substantial part of the main game again, or can I jump straight to the DLC bits after completing the first playthrough. Will it be easier to divert my game now and then wrap up the DLC twice?

IIRC - the DLC and the main game scale the difficulty to the rate you're playing. The best way to go about it imo is:

1) 100% Complete playthrough 1
2) Play playthrough 2 until you get to 50
3) Start the DLC at level 50 under playthrough 1
4) Once you've completed all the DLC you should be part of the way toward level 61.....then finish all playthrough 2 until you're 61-69

The problem is that DLC 1 only scales enemies up to level 50 and the problem with DLC 3 will now be that it only scales enemies to level 61. You're best off waiting for the new DLC when it will auto-balance everything so that all DLC will scale enemies up to level 69.

Also, playing with randoms will increase the enemy levels provided they are of a higher level, meaning more experience for you. The best guns are the pearl guns at the moment which you get from crawmerax which can also be duped. So having randoms in the game nabbing the guns isn't a big deal at all.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 188
RE: Borderlands - 3/10/2010 9:25:40 AM   
Chojin

New DLC is pretty meh....

The level 69 level cap increase hasn't been updated and is being release at a later date. Making it pretty pointless playing through the new DLC because the EXP isn't counting for anything and you aren't increasing the skill limit if you're currently maxed.

I finished all of the missions in around 3-4 hours tops. There's also glitched achievements where you have to unlock them in a certain order. Plus, four of the new achievements are 'lucky drop' achievements where you're killing the same enemies again and again in the hope that they'll drop the items you need.

My advice is to leave it for now if you're interested and wait until the level increase update is released and the developers have patched the glitched achievement order.

(It is doable, you just can't turn in a couple of missions early......make sure you read up if you're going for the achievements)

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 189
RE: Borderlands - 3/10/2010 12:21:09 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

New DLC is pretty meh....

The level 69 level cap increase hasn't been updated and is being release at a later date. Making it pretty pointless playing through the new DLC because the EXP isn't counting for anything and you aren't increasing the skill limit if you're currently maxed.

I finished all of the missions in around 3-4 hours tops. There's also glitched achievements where you have to unlock them in a certain order. Plus, four of the new achievements are 'lucky drop' achievements where you're killing the same enemies again and again in the hope that they'll drop the items you need.

My advice is to leave it for now if you're interested and wait until the level increase update is released and the developers have patched the glitched achievement order.

(It is doable, you just can't turn in a couple of missions early......make sure you read up if you're going for the achievements)

Was going to get this this week but if they haven't increased the level cap yet, then I will not bother. Cheers for the heads-up.  Not that I have reached 61 yet but I wanted to play Secret Armoury and then this straight after. Also I did read on 360acheivements that a patch will be released to fix the broken acheivements for it.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 190
RE: Borderlands - 6/10/2010 3:17:28 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I've gone and got this game - it looks like a lot of fun, the cell cartoony graphics are superb - it got me thinking that suppose they released a new Fallout Game that looked this this, it would look fucking ace wouldn't it? 

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 191
RE: Borderlands - 30/10/2010 5:45:15 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

This game has zero story and zero characters! It's still fun but it could have been so much more entertaining if they'd given us something apart from the (admittedly) brilliant FPS-ing and huge variety of weapons.

There's like no cut scenes and even the voice acting is largely non-existent with the side missions comprising of bits of text you read and then bugger off to complete.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 192
RE: Borderlands - 31/10/2010 1:13:08 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

This game has zero story and zero characters! It's still fun but it could have been so much more entertaining if they'd given us something apart from the (admittedly) brilliant FPS-ing and huge variety of weapons.

There's like no cut scenes and even the voice acting is largely non-existent with the side missions comprising of bits of text you read and then bugger off to complete.

I think everyone agrees there. That's why I'd say it's much more fun in co-op.

Also the DLC adds different settings and new assests which keep things interesting and add variety. But then it's still just more of the same.

I've got to go back and finish it all off at some point. I may just pick up the Claptrap one too to round up the whole affair.

Post #: 193
RE: Borderlands - 2/11/2010 10:13:03 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

It's weird because if I play it too much I get bored of it and start to think it's a really dry game, but if I leave it for a week I'm back into it. It will definitely get finished at some point. 

Post #: 194
RE: Borderlands - 2/8/2011 9:09:30 PM   
From_Hell

Borderlands 2 looks like it's an imminent announcement

http://www.oxm.co.uk/31997/news/borderlands-2-coming-soon-wild-new-things-in-store-report/

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

Post #: 195
RE: Borderlands - 2/8/2011 9:50:10 PM   
ChickMagnet

You know what I'll be doing this weekend? Giving the Game of The Year edition a good beasting, Zavvi are selling it at 13 brand new on both consoles. Probably because the sequels imminent along with the fact that DNF just wasn't that good.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 196
RE: Borderlands - 6/8/2011 9:29:21 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Borderlands 2 looks like it's an imminent announcement

http://www.oxm.co.uk/31997/news/borderlands-2-coming-soon-wild-new-things-in-store-report/

It's been confirmed.

I've got to batter the DLC at some point.

To be fair I did 1000G the main story. Not that it's hard just a fun grind ... which sums up the whole point of the game.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 197
RE: Borderlands - 22/2/2012 1:40:22 PM   
Scott_

Borderlands 2 trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnjf7swBFTo

Looks awesome!

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 198
RE: Borderlands - 22/2/2012 4:02:38 PM   
directorscut

Hopefully the quests will be a lot more varied than "Kill X amount of Y" and/or "Fetch Z".

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 199
RE: Borderlands - 22/2/2012 9:15:59 PM   
Scott_

And we might get a better story this time or at least some decent pay-off at the end.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 200
RE: Borderlands - 12/7/2012 2:57:58 PM   
talpacino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8cee-FvBV0

Cool.

Better get cracking on finishing the first one.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 201
RE: Borderlands - 5/9/2012 12:29:47 PM   
DJ Satan

I've picked this up again to finish it off in time for the sequels killed off General Knoxx last night.

Anyone up for some sessions? I need to finish the DLC and have started a second playthrough for the XP.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 202
RE: Borderlands - 19/9/2012 3:25:19 PM   
sroey

My copy of BL2 has been despatched - love Shopto!

Anyone else getting this?

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 203
RE: Borderlands - 19/9/2012 3:49:52 PM   
Scott_

Yep, I'll be picking it up on Friday hopefully. Can't wait!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 204
RE: Borderlands - 19/9/2012 7:01:35 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Yep, I'll be picking it up on Friday hopefully. Can't wait!

Same here! Looks awesome.

Empire versus Pandora at the weekend anybody?

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 205
RE: Borderlands - 19/9/2012 8:48:21 PM   
sroey

Yessir - i'll be on all weekend hopefully.

Add me in - Bigsro

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 206
RE: Borderlands - 19/9/2012 9:26:18 PM   
ChickMagnet

I'll be collecting the Vault Hunters Edition on my lunch hour on Friday, can't fecking wait!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 207
RE: Borderlands - 20/9/2012 1:20:39 PM   
rich

Talking BL1 has anyone got tips for missions that say Trivial but are actually really hard? New Haven kicked our asses, is it probably just crap weapons we've got? Goes up and down from cake walk to nightmarish without warning sometimes.

< Message edited by rich -- 20/9/2012 1:21:06 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 208
RE: Borderlands - 20/9/2012 2:06:30 PM   
sroey

I seem to remember when playing BL1 that alot of the time I would join players over Live who were about 20 levels above me. They were way ahead story wise and your puny guns would do nothing against the enemy. The only choice would be to stay back and let the high level players deal with everyone for you.

The upside to this would be when you level up stupidly quickly.

Might be worth trying that!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 209
RE: Borderlands - 21/9/2012 10:42:22 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Ordered this yesterday for the PC (my first PC purchase in donkeys) and I can't wait for it to arrive. I had a blast playing the first one so I'm really looking forward to it, I effectively built a new PC a few months back in anticipation so I hope it was worth it.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Borderlands Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI