Mark Chadbourn

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> Mark Chadbourn Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mark Chadbourn - 23/7/2009 12:56:06 AM   
KennyM

Okay, I picked up a couple of his books from the library..Jack of Ravens and The Burning Man, without realising they contain characters from previous books...should I go back and read these books first or do they stand alone themselves?

Are they any good?
Post #: 1
RE: Mark Chadbourn - 5/8/2009 4:02:33 AM   
O_Goncho

Haven't read Jack of Ravens or The Burning Man, but I can tell you that the Age of Misrule trilogy (which you can now get in one collected paperback) is a really good read and I'd recommend investing in them; they're quite epic fantasy novels, but with a modern twist, and they're very character-driven, which I found refreshing at the time. So yeah, I say go for it.

***My wild and wacky Film Diary 2009***

(in reply to KennyM)
Post #: 2
RE: Mark Chadbourn - 15/9/2009 12:22:02 AM   
fridgehopper

I would definately recommend them.  I've been a big fan of Mark Chadbourn for about 7 years now.  I would recommend going back and starting from the Age of Misrule trilogy; as was mentioned, it comes in one paperback so it's inexpensive to buy and I would say it's worth it as I think you'll appreciate what happens in the last trilogy more if you've started from the beginning.  The character and story arcs of the whole series of nine books is phemonenal and so detailed and unpredictable that while you could pick up the books from any trilogy and read them stand alone,  it's far more rewarding to start at the beginning.  I reckon if you started with Jack of Ravens and enjoyed it, you'd kick yourself for not reading the first two trilogies first.  Hope that helps!

(in reply to O_Goncho)
Post #: 3
RE: Mark Chadbourn - 21/9/2009 11:57:48 AM   
KennyM

tried my hardest but couldnt get into them...the problem is i've kind of gone off the fantasy/horror genre at the moment...I go through stages where i read loads of books of the same genre in a period of time, as I'm sure others do too. I'm at crime fiction just now, so I reckon I'll maybe give the books a try another time, but start from the beginning.

(in reply to fridgehopper)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> Mark Chadbourn Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI