Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Borderlands

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Borderlands Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Borderlands - 24/2/2010 7:18:38 PM   
Chojin

It has 2-3 times the amount of content Zombie Island had....

I'm really enjoying it so far.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 121
RE: Borderlands - 24/2/2010 7:22:07 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I'm still taking part in a gruelling battle that is working my way through Mad Moxxi! 

I had no idea the advanced maps would be so long! God they're dull! Maybe one day I'll get to play on General Knoxx.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 24/2/2010 7:24:42 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 122
RE: Borderlands - 24/2/2010 9:06:37 PM   
the anomaly

There aint no rest for the wicked ... 

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 123
RE: Borderlands - 25/2/2010 12:24:34 PM   
BigKovacs

Bollocks I want to play this now, I'll have to finish Arkham and re-trade it for Borders. Retarded I know but I love this game!

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 124
RE: Borderlands - 25/2/2010 1:29:43 PM   
From_Hell

So what's the level cap been increased to with the new DLC? 60?

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 125
RE: Borderlands - 25/2/2010 5:46:42 PM   
Chojin

But if you're level 50 and select 'playthrough 1' you get next to no XP from the new missions. You'll only get decent amounts if you attempt it on playthrough 2' dificulty.

and as usual the more people in your party, the tougher the enemies and the greater the XP.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 126
RE: Borderlands - 25/2/2010 6:48:41 PM   
Pratt82

Really great game, excellent choice of weaponary but I hated the 'Big Purple Scorpion' looking creatures in the caves. Could I bollocks find a weapon that actually killed them quickly.......had to wait until I died a million times before I learnt to go get a better weapon (slow learner, it's not my fault).

Kept getting killed in a round dome looking room with 3 big enemies, think one was a general, not sure. Got fed up and think I gave up too quickly with it. Traded it in now but will probably rent it later so I can finish it off and get some more achievements. 2010 is looking like a great year for some great titles.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 127
RE: Borderlands - 27/2/2010 9:48:10 AM   
Chojin

I'm still playing General Knoxx and if you're going for all of the achievements you're in for 20-30 Hours of extra playtime :)

Completed the main missions after 5-10 hours of play, and now i'm going back and completing all the side quests. It's great value for money and is that good it redeems 2K for the Moxxi DLC.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 128
RE: Borderlands - 27/2/2010 4:49:32 PM   
Pratt82

Seemed like a huge game when I had it.......thought to myself "does it ever end"?

I'll get it from Lovefilms when I've finished with all the rest on my list, that way I can take my time with it.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 129
RE: Borderlands - 1/3/2010 9:21:17 PM   
sroey

Sweet jesus! anyone fought Crawmerax yet? Hes a level 64 giant crab thing...I think you will need four players all at level 61 with some serious weaponry...he is invincible...

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 130
RE: Borderlands - 1/3/2010 11:52:26 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Spoiler warning would have been nice

tried to start Knoxx the other day as a level 43, just not possible, the drones and the assassins were too difficult for us, the difficulty even said Impossible. We could kill the assassins if we were careful but no chance with the drones.

So instead we continued a second play through on the main game to get up to level 50, we're level 47 or 48 now, will go straight to Knoxx once we hit level 50, I'm not desperate to finish the main story again.

Once we've done knoxx, I'll still have the big three arenas on Underdrome to do! 100 rounds each, does not sound fun at all. If they'd at least have thrown in the ability to save progress so that you could turn the console off and come back to it, I'd be more willing to play through it.

On a seperate note, the recent patch apparantly stops you from farming New Haven, can't say I ever did it. Everytime we booted up into a game and we were in New Haven, sure I'd route through the weapons caches, but not constantly restart the game to make money and get good weapons. I don't see a problem with farming weapons, if someone can really be bothered to keep saving, quitting and reloading then I say go ahead. However, the other feature of the patch, removing modded guns is a welcomed improvement to the game, just absolut cheating, and just ruins the game. It's a great game that I'd rather play properly and not rush through, than cheat my way through it, you may aswell not bother playing if you're going to use one shot kill guns from start to finish.

Here's hoping Microsoft stay consistent and ban anyone who used modded guns for two weeks and wipes their achievements. If they're going to do this for CoD then they need to be consistent right accross the board.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 2/3/2010 12:02:37 AM >

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 131
RE: Borderlands - 2/3/2010 10:33:52 AM   
BigKovacs

Yeah fuck modded guns, I've never some across any in this particular game but to mod weapons where the crux is collect them... what's the damn point???

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

Post #: 132
RE: Borderlands - 2/3/2010 1:07:15 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

tried to start Knoxx the other day as a level 43, just not possible, the drones and the assassins were too difficult for us, the difficulty even said Impossible. We could kill the assassins if we were careful but no chance with the drones.

Ah bummer . So I take it if I start playing this with my Level 41 Siren, I'm going to get a royal shoeing? I don't really want to have to play through the main game again just to level up enough to play the DLC.....

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

Post #: 133
RE: Borderlands - 2/3/2010 7:11:18 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Sweet jesus! anyone fought Crawmerax yet? Hes a level 64 giant crab thing...I think you will need four players all at level 61 with some serious weaponry...he is invincible...

I beat him a second time yesterday, helping my level 49 mate through it....

you get the best loot evar! my shotgun is worth 4.5 million alone.

...and im level 45 shotgun pro :)

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 134
RE: Borderlands - 2/3/2010 10:33:11 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

How long did it take you to reach level 61 Chojin? I'm playing through it on playthrough two (but first go at the DLC) and I'll be honest it's hard as nails, the enemies are constantly too high a level for us, but the extra XP for doing the game on this level and killing them is probably worth it. We've only actually managed four missions so far, the two roadblock ones, the kill 5 drones one and breaking into the prison. Ended up driving round wasteland areas running over Skags for 3000XP a piece, and seeing as other than the one 30k of XP mission they're all 15k of XPit only takes 5 skags to get a missions worth.

Currently level 52.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 135
RE: Borderlands - 3/3/2010 7:54:13 PM   
Chojin

To get to level 50 I played playthrough 1 in full, and then part of playthrough 2 and stopped when I got to 50.

When the new DLC introduced new levels I played Knoxx (Playthrough 1+2), Ned (Playthrough 2, including Brains) and returned to my main game playthrough 2 to get all the missions done.

It took a lot of replaying old missions, and I felt a wreck come Sunday night playing almost non-stop all weekend. Joining games where people are facing Crawmerax also levels you really quickly. My mate went up 2 levels as soon as I killed one of the little enemies around him.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 136
RE: Borderlands - 7/3/2010 12:55:47 PM   
Chojin

Just beat Crawmerax for the fourth time (playthrough 2, with 3 other players) and hit Level 50 for my Shotgun pro. :)

If anyone wants me to dupe my super duper weapons let me know and i'll let you have them.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 137
RE: Borderlands - 10/3/2010 11:13:48 AM   
sroey

No idea how you managed to beat Crawmerax - me and 3 others who were all level 52+ couldnt even make a dent in his minions let alone the big guy himself! playthrough 2 is where all the XP is at - playthrough 1 is apparently a breeze but no.2 makes you work hard! Died plenty of times fighting drones and vehicles.

He is level 64 right? And you still managed to beat him?! Im impressed...one hit from his minions put all of us on our asses!

Ill take some lovely weapons off ya Chojin...

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 138
RE: Borderlands - 19/3/2010 10:14:06 AM   
sroey

Beat Crawmerex last night got a shedload of XP for it! And those guns!! Wooooooooo!

Still I got Gow of War 3 too...OMG!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 139
RE: Borderlands - 26/3/2010 1:11:20 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

How the hell do you beat Crawmerax, we're on our second playthrough, first on General Knoxx and we got to level 61 very early, so no XP needed, not too fussed about the guns, we just want to get the achievement for killing Crawmerax and finishing all the missions, but I have no idea how to do it.

We get bullied by his minions and we don't even scratch him. We're level 61 Soldier and Berserker.

I'm just confused as to how you're meant to cause him any damage without the cheap Siren approach I've read up on. 

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 26/3/2010 9:58:37 AM >

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 140
RE: Borderlands - 26/3/2010 5:49:08 AM   
Chojin

quote:

Ill take some lovely weapons off ya Chojin...

didn't see this sorry - add me on live with a message and i'll gie you all my pearl equipment, only takes a couple of minutes :)

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 141
RE: Borderlands - 30/3/2010 4:12:29 PM   
sroey

Chojin - Ill add you later my good man if I get chance!

SHP - You have to shoot the glowing purple parts on his arms/claws/back and face. It takes a while but does get him. you know you are getting to him when you see the critical hits pouring off him! Ive done it

I agree his minions are a nightmare...you have to have the right elemental weapon to deal with them! Its tough and dieing at that level costs a bomb!

Post #: 142
RE: Borderlands - 30/3/2010 4:32:11 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

Chojin - Ill add you later my good man if I get chance!

SHP - You have to shoot the glowing purple parts on his arms/claws/back and face. It takes a while but does get him. you know you are getting to him when you see the critical hits pouring off him! Ive done it

I agree his minions are a nightmare...you have to have the right elemental weapon to deal with them! Its tough and dieing at that level costs a bomb!

Cheers for the tips, but we managed the other day anyway, probably should have posted, my friend was the soldier and he hid in a corner behind his turret gun shooting away, why I was a Berserker and ran around getting hurt by the minions, I did however take out his back and do some damage using my action skill, but for the most part the soldier behind his turret did the work.

Yeah we did lose a lot of money for dying but it's not really a problem, I have seemingly unlimited money, I can die as many times as I want and buy what I want and the figure never changes from $9,999,999.

Only two achievements left to get now, the completionist one, which I think we missed the Claptrap out for in the prison.

The other is the Loot Midgets, which I think is glitched, I found and killed them all and no achievement, so going to go back and try again, but I'm not convinced. Migh kill Crawmerax one more time in hope to find some decent perleascent weapons to do Mad Moxxi DLC with, as those larger arena matches are far too long with regular weapons. However my Eridian Flamethrower weapon is immense (not sure on the actual name) but it just shoots out fire like a flamethrower and kills everything in sight.

Great game overall, can't wait for Borderland Worlds or whatever they said the sequel was going to be called.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 143
RE: Borderlands - 30/3/2010 4:49:48 PM   
Chojin

I think there's even more DLC planned before that, it'll be nice to use my pearl guns for something.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 144
RE: Borderlands - 30/3/2010 6:04:29 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

I think there's even more DLC planned before that, it'll be nice to use my pearl guns for something.

Wow, I'm definitely waiting for a GOTY edition now. There has to be one in the future!?!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 145
RE: Borderlands - 30/3/2010 6:08:55 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

Wow, I'm definitely waiting for a GOTY edition now. There has to be one in the future!?!

Hmm, not sure, they're releasing the first two on disc, and will no doubt release General Knoxx and whatever the new one will be together aswell. I guess they could follow that up with a GOTY with everything in just like Fallout 3, but I think it'll have been too long by then.

Why does every game get GOTY treatment these days, they can't all be GOTY.

Post #: 146
RE: Borderlands - 30/3/2010 6:21:38 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmm, not sure, they're releasing the first two on disc, and will no doubt release General Knoxx and whatever the new one will be together aswell. I guess they could follow that up with a GOTY with everything in just like Fallout 3, but I think it'll have been too long by then.

Why would it have been too long? Fallout 3 GOTY came out a year after initial release. Borderlands has only been out since Oct/Nov.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 147
RE: Borderlands - 30/3/2010 6:23:08 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why would it have been too long? Fallout 3 GOTY came out a year after initial release. Borderlands has only been out since Oct/Nov.

Context I guess, Fallout 3 had a much larger profile and following, not to mention it was a third in a line of sequels, I think a year on, other than the big fans of the game like myself and a few in this thread, most will have forgotten about the game.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 148
RE: Borderlands - 30/3/2010 6:45:02 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

quote:

quote:

quote:

Context I guess, Fallout 3 had a much larger profile and following, not to mention it was a third in a line of sequels, I think a year on, other than the big fans of the game like myself and a few in this thread, most will have forgotten about the game.

Hmmm I dunno I remember awhile back reading that the sales have been quite positive. Enough for a sequel methinks. If there is no GOTY edition I'll at least wait for the DLC to be disc based. At least then I can save it to Joyous's 360 also. Plus the disc based DLC will drop in price where as the online content won't. I've clocked the game, 1,000G'd it and sold it on already. But I do want to go back to it. Loved it.

Post #: 149
RE: Borderlands - 5/4/2010 4:20:44 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Anyone know of any faults other than getting locked out of the Armory for General Knoxx?

I.e. I've completed every mission, and no completionist achievement, and I've also killed all 5 Loot Midgets in one sitting and that achievement hasn't unlocked either.

Been playing split screen co-op, and I've attempted the loot midgets thing about 4 times now, however my only thinking is I'm player 2 not 1, if I tried being player 1 would that unlock it? Maybe try clearing the cache on the HDD loading the game and leaving the DLC area and fast travel back to it? That's what fixed the dodgy/glitched achievements in the main game/Ned's Island.

I'm stumped, it's stopping me getting all the achievements for the DLC.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Borderlands Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI