Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RAMBO IV

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RAMBO IV Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RAMBO IV - 2/3/2011 9:06:59 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Recently, I was talking to my cousin with whom I watched RAMBO on opening day at the cinema. She reminded me about how I was cheering and punching the air when John appears from the jungle as the bad guys are about to re-play the sadistic 'minefield game' and takes 'em out with the bow & arrow - that is a seriously frakkin' AWESOME scene!

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 2/3/2011 9:09:39 PM >

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to hampstead bandit)
Post #: 121
RE: RAMBO IV - 2/3/2011 9:12:19 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Recently, I was talking to my cousin with whom I watched RAMBO on opening day at the cinema. She reminded me about how I was cheering and punching the air when John appears from the jungle as the bad guys are about to re-play the sadistic 'minefield game' and takes 'em out with the bow & arrow - that is a seriously frakkin' AWESOME scene!

That scene is indeed awesome.Unfortunately,i feel the film was somewhat let down as the trailers showed pretty much all the major action scenes from the movie so i knew Rambo was going to step out there with his bow and arrows to take those guys down when i saw it the first time.I mean the trailer even showed Rambo gutting THE MAIN VILLAIN of the film! Thats like showing Mclane dropping Hans Gruber off the building in the trailer for Die Hard.Unthinkable.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 122
RE: RAMBO IV - 5/3/2011 10:18:04 PM   
Sutty

Thought that Rambo was a damn good action flick. Although I would of liked a "main villian" with a bit more about him. He was obivously no match for ol' John J. The action was intense and relentless and the re-worked score awesome. The documentry on the DVD is great and goes in to how Stallone directed the movie as if Rambo was directing it, hence the hand held, jerky, edgy cinematography. His directors commentary is pretty good to.

Oh, and I LOVED the ending. Fantastic.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 123
RE: RAMBO IV - 13/3/2011 7:46:54 PM   
DUMBO

what you call hell is rambo's home ! a very shocking movie if you look at the killings body's been blown to bits 

< Message edited by DUMBO -- 13/3/2011 7:48:12 PM >

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 124
RE: RAMBO IV - 13/3/2011 8:12:28 PM   
DazDaMan

Is that not meant to be the point??

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to DUMBO)
Post #: 125
RE: RAMBO IV - 13/3/2011 8:30:35 PM   
DUMBO

It was when i first saw it very shocking

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 126
RE: RAMBO IV - 20/3/2011 7:22:23 PM   
Spaldron

Ok so Iv'e got Spotify right, which if your not aware is an online music streaming program. Now I'm currently using the free version and whilst fine, it occasionally interrupts your playlist with adverts. So anyways I'm listening to Brian Tyler's awesome score for Rambo. And it gets to a track called 'No Rules For Engagement' which is for the colossal end scene where Rambo blows everybody away with that massive machine gun in a very brutal and gory way.

So the track ends and then an advert comes on. "Please Give Blood".

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to DUMBO)
Post #: 127
RE: RAMBO IV - 20/3/2011 9:32:02 PM   
DazDaMan

Brilliant. You can't write shit like that!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 128
RE: RAMBO IV - 21/3/2011 8:04:00 PM   
hampstead bandit

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Ok so Iv'e got Spotify right, which if your not aware is an online music streaming program. Now I'm currently using the free version and whilst fine, it occasionally interrupts your playlist with adverts. So anyways I'm listening to Brian Tyler's awesome score for Rambo. And it gets to a track called 'No Rules For Engagement' which is for the colossal end scene where Rambo blows everybody away with that massive machine gun in a very brutal and gory way.

So the track ends and then an advert comes on. "Please Give Blood".

thanks for the heads-up

I am now listening to this on Spotify (I have 2 accounts, back from the days when it was free of charge and you did not need "invites" to join or pay "premium" rates)

its a great soundtrack, and after its finished I am going off to my living room to watch my HD Blu-Ray copy of the film :) ;)

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 129
RAMBO IV - 5/6/2011 2:32:21 PM   
Snake-Eyes

It's premiering on terrestrial TV tonight - 22:00 on Channel 5. Can't believe how quickly that's come around; I still remember watching that awesome first footage via AICN.

(in reply to hampstead bandit)
Post #: 130
RAMBO IV - 25/6/2011 9:10:22 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Re-watching this family-friendly, period costume drama right now. Perfect for a Saturday Morning.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 131
RE: RAMBO IV - 25/6/2011 9:11:15 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

Re-watching this family-friendly, period costume drama right now. Perfect for a Saturday Morning.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 132
RE: RAMBO IV - 1/7/2011 5:48:11 AM   
Renkoss

All the Movies under this banner Rambo are awesome. I like all these movies. Good action good concept, Everything is good about this.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 133
RAMBO IV - 19/8/2011 1:25:18 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I seriously hope that the 'news' regarding a proposed new script for a Fifth film just turns out to be a rumour - unfounded. Another film in this series would be beyond ridiculous at this point. Besides, the character's journey ended perfectly with the Fourth entry.

(in reply to Renkoss)
Post #: 134
RE: RAMBO IV - 19/8/2011 6:56:54 PM   
darth silas

quote:

I seriously hope that the 'news' regarding a proposed new script for a Fifth film just turns out to be a rumour - unfounded. Another film in this series would be beyond ridiculous at this point. Besides, the character's journey ended perfectly with the Fourth entry.

Agreed.I thought Sly had finally closed the book on the character.Guess the sad fact is the man is greedy and doesnt know when to leave well alone.Hel be announcing Rocky 7 soon at this rate.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 135
RE: RAMBO IV - 20/8/2011 1:30:50 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

Agreed.I thought Sly had finally closed the book on the character.Guess the sad fact is the man is greedy and doesnt know when to leave well alone.Hel be announcing Rocky 7 soon at this rate.

NO! Don't say that darth - you'll stoopid-arse jinx it! Besides, in terms of 'RAMBO 5' it's just a script proposal!

Post #: 136
RE: RAMBO IV - 20/8/2011 3:29:39 AM   
Spaldron

The Rambo "Unforgiven" style setting does sound intriguing though. I'd like to see him end up in some hick, redneck town where the crazies set upon him like film 1. Then he goes batshit crazy and wastes everybody, oh wait. that's been done already damn!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 137
RE: RAMBO IV - 10/10/2011 1:24:58 PM   
DazDaMan

Bumping this up as I've watched it again recently.

I think, if I had to think about it now, both the first film and the last would tie at first place in order of favourites. I'm not sure. I did rewatch First Blood again last night, and it was just brilliant. But I love the REALISM that the fourth film has.

Now, I like First Blood, but I also like Rambo 4, but which is better? There's only one way to find out....

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 138
RE: RAMBO IV - 10/10/2011 2:55:03 PM   
darth silas

I like Rambo 4,but it lacks the huge action set pieces of parts 2 and 3.Its my least favourite Rambo film.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 139
RE: RAMBO IV - 10/10/2011 2:56:27 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

I like Rambo 4,but it lacks the huge action set pieces of parts 2 and 3.Its my least favourite Rambo film.

Aside from the last ten minutes, you mean?

Post #: 140
RE: RAMBO IV - 10/10/2011 2:57:28 PM   
LEEJGM

For me there's no competition.  First Blood is by far the best of the 4. 
While the realism and brutality of IV are selling points, it is let down by shoddy acting, too little Rambo action and a feeling that it needed Rambo to face off against someone instead of him just relying on a big machine gun while the mercs had all the fun.  I liked it but it's behind 1 and 2 for me.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 141
RE: RAMBO IV - 10/10/2011 3:00:58 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

quote:

Oh the last ten minutes are great,but you know,it lacks giant helicopter gunships,punch ups with huge russian bodybuilders,stick fights,and most importantly,it lacks a stalking scene! The first three Rambos have a stalking scene where John J. picks off random enemies one by one in a creepy setting.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 142
RE: RAMBO IV - 10/10/2011 3:04:32 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh the last ten minutes are great,but you know,it lacks giant helicopter gunships,punch ups with huge russian bodybuilders,stick fights,and most importantly,it lacks a stalking scene! The first three Rambos have a stalking scene where John J. picks off random enemies one by one in a creepy setting.

I dunno, I thought the night-time incursion on the Burmese army camp was pretty intense. I mean, Rambo rips the dude's throat out WITH HIS BARE HANDS!!!!

Post #: 143
RE: RAMBO IV - 10/10/2011 3:05:41 PM   
DazDaMan

All this talk of the mercs in Rambo IV is making me want to play the PS2 game, Mercenaries. And, by that rationale, we NEED a Rambo game....

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 144
RE: RAMBO IV - 10/10/2011 4:00:08 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

All this talk of the mercs in Rambo IV is making me want to play the PS2 game, Mercenaries. And, by that rationale, we NEED a Rambo game....

I'll drink to that.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 145
RE: RAMBO IV - 10/10/2011 5:16:16 PM   
Nexus Wookie

I LOVE RAMBO! Guys a bloody psychpath! LOL!? I love the way he massacres the army's ass in the final third, that is a thing of beauty!!!! GIVE ME THAT OVER SAVING RYANS PRIVATE ANYDAY!!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 146
RAMBO IV - 10/10/2011 8:11:51 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

Well, let's hope the game currently in development is a good 'un eh, Daz...?

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 147
RE: RAMBO IV - 10/10/2011 8:15:03 PM   
DazDaMan

Oooh, now that does make the mouth water!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 148
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 11/10/2011 6:30:32 PM   
max314

A silly, insubstantial film. An embarrassment to First Blood.

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 149
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 11/10/2011 6:31:10 PM   
max314

Turns out I've already talked about this.

Still silly, though.

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RAMBO IV Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI