Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Science Fiction Art Books

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> Science Fiction Art Books Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Science Fiction Art Books - 24/7/2009 7:23:37 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Years ago when i was at high school i always remember the library there having these fantastic science fiction art books that i used to love looking through, pouring over the fantastic art and pictures depicting alien worlds, spaceships and strange creatures and beings on these alien lanscapes. It's something that I'd kind of forgotten about for many years though until recently.

Does anyone else remember books like these? The ones in my school library were big hard back things, real thick with hundreds of pages of beautiful drawings and imaginings. I'd really love to pick something like this up somewhere but don't even know where to begin to look as it's quite a specific thing. I don't know the names of any of the artists (as there were just so many drawings in these books) or of the books themselves.

Can anyone help me out here please and possibly let me know where i might be able to find books like these or titles so i can look myself? I'd really appreciate it. These books really captured my imagination as a youngster and I would love to obtain some to look through again.

You know the kind of thing, full colour detailed drawings of fantastic alien worlds and creatures etc. Fantastic alien cities or futuristic spacecraft having crash landed on some strange alien world.

Many thanks.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!
Post #: 1
RE: Science Fiction Art Books - 24/7/2009 2:27:00 PM   
richCie

never come across those before but they sound cool.

A Blog!! http://richcie.wordpress.com//

#5 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 2
RE: Science Fiction Art Books - 27/7/2009 9:46:48 AM   
sharkboy

List of artists here: http://www.scifi-art.info/scifi-artists.html

I'm sure you can slot the names into Amazon and see what comes up!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 3
RE: Science Fiction Art Books - 27/7/2009 6:23:17 PM   
OddCinema

H.R. Giger's always a good place to start - his work was the basis of the aliens from the Alien series.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Science Fiction Art Books - 29/7/2009 3:17:57 PM   
hozay

I used to have a copy of a fantastic book called Mythopoeikon by the artist Patrick Woodroffe that had some of the best aliens/alien landscapes I've seen.A lot of his work was for SF book covers and record covers.Well worth a look if you can find a copy.Try the local library.

(in reply to OddCinema)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> Science Fiction Art Books Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI