Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RAMBO (2008)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RAMBO (2008) Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RAMBO (2008) - 15/7/2009 11:23:02 AM   
coolstar

Its one of the very best one man army movies with blood and guts. Rambo takes on the burma army this time . With over 200 + kills its the best action movie of the year Sly at its very best

'Live for nothing or die for something yor call'

I am going Deep Deep undercover
Post #: 1
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 15/7/2009 10:47:48 PM   
tommyjarvis

I thought it was pretty good, aye - nice to see a decent action film for a change. Much better than 2 and 3 anyways.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 2
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 16/7/2009 6:31:25 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes' love for the Rambo movies is well documented; RAMBO IV Rocks. It was easily my favourite film of 2008. Stallone is my Hero and I can watch this film over and over again.

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 16/7/2009 6:38:06 AM >

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 3
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 16/7/2009 1:05:18 PM   
norters the red

Stallone on that 50cal was one of my favourite film moments of the year. If not for anything else its the faces that he pulls when he is shooting it Classic Sly!

Last few films seen:

1. Close Encounters 5/5
2. Master with the Cracked Fingers 3/5
3. Ice Age 3 3-D 3/5
4. Amadeus 5/5
5. Texas Chainsaw (original) 4/5

Your scientists have yet to discover how neural networks create self-consciousness, let alone how the human brain processes two-dimensional retinal images into the three-dimensional phenomenon known as perception. Yet you somehow brazenly declare that seeing is believing!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 4
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 16/7/2009 2:19:34 PM   
UTB

I was expecting to be disappointed with it, but I thought it was quite enjoyable.

Stallone's steroids should have got a best supporting actor nod though.

(in reply to norters the red)
Post #: 5
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 16/7/2009 5:29:18 PM   
Sutty

Top action flick and a great movie to watch with a beer and a bab! Thought the action was intense and the cinematography great. Some classic action beats and some nifty retro style dialogue that fitted the movie perfectly. Nice use of a claymore too!
Loved the ending too. Really hit the spot. Rambo finally went home... nice...

"When you're pushed, killings as easy as breathing..."

Fave line. And Stallone still rules after all these years.

Oh, and the music redux was terrific!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 6
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 16/7/2009 5:32:52 PM   
00Nothing

Although I thought the violence could have been dialled back a bit, at the very least, unlike 2 and 3, it did seem to have something to say about the conflict that Rambo was caught up in this time.

Still think First Blood is the best, but as said elsewhere here, the music redux was terrific and the final scene was wonderfully done and Julie Benz was wonderful, been a fan of her's since Buffy and Angel.

"I will see you in another life, when we are both cats."

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 7
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 16/7/2009 6:19:30 PM   
darth silas

I thought it was good,but coulda been better.Pretty much all the action was shown in the trailer(including Rambo killing the main villain!).It takes a while to get going and wasnt as much fun as the original trilogy.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to 00Nothing)
Post #: 8
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 16/7/2009 6:42:52 PM   
kumar

I havent seen any of the Rambo flms but I did a quick search on youtube and watched a bit of the final battle of the latest film. I could not believe the level of gore in it and I promptly burst into laughter as anything was used as an excuse for bad guys to get blown into pieces! Think I might be catching the rest of the series soon enough! 

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 9
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 17/7/2009 12:31:05 AM   
somekindof_battery

I saw this at the cinema and watched it again last week. It's a great action film. Because i hadn't seen it since the cinema, i was remembering all these 'wtf?' moments like the huge bomb exploding, the religious pacifist beating a guy to death with a rock and the evil paedophile in charge. As if it wasn't bad enough he was driving about with his army, destroying communities, killing everyone in sight except those he dragged into the army and having his men make people walk across mine fields - he was a sex offender as well. That reall made me hate him. 

"I can beat you, I don't need the girl hahah, I DON'T NEED THE GIRL! I don't need the gun John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! AND I'LL KILL YOU NOW!" - Unknown 17th century poet

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 10
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 18/7/2009 2:32:46 PM   
MI Cruise

Just watched this movie today for the first time and it was mind blowing the amount of action and gore onscreen in the finale scene is unbelievable, it was a totally different from the first 3 movies, I always thought Rambo III was a poor film because it looked like it borrowed some elements of it's story from First Blood Part II which is my favourite Rambo movie.
I was expected to be disappointed by this new one but it turned out to be really good.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to somekindof_battery)
Post #: 11
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 18/7/2009 6:58:21 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

Just watched this movie today for the first time and it was mind blowing the amount of action and gore onscreen in the finale scene is unbelievable, it was a totally different from the first 3 movies, I always thought Rambo III was a poor film because it looked like it borrowed some elements of it's story from First Blood Part II which is my favourite Rambo movie.
I was expected to be disappointed by this new one but it turned out to be really good.

But this one seemed to be a rerun of the third movie.Rambo is asked to help in a war zone,refuses,somebody Rambo cares about gets captured,Rambo decides to go in after him/her anyway.Except this one wasnt nearly as much fun.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 12
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 20/7/2009 6:09:11 PM   
Algra

RAMBO

Another classic! Gym crazed pensioner Sy Standalone gets another chance to flex his muscles as he reprises his role as the loveable psychopathic knife wielding army nut.

This fourth outing sees our hero in retirement, enjoying the tranquil scenery and charms of the popular far east tourist destination of Shang-Kok, whilst blowing the heads off the nearest upstart dictator and slicing the locals in half armed only with a potato peeler.

Some do-gooding kindly christian folk decide to visit a lovely village and spend about seven seconds admiring the picturesque scenery, before the local militia move in and before the christians know it they are kidnapped, forced to wear womens underwear and sold as slaves to make shoes for Primark and even worse, in-flight dinners for British Airways.

Rambo takes a rather dim view of all these goings-on and decides to take matters into his own hands and goes in with a bunch of SAS types who eat bad-boy soldiers for breakfast.

Unfortunately for everyone concerned, the local chief fails to see the funny side after seeing his entire army blown to smithereens by a hitherto unexploded world war II bomb in the middle of his jungle, and he gets in a bloody strop. It's therefore up to Rambo and his new found friends to crash the party, kill the goons and get the girl.

Sadly, although he saves the girl, there is no time for love because of all the pyrotechnics and heads flying all over the place and blood and guts everywhere, so Rambo makes do with swapping phone numbers and promising to stay in touch.

This is a great movie; if you love a bit of mindless wanton destruction, this is most definitely for you. If you don't love a lot of mindless wanton destruction, then this film is most definitely not for you. Personally I loved it, but then I am unbalanced and love a bit of thoughtless gore.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 21/7/2009 10:02:13 AM >

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 13
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 20/7/2009 6:57:43 PM   
DazDaMan

I picked up the four-disc boxed-set when the film came out on DVD, and watched this one first (had only seen First Blood up until then)....

Fucking loved this film.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Algra)
Post #: 14
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 25/7/2009 8:27:33 PM   
coolstar

This is just like Die hard

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 15
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 25/7/2009 9:31:29 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

Utter trash but highly enjoyable. The last shootout really cranks the gore and violence to the max. 

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 16
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 26/7/2009 10:32:51 PM   
somekindof_battery

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

I picked up the four-disc boxed-set when the film came out on DVD, and watched this one first (had only seen First Blood up until then)....

I really need that boxed set.

"I can beat you, I don't need the girl hahah, I DON'T NEED THE GIRL! I don't need the gun John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! AND I'LL KILL YOU NOW!" - Unknown 17th century poet

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 17
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 27/7/2009 9:15:45 PM   
coolstar

war's in your blood dont fight it you didnt kill for your country you killed for yourself

Post #: 18
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 10/8/2009 6:13:43 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I was listening to Brian Tyler's score as I was getting ready for work today - Awesome!

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 19
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 10/8/2009 10:27:39 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: somekindof_battery

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

I really need that boxed set.

Yes, you do...

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

Post #: 20
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 11/8/2009 10:17:34 AM   
CharlesBronson

Just saw it again yesterday. Any single violent shot is justified by the topic imho. The violence only transports the state of things in Burma and how things can go wrong even if you want to help. Nevertheless, Rambo remains a tough straight forward Actioner with 80's roots. Just as good as Rocky Balboa turned out to be for the Rocky franchise...wouldn't mind another Rambo movie.

...Britains most violent prisoner!

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 21
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 13/8/2009 1:30:27 PM   
coolstar

The dvd is going for 3.99 so pick it up if you havent seen it

(in reply to CharlesBronson)
Post #: 22
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 14/8/2009 2:16:05 AM   
davidjthomson

Does what it says on the tin. An excellent action film. I particularly liked that, unlike 2 & 3, he wasn't a one man army, there were others fighting alongside him. And he's outgrown the need to have his shirt off constantly.

Anyone that didn't like it, probably didn't enjoy 2 or 3 either, so what were they expecting.

Can't wait for THE EXPENDIBLES.

Nothing is over until we say it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 23
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 14/8/2009 6:02:49 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I personally like all four films - granted that especially RAMBO III was somewhat 'over-the-top' (geddit? hee hee hee!) - but all of the Rambo Films serve as textbook examples of quality, no bullshit, hi-octane Action Flicks; as davidjthomson says, they do exactly what they say on the tin; you know what you're gonna get!

(in reply to davidjthomson)
Post #: 24
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 15/8/2009 5:07:45 PM   
rich

It lacked the grit of First Blood, and offered none of the comic book action fun of parts 2 and 3. And 3 isnt that great, but its watchable. This was just yet another late to the show unecessary 4th sequel that wasnt very good in any respect.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 25
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 20/8/2009 12:05:04 PM   
max314

I can't believe how much this film bored me.

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 26
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 20/8/2009 12:08:05 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: max314

I can't believe how much this film bored me.

I suppose you probably were disappointed it never featured The Architect's incoherent speech eh max314? lol

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 27
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 20/8/2009 12:24:55 PM   
max314

Exactly.

Rambo with no Architect is like Matrix with no exploding heads.

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 28
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 20/8/2009 1:22:11 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: max314

Exactly.

Rambo with no Architect is like Matrix with no exploding heads.

hee hee hee.... touche!

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 29
RE: RAMBO (2008) - 2/11/2009 4:19:45 AM   
Snake-Eyes

I'm watching this again for the umpteenth time and I enjoy it more with each new viewing; Stallone's commmentary is (like the one for ROCKY BALBOA) very insightful not just from a technical standpoint but also in terms of the character's inner thoughts and the journey he is on.

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 2/11/2009 4:20:18 AM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RAMBO (2008) Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI