Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 28/7/2009 5:34:27 PM   
Caster

I'll stick with Twilight anyday.

(in reply to 24Dan)
Post #: 31
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 28/7/2009 5:42:28 PM   
Zaphod121

Funny guy that Caster

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 28/7/2009 7:29:32 PM >

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 32
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 28/7/2009 5:44:16 PM   
HIM

So's that Caster.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 33
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 28/7/2009 7:30:10 PM   
Zaphod121

No idea what your talking about

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 34
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 28/7/2009 11:16:22 PM   
CORLEONE

Enjoyed 2nd ep. Jason was hilarious when he realised he hadn't killed that woman. AND when he did the American Psycho thing by posing in the mirror while having sex! Interested in the whole dog thing, definitely hinting at something. And as someone said on previous page, the them song is quality.

Pisses all over Twilight.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 35
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 29/7/2009 9:16:57 AM   
losthighway

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

Enjoyed 2nd ep. Jason was hilarious when he realised he hadn't killed that woman. AND when he did the American Psycho thing by posing in the mirror while having sex! Interested in the whole dog thing, definitely hinting at something. And as someone said on previous page, the them song is quality.

Good call Corleone... I spotted that too but had forgot about it.

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 36
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 30/7/2009 5:09:39 PM   
kram20

Thought it was an excellent start to what I`m hoping is going to be an excellent season.I read that its being made by the same people who made Six Feet Under the evening after I watched the first episode.Glad I didnt read it before hand cause I probably wouldnt have watched it.Absolutely hated Six Feet Under!

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 37
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 30/7/2009 8:40:16 PM   
Winchester Bunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

Good call Corleone... I spotted that too but had forgot about it.

I thought that was funny too, plus it brought back memories of christian bale

Post #: 38
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 31/7/2009 9:56:49 AM   
losthighway

The book arrived yesterday and i've just finished reading the first chapter. The writing is good, breezy and keeps your interest, plus the first episode is incredibly faithful to the book - all they've done is flesh out some of the events which are mentioned but not fully explored, e.g. the woman who Jason has strung up). Oh and the first chapter ends after Sookie has been revived by Bill's blood and not at the end of her beating - makes sense in cliffhanger terms.

No sex scenes as yet though!

(in reply to Winchester Bunny)
Post #: 39
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 31/7/2009 10:22:08 AM   
CORLEONE

quote:

The book arrived yesterday and i've just finished reading the first chapter. The writing is good, breezy and keeps your interest, plus the first episode is incredibly faithful to the book - all they've done is flesh out some of the events which are mentioned but not fully explored, e.g. the woman who Jason has strung up). Oh and the first chapter ends after Sookie has been revived by Bill's blood and not at the end of her beating - makes sense in cliffhanger terms.

I'll give it a miss then

We Virgin Media viewers got FX HD yesterday so looking forward to seeing some crystal clear vampiric action tonight.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

Post #: 40
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 31/7/2009 10:35:53 AM   
Blunderbuss

Caught Ep 2 last night having missed Ep 1.  I have to admit that my reaction was very much 'hmmm' and nothing more.  There seems to be some potential there but it looks like the producers are going for a slow burn start rather than coming out of the gate at a gallop with plot developments so its going to take a few more Eps before I can form a firm opinion on the show.

The Southern-Gothic millieu isn't the most original but it does make a nice change from the Californian or 'Canada-standing-in-for-the-USA' settings that are the common choices for shows like this.  The acting is on the whole pretty good once you atune your ear to the heavy Southern accents on display, especially Sookie's.  Its also nice, for once, to have a vampire drama on the screen that actually deals with adult themes rather than using vampirism as a metaphor for teenage sexual awakening and the fear of intimacy.  Don't get me wrong, the likes of the Twilight saga have their place, and I will always have a soft spot for Buffy and Angel, but I think there was a definite danger of the vampire genre becoming the sole preserve of pre & post-pubescent teenagers on screen.

I keep on watching for now and see how the show pans out.  For now I'm reserving judgement.

"oh you don't want to shoot him. You'll just make him mad"

Post #: 41
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 31/7/2009 2:00:52 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

Don't worry there will be

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Post #: 42
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 31/7/2009 9:19:03 PM   
theoriginalcynic

It's nothing like Twilight according to Miss Paquin. 

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 43
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 1/8/2009 10:31:41 AM   
losthighway

Episode 3:

More sex, attempted rape, a very hot blood bang, vamps at speed and some slightly dodgy acting which made me have flashbacks to Queen of the Damned.

My liking of this veered grealy last night from total surprise (the gay vamp/blood bang action) to feeling like I was watching a STDVD feature to enjoying it again. It seems to be walking the line of STDVD trash and decent TV.

Oh and the dog made another appearance after Sam had awoken from stupping his employee. There's just so much sex, which isn't a prude issue on my part, just a slightly dull plot point on the various narratives. I'm now getting towards the end of Chapter 2 in the book (which is the opener of episode 3 - interesting factoid: in the book it's not called Hep D, it's Sino-virus/AIDS) and in all honesty, the events they have embelished upon have all been to add extra sex.

I'm really enjoying the book (more than the show at the minute if totally honest) and yeah I am enjoying the show; I just really wish there was more story and less sex tbh!

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 44
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 3/8/2009 9:34:19 AM   
Winchester Bunny

Well that tara girl made a comment about sam barking in his sleep so the dog mystery deepens

Post #: 45
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 3/8/2009 10:30:04 AM   
CORLEONE

That bartender's defintely a lycanthrope. Or they're teasing us.

Post #: 46
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 4/8/2009 9:24:07 AM   
losthighway

MILD SPOILER!

I'm on Chapter 10 of the book (near the end now) and there's been no mention of Sam as a lycanthrope. In fact, his character, Jason - her brother and the gay chef have all had their characters vastly embellished. The majority of the book is Sookie and Bill - oh and the sex is explicit in the book when it does happen (which is quite often once S and B consumate their relationship!). It will be interesting now to follow the series and see how they have changed things.

Oh and having had a look at True Blood: Book 2, it would appear that Season 2 of the TV show follows it and is quite a different beast to this first season.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 47
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 4/8/2009 1:14:54 PM   
discodave101

Don't think I've commented here yet. Loving this show, and loving the whole idea. The script is fantastic, and there's so many avenues open for them to explore with the plot and story. Comes as a nice surprise, as I'd not read too many great things about the show leading up to its UK premiere.

And to whoever posted saying they watch the show with their parents, ouch, I cringe for you. Not exactly 'family' entertainment.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

Post #: 48
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 4/8/2009 4:37:35 PM   
captainrentboy

I've watched all of season 1 on Blu Ray (It's region free), and I'd just like to say to the people not impressed so far ''Hang in there guys'', it didn't get truely engrossing, for me anyway, until like episode 5, when you actually get to see what the plot focus for the rest of the season is. After that I thought it was truely fantastic, and has now pushed its way into my TV show top 10.
And for one of the posters above, I'm afraid there are quite a few sex scenes to come, but they're a little less graphic then the ones early on in the season, and there's bugger all of them in season 2.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 49
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 4/8/2009 7:49:17 PM   
losthighway

I've just finished Dead Until Dawn: True Blood (Book 1) and some thoughts...

* Like Captain Rentboy says, the main storyline doesn't appear till late on in the book either, so I can see now why sticking with it is so important. Although, the actual climax to it is somewhat of a damp squib in the book so hopefully they might have beefed it up in the TV show.

* That dog is explained!!!

* The main 'bad guy' (of sorts) is actually pretty non-descript in the book and is only ever in the background, so it will be interesting to see if they make the character more prominent in the TV show.

* The book ends on a cliffhanger - but at the same time it's also one of the most disappointing things about it. Harris ends it (essentially) halfway through a chapter, so whilst I had no intention of reading the second book and could quite have happily waited to watch Season 2, i'm now left with an unfinished feeling!

Good marketing skills or bad writing... Hmmm!

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 50
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 5/8/2009 7:49:09 PM   
Winchester Bunny

I was going to buy the books but I have decided to watch the tv show first so that I can avoid spoilers. But when I was looking at the books I did spot that you can buy a set of them on ebay, I think it was 7 for about 25 quid. Which if you do intend to read them all is a better buy than buying them seperately.

Post #: 51
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 6/8/2009 9:17:48 AM   
squeezyrider

Loving the show so far up to episode 6 but something's really driving me nuts.

What does the title sequence remind me of? I keep getting a real deja vu it could be a film another TV show or maybe even a music video.

Please help me.

Yorkshire is a place...

Yorkshire is a state of mind.

Post #: 52
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 6/8/2009 11:49:33 AM   
discodave101

Err....i've not read the whole thing, but whoever posted above mentions episode 6 in the first line! For fear of it being spoilerific, can a mod sort it out? They've obviously not realised this is the UK THREAD!

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to squeezyrider)
Post #: 53
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 6/8/2009 2:58:06 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: squeezyrider

What does the title sequence remind me of? I keep getting a real deja vu it could be a film another TV show or maybe even a music video.

Please help me.

The people who do the title sequence for True Blood have done the same for a lot of shows. I think they may have done the ones for other HBO stuff like The Wire, Deadwood and Carnivale. All pretty similar looking anyway.

Same with Six Feet Under and Dexter, though those shows are on different networks (with the same actor!)

Post #: 54
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 6/8/2009 4:38:09 PM   
kingalan

quote:

ORIGINAL: squeezyrider

Please help me.

It kind of reminds me of the opening credits of the Dawn Of The Dead remake... Yes? No?

Post #: 55
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 6/8/2009 5:49:18 PM   
squeezyrider

Just watched the DOD credits and you're right it's very similar. There's a Johnny Cash song playing over the top so country music check and the disjointed images mix with newsreel footage aboput the zombie invasion. It might be that that I was thinking of but that image of the fox's head decomposing seems to be what I'm fixated on has that been used in something else?

Yorkshire is a place...

Yorkshire is a state of mind.

(in reply to kingalan)
Post #: 56
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 7/8/2009 9:36:19 PM   
HIM

Just ordered the Sookie Stackhouse boxset featuring all seven novels for my girlfriend for 30 off of Amazon.

Post #: 57
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 8/8/2009 10:15:46 AM   
losthighway

Episode 4 (inc spoiler!!)

Now that i've read the book it's very interesting to see how the TV show is different and I can tell you they've added new things/extras into the story in this episode, e.g. Jason and his erection problems, Bill revealing his fangs and 'glamouring' the cop at the roadside, Sam sniffing the duvet covers at the end, etc...

The episode itself was fairly good although the Fangtasia scene felt slightly rushed and Eric certainly doesn't have the air of foreboding that he does in the book. I guess this episode (to me, at least) almost felt like a bridge to episode 5 when the main story between Sookie and Bill will get going again.

SPOILER (click/drag):: Oh and the murderer looks nothing like the character in the book!!!

< Message edited by losthighway -- 8/8/2009 10:16:32 AM >

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 58
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 8/8/2009 1:01:21 PM   
Winchester Bunny

Now that someone else has mentioned it, the titles do remind me of deadwood, which I'm also rewatching at the mo

The bit at the end with Sam was definately a "wtf?" moment. As lovely as Jason is, he seems to be getting quite a lot of the screen time. At the moment I'm more interested in what is going on with sookie and bill and whatever the hell sam is up to.

Post #: 59
RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) - 8/8/2009 5:15:16 PM   
losthighway

POSSIBLE SPOILERAGE!

Sam... sniffing... think about it!

(Although it's still not what you might imagine)

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: True Blood (FXUK Speed) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI