Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Objects of Desire >> THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 23/1/2006 7:13:54 PM  1 votes
Bubba

Here goes...

THE BEST LOOKING
 MAN CHALLENGE

Amelie_Scotland - Joaquin Phoenix
tbird - Jake Gyllenhaal
Happy_Feet - Elijah Wood
Bruce Wayne - Johnny Depp
swan - Christian Bale
Bubba - Benno Furmann
Magenta - Colin Farrell
clare_star_ - David Wenham
Comicgirl - Nathan Fillon
Death_Cult - Takeshi Kaneshiro
sugarplum_fairy - Hugh Jackman
daddy or chip - Eric Bana
Smirken - Andy Lau
Katamarang - Jack White
Satine - Zach Braff
Funkyrae - Viggo Mortensen
pettsy - Tobey Maguire
Mistress J - Gerard Butler
Circe - Rodrigo Santoro

areyoutalkintome - Josh Hartnett
newbrunett - Daniel Bruhl
8Missy8 - Robert Pattinson

AgentGoth - Bruce Campbell
Krazy Beyootiful - Colin Firth
zuccicelia - Ewan McGregor

lulu karma - Ryan Reynolds
ladykiller - Sean Bean

Each Sunday evening I will post a new challenge consisting of three tasks and we all have a week in which to complete them. For every task you complete you gain one point and when we finally get bored of all this the person with the most points wins, simple.

CHALLENGE ONE:-

1. Post a picture of your man wearing a hat.
2. Post your man's horoscope for this week, also are you compatible? (Bonus point if you are )
3. Post your favourite quote from one of his films.

EDIT: To make it easier for me could you please head your entry posts with Challenge One. You don't have to do all three task at once, remember you have a week.

Sorry for the hassel guys!

< Message edited by Bubba -- 30/1/2006 10:03:37 PM >

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

I don’t condone conflict of any kind, be it star-based or otherwise.
Post #: 1
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 23/1/2006 7:23:45 PM   
swan

#
aww how cute
30/01/1974  - aquarius
todays horoscope
'You want to add a room or two to your home possibly because there's a new member in the household.  If you're working overtime or getting a second job to finance the venture don't overdo. '
i chose that simply because that site has the worst horoscopes known to man
Taurus With Aquarius:
This astrological compatibility match will be in for many difficulties and obstacles to overcome. The Aquarian being unpredictable may prove too much for the easygoing Taurus nature. The conservative habits of the Taurean will soon get on the nerves of the dynamic Aquarius and the tempers will start to fly. Both love ease and comfort but their views on how to obtain them are very different. Another big irritation for the Taurus lover is the unwillingness of the Aquarius to share his secrets.
taurus and aquarius - astrological compatibility rank = 5 (10 is best)
These two live on opposite sides of the planet, in fact some times, Taurus will wonder if Aquarius is even from this planet. The usually staid Taurus will have difficulty understanding the Aquarian unpredictability. Aquarius will find the Taurus attention somewhat smothering and restrictive.

gar can i choose someone else now *cries* :(

You are a fucking ugly bitch and I want to stab you to death and play with your blood.-
american psycho
haha much more my style :D

**its that warriors vs baseball fury element
that glitches motor sensory developement
i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 2
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 23/1/2006 7:46:03 PM   
Comicgirl

CHALLENGE 1

A bonnet IS still a hat, right?  (Plus it makes me chuckle!)

2.  Horoscope for the Week
Aries (March 21-April 20)
Get involved in activities that will be fun for the whole family.  Don't confide in anyone for the time being.  You need to challenge yourself.  You can dazzle members of the opposite sex with your quick wit and agressive charm.

Compatibility
Virgo (19/09) & Aries (27/03)
Fun-loving Aries can lead Virgo into a lighter relationship, whilst Virgo teaches Aries to take things slowly.  A match of surprises, with far more in common than appears at first.

(That's good, right?)

3.  Favourite Quote.
This is a hard one cos I've got two from Serenity alone!

Captain Malcolm Reynolds: This is your Captain speaking.  We may experience some...turbulence and then...explode.

or

Captain Malcolm Reynolds: I've staked my crew's life on the theory that you're a person, actual and whole, and if I'm wrong you'd best shoot me now...(River Tam cocks the gun she is pointing at Mal)...Or, we could talk more.

What are you gonna do, lick me to death?

You murdered yourself, son. I just carried the bullet for a while.

'...sounds like some superhero Captain Tightpants bullshit to me, man.'

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 3
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 23/1/2006 7:50:23 PM   
Satine

CHALLANGE 1

Aries (Mar21/Apr20) The week begins like a storybook, complete with babbling brooks and trees that talk and strangers meeting in the woods and falling in love. Exercise figures on Monday, but it's fun exercise -- the kind you barely notice. The middle of the week is less dreamy and fun, but don't stop exercising: It will keep you in good spirits even as the details and the drudgery threaten to drag you down. On Friday you're happy and charming (it's so much easier to be charming when you aren't stressed, isn't it?) and on Sunday you have all the time in the world to sleep in.

Aries + Aries
Since you're birds of a feather, or rather humans of a zodiac sign, you have the potential to grow closer than most couples. Just remember that when you're involved with an Aries, you're involved with an explorer, a risk-taker, a thrill seeker and a pioneer. If you can give an each other action, excitement and a fresh start, you have a better chance of getting each other's love and affection.

Essentially, each one of you needs to be first and best. Somehow, some way, you both need to find a competitive outlet. At heart, this relationship is hot and fiery. Try rotating duties and tasks. Enjoy physical activities together.
You share an active, dynamic, mobile and assertive lifestyle. You're each somewhat special and lead some sort of a charmed life. Each of you is usually competitive, flamboyant, positive and life affirming.

TIP: To create success together create a common vision of the future.
You both like to start things and to take the initiative. You're each restless, energetic, outgoing, opportunistic and ambitious. Probably, you're both more busy than usual.

Woop!  And his birthdya's 3 days after mine...!

From Garden State

Andrew Largeman: You know that point in your life when you realize that the house that you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? All of the sudden even though you have some place where you can put your stuff that idea of home is gone.
Sam: I still feel at home in my house.
Andrew Largeman: You'll see when you move out it just sort of happens one day one day and it's just gone. And you can never get it back. It's like you get homesick for a place that doesn't exist. I mean it's like this rite of passage, you know. You won't have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself, you know, for you kids, for the family you start, it's like a cycle or something. I miss the idea of it. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss the same imaginary place.

People like you just walk between the raindrops I guess.

The best thread EVER!

(in reply to Comicgirl)
Post #: 4
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 23/1/2006 8:53:29 PM   
Mistress J

Challenge 1:

I know, the last one's more a helmet than a hat...

Challenge 2

>> 13 th November-Scorpio (October 24-November 22)

Scorpio Horoscope
For The Week Starting January 23, 2006

- The difficult aspects to your sign are beginning to move out now which means it is all getting easier for you than it has been for a few months. Your difficult time has passed. The third week of February is when you start to feel your old self again so just be patient until then when things start to go right. Money should pick up starting the first week of February.

Our Compatibility:

Scorpio (13/11) and Aquarius (01/02)

(WARNING: Don't trust the following text-it's just too horrible *cries a lake full of tears* )

SCORPIO - AQUARIUS: Scorpio is irritated by a changeable mood of Aquarius. Aquarius takes part in numerous public affairs outside home, while Scorpio is especially concerned about the house. Scorpio can't bend a freedom-loving Aquarius in his will. Aquarius is very sociable, Scorpio is not. Scorpio finds unpractical ideas of Aquarius to be senseless. Exercise in bed won't keep this people together. Let everyone go his own way.

*still is crying*

Challenge 3:

My favourite quote is from Lara Croft-Tomb Rader: The cradle of life

[Terry Sheridan to Lara]: [Terry enters the room and places his hand on Lara's shoulder. She turns, her hand on his wrist] You can break my wrist... but I'm still gonna kiss you.

Oh and another nice one:

[Lara Croft]: A bit rusty, are we?
[Terry Sheridan]: Oh, I think it's coming back.
[Lara Croft]: I expected more from a Scot.
[Terry Sheridan]: I don't expect anything from an Englishwoman

< Message edited by Mistress J -- 23/1/2006 8:54:43 PM >

(in reply to Satine)
Post #: 5
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 23/1/2006 8:57:27 PM   
Bubba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mistress J

I know, the last one's more a helmet than a hat...

I'm not complaining!

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

(in reply to Mistress J)
Post #: 6
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 23/1/2006 9:15:17 PM   
Mistress J

Otherwise I would've been very surprised

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 7
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 23/1/2006 10:14:22 PM   
Bruce Wayne

Challenge 1;
Johnny Depp in a hat

Challenge 2:

June 9th: Gemini
Social events will be misleading this week. For the next few days expect both friends and relatives to book too many engagements or become quickly confused by time schedules or commitments. Mental and verbal energy are on the rise: watch for a major shift toward new activities in your social circle. After Thursday newly revealed workplace information may be disruptive: financial payments or contracts are accented. Don't be drawn into negative thinking: a workmate or official may be relying too heavily on previous projects. Find subtle ways to offer positive feedback and all will be well.

Compatibilty:
Gemini is a Mutable Sign and Capricorn is a Cardinal Sign. Capricorn initiates things; they like to be in control. Gemini is more flexible, generally happy to follow Capricorn's lead -- as long as they aren't forced into anything. They need to feel free to agree, disagree and choose at will, and if they begin to feel coerced, they will respond by becoming aloof and inaccessible. If these two value their relationship and want it to last, they must learn to compromise and let one another off the hook from time to time, so to speak.

What's the best aspect of the Gemini-Capricorn relationship? They each bring their own particular qualities to the relationship. Once they allow one another to be themselves -- rather than measuring one another against impossible standards -- they can blend well to make a whole. Theirs is a challenging relationship, but if they can learn from each other it's definitely worth it

Challenge 3: 
 So many favourites, but have to have two that always make me chuckle (from POTC)

Jack Sparrow: Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Jack Sparrow: No. Not good. Stop. Not good. What are you doing? You've burned all the food, the shade, the RUM

Let's hug it out bitch

(in reply to Mistress J)
Post #: 8
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 24/1/2006 2:59:04 AM   
Katamarang

challenge 1:

Glad you liked the bubble boy pic... here's a jack in a hat picture:

Quote from coffee and cigarettes:
Well, Nikola Tesla invented fluorescent light. Without him we wouldn't have alternating current, radio, television... x-ray technology... induction motors, particle beams, lasers; none of that would even exist if it weren't for him.

(okay I cheated and found the quote on imdb. I haven't actually seen the film but he hasn't been in many so this was hard! I'm already losing aren't I?)

Daily horoscope:
This is a good day to nurture other people. You'll find that your heart is open, and you'll be easily moved by others. You might want to spend time nursing your parent or grandparent. If they have been having health troubles, they might need someone to comfort their fears. Or you could be in the mood to be affectionate with your romantic partner (grr boo hiss) giving them a nice back massage to help them to relax.

It's so funny I'm haemorrhaging inside.

http://www.savethetivoli.co.uk/
please help save my local cinema cheers

(in reply to Bruce Wayne)
Post #: 9
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 24/1/2006 8:08:00 AM   
Funkyrae

Challenge one

From the excellent Hidalgo

Quote from The Prophecy. hmm Viggo as Satan.  It gets no better:-

"I can lay your body out and fill your mouth with your mother's feces...or we can talk."

Horoscope.  Viggo is a Libra.  But only just.  He is on the cusp of Scorpio.  Anyway, here goes Libra:-

GENERAL FEATURES: Air sign ruled by Venus. Librans love beauty and elegance and they hate arguments. They express rational and impartial judgments on any subject. They are nice, gentle, balanced, orderly and they can adapt themselves to circumstances. They fall into a state of depression when they are violently attacked and suffer in case of defeat. They like jobs related to wide spaces, such as: designer, antiquarian, free lance worker. Friendship and true love are absolutely necessary. To give vent to their love, they could face very long journeys. Librans are possessive and faithful and also in love they hate vain arguments and vulgarity.

This bit I love (and have taken notes)

"SEDUCING LIBRAN MEN: Libran men are delicate, elegant and fascinating. Because of their self-esteem, they love being admired and fondled (I can do that!). With them it is possible to take the first step and break the ice. For Libran men is important to find a clever woman who can relieve them from daily worries.
TIP: mind your eye make-up.
"

And apparently:
"This is a potentially positive union. Capricorn is attracted by Libra's social and mundane nature, even though it remains basically introverted. If Libra manages to give up part of its egocentrism, they may establish a love relationship. "

Who said anything about love?!

And Chinese

"The union has its challenges, unless extremely serious Oxen and their Dog soul mates set aside time for fun, lightness and play. It's when you laugh together that you'd rather be with each other than anyone else in the world. When you disagree and get stubborn - as you do - your mate gets defensive. As a couple, you charge and growl when pushed too far. Financially, you combine assets sensibly."

Scarily, this is the same for me and my husband.  Now this is spot on for our characteristics which means my hubby is a good trial run for Viggo!!!

I think that was all that was needed for challenge one! 

That's me that is!

(in reply to Katamarang)
Post #: 10
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 24/1/2006 8:51:58 AM   
daddy or chips

CHALLENGE ONE

All present and correct I believe

1)

2)

Eric's horoscope for the week -

Leo  July 23 - August 22

You are a supreme being at the beginning of the week. Top of your game. Better than ever. Whatever you do, let your heart be your guide and proceed with confidence. Unfortunately, on Tuesday, the outside world will give you a bit of a sinking feeling and you'll find yourself retreating into your own head. Wednesday and Thursday are quiet, introverted days as well -- serious days, in fact -- but Friday is a return to form. Friday is all friends and action and romance and hot chocolate. The mood will carry on through Saturday. Sunday, check in with the family.

Compatibility - Pisces (Me) & Leo (Eric)

"What an arty alliance! This couple have so many luscious things in common that they'll be captivated by each other in no time at all. Leos love love, and can be creative in the extreme (one look at their cheque books, and you'll see how inventive they can be with the boodle!), and Pisceans revel in romance, and are too artistic for words. So, when they get together, it'll be the sophisticat and sophistifish!"

"They'll live in a wonderful world together, shimmering with soft lights and sweet music, which will lull them into a luscious lullaby of love. And when they're not gazing at each other over the omelettes during romantic rendezvous, they'll trot off to the theatre together, see all the old Hollywood musicals (and cry at all the sad bits!), or even go for wonderful walks in the woods, before coming home to tea and crumpets round a roaring log fire."

Now if that isn't destiny I don't know what is

3) Fave quote (from Chopper) - "Why would I shoot a bloke BANG, then drive him to the bloody car and wizz him off to the hospital at a hundred miles an hour? It defeats the purpose of having shot him in the first place."

"I figured one day I'd just wake up and and find out what the hell yesterday was all about. I'm not too keen on thinkin' about tomorrow. And today's slipping by."

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 11
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 24/1/2006 9:18:49 AM   
zuccicelia

Will there be an other moment to join? I havnt been on this forum for weeks!

"All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world."

(in reply to daddy or chips)
Post #: 12
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 24/1/2006 10:24:55 AM   
sugarplum_fairy

Good morning ladies! Another week of perving begins!

Ok, to the challenge!

2. Unfortunately my work has blocked nearly all horoscope sites! So I spent some time trying to find a site that wasn't blocked and so I found BBC teen-scopes! HAHA

Here is Hugh's teen-scope for today....

Someone’s very impressed with you today, and they’re likely to be telling everyone else too, so if your ears are burning don’t worry, they’re saying nice things! If you have particular responsibilities at school you’ll be doing really well - or perhaps someone’s singing your praises for the kind efforts you’ve made in a charity or group organisation. Either way, you have every right to feel proud of yourself. Go Libra!

hahaha Go Libra indeed!

I did find a more mature horoscope though and here it is...

Make the most of your connections on Monday, you're in a position to carve your own furrow. Friday's suited to pleasure and romance, so be sensational with your partner. A well-planned evening goes better than if you rely upon spontaneity. Explore all options on Saturday, you're entering a creative phase.

And regarding compatability... well it seems Pisces and Libra are not a match made in heaven!  Once again, thanks to teen-scope for this little insight!

Life isn't fair, is it? Just when you thought you'd met Mate of the Month, things got hairy. Like a bottle of coke, this one fizzles fabulously for a bit and then falls flat. The danger is your blind attraction for each other. Soon, your dreamboat dates turn sour, mainly because Pisces people are too emotional for Libra, who just can't cope with mood swings. Give it a try, by all means, but this one's tricky.

Not fair!

3. Can't narrow it down to one, Hugh has some great lines as Wolverine! Here are a few of my faves...

[To Charles Xavier]
"What do they call you? Wheels?"

[to Dr. Jean Grey]
Wolverine: So, couldn't wait to get my shirt off again, huh?

(Can you BLAME her???)

[Cyclops doesn't know if Logan's an imposter]
Wolverine: It's me!
Cyclops: Prove it!
Wolverine: You're a dick.
Cyclops: Okay.

Tell you what... truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it...

Jack, I swear...

(in reply to zuccicelia)
Post #: 13
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 24/1/2006 10:40:56 AM   
Amelie_Scotland

CHALLENGE 1!

1.picture of him in a hat!
okay my pics NEVER come up(its a conspiracy i tell you!!)
www.dearjoaquin.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=424
what about this one?(not coming up either.*cries*)
http://www.dearjoaquin.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=261&pos=15

2.Weekly Horoscopes.
Scorpio:This week's scenario is highlighted by your need for some peace and quiet. You can expect those you live with to have their own ideas about how they want things done around the house. Be sure to pamper yourself by doing exactly what you want and not what everyone else wants. You will not take personal criticism well. Don't retaliate verbally or tempers will escalate. Don't argue; just work in your own space and avoid getting into heated debates. You can expect delays or problems with shipments, operating equipment or mail. You would be wise to delve into creative projects or hobbies to keep out of trouble. Instant romance will not be lasting. Take precautions if you wish to spare your heart. Your concern for older family members and those who need help will enhance your reputation. You can form partnerships that will be fruitful and long lasting.

3.Compatibility
Gemini + Scorpio

Air + Water = Rain

Gemini, prepare yourself for the intensity of Scorpio on every level of your being! You are light-hearted, frivolous and although intellectual, may meet your match in the depth and radically transformative mind of Scorpio. While Gemini enjoys the discussion of a multitude of different topics, Scorpio is not content to skim the surface and simply sit around in idle discussion. There must be a deeper significance to these interactions and this could seem all too hot and heavy for you, Gemini. The planets ruling Gemini and Scorpio are Mercury and Pluto, with Mars exercising control over the intense Scorpio nature. These planets are not altogether easily reconciled and Scorpio may use this facet of in-depth psychic power to grill you, Gemini. This could cause some uneasiness in the relationship, but if you're prepared to learn from the probing relentless Scorpio, you may find aspects of your nature revealed that were hitherto hidden from you.

The interesting thing with this combination is that with the right focus and combination of your forces, there could well be some positive business and financial successes for the two of you. Gemini can coax Scorpio out of that unyielding, inflexible position to see a brighter and breezier aspect of the situation and even of life itself. However, the hastily spoken and at times frivolous Gemini could start to exasperate the Scorpio nerve and this is not a particularly strong enough bond to keep your relationship going.

Sexually, Scorpio will surprise you, Gemini, but you may feel as though Scorpio tries to dominate and control you. There is much seduction between these two signs,(thats enough for me!!) however, with the more powerful being Scorpio, who demands a deeper, less superficial relationship. Scorpio's possessiveness and jealousy won't sit well with your light-hearted and socially adaptable ways. You'll find it extremely difficult to see eye to eye with Scorpios born between 24 October and 2 November. There may be mutual respect but, at the end of the day, your opinions will differ vastly. Those Scorpios born between 13 and 22 November are far too emotional, and your intellect will not connect with them. Those born between 3 and 12 November are probably better suited to a lasting relationship or professional association

4.Favourite Quote:
Excluding the possibility that a female,Scandanavian,Olympian was running around outside our house last night,what else could be a possibility?(hilarious)

< Message edited by Amelie_Scotland -- 24/1/2006 11:03:50 AM >

I'm clean, I'm conscientious and I travel with my own tits.

You may not be able to change the world, but at least you can embarrass the guilty.

(in reply to sugarplum_fairy)
Post #: 14
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 24/1/2006 10:54:01 AM   
Bubba

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuccicelia

Will there be an other moment to join? I havnt been on this forum for weeks!

You can still join now, you have until Saturday night to complete the challenges, just tell me what guy you want to claim (that hasn't already been claimed) and get to it!

(in reply to zuccicelia)
Post #: 15
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 24/1/2006 11:08:19 AM   
AgentGoth

Right, Bubba. Here goes my entry (oo-er)... I've gone for the obvious choice... Bruce Campbell! Long live The Chin!

Challenge 1!!!!

Righty hoo... horoscopes...

Brucey = June 22nd 1958 (Cancer)

Weekly Yahoo forecast:
The ship is rocking and heaving and throwing you all around. You're in no position to sit down and sign something -- your signature would just slide off the page. This is what Monday and Tuesday are like. By Wednesday, the ship will have steadied a bit, but rather than be overly ambitious, you should invest your energy in yourself, do something self-nurturing. The idea of being social isn't very appealing on Thursday, and Friday and Saturday are stay-at-home days as well. In dealing with others on Sunday, be as flexible as possible. (how weird is that with the signature bit at the beginning?)

I looked at compatibility... it came up with a bloody essay, which made me sleepy. It sounds a little bit hectic, but I'd say that Gemini (me!) and Cancer (Brucey) can work! Woo!

And finally... the favourite quote. Where can I start? Brucey's been in some fantastically cheesey films in his time (who can forget the greatness that is Terminal Invasion). But for me, it has to be the best chat up line ever used in a movie (followed closely by the one in Shark Attack 3) from the great Army of darkness, the third part of the greatest trilogy ever made.

Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby.

"Sheriff Perry! You are violating my territorial bubble!"

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 16
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 24/1/2006 12:04:37 PM   
tbird

Challenge One

My man in a hat:

yum yum!

His weekly horoscope :
Sagittarius: As with all signs, you could enjoy a reasonably relaxed Monday when it seems that no problem is too big to resolve. Others seem to want to be helpful - and if that's not the case, then at least they let you know where they stand: which makes dealing with them straight-forward. News reaching you on Tuesday makes it clear that all is not quite smooth-sailing though. An 'alarm-bell' could ring, and you may wish that a contract had been put into place. Negotiations could be hard-going on Wednesday with even your encyclopaedic knowledge put to the test. By Thursday you might even be saying that you're considering your position and that you might go off on a different course altogether (for some this could be literal too: these same aspects suggest problems with travel both literal and of the mind). The bottom line of all this is that you could issue an ultimatum - or be threatened by one - on Friday

interesting...

Our Compatibility:
The trouble will start when these two fall in love because before that, as good friends Sagittarius would be good for Taurus, teaching Taurus to be more flexible and to broaden the horizons.   Taureans hate change in relationships, while Sagittarius will find it hard to sustain a level of affection for any length of time.   Sagittarius is an adventurer and loves the outdoors while Taurus is content to pursue indoor activities.
   When Taurus refuses to join in with the Sagittarians sporting ways, he/she will find someone who will.   There are few, if any natural domestic talents in Sagittarius (unless the stars are well placed) and the Taureans domestic abilities are not given a second thought.   Sagittarius hardly notices the Taureans ability to keep or provide a comfortable home for him/her.
   Sagittarius can take criticism and will even change just a little bit but he/she can never be tamed by Taurus, and fidelity is rare with the half man, half beast Sagittarian; the jealous nature of Taurus would be forever in an uproar over this.  Constantly keeping up with Sagittarius both in and out of the bedroom would take a toll on Taurus.
   Sexually, Taurus is expected to be very versatile, for Sagittarius will want to act out his/her fantasies which will appall the Taurean sense of propriety and conservative nature.  One or two suggestions made by Sagittarius in the bedroom could kill their love almost immediately!   This might make a great friendship but anything more is not advised.   Not a match made in Heaven.

Oh dear....

Fave Quote:

"You are too much for me Ennis, you sonofawhore son bitch. I wish I knew how to quit you!" Brokeback Mountain.

< Message edited by tbird -- 24/1/2006 12:50:52 PM >

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

(in reply to AgentGoth)
Post #: 17
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 24/1/2006 12:50:06 PM   
zuccicelia

Challenge 1:

My man in hat:

His Horoscope
You can make major decisions regarding your professional direction. It's a favorable time for real estate, investments, and moneymaking opportunities to be successful. Situations could easily get blown out of proportion if you have made unreasonable promises. You may have a rather hectic day due to events that children are involved in.

Your lucky day this week will be Monday.

Compatibility:  
Aries + Cancer

Fire + Water = Steam

Aries, if you do choose to enter into a serious relationship with Cancer, you must continually remind yourself to go slower, to be more sensitive and adjust yourself for the extremely sensitive and sensual Cancer. Both Aries and Cancer are cardinal, movable signs of the zodiac that indicate flexibility and movement—variety in your lifestyles. Yet the Cancerian creature is a far more retiring and domesticated person than you, Aries. The blistering fire that continually emanates from you will overheat the cool and watery sign of Cancer, resulting in a somewhat steamy affair. Now, steam may be fine when it comes to matters of physical intimacy—in fact, that what's we want, don't we, Aries?— but the steam I speak of here has to do with a fog or lack of clarity on the emotional level. Cancer requires an undemanding, stable and nourishing home life.

If Cancer is capable and willing to give you the much-desired freedom you require, this partnership can possibly work, particularly if you're born in the last portion of Aries with Jupiter as an influencing planet, that is, between 10 and 19 April. This shows that you will find time to thoughtfully accommodate the domestic needs of this group of Cancerians.

Your ability to inspire others, Aries, could well be a boon to the shy and reserved Cancerian who is motivated by you to take the initiative and explore other possibilities. Bear in mind that those Cancerians born between 22 June and 2 July will more than likely be far too sensitive for your Arian power; the best choice appears to be the Cancerians born between 3 and 13 July, being partly ruled by Mars, Pluto and Scorpio. The reason for this is that the Scorpio vibration is most resonant with your sign, also ruled by Aries. With these Cancerians you'll find a tremendous karmic connection.

Those born between 14 and 22 July are not likely to completely satisfy your need for immediate and spontaneous activity as they are too idealistic for you. Powerful love connections are to be expected with those born between 4 and 13 July. If you are an Aries that doesn't mind a lot of quiet time in front of a fire at home, the home-loving group born between 22 June and 3 July are perfect for you.

Fave Quote:
"Actually, I really want to play Princess Leia. Stick some big pastries on my head. Now, that would be interesting."

"All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world."

(in reply to tbird)
Post #: 18
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 24/1/2006 12:52:27 PM   
Magenta

Challenge 1

A

Now Here's a look not many could carry off ,but my man ,damn he even makes a tea cozy look sexy

B

Horoscopes :
Colins horoscope for the week:

GEMINI - May 22nd - June 21st
While your mind is firing on all cylinders, you can expect a non stop flow of communication with others. One of the best things you can do right now is to share your ideas; the feedback you'll get will help you immensely. Try to stay away from engaging in mindless gossip, it will only distract you from more important issues. If your inner dialog becomes too strong, try soothing your mind by reading a good book or listening to your favourite music. .

My Horoscope for the week:
TAURUS - April 21st - May 21st
You're feeling feisty and ready for fun and people will be attracted by your playful energy. Just make sure you don't cross the line by flirting with someone already taken; otherwise there's a good chance you'll embarrass yourself. Be on your best behaviour and remember that as a Taurus you do better by attracting others, instead of chasing them! Once you focus on developing your inner beauty, you'll be feeling so good about yourself that others soon begin to chase you!

oohh chase me chase me

SECRET GEMINI : same as taurus, finding their soul mate, in fact taurus and gemini are very compatable together. 
WOOO HOO

C
 Quote from "Tigerland"  

Bozz: Damnit Cantwell! Shit man. Shit! Fuck, I don't even know you, man! You sittin' there telling your fucking stories. You make me want to fuckin' cry! What's that about?

From a powerful scene in this mighty fine film .
A little bit of swearing there  but hey thats Colin

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to AgentGoth)
Post #: 19
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 24/1/2006 2:02:36 PM   
pettsy

*gets psyched up for the challenge*

Right, this is war...

1) 

2)
January 23, 2006 (Cancer)

You could have a vision about your own future. Maybe you will have a sudden moment of intuition. You could get a strong hunch about something that catches your full attention. Maybe you will look at your life from an entirely new vantage point after this revelation happens. Welcome those moments of insight, and then remember to act upon them. Your guardian angels might be trying to set you on the right path!

3) Compatability: Aquarius + Cancer

When Cancer and Aquarius make a love match, it can be a case of opposites attracting. Cancer takes an emotional attitude to life, Aquarius, an offbeat, unconventional approach. While Cancer often retreats into its shell, Aquarius takes every opportunity to socialise. If a Cancer and an Aquarius can find a way to combine these qualities in a positive way, they can go anywhere together.
Both Cancer and Aquarius can be ambitious and determined. They want to get their way, and neither likes to conflict. Cancer can be old-fashioned, attached to tradition and routine, their morals more conservative than progressive. Aquarius, on the other hand, is very modern and could be easily bored by the routine in which Cancer finds comfort. Cancer may be intrigued by their Aquarius lover's sense of excitement, but this traditional Crab could get frustrated trying to keep up with this revolutionary's mind. Though Aquarius won't appreciate the possessiveness of a pinching Crab, they could find great comfort in the solid base Cancer provides. Just try to get them to admit it!

The Moon (Emotion) rules Cancer, and Saturn (Karma) and Uranus (Rebellion) rules Aquarius. The Moon is a radiant, feminine energy and Saturn is a cool, contained masculine energy. Uranus is about all things abnormal and new. The Moon is emotional and concerned with growth and domesticity, both of which become central themes in many Cancer's lives. Saturn deals with hard work and the discipline required for success, while Uranus symbolises forward thinking. Cancer mates can teach social, intellectual Aquarius lovers the value of emotional impulses, and their feminine influence will bring beauty and comfort into the home. While Cancer teaches the valuable lesson of an open heart, Aquarius can come right back with the usefulness of a detached mind. Aquarians are blessed to be able to extricate themselves from uncontrollable situations and to revaluate goals if they encounter an obstacle. Although not necessarily cold, Aquarius could still benefit from Cancer's warm, feminine Moon-based influence.

Cancer is a Water Sign, and Aquarius is an Air Sign. Aquarius sees life as an intellectual exercise, a constant exploration and expansion of the mind. Cancer's more pragmatic. Cancer stops to ask, 'how does this feel?' while Aquarians keep asking 'what else is there?' It may become difficult for these two to understand each other; conflicts can arise if Aquarius appears distant or Cancer too emotionally demanding. They may end up working at cross-purposes: Cancer asks for more and more, Aquarius may pull further and further away. By accepting that their worldviews are dissimilar, Cancer and Aquarius can move on and celebrate their diversity, learn to appreciate their difference rather than feeling threatened by it.
Cancer is a Cardinal Sign, and Aquarius is a Fixed Sign. Both persevere when working toward goals. If they have a set path, they'll follow it to the end. With this sort of shared perseverance - and if they both place a high value on their relationship - this couple will never be dissuaded from that knowledge and will constantly think of one another. If they run into probems, Aquarius will discover that Cancers, despite seeming shy, can actually be very tenacious and dogmatic, not above using emotional manipulation on their loved ones. However, if they agree to work toward a common goal, these two can get along.
What's the best thing about the Cancer-Aquarius love match? When they decide to come together, they are an indomitable force! When they decide to combine their disparate energies, Cancer and Aquarius can find their own natural balance and have fun with their differences.

4) As Lou the puppy in Cats & Dogs:

"I think that if I'm going to be a secret agent, I should have a better name. I was thinking, 'Toto Annihilation'."

(in reply to Magenta)
Post #: 20
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 25/1/2006 2:59:30 PM   
sugarplum_fairy

I just thought, isn't it weird that so far no one has claimed Orlando?? He is supposed to be like one of the top guys at the mo and yet in this thread, seemingly no one wants him!  Poor Orlando! Can I adopt him as well?? I feel sorry that he is being left out!

Jack, I swear...

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 21
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 25/1/2006 3:02:25 PM   
tbird

I think it might be safe to say that the Orlando love is failing... Shame though as he is cute!

You're more than welcome to take him Fairy!

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

Post #: 22
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 25/1/2006 3:07:52 PM   
sugarplum_fairy

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbird

I think it might be safe to say that the Orlando love is failing... Shame though as he is cute!

I still love him!  But I already have Hugh? Do you think anyone would mind if I took him as well? I don't want to look greedy! Maybe I could just take him until someone else claims him??  Any objections??

Jack, I swear...

(in reply to tbird)
Post #: 23
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 25/1/2006 4:11:40 PM   
Krazy_Beyootiful

Oookay. My man (since Clare has already claimed Daisy)....

In a hat, looking incredibly haughty and lovely...

Colin Firth's Birthday... 10th September

Starsign... Virgo

Horoscope... Today you might feel the need to be of service to others. Your humanitarian instincts are very high, dear Virgo, though you might tend to overidealize the concept of service a little. It's wonderful to help those less fortunate than you are, but often times this process involves a heavy commitment of time and energy. However, if you decide to do this, it could transform your life in a very profound way. Be prepared for some pretty heavy changes!

Compatability with Aquarius (me)...This is not a very good match for either one of you. You may be drawn to the Aquarius boy because he shares with you an intellectual, logical way of looking at the world. However, he is also a dreamer who spends a lot of his time theorizing about the future and chasing wild ideas to see where they lead. Meanwhile, you’re stuck doing all the practical stuff. He’s the type of guy, with you, who will try to get you to do his homework so he can figure out how to reconfigure his computer. You’ll feel used, and you’ll get extremely frustrated at his head-in-the-sky behaviour, but you won’t be able to change him. A difficult match that’s better left unmade.

Quote (As Mr.Darcy in Pride and Prejudice)... "I may say the disclosure had quite the opposite effect to the one she intended. It taught me to hope as I had scarcely ever allowed myself to hope before. "

How can we be happy in a world where predictive text can spell Indictment but not Flapjacks?

Post #: 24
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 25/1/2006 4:45:48 PM   
Happy_Feet

A)
haha. Ok i hve a far more sexy photo of him in a hat somewhere that I'll put up later.

B)

Elijah's Horoscope for this week (its his birthday friday! Woot!)

AQUARIUS
January 21st - February 19th
The astral emphasis is on long-term financial planning this week. So it's the perfect time to think about future security and formulate new strategies. You're feeling ambitious and very receptive to new ideas about how you can attain your aims. A consultation with a professional advisor would be a good idea as it could open your eyes to new pecuniary possibilities you may have overlooked. Your ability to study, concentrate and think deeply about serious matters is more acute than usual.

My Horoscope for the week
LEO
July 24th - August 23rd
Feeling up to a little wheeling and dealing? The stars say this is a perfect time to strike a bargain with others; especially if you are willing to let go of something you no longer need. It could be as simple as an old piece of clothing or as big as a piece of property. If you can't bear to part with the old; just remember you gain knowledge from acquiring new things and wisdom from letting things go.

Couldnt find hte compalbitiy yet but heres something:
I'm a Leo Woman seducing: trying to seduce a Aquarius Man

He’ll be amused by your means of seduction. He has a great sense of humour and nothing shocks or surprises him. Try it and see. He’s out-going, fun-loving and friendly. He will respect your need to see your friends (of either sex) just as he will expect you to give him the space he needs to pursue his own interests and do-his-own-thing. You need plenty passion and physical shows of emotion. Aquarius is a more intellectual lover. He likes to talk about sex and his fantasies. For this relationship to prosper, allow him plenty freedom but do let him know that you have your needs too.

c)
One of my fave Elijah moments on film:
Brad: It's been three years since I had sex, Jones.
Jones: Woah.
Brad: Did you say "woah"? Three years of celibacy deserves more than "woah". "Woah" doesn't come close.
Jones: Try seventeen.
Brad: What, years?
Jones: The first twelve are pretty easy.
Brad: What about the, uh...
[indicates the girl upstairs]
Jones: [shakes head]
Brad: So you're a...
Jones: [nods]
Brad: Woah.

"this guy is so unintentionally cool!"

Challange man - Elijah Wood

(in reply to Krazy_Beyootiful)
Post #: 25
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 25/1/2006 5:15:00 PM   
Smirken

Haven't been on here in a while so here goes:

CHALLENGE 1

Bit of a crappy hat but never mind :

Birthday: September 21st, 1961

Horoscope of the day (Libra) : Go ahead and say what's on your mind. If you speak with the best intentions, you might actually see some normally stubborn types listen to your words. In any case, it'll be fun to watch the sparks fly.

Compatability (me: Libra) :
When two Libras come together in a love affair, they form one of the most agreeable, romantic and well-balanced relationships around. Harmony and aesthetics are of utmost importance to Libra; two Libras together bring their magically balanced and beautiful touch to everything they do together. Libra is the Sign of Partnership; Libra loves to be in love, and two together spells relationship bliss. If they're just dating, they spend their time at romantic movies and coffee houses; if they're cohabiting, their house looks like an art gallery, full of the finest and loveliest of everything.
Libra wants everyone to love them -- sometimes to a fault. They abhor conflict, and if one arises they're apt to back down just to maintain the peace. It's not that they're insincere or that they don't care, it's that conflict makes them extremely uncomfortable. The Libra-Libra duo understands this about one another and it's rare that either one will push the other to compromise their shared sensibilities. Libra is most balanced while in a relationship, and each of them love having someone to admire and dote upon. They're happiest when they have someone with similar interests with whom to share their experiences. Libra is ruled by the Planet Venus (Love). Two Libras together share a blissful, romantic relationship full of beauty, sensuality and utter pleasure. It's no wonder the two stay together! They spoil themselves and one another -- sometimes to a fault. Too many rich foods and too much laziness can be bad for their health. Those are pleasures that prove hard to resist; both enjoy reclining and munching on a stem of grapes like the Greek goddess herself!
Libra is an Air Sign. They prize their mental abilities almost above all else; they enjoy intellectualism and appreciate art, films and all sorts of cultural pursuits. Persuasive, courteous and diplomatic, Libras are the fair judges of the world. Two together can use their diplomacy to smooth over almost any potential conflict with honor and decency. Libra is a Cardinal Sign, a quality that allows them to initiate new projects and motivate others. Two Libras can work very well together toward any project they set their mind to.
What's the best aspect of the Libra-Libra relationship? Their incredible sense of diplomacy, kindness and shared respect for one another. These two can make a lasting love connection due to their deep, mutual understanding of one another's loves and needs. Their commitment is likely to be great and solid.
Sorry that was so long!

Favourite quote from his movie (House of Flying Daggers):
Leo: Jin, you should know, there are more soldiers ahead.
Jin: What!
Leo: The general sent them. They don't know you either. You must stop them. There is nothing I can do. The order given to these soldiers is 'Fight to kill'. If you don't kill them they will kill you. Take care.
Jin: I quit!

So, tell me, homeboy, how 'bout the baggy clothes we kids are wearin' these days? Aren't they phat and stupid and poppin' fresh?

(in reply to Happy_Feet)
Post #: 26
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 25/1/2006 5:17:54 PM   
sugarplum_fairy

Well I'm gonna go ahead and enter Orlando into the competition because I feel sad that he has been rejected! If anyone new to the competition wants to adopt him at a later date just say so and I will begrudgingly relinquish my hold on him!

1) It might look like a pair of pants but it is, in fact, a hat!

2) Orlando's horoscope (capricorn)

You'll be prone to tears if your mate is harsh with you this week. Put aside any decisions concerning your position at work. Confusion could result when communicating with others. You may be frazzled this week.

Your lucky day this week will be Wednesday.

Our compatability...

Yup, you've got a good thing going here. Pisces people are positively perfect for the plod-along Capricorn type, who in turn showers a fishy mate with practical, DIY tips to get through life without being hurt. Sensitive and affectionate, Pisceans heat up Cappie's kinda cold heart, while Cappie gets to be all motherly and protective. You really do respect each other, and that's ultimately what counts. This is it, baby!

Match made in heaven! Yay!

3) My favourite Orlando quote...

(Elizabethtown)

"You know the way people look at you as if it's the last time? I've started collecting these looks. "

So don't give me points or anything for doing this, I'm just bored and wanted to keep the Orlando love going!

Jack, I swear...

(in reply to Happy_Feet)
Post #: 27
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 25/1/2006 6:04:00 PM   
Bubba

quote:

ORIGINAL: sugarplum_fairy

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbird

I still love him!  But I already have Hugh? Do you think anyone would mind if I took him as well? I don't want to look greedy! Maybe I could just take him until someone else claims him??  Any objections??

But that would give you an unfair advantage with the points.

Post #: 28
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 26/1/2006 9:17:10 AM   
sugarplum_fairy

quote:

So don't give me points or anything for doing this, I'm just bored and wanted to keep the Orlando love going!

No, no points for Orlando just letting him take part (remember little Orly its not the winning, it's the taking part that counts lol )

Jack, I swear...

Post #: 29
RE: THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE - 26/1/2006 10:58:57 AM   
Bubba

quote:

quote:

No, no points for Orlando just letting him take part (remember little Orly its not the winning, it's the taking part that counts lol )

Yeah I hadn't actully noticed your last post before I posted mine.

Knock yourself out!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Objects of Desire >> THE BEST LOOKING MAN CHALLENGE Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI