Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 24/8/2009 1:13:34 PM   
general_potatoface

Bill definitely said that some of the more powerful vampires can shapeshift. Doesn't exclude non-vamp shapeshifters though.

Jason was hilarious in episode 5 high on V. Episode 6 was really great shaping up into a true mystery show. The murderer targeting women who've associated with vampires and all.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 91
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 24/8/2009 8:27:55 PM   
losthighway

Argh you both remember better than me... old age!

I'm just really looking forward to seeing how they show Sam shapeshifting...

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to general_potatoface)
Post #: 92
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 26/8/2009 1:15:34 AM   
*emz6*

Just watched the first episode and really really liked it. Its got the kind of setting and tone i really like, i love that sort of Americana style. I love the music and i like all the characters so far. I noticed they stressed the moment with the dog quite a bit and towards the end of the episode i felt that prehaps the bar owner was a shape-shifter of some kind (the dogs reaction to Bill and Sookie, plus dog painting in his office etc) and judging by some of the recent comments on here that might be accurate. There were a couple of moments early on when i thought it literally was Twilight for adults but having watched the whole episode i think its going to develop into far more than that. I like the adult tone to it, the language, sex, and violence at the end because i dont like it when shows pull the punches and lets face it in reality people swear like anything, some dirty folk have lots of random sex, and violence of all kinds exists so im really ok with the show on all those fronts.Really excited to watch the rest of the episodes ive been looking for a new show to get into seeing as Weeds is coming to an end for this season and there isnt really an hour long drama that im following at the mo. Well now i have True Blood, i hope it lives up to the potential shown in the pilot. Oh and i love the title sequence. 

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 93
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 26/8/2009 3:14:13 PM   
*emz6*

Just watched epis 2 and 3, now im totally into it. I love the Grandma character and theres some great comedy in it as well. I like how they are fleshing out the characters particularly Tara (who could have been just a mouthy annoying friend but is actually given some good background with her mother issues). So the dog was seen in the same shot as Sam so maybe theres something a little different going on there to what i first thought but there is definately something going on with the dog. Im gonna buy the series on dvd i think when it comes out.

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 94
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 27/8/2009 2:44:41 AM   
*emz6*

ahhhhhhhhh no!!! not the grandma i loved her!

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 95
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 27/8/2009 7:13:56 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: *emz6*

ahhhhhhhhh no!!! not the grandma i loved her!

I was waiting for that after you said she was one of your favourite characters.....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 96
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 27/8/2009 1:49:14 PM   
*emz6*

it was really unexpected i thought they had set her up as a long running character! i actually had my mouth open in shock when Sookie found her, such a good show!

Post #: 97
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 29/8/2009 12:17:42 PM   
Riddick_J

How hot was the girl who Jason hooked up with, GOD DAMN.  Episode was pretty good to.

I'm not saying i don't trust you and I'm not saying i do, but i don't.

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 98
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 29/8/2009 9:17:21 PM   
davie_rfc

Lizzy Caplan True Blood just got even better

"This whole festival was put together by twenty third-graders with lots of chutzpah and one panda!"

(in reply to Riddick_J)
Post #: 99
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 30/8/2009 12:38:12 AM   
*emz6*

i couldnt figure out where i knew her from for ages then it suddenly hit me. Its Janis! Mean Girls for the win lol

(in reply to davie_rfc)
Post #: 100
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 30/8/2009 1:20:04 AM   
losthighway

Great episode - although yet again, they've changed loads from the book. Jason (unawares) goes off with a vampire in the book... Will she fang up we think!??

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 101
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 30/8/2009 1:18:41 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

Great episode - although yet again, they've changed loads from the book. Jason (unawares) goes off with a vampire in the book... Will she fang up we think!??

A spoiler alert would have been nice as that might yet happen......

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 30/8/2009 1:19:16 PM >

Post #: 102
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 30/8/2009 5:04:46 PM   
davie_rfc

quote:

i couldnt figure out where i knew her from for ages then it suddenly hit me. Its Janis! Mean Girls for the win lol

Also Marlena from Cloverfield

"This whole festival was put together by twenty third-graders with lots of chutzpah and one panda!"

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 103
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 30/8/2009 11:51:54 PM   
losthighway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

A spoiler alert would have been nice as that might yet happen......

Sorry!!!  Although I took the risk because I didn't think vamps could drink each others blood!

Post #: 104
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 30/8/2009 11:57:26 PM   
*emz6*

ive raced through season 1 and am now on season 2. Without spoiling anything, i was not expecting the killer to be the person it was, i had suspicions about other characters but really didnt see it coming as being that person. Which is good

< Message edited by *emz6* -- 31/8/2009 8:41:16 PM >

Post #: 105
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 31/8/2009 7:53:02 PM   
Merly

I love True Blood

The sex and swearing doesn't bother me at all

I love Tara. The girl is hilarious. I love the story with her and her mum too, the whole demon thing. lol

Jason is a complete tool but utterley lovable and don't get me started on Lafayette. He's so funny.

Trouble is I hate BIll. lol He really annoys me. Thats gonna be a problem isn't it?

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 106
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 31/8/2009 8:42:54 PM   
*emz6*

maybe not, i can see where your coming from he is slightly annoying at times i think its because his dialogue is very specific because he is suppose to come from another time really. Have you got as far as Eric yet? In the second season he looks hot if i was Sookie id switch vampires lol

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 107
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 31/8/2009 10:46:58 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

maybe not, i can see where your coming from he is slightly annoying at times i think its because his dialogue is very specific because he is suppose to come from another time really. Have you got as far as Eric yet? In the second season he looks hot if i was Sookie id switch vampires lol

I'm not normally one for making a fuss about spoilers and such like but this is the second time in a matter of days, I didn't want to know that Eric is in Season 2, for all I know he could die sometime during Season 1. I thought this was a place to discuss True Blood at FX speed, people talking about Season 2 and the books isn't really on. Especially when 'invisitext' isn't used....

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 108
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 31/8/2009 10:59:27 PM   
*emz6*

sorry i apologise i would normally preface stuff with a spoiler warning i just didnt think it was really spoiler-worthy seeing as you can clearly see on imdb which actors have been present in a large number of the episodes etc

as i said im sorry but dont worry i really havent spoiled anything major at all.

Post #: 109
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 1/9/2009 4:21:01 AM   
Zaphod121

OMG SOOKIE DIES IN SEASON 1 FINALE!!!.......

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 110
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 1/9/2009 9:33:32 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

sorry i apologise i would normally preface stuff with a spoiler warning i just didnt think it was really spoiler-worthy seeing as you can clearly see on imdb which actors have been present in a large number of the episodes etc

as i said im sorry but dont worry i really havent spoiled anything major at all.

Well I didn't think you had, but for all I know you could have done as I am watching at FX speed, comments on season 2 aren't really welcome. I don't look at IMDB for that exact reason, it's not spoiler free. Anyway, apology accepted

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 111
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 5/9/2009 12:13:41 PM   
Riddick_J

Turns out Jason's new girlfriends is a bit of a bitch aint she, guy cant catch a break. That Eric guy is a pretty cool character, seems like he'd rip your face off if you got him pissed.

I'm not saying i don't trust you and I'm not saying i do, but i don't.

Post #: 112
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 5/9/2009 12:58:57 PM   
losthighway

quote:

quote:

I'm not normally one for making a fuss about spoilers and such like but this is the second time in a matter of days, I didn't want to know that Eric is in Season 2, for all I know he could die sometime during Season 1. I thought this was a place to discuss True Blood at FX speed, people talking about Season 2 and the books isn't really on. Especially when 'invisitext' isn't used....

Have to say I totally disagree with you here YFU... I don't see knowing that Eric is in till the end of S1 as a spoiler, nor do I have issue with folks discussing S2 - or the books for tha matter - as long as it wouldn't knowingly spoil any elements from S1.

I say discuss away, yes it's FX speed and that is what is being discussed along with some discussion of elements that differ from the books for those (like myself and others) who have read it ad are now able to compare. Agreed spoiler notices should be used but only if the info is deemed to be detremental to the enjoyment of the rest of the season. Eric is a minor secondary character in S1, so emz6 was right imo.

As for last night's episode, yet to watch it!

Post #: 113
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 5/9/2009 2:36:02 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

quote:

quote:

Have to say I totally disagree with you here YFU... I don't see knowing that Eric is in till the end of S1 as a spoiler, nor do I have issue with folks discussing S2 - or the books for tha matter - as long as it wouldn't knowingly spoil any elements from S1.

I say discuss away, yes it's FX speed and that is what is being discussed along with some discussion of elements that differ from the books for those (like myself and others) who have read it ad are now able to compare. Agreed spoiler notices should be used but only if the info is deemed to be detremental to the enjoyment of the rest of the season. Eric is a minor secondary character in S1, so emz6 was right imo.

As for last night's episode, yet to watch it!

The thread is titled 'True Blood (FXUK Speed)' so Season 2 shouldn't really be discussed at all seen as we're still only halfway through Season 1. The only reason you know Eric is a minor secondary character is because you've read the book and Em has seen Season 2. For all I know he could be a major character in the second half of the season and his life is in danger and knowing he is in Season 2 would be a spoiler to me. I see what you're saying that it isn't a spoiler, but to me, it still could be.

Post #: 114
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 5/9/2009 4:39:02 PM   
*emz6*

What episode was on last night? I dont have FX so i watched all the episodes on surfthechannel. Ive recently just got two of my mates watching the show as well, im spreading the True Blood love!

Post #: 115
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 5/9/2009 4:58:54 PM   
Funkyrae

Spreading the love is good, talking about True Blood is great.  The thing with spoilers however is that however minor one person might think it is, it's a huge thing to someone else.  If anything is likely to be discussed about a series that hasn't aired on the main channel yet then please put it into invisitext and give a spoiler alert.  Doesn't take much but is a wonderful amount of consideration for others.

And we like it when people are nice.  It takes us to our happy place.  Happy...happy....

That's me that is!

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 116
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 5/9/2009 5:34:13 PM   
losthighway

You're positively glowing with serenity Funkyrae!

As for those pesky spoilers, well if i knew how to use invistext I would!?  At present, something like this (***SPOILERS!!!***) will have to suffice.

Oh and emz, there's now four episodes left of S1.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 117
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 5/9/2009 5:47:20 PM   
Captain Black

There's a button in the tool bar, looks like this, click it, choose white. If that's too difficult then don't post. If you want to post about S2 then I'm pretty sure there's a US speed thread. If not, start one.

Edit: I've named this US speed.
http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1551941&mpage=2

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 5/9/2009 5:52:09 PM >

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

Post #: 118
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 5/9/2009 5:56:30 PM   
losthighway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

There's a button in the tool bar, looks like this, click it, choose white. If that's too difficult then don't post. If you want to post about S2 then I'm pretty sure there's a US speed thread. If not, start one.

Edit: I've named this US speed.
http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1551941&mpage=2

WOW!!! I actually thought there was a specific button to press or way of doing it... That is all I was suggesting/asking! As for not posting, I started this thread so will continue to post in it as enjoy discussing the show!

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 119
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 5/9/2009 6:24:06 PM   
elab49

Complete invisotext is the code in the Capn's sig - amd we all agree the button option would be a helpful upgrade next time the Empire peeps muck around with the site (along with merge threads, etc.).

The problem here is - and it's too late to change the purpose of the thread in that regard - that it specifically states it is FX UK speed. Anything beyond the episode shown last Friday must comply with the spoiler guidelines posted by Sharkboy on the main page. It isn't fair to everyone else who posts if it doesn't and just the word spoilers really isn't much help when you're scrolling down pages - threads like the Dr who one have shown that I'm afraid.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI