Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Borderlands

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Borderlands Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Borderlands - 2/11/2009 7:37:20 AM   
Chojin

quote:

I've not played it in anything more than 2 player at the moment. Though I wanted to know if I am playing in spilit screen mode can I also play online with 2 other players?

Nope, if you play splitscreen you can only have 2 local players with no online friends allowed in!

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 61
RE: Borderlands - 2/11/2009 10:07:00 AM   
BigKovacs

Anomaly, you do get big boss take downs later which area blast in coop. Only a few but they're pretty cool. I can see why people are using Fallout and Halo as examples to use when trying to explain the game but I also agree that it deserves to sit on it's own.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 62
RE: Borderlands - 3/11/2009 1:14:19 PM   
sroey

Finished this the other night, Im a level 35 Soldier...started again on my second playthrough and the enemies level up with you!

I finished the last few levels with a co-op player who was level 50 and proceeded to mow down all in my path - trouble was the last level/mission is chaotic and we ran through most of the enemies! If we had stayed and fought them all Im sure I would have been a level 40 by now...

Playing through on Co-op is a great blast you just need to make sure you get a good bunch of people in there as it can get nasty! I recieved a text message over live wishing my mothers slow painful death! this was from a guy who joined my game, spawned into the other side of the map and proceeded to get battered - I didnt reach him in time to revive him. He was in the game a full 2 mins.

Kind of off topic but do Xbox live complaints actually do anything?

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 63
RE: Borderlands - 3/11/2009 1:41:36 PM   
Yeti

Barely. My Rep is all over the place.

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 64
RE: Borderlands - 8/11/2009 5:15:02 PM   
From_Hell

Does anyone know if the difficulty of the mission dictates the weapons/loot that you receive for successfully completing the mission? I.e. would you receive a better gun/shield/upgrade/whatever and more money for completing a 'hard' mission compared to what you'd get for completing a 'trivial' mission?

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 65
RE: Borderlands - 8/11/2009 5:25:15 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Does anyone know if the difficulty of the mission dictates the weapons/loot that you receive for successfully completing the mission? I.e. would you receive a better gun/shield/upgrade/whatever and more money for completing a 'hard' mission compared to what you'd get for completing a 'trivial' mission?

Weapons are dictated by:

------------------------------------------------------------------
-Number of players in the game (the more in the game, the better the weapon, but the smaller the chance you'll be the one to grab it)

-How far into the game you are. I didn't find that trivial missions gave shitter weapons. It's rather random.

I let randoms join my game on my second playthrough when all I cared about was levelling up as I wanted tougher enemies in order to progress faster - but I soon tired of randoms grabbing all the guns and when the cunts even had the cheek to complete missions for me (hence grabbing all the guns you got for completing them, I had about 5 to turn in)

So beware of the random, for the door swings both ways.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 66
RE: Borderlands - 8/11/2009 5:40:51 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

quote:

Weapons are dictated by:

-Number of players in the game (the more in the game, the better the weapon, but the smaller the chance you'll be the one to grab it)

-How far into the game you are. I didn't find that trivial missions gave shitter weapons. It's rather random.

I let randoms join my game on my second playthrough when all I cared about was levelling up as I wanted tougher enemies in order to progress faster - but I soon tired of randoms grabbing all the guns and when the cunts even had the cheek to complete missions for me (hence grabbing all the guns you got for completing them, I had about 5 to turn in)

So beware of the random, for the door swings both ways.

Cheers. I hadn't really noticed any difference either, but I wanted to check...

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 67
RE: Borderlands - 8/11/2009 5:56:40 PM   
juanvasquez

I've played this for a couple of hours now. It's entertaining but getting quite monotonous. I just hope the scenery changes sometime soon.

I'm playing as a soldier and at the moment I'm level 11. Favourite weapons so far are the assault rifles. So far the majority of missions have been a breeze, but there have been a couple were I have died a few times.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 68
RE: Borderlands - 8/11/2009 7:33:40 PM   
From_Hell

The mission where you have to get Sledge's mine key gave me some problems - I died ALOT. Other than that, it's been reasonably challenging without being stupidly tough. I just finished the first area in the game and moved onto the second. I'm really enjoying Borderlands so far - particularly now I've got a few Elemental Weapons (the pistol that shoots explosive bullets is very satisfying), but I am getting quite fed up with the fucking Skags...

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 69
RE: Borderlands - 8/11/2009 8:54:31 PM   
Chojin

I managed to get all the way up to Level 35 with the Shotgun. I didn't even have to change my tactics once I got to my second playthrough.

Using a harsh shotgun to the face, combined with phasewalking (which heals you, whilst dealing damage) meant I was hardly getting downed at all. My phasewalk was lasting 10 seconds each time and fully healing me, and killing an enemy decreased cooldown by 3 seconds or so.

and because my shotgun skill is so high even the ones that take an age to reload now reload instantly. It really is worth sticking with just one gun type.

Easy.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 70
RE: Borderlands - 13/11/2009 8:42:04 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

I've played this for a couple of hours now. It's entertaining but getting quite monotonous. I just hope the scenery changes sometime soon.

I'm playing as a soldier and at the moment I'm level 11. Favourite weapons so far are the assault rifles. So far the majority of missions have been a breeze, but there have been a couple were I have died a few times.

I know what you mean. When I've put the hours in there was a point where I just switched off. I had no idea what was going on plot wise but I just let Joyous set the mission. I would follow her lead; KILL SKAG/BANDIT, LOOT, GO TO MISSION, KILL SKAG/BANDIT LOOT etc.  But I think that's because we had played it for most of the day ... and it got to about 1:00am. It's pretty addictive even if you don't know whats going on. It's just a fun game and co-op pushes you through any lulls in fun.

The scenery changes a bit. When you open up new locations. I was just getting bored of the first hub/map. But you finish there and move onto another section. There are no more Skags either! But it's all just wasteland still so far. Though changes have been enough now to keep me interested and still love the graphics.

DLC has been confirmed and dated for the 24th November; http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/104/1044437p1.html . Too soon? It just brings up the age old "why didn't they put it in the game"? argument. Which is worthy of course. I'll wait and see. If it's a substantial add on and I've found the game to be brimming with content already, then I may decide it's a worthy additon. If not then i'll leave it.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 13/11/2009 8:51:54 AM >

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 71
RE: Borderlands - 13/11/2009 7:48:36 PM   
From_Hell

Now I've done some levelling up, built up my character a bit and I'm not getting my ass handed to me everytime I get into a fight, I'm really enjoying this. I'm level 22, and I'm still not really seeing any decent weapons yet though. Apart from a rocket launcher (which is disappointing), and sniper rifle, none of my other weapons have have damage capabilities over about 60. Arse! Must play it more and search for more weapons!

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 72
RE: Borderlands - 25/11/2009 1:13:45 PM   
From_Hell

So the Zombie Island DLC was released yesterday... has anybody played it yet? I saw it at a mates house last night and it looked quite promising. Zombies are always a welcome addition to any game!

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 73
RE: Borderlands - 25/11/2009 7:04:53 PM   
Chojin

quote:

So the Zombie Island DLC was released yesterday... has anybody played it yet? I saw it at a mates house last night and it looked quite promising. Zombies are always a welcome addition to any game!

I've bought it but not had a chance to have a go yet. I'll probably be grabbing the 125GS this weekend

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 74
RE: Borderlands - 26/11/2009 8:45:44 AM   
From_Hell

I also bought it last night. It only took about 10 minutes to download which, for my connection speed, leads me to assume that the download just unlocks content that is already on the disc.....

I played it for about 30 minutes and it looks very promising though...

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 75
RE: Borderlands - 27/11/2009 10:40:50 PM   
Chojin

Ran through the missions in an hour, the headshot achievement took an additional 60-90 minutes.

.....meh.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 76
RE: Borderlands - 28/11/2009 10:10:15 AM   
From_Hell

Wow that's quick! I don't know how far through it I am, but I've already spent 4 hours on it...

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 77
RE: Borderlands - 28/11/2009 11:35:31 AM   
Chojin

quote:

Wow that's quick! I don't know how far through it I am, but I've already spent 4 hours on it...

I did run through it as quickly as possible with my lvl 50 Siren purely going for achievements ;)

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 78
RE: Borderlands - 28/11/2009 6:42:04 PM   
From_Hell

Just finished Dr. Ned's. It took me around 8 hours in total, but I was taking my time, having a good sniff around and did all the bounty board missions. From start to finish I thought it was excellent - great change of scenery and the dark humour was very good. Hopefully future DLC will be of the same high quality...

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 79
RE: Borderlands - 30/11/2009 12:11:45 PM   
Brobe

If you've not got it yet it's 17.99 on Play, today only - Clicky!
I haven't got it, would you guys recommend it, for the price??

< Message edited by Brobe -- 30/11/2009 12:12:08 PM >

Bow ties are cool.

PSN ID: Paperchris

http://twitter.com/iamchriswright

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 80
RE: Borderlands - 30/11/2009 1:16:07 PM   
From_Hell

It's a great FPS/RPG hybrid, looks good, great weapons and some fun boss fights. The recent DLC was also excellent. To be fair, it does get a tad repetitive in places, and it takes a couple of hours to get going.

I'd say £17.99 for the game is a complete steal

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to Brobe)
Post #: 81
RE: Borderlands - 2/12/2009 3:19:35 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

It's a great FPS/RPG hybrid, looks good, great weapons and some fun boss fights. The recent DLC was also excellent. To be fair, it does get a tad repetitive in places, and it takes a couple of hours to get going.

Indeed. Check some reviews etc. If it sounds like your kind of game go for it. Co-Op does make it so much better though. So if you can play with a few mates that would be ideal. At the very least drop into some online games every now and again.

I've completed it now. Started my second playthrough. Been great so far got to level 40 pretty quickly. Though I'll probaly do the game again and just try to fly through. May pick up the DLC when I get some cash. I'm hoping to max out the achievements on this.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 82
RE: Borderlands - 3/12/2009 10:05:50 AM   
BigKovacs

It is easy to get a full cheevy score on this. There are a few bugs but you can iron them out on a second playthrough, they're fun as well.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

Post #: 83
RE: Borderlands - 3/12/2009 1:11:11 PM   
Brobe

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

Indeed. Check some reviews etc. If it sounds like your kind of game go for it. Co-Op does make it so much better though. So if you can play with a few mates that would be ideal. At the very least drop into some online games every now and again.

I've completed it now. Started my second playthrough. Been great so far got to level 40 pretty quickly. Though I'll probaly do the game again and just try to fly through. May pick up the DLC when I get some cash. I'm hoping to max out the achievements on this.

Thanks guys, I did end up ordering it from Play the other night at about 11.50pm, so just getting it at that price, it's now discounted but to £22.99, in case anyone else is interested in it, probably come through the post tomorrow. I'd been intrigued by it after seeing the style and read a few reviews and things, I look forward to giving it a go, and indeed for that price and so soon after release is great.

Bow ties are cool.

PSN ID: Paperchris

http://twitter.com/iamchriswright

Post #: 84
RE: Borderlands - 3/12/2009 4:58:16 PM   
Jodan_King

I found it helpful to stop comparing the game to Fallout 3.  Once I stopped that I really enjoyed just trying to get the biggest gun possible - got a very enjoyable shotgun with a zoom scope - initially thought 'whats the point in that?'  then got a head shot on an adult skag from quite a distance, surpisingly effective!

"I'm storming your castle on my steed m'lady!"

(in reply to Brobe)
Post #: 85
RE: Borderlands - 3/12/2009 8:20:04 PM   
From_Hell

Yeah, Fallout 3 it is not... Even the whole post-apocalyptic thing is done very differently. I think Mr. Yeti summed it up best when he said something like 'it's not Fallout 3, it's not Halo 3 it's... just Borderlands'

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to Jodan_King)
Post #: 86
RE: Borderlands - 1/1/2010 9:45:47 PM   
Chojin

My thoughts on DLC #02 which I also posted on 360a

There seems to be a number of things which the developers have left out of this DLC which by now are surely no brainers?

1. Punishing your failure. Why repeat a wave when you fail? you've already proven you can do it and the waves are lengthy enough as it is without even more repetition. If it didn't throw you a wave back each time and you could save your progress like the campaign arena missions I would have done them all legit instead of splitscreen.

2. Weapon drops. absolute shite like others have said. no incentive to play on.

3. Frame rate issues. I was playing the close quarters extended arena and for the last 8 or so rounds the frame-rate was unplayable. Bodies don't disappear so there was a pile of 500+ bodies across the map making the frame rate take a nose dive. Do I care about playing the game, or seeing dead bodies? Hmmmmm. :/

4. Custom Search. If you want to join a game you have to hope you find a DLC game, there's no way to customise your search. You end up getting a load of 'off the bus' games.

5. Price. 800MSP.....seems like the standard price nowadays but this shouldn't be the same price as something like Fallout 3 DLC.

6. No Weapon XP. Once you're lvl 50 EXP doesn't matter, but it would have been nice/fucking standard to give players gun XP to raise the levels of guns they haven't used, rather than giving the player sweet FA

I don't think the amount of time it takes to complete would have been an issue if a few of the above would have been seen to. They all seem like very obvious things which seem to have been missed.

I think it takes the crown for worst DLC i've ever downloaded. Research before buying. I would only buy it if you care about having 100% in the game.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 87
RE: Borderlands - 2/1/2010 4:28:40 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

My thoughts on DLC #02 which I also posted on 360a

There seems to be a number of things which the developers have left out of this DLC which by now are surely no brainers?

1. Punishing your failure. Why repeat a wave when you fail? you've already proven you can do it and the waves are lengthy enough as it is without even more repetition. If it didn't throw you a wave back each time and you could save your progress like the campaign arena missions I would have done them all legit instead of splitscreen.

2. Weapon drops. absolute shite like others have said. no incentive to play on.

3. Frame rate issues. I was playing the close quarters extended arena and for the last 8 or so rounds the frame-rate was unplayable. Bodies don't disappear so there was a pile of 500+ bodies across the map making the frame rate take a nose dive. Do I care about playing the game, or seeing dead bodies? Hmmmmm. :/

4. Custom Search. If you want to join a game you have to hope you find a DLC game, there's no way to customise your search. You end up getting a load of 'off the bus' games.

5. Price. 800MSP.....seems like the standard price nowadays but this shouldn't be the same price as something like Fallout 3 DLC.

6. No Weapon XP. Once you're lvl 50 EXP doesn't matter, but it would have been nice/fucking standard to give players gun XP to raise the levels of guns they haven't used, rather than giving the player sweet FA

I don't think the amount of time it takes to complete would have been an issue if a few of the above would have been seen to. They all seem like very obvious things which seem to have been missed.

I think it takes the crown for worst DLC i've ever downloaded. Research before buying. I would only buy it if you care about having 100% in the game.

Shame, after the main game and Dr. Ned's were so good I was looking forward to this. So there's no new storyline or missions? It's just an arena where you fight stuff?

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 88
RE: Borderlands - 2/1/2010 5:18:32 PM   
Chojin

Just an arena with waves of enemies....there's a quick cut scene at the start but no ending cinematic.

3 areas with 20 rounds of 5 waves. 300 rounds in total.

You also have to do 100 in one sitting as it doesn't save your progress. I did one of the areas earlier and it took 3+ hours.

Dr. Zed/Ned/Whatever is a gaming masterpeice compared to this DLC.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 89
RE: Borderlands - 2/1/2010 6:09:14 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

Just an arena with waves of enemies....there's a quick cut scene at the start but no ending cinematic.

3 areas with 20 rounds of 5 waves. 300 rounds in total.

You also have to do 100 in one sitting as it doesn't save your progress. I did one of the areas earlier and it took 3+ hours.

Dr. Zed/Ned/Whatever is a gaming masterpeice compared to this DLC.

It sounds pretty lame! Thanks for the heads-up, I think I'll give this a miss and wait hope than any future DLC is of the same quality as Dr. Zed/Ned/Ted/Fred

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Borderlands Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI