Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Borderlands

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Borderlands Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Borderlands - 5/4/2010 8:59:54 PM   
Chojin

Have you completed the missions which claptrap doesn't notify you of?

1) midget next to the lake, has two missions

2) the mission where you need to locate all of the hidden treasures with the tank

If you've checked the names of all of the midgets before you killed them I can't really help. There are a couple of midgets not usually mentioned in the guides because they're grey areas.

Maybe play through on playthrough 1? you could waltz it, and check the midget kills as you go along.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 151
RE: Borderlands - 11/4/2010 11:41:43 AM   
From_Hell

Just started playing through Secret Armoury of General Knoxx. I'm on my first play through and really enjoying it so far (although it's maybe not quite as fun as shooting at the undead!).

Does the difficulty suddenly ramp up or something? I keep hearing that it's ridiculously hard, yet so far (just killed Shank) all of the missions have been rated 'Trivial'. I'm a level 43 Siren.......

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 152
RE: Borderlands - 11/4/2010 12:34:06 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I never played through General Knoxx on playthrough 1, just 2, and playthrough 2 wasn't easy, the drones and drifters would take my vehicles down in seconds.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 16/4/2010 9:32:49 AM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 153
RE: Borderlands - 15/4/2010 7:44:45 PM   
Scott_

I bought ths today, played for a few hours and it's good fun so far. I started with the Hunter dude who looks like a badass, I wondered around that Skag Gully place and got into a spot of trouble, these spitting things appeared then bigger ones appeared and I didn't have the weapons to take em' down so I ran for my life I had every bloody Skag after me before I found an exit.

Midget Psycho's are also awesome.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 154
RE: Borderlands - 17/4/2010 7:49:56 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Just started playing through Secret Armoury of General Knoxx. I'm on my first play through and really enjoying it so far (although it's maybe not quite as fun as shooting at the undead!).

Does the difficulty suddenly ramp up or something? I keep hearing that it's ridiculously hard, yet so far (just killed Shank) all of the missions have been rated 'Trivial'. I'm a level 43 Siren.......

Okay.... just hit that difficulty spike with my first encounter with Crawmerax. Fuckity-fuck he's a bit tough!

I'm never going to be able to beat him on my own with my lame Playthrough 1 Siren, so if anyone fancies joining up and taking him on, I'd be well up for it....

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 155
RE: Borderlands - 17/4/2010 11:37:53 PM   
Chojin

I can take down a body part with two critical sniper hits

Easy!

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 156
RE: Borderlands - 18/4/2010 5:51:21 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

I can take down a body part with two critical sniper hits

Easy!

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 157
RE: Borderlands - 19/4/2010 9:08:32 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

Okay.... just hit that difficulty spike with my first encounter with Crawmerax. Fuckity-fuck he's a bit tough!

I'm never going to be able to beat him on my own with my lame Playthrough 1 Siren, so if anyone fancies joining up and taking him on, I'd be well up for it....

Knowing where to phase walk will make it very easy for you from what I've read, it's also quite easy with the soldier, try being a Berserker and facing him, you have nothing to help you whatsoever, my sniper abilities did come in handy, but I actually ended up using my 1054 damage Revolver.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 158
RE: Borderlands - 19/4/2010 12:07:41 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

Knowing where to phase walk will make it very easy for you from what I've read, it's also quite easy with the soldier, try being a Berserker and facing him, you have nothing to help you whatsoever, my sniper abilities did come in handy, but I actually ended up using my 1054 damage Revolver.

Okay mate, thanks for the tip-off. I had a crack at him the other night and got completely owned - what with him being a whole 20 levels above me! I'll have another go or maybe see if I can group up with a few other players....

"What are you gonna do?"

Post #: 159
RE: Borderlands - 13/5/2010 11:27:51 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

Quick question about the DLC disc that's available.  Is it a similar crack to the Fallout / Oblivion GOTYer additions, where you can install the levels to your hard drive and then bin it off?

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 160
RE: Borderlands - 15/5/2010 9:28:17 PM   
Scott_

That Crawmerax is one tough son of a bitch isn't he? As soon as the elevator opened I was dead. I tried it 3 times but didn't get anywhere (as soon as the door opened I was dead) thanks to his whoreish little minions. My Sniper Rifles do almost no damage...Do I have to start playthrough 2 to stand a chance? Or is Co-op the only way?

And what the hell is with the midgets jumping out of fridges?! The little bastard in T-Bone Junction is level 61 and raped me.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 161
RE: Borderlands - 15/5/2010 9:58:01 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

That Crawmerax is one tough son of a bitch isn't he? As soon as the elevator opened I was dead. I tried it 3 times but didn't get anywhere (as soon as the door opened I was dead) thanks to his whoreish little minions. My Sniper Rifles do almost no damage...Do I have to start playthrough 2 to stand a chance? Or is Co-op the only way?

And what the hell is with the midgets jumping out of fridges?! The little bastard in T-Bone Junction is level 61 and raped me.

Likewise dude, I attempted Crawmerax with my level 44 Siren on playthrough 1 and being a whole 20 levels above me, he very quickly presented me with my own arse. I think the only way to stand a chance is to attempt him on Playthrough 2 AND with a group of mates.

Check out Youtube for ways to beat him if you're a siren, but even armed with that knowledge my average life expectancy was less than 5 seconds.

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 162
RE: Borderlands - 15/5/2010 10:45:28 PM   
Chojin

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Likewise dude, I attempted Crawmerax with my level 44 Siren on playthrough 1 and being a whole 20 levels above me, he very quickly presented me with my own arse. I think the only way to stand a chance is to attempt him on Playthrough 2 AND with a group of mates.

Check out Youtube for ways to beat him if you're a siren, but even armed with that knowledge my average life expectancy was less than 5 seconds.

It's actually easier to play on playthrough 1. It's your character level that determines how tough he is. If you play until you're level 61 you'll be fine, but to do this you need to play through 2 playthroughs of everything. I had to replay Dr. Ned and secret armory to get the extra XP. If you've already got the original 1000 and have a level 50 character it's not so tough.

It's character level more than playthrough number.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 163
RE: Borderlands - 27/7/2010 10:42:29 PM   
the anomaly

ALL the DLC is 50% this week ... I've been waiting for this. Too bad I don't have the game and my saves got wiped. Although leveling up should be quite painless. Considering I could just join Joyous's level 50 game and level quickly. Hmmmmmm I loved Borderlands ... but do I have the time?!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 164
RE: Borderlands - 28/7/2010 11:46:16 AM   
Spektre

Thanks for the headsup..I just got the General Knoxx one. (already have the Isle of Dr. Ned which I loved)

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 165
RE: Borderlands - 1/8/2010 8:10:44 AM   
the anomaly

Borderlands is 17.99 at lovefilm I'll probaly need a 2100 points card to get the dlc but I have some points left over. Is the DLC worth buying the game again for? Or should I buy the DLC now and lovefilm it?

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 166
RE: Borderlands - 1/8/2010 8:39:22 AM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Borderlands is 17.99 at lovefilm I'll probaly need a 2100 points card to get the dlc but I have some points left over. Is the DLC worth buying the game again for? Or should I buy the DLC now and lovefilm it?

Dr. Ned/Zed - Average, run through it in a couple of hours and it adds nothing new.
Mad Moxxi - Awful, doesn't add to your weapon XP levels and boring as hell. Only for the achievement junkies
Secret Armoury - Excellent, 11 new player levels, great new guns and a healthy amount of new missions with a quite tough final boss. Recommended for this DLC alone really....great fun in co-op, even with randoms.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 167
RE: Borderlands - 1/8/2010 8:53:59 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Dr. Ned/Zed - Average, run through it in a couple of hours and it adds nothing new.
Mad Moxxi - Awful, doesn't add to your weapon XP levels and boring as hell. Only for the achievement junkies
Secret Armoury - Excellent, 11 new player levels, great new guns and a healthy amount of new missions with a quite tough final boss. Recommended for this DLC alone really....great fun in co-op, even with randoms.

Hmmm I wish I never sold it now. I think I traded it in for MW2. Saying that I may have got 17 for it anyway.

I think I've worked it out now. If I'm just getting the secret armoury ... then maybe i'll just rent it. If I plan to get them all then I may just buy it. Not much co-op out right now and Joy and I enjoyed slugging through this. So maybe the grind of Mad Moxxi won't be so bad?All DLC is half priced anyway.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 1/8/2010 8:54:22 AM >

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 168
RE: Borderlands - 1/8/2010 12:40:34 PM   
Chojin

Mad Moxxi is just plain awful, there's no escaping that :p

I think it's around 10 hours of grinding for the lot.....using a second controller. If you're trying to do it legit you're looking at a lot longer, and a lot more frustration.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 169
RE: Borderlands - 1/8/2010 8:09:53 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

Mad Moxxi is just plain awful, there's no escaping that :p

I think it's around 10 hours of grinding for the lot.....using a second controller. If you're trying to do it legit you're looking at a lot longer, and a lot more frustration.

Well more bang for my buck will make the re-purchase of the game make more sense ... I'll be sure to let you know how fustrated I get. I'll be starting all over again too. Which will hopefully make the Dr Neds DLC more interesting. Not sure if i'll rush out to buy the game or rent ... hmmmmm ...

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 170
RE: Borderlands - 2/8/2010 12:31:00 AM   
chilipenguin

I'm thinking of putting my copy on the swapshop if you fancy getting your mitts on it that way. Let me know if you have anything you want to part with.

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

New short story/portfolio blog online HERE

Post #: 171
RE: Borderlands - 2/8/2010 7:34:53 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: chilipenguin

I'm thinking of putting my copy on the swapshop if you fancy getting your mitts on it that way. Let me know if you have anything you want to part with.

Replied in the swap shop thread.

(in reply to chilipenguin)
Post #: 172
RE: Borderlands - 2/8/2010 1:51:34 PM   
Dark Knight

I caved in last night and bought the Secret Armoury before the offer ended.....

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

Post #: 173
RE: Borderlands - 2/8/2010 3:13:05 PM   
Spektre

I've really been enjoying it, but funnily enough so far the Isle of Dr Ned I think was better! maybe it's because I like zombies.

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 174
RE: Borderlands - 7/8/2010 4:12:16 PM   
DJ Satan

I've just put this in again and my character just dinged L34 on the first playthrough. I've also just unlocked the Crimson Enclave.

Is it worth jumping onto the DLC now or wait until I've played through the full game. Would there be any problems with my level or would it be advantageous to attempt Crawmarax at a lower level?

Edit: I'm playing the sniper.

< Message edited by DJ Satan -- 7/8/2010 4:15:29 PM >

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 175
RE: Borderlands - 7/8/2010 5:27:35 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

I've just put this in again and my character just dinged L34 on the first playthrough. I've also just unlocked the Crimson Enclave.

Is it worth jumping onto the DLC now or wait until I've played through the full game. Would there be any problems with my level or would it be advantageous to attempt Crawmarax at a lower level?
Edit: I'm playing the sniper.

He'll take you to pieces mate. I attempted to fight him when I was level 44, he was Level 64 and the mission was rated as 'Impossible'. That was a pretty accurate description of the difficulty!

I still haven't beaten him so if you (or anyone else) fancies ganging up on Crawmerax, I'd be well up for it....

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 176
RE: Borderlands - 11/8/2010 8:57:37 PM   
From_Hell

More DLC for Borderlands confirmed by Gearbox, called Claptrap's New Robot Revolution

More details here: http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=21607

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 177
RE: Borderlands - 12/8/2010 6:17:55 PM   
Chojin

Nice - will be a day one purchase for me :)

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 178
RE: Borderlands - 12/8/2010 6:42:25 PM   
From_Hell

Same here dude!

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 179
RE: Borderlands - 12/8/2010 8:22:45 PM   
Chojin

If any of you mere mortals feel like running through the new DLC with an immortal level 61 Siren with some maxed weapon stats let me know

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Borderlands Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI