Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

whatever

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> whatever Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
whatever - 13/7/2009 7:13:27 PM   
themanfromunkle

Would've picked James Marsden or Ian Somerhalder with grey flecks in his hair-If Reynolds cocks this up like he did with Hannibal King in Blade trinity then I may not bother-Van Wilder 3 anybody??

< Message edited by themanfromunkle -- 13/7/2009 7:15:13 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
RE: - 14/7/2009 2:45:54 AM   
XenonXylophone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Quinzel

All the casting choices - Reynolds, Cooper and even Timberlake - seem to suggest that Martin Campbell will be taking a slightly humourous, wry approach to Green Lantern, which, given that the series is, at times, frickin' ridiculous, can only be a good thing. His colleague is a space pig, for God's sake! (Okay, don't shout at me, I'm sure Kilawog isn't actually a space pig. But that's how he always looked to me). And don't get me started on the Green Lantern poem.

Not to mention that his weakness is yellow. That's right. Yellow. As in the colour.

...and that's how I escaped my certain fate.

(in reply to Dr Quinzel)
Post #: 62
RE: RE: - 14/7/2009 4:13:37 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

If Reynolds cocks this up like he did with Hannibal King in Blade trinity then I may not bother-Van Wilder 3 anybody??

Yeah, because he was the sole reason why the film sucked. Not the story, script or direction...

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to XenonXylophone)
Post #: 63
- 14/7/2009 4:16:17 PM   
mrwinky99

I think Reynolds is great. He was certainly not the only thing wrong with blade Trinity - where to start?

IMO he was the only thing worth watching in it.

Post #: 64
RE: RE: - 14/7/2009 4:18:34 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Terrific

quote:

If Reynolds cocks this up like he did with Hannibal King in Blade trinity then I may not bother-Van Wilder 3 anybody??

Yeah, because he was the sole reason why the film sucked. Not the story, script or direction...

....or because of that prat from Prison Break playing Dracula of all people!...I mean,.....seriously??

Ryan Reynolds was the best thing in Blade 3. Cock Juggling Thundercunt anybody??

< Message edited by lukeyboy -- 14/7/2009 4:22:11 PM >

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 65
It's not easy going green.. - 14/7/2009 9:36:49 PM   
themanfromunkle

Anyone actually read the Nightstalkers comic?? Hannibal King wasn't a stand up-the 3 charcters were very,VERY dark-Renolds as good a comic actor as he is he is no Deadpool (there are countless other people who could've played that-god Im hoping for Colin Farrell to reprise Bullseye to show us all how it should be done) & this is not the first time Ryan has been linked to a DC character (the Flash-really!?) Children, if the dark knight & X-men has taught us anything it is that preceeding superhero movies will suck & be horrible miscast (a nod to Ed Norton,Nic Cage,Brandon Routh ect.) Originally the latern was going to be Jack Black & very comedic-I don't see Bryan Singer or Chris Nolan losing sleep over this one...& Blade trinity sucked regardless...watch Blade 2-compare & then call me a liar...

Post #: 66
RE: It's not easy going green.. - 15/7/2009 1:13:44 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

Anyone actually read the Nightstalkers comic?? Hannibal King wasn't a stand up-the 3 charcters were very,VERY dark

Again that was due to the script and a decision by the director. So can't all be blamed on Mr Reynolds. I thought he did fine as Deadpool for first part of Wolverine movie personally.

The new Green Lantern script does'nt sound like an out and out comedy to me....could be wrong.

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

(in reply to themanfromunkle)
Post #: 67
RE: - 15/7/2009 1:24:46 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Terrific

The new Green Lantern script does'nt sound like an out and out comedy to me....could be wrong.

I've heard it suggested that there are more lighter elements to it than you'd expect. Have you read a script review or something?

< Message edited by Dirty Hartigan -- 15/7/2009 1:29:16 PM >

(in reply to Dr Quinzel)
Post #: 68
RE: RE: - 15/7/2009 8:53:09 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

've heard it suggested that there are more lighter elements to it than you'd expect. Have you read a script review or something?

In short yep...the latinoreview one...

click

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 69
RE: Well... - 11/11/2009 12:07:18 AM   
motleyangel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noelg25

Can't say I was surprised...Thank God it was neither Justin Timberlake or even Nathan Fillion (seriously why does everyone think he is the best actor ever to walk the earth?). Let's the shooting of this film under way :)

Finally someone else, I was starting to think I was the only person in the world utterly unmoved and underwhelmed by Nathan Fillion!

(in reply to Noelg25)
Post #: 70
RE: Deadpool and The Green Lantern?? - 11/11/2009 12:29:26 AM   
motleyangel

quote:

ORIGINAL: mullerweb

Ryan Reynolds is a very good actor and very entertaining - whether its a piece of work like The Nines, wise-cracking in Blade Trinity, or being the best thing in The Wolverine Movie with only the 3 scenes he had. But while the costume will be much different - won't the character be very similar? Even if one of them is a merc and the other a Crime Fighter? Would not one movie diminish the other? Perhaps an expert on Deadpool and The Green Lantern could enlighten me. Sometimes all it takes is different haircuts for characters to look different, if not sound different.

Paul.

I'm not gonna pretend to be an expert on the Green Lantern but from what I have read the characters aren't as similar as they might seem at first glance and Deadpool has always been a very standout character, even in his own universe - he breaks the fourth wall, is self-aware, talks pop culture - including referencing one Mr Ryan Reynolds as his lookalike (albeit crossed with a shar pei but surely sealing the deal on who should play him once and for all!) and like most Marvel characters has a background laced with tragedy but it's all handled in a slightly different way that makes Deadpool a particularly striking mutant among many.

I think Ryan is the perfect choice for Deadpool, during his brief time in Origins he showed the role fitted him like a glove and I think he's a genuine fan of the character and committed to telling his story properly and erasing all memories of the travesty that befell the character at the end of Origins (and by travesty I mean the total decimation of his history and everything that makes him awesome rather than his beheading). I don't know if he's the right choice for the Green Lantern but I think it's admirable that he's willing to give himself the challenge of pulling off the two roles........at the same time despite the fact the characters are definitely different and my faith in Reynolds as an actor I do share your concern and can't decide whether this was a brave move or a mistake in waiting 

(in reply to mullerweb)
Post #: 71
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> whatever Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI