Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Hughes Horror Collection

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Hughes Horror Collection Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 10/7/2009 11:11:45 PM   
HughesRoss

ZOMBIE VIRUS ON MULBERRY STREET

A recent addition to my DVD collection is this, a Zombie flick set in Manhattan.

When Rats start attacking people for no apparent reason, a virus begins to spread that begins to turn the people on the streets into the blood thirsty undead and a gang of residents in a rundown building try they best to survivie the horrors that is developing outside their door.

Its low budget, as a cast of unknowns, but its effective in its way and as a killer soundtrack.  The characters are well developed and in a sense we begin to care for them which is always a good thing for an horror and every cliche of a Zombie flick is done in the right possible way.

What lets it down is the quite laughable humans who after being bitten begin to turn into hairy, big-eared, pointy teeth Rat-people that instead of being scary makes you just want to snigger...

Overall:  A low budget horror that if you can get past the awful design of the undead, is am ok entry in the tired Zombie stable.....2.5 out of 5

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 61
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 11/7/2009 3:44:52 AM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: HughesRoss

Shannyn Sossamon (Knights tale)

She is cinematic poison. The only good film I've seen her in is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and she doesn't say anything in it and is there for, like, two minutes.

She's the sole reason I'm worried Wristcutters is going to be shit, because I really like Pizzeria Kamikaze, the graphic novel based on the short story Wristcutters is also based on.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 62
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 11/7/2009 1:48:59 PM   
losthighway

quote:

quote:

She is cinematic poison. The only good film I've seen her in is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and she doesn't say anything in it and is there for, like, two minutes.

She's the sole reason I'm worried Wristcutters is going to be shit, because I really like Pizzeria Kamikaze, the graphic novel based on the short story Wristcutters is also based on.

Wristcutters has been out for AGES! And it is one of the dullest films I have ever had the misfortune of sitting through. However, I do think saying she is cinematic poison is a bit harsh, as I thought she was rather good in Rules of Attraction.

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 63
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 11/7/2009 2:45:34 PM   
HughesRoss

Agree with that LH old mate! 

She was pretty good in The Rules Of Attraction, but were'nt she the one that got all funny with a leaf in 40 days 40 nights......really bad love scene.  If it was only that easy I be rakeing my garden every night

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 64
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 11/7/2009 3:10:06 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

quote:

quote:

Wristcutters has been out for AGES! And it is one of the dullest films I have ever had the misfortune of sitting through. However, I do think saying she is cinematic poison is a bit harsh, as I thought she was rather good in Rules of Attraction.

I haven't seen it yet, is what I mean.

And Hughesy, it was a rose petal, I believe, so no wonder you're not finding it easy - sycamore leaves are going to do jack shit.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 65
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 11/7/2009 6:40:50 PM   
losthighway

quote:

I haven't seen it yet, is what I mean.

Watch Rules of Attraction instead, a far better use of your time. In fact, why not make it an Ellis double bill... American Psycho, then Bateman's brother!  Seriously, Wristcutters is dire!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 66
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 11/7/2009 7:40:37 PM   
HughesRoss

CURSED

Following such a popular Trilogy of films was always going to hard for Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson, but Cursed is so far away from the fun and thrills of Scream, by watching it again, you realise how much of a botched job the two idols done.  By trying to do to the werewolf genre to what they done to the Slasher films, they followed their blue print by hiring a young attractive cast, a script full of injokes and even a riff on the Scream music, and what you should have is virtually a Scream 4 all in name, instead you are left with a mix and mash film, that makes you feel very underwhelmed.

Christinia Ricci and her brother are bit by a large animal and find themselves to begin to transform into the very beast that tried to kill them.  All the old cliches are bought to the fore as they ty to discover who the head wolf is, so they can kill it and free them from the curse.  Even writing this review makes me realise that the film offers nothing new or fresh, which is strange thing to say about the writer who give as GhostFace.  There are no set-pieces to marvel at and the final twist to who the King of the Wolves is, as you can guess, is so poor as the person in question walks around with virtually "its me" on their head through out the film.

Joshua Jackson (Fringe) and Pre-Heroes Milio Ventimiglia all lend a hand to this mess that really is shocker from such a great director like Wes...

OVERALL...Like a bad dream, this is as bad as you believe, dull and weak, if you want to see a recent good Werewolf movie, chuck on Ginger Snaps instead....1 out of 5

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 67
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 11/7/2009 11:18:33 PM   
HughesRoss

ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE

A slasher that splits fans down the middle.  This tale starring Amber Heard was critically mauled in some quarters, while others praised it for its originalty.

Amber plays the lead character, a high school virgin and adolescent lust for all the boys.  She is invited on a weekend away to remote ranch in hope to make new friends while the boys there hope to finally "nail" the schools biggest prize.  As the night falls, kegs are drunk and pills are popped Mandy kindly fights off the affections thinking the drunken come-ons will be the worse of it....but she is horrifyingly wrong....an admirer as arrived harbouring some evil ulterior motives...

It takes a while to get going, maybe to much chit chat and not enough bang bang for some, but its well directed by Jonathan Levine and the plot draws you in up until a surprise twist which may take you unexpected.   Its a film that won the Audience Award at the Sundance Film Festival in 2008 and while its not a typical slasher and does not follow the rules of the genre, its quite a good horror thriller that deserves another look.

Overall: The OC meets Friday 13th it states on the cover, its fresh and engaging and and a good addition to the well known formula....3 out of 5

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 68
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 11/7/2009 11:54:20 PM   
HughesRoss

FRIGHT NIGHT

One of the best 80's style horrors that is loved by fans from that era that is all set for the dreaded re-make treatment...

Charley Brewster is a normal American teenager whose mother thinks he watches too much horror movies.  Charley's life is pretty uneventful-until he becomes convinced that his suave and sinister neighbour Jerry Dandridge played with relish by Chris Sarandon is a blood thirsty vampie.  No-one who knows him believes him so he calls in the help of TV horror star Peter Vincent (Roddy Mcdowall) who at first thinks its all a joke until he himself realises that a deadly game of Fright Night as really just began.

Yes its cheesy!

But its one eck of a ride, so watchable even after all these years with so many great scenes especially when Jerry confronts the two heroes for the fisrt time and purrs the words..."Welcome to Fright Night......for real!!!!" oh the childhood memories it brings back....

Also the night club scene in this film is clearly ripped off in Basic Instinct that its really uncanny...  If you love horror films and especially the 80's style films, and if you have never clapped eyes on this...then please you will not be dissapointed.

OVERALL: One of the true 80's horror flicks that is fondly loved and for every reason......3.5 out of 5

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 69
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 12/7/2009 1:04:07 AM   
MI Cruise

quote:

CURSED

Following such a popular Trilogy of films was always going to hard for Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson, but Cursed is so far away from the fun and thrills of Scream,by watching it again, you realise how much of a botched job the two idols done. By trying todo to the werewolf genre to what they done to the Slasher films, they followed their blue print by hiring a young attractive cast, a script full of injokes and even a riff on the Scream music, and what you should have is virtually a Scream 4 all in name, instead you are left with a mix and mash film, that makes you feel very underwhelmed.

Christinia Ricci and her brother are bit by a large animal and find themselves to begin to transform into the very beast that tried to kill them. All the old cliches are bought to the fore as they ty to discover who the head wolf is, so they can kill it and free them from the curse. Even writing this review makes me realise that the film offers nothing new or fresh, which is strange thing to say about the writer who give as GhostFace. There are no set-pieces to marvel at and the final twist to who the King of the Wolves is, as you can guess, is so poor as the person in question walks around with virtually "its me" on their head through out the film.

Joshua Jackson (Fringe) and Pre-Heroes Milio Ventimiglia all lend a hand to this mess that really is shocker from such a great director like Wes...

OVERALL...Like a bad dream, this is as bad as you believe, dull and weak, if you want to see a recent good Werewolf movie, chuck on Ginger Snaps instead....1 out of 5

I thought Cursed wasnt that bad, I think that Christina Ricci wasnt the best person for the role, they should have gotten someone more popular like they did with Courtney Cox in Scream because Freinds at that time was a mega hit.
The werewolf movies aint my favourite cause I perfer zombie movies and slashers better, but I thought this was a decent attempt and if they had made this movie say in 1998 a bit differently with a stronger cast you never know it may have worked.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 70
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 15/7/2009 8:28:56 AM   
HughesRoss

THE HITCHER II
                                                         I HAVE BEEN WAITING

With the high standard of the classic original against it, this long awaited sequel bypassed Cinemas and headed for the dreaded Straight to DvD shelves.

An older Jim Halsey again played by C Thomas Howell is still suffering from nightmares from his past ordeal and along with his girlfriend decides to confront his demons and heads off to the same stretch of Texas road where once again he bumps into a pyscho hitchiker.  What follows is another cat and mouse game as Jim again finds himself in deep trouble and not only as he has to protect himself....but his girlfriend as well.

Yes its just another blatant copy of the original without any of the standout scenes and no Rutger Hauer who passed on the iconic role.  Instead it was left with the much younger Jake Busey to play the mysterious hitchhiker and while he lacks the menace and presence of the big man, his demented face and overall enjoyment of the role, means he is alright and watchable.

If you can fathom the idiotic script which puts Jim back in the same position as he where he was years back, then you may muster some enjoyment of the film.  It does have a few moments of tension and it is watchable but when the only best bits are the flashbacks to the original, then you know the film is in trouble.  One plus note is the new Hitcher seems to drop hints about what happened to Jim in the original, how he knows is never explained, but it does give the film a bit of menace....

OVERALL: Compared to other straight to Dvd crap like Lost Boys 2, this seems like a classic, fans of Rutger's first will spit out blood but for an horror it's watchable
                  fare..........................2 out of 5

< Message edited by HughesRoss -- 15/7/2009 8:30:23 AM >

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 71
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 15/7/2009 10:01:41 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ZOMBIE VIRUS ON MULBERRY STREET

When Rats start attacking people for no apparent reason,

Woohooo.... more reviews. Which brought me to ask whether The Rats or Slugs are part of your library.

I think one of the reasons I didn't get into horror movies might be that I'd pretty much read myself out of horror on the selected works of Herbert and Huston, as well as others. These two stand out to me in the genre as particularly poor adaptations. In the Rats, the mutated rats bear more resemblence to small dogs than rodents and I'm not sure I ever finished that film.

Slugs of course will turn anyone off eating salads and has a great scene when two kids making out are hunted down by slugs, which of course move at the speed of a snail (without a shell), but are still unstoppable. Top quality guff

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 72
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 15/7/2009 1:58:43 PM   
HughesRoss

Sadly those 2 films are missing from my vast amount of horror but I do rememeber them fondly.

Have not seen them for years, loved them as a child but I quess they really not so good now...

Many of Herbets adaptions have been pretty poor, even that dog one, what was it called? FLUKE or something? about a man coming back as a dog. 

Sadly apart from a few King film adaptions and maybe one or two, my horror collection does not have that many!!!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 73
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 16/7/2009 7:09:33 AM   
HughesRoss

DARKNESS FALLS

Another riff on the Blair Witch is this suprise box office hit about an old lady accused of being a witch who comes back from the dead when any child loses their first tooth, not to leave money under their pillow of course, but to kill them...

As a young boy Kyle claims to have seen her and that it killed his mother and years later he has to return to his home town to save his childhood sweetheart Caitilin (Buffy's Emma Caulfield) and her younger brother and discover the truth behind the plague that has consumed the town of Darkness Falls for over 100 years....

Evil is back with a vengenace and its not leaving without Caitilin's brother....

It is maybe a mish mash of better films, but the premise actually works quite well in this effective horror,  If you step into the shadow, the tooth fairy will get you, means loads of set pieces when the lights go out and darkness arrives, and some scenes are  pretty cool while others may grate on you, especially one scene where Kyle buys like a  hundred torches and as soon as all the lights start going out, every torch he pulls out of his bag, does not work... DUH!!!!!!!!!

Its a nice little film, similar to Dead Silence and the creature design is done by the legend of Stan Winston which is always a good thing.

OVERALL: Decent horror that many will enjoy.  Just remember do not lose a tooth............3 out of 5

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 74
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 16/7/2009 7:27:39 AM   
HughesRoss

JACK BROOKS
                                                                        MONSTER SLAYER

After witnessing the brutal murder of his family, Jack Brooks is consumed with an inner rage that he is constantly fighting to control.  One night while working as a plumber Jack unleashes an ancient evil buried deep underground.  His friend and mentor Professor Crowley (Robert FREDDY Englund) soons becomes infected and transforms into a truly gruesome creature.  It is at that moment, Jack must realises he can no longer run from his past and must discover his true calling and also fight the increasing undead........

Yes!  A film that tries so hard to be the new Evil Dead.  Jack Brooks is no other than Ash by name, but lacks the wit and charm of our favourite hero and the film which as stamped - start of franchise- all over it, is so desperate to be a cult that you can not help but notice it.  The film does have its charm, and there are many other homages from films like Dusk till Dawn, but while you watch this, you can not help thinking that if they spend money on this wannabe then just hire good old Bruce and spend the money on Evil Dead 4........

I did enjoy it and it wowed many festivals all over and if you have a fondness for slime, blood, guts, creatures and a kick ass hero, then this maybe a film for you.  For me I would rather just chuck on my Evil Dead 2 in the DVD player and watch the real man do his shit.........

OVERALL: Some fans will lap up the tongue in cheek and goofy effects, it tries too hard to be an Evil Dead and while it is some fun to be had, if there ever came a fight
                   between Jack and Ash., then there will only be one winner..."give me some sugar baby!"..................2 out of 5

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 75
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 16/7/2009 7:57:36 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

quote:

CURSED

Following such a popular Trilogy of films was always going to hard for Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson, but Cursed is so far away from the fun and thrills of Scream, by watching it again, you realise how much of a botched job the two idols done.  By trying to do to the werewolf genre to what they done to the Slasher films, they followed their blue print by hiring a young attractive cast, a script full of injokes and even a riff on the Scream music, and what you should have is virtually a Scream 4 all in name, instead you are left with a mix and mash film, that makes you feel very underwhelmed.

Christinia Ricci and her brother are bit by a large animal and find themselves to begin to transform into the very beast that tried to kill them.  All the old cliches are bought to the fore as they ty to discover who the head wolf is, so they can kill it and free them from the curse.  Even writing this review makes me realise that the film offers nothing new or fresh, which is strange thing to say about the writer who give as GhostFace.  There are no set-pieces to marvel at and the final twist to who the King of the Wolves is, as you can guess, is so poor as the person in question walks around with virtually "its me" on their head through out the film.

I thought Cursed wasnt that bad, I think that Christina Ricci wasnt the best person for the role, they should have gotten someone more popular like they did with Courtney Cox in Scream because Freinds at that time was a mega hit.
The werewolf movies aint my favourite cause I perfer zombie movies and slashers better, but I thought this was a decent attempt and if they had made this movie say in 1998 a bit differently with a stronger cast you never know it may have worked.

It would be too easy to joke about how bad this film was just by using it's title!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 76
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 17/7/2009 9:17:35 PM   
HughesRoss

100 FEET

Bond girl Famke Janssen as not had a memorable time as an actress since her leg crushing vixen in 1996.  Only playing a man in TV hit show Nip/Tuck as been one to put on the radar, but this year, a suprise DvD hit the shelves, a film that passed the cinema's, and one that is much better than many other mainstream films that fill the big screen, a film that Janssen should be proud of.

After seven years in prison, Marnie Watson returns to her old house, under house arrest for the remainder of her sentence. She was jailed for killing her abusive and brutal policeman husband Mike, in self-defence and she must wear an electronic tag around her ankle that only allows her to move 100 feet radius in the house.  Marine realises though that this is the least of her problems, as she is trapped in her house with her dead husband, now a malevolent ghost who is intent on violence and savage revenge......

Think Disturbia meets the Entity and you basically have this neat little horror that as some really good stand out scenes and a good basic plot that does everything you need an horror to do.

A slow build up, as we wonder what is happening, but until she meets her husband, the films kicks up a gear, as she becomes a victim of abuse that at times is quite uncomfortable to watch:  The film bulids up steam to a rollercoaster climax, and while some logic of the script may question you, it does enough to warrant a good night viewing...

OVERALL: Totally Chilling at times, a film destined to be discovered on DvD...a good watch......3 out of 5

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 77
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 17/7/2009 9:28:21 PM   
HughesRoss

WILDERNESS

If you go down to the woods today you will HAVE a big suprise.....

A British slasher flick in which a gang of offenders are sent to a military boot camp on a uninhabited island only to find they are not alone.  A pyschopathic hunter lies in wait, snaring his victims with imaginative booby traps, ravenous dogs and some truly deadly weaponary....for a reason that will shock the last one standing...

We have got DECAPITATION, SEVERED LIMBS and RAVAGED CORPSES...as the director of Deathwatch really goes out to shock...

Its ok!

The typical British cliche of bad youngsters does get a bit annoying, you also share no sympthy for any of them, but for all out blood and guts, horror fans will lap it up. 
Who and why? will come to no shock as the plot is weak and done to death, but the imaginative death scenes and high body count gives this flick a certain enjoyment...

OVERALL: A survival horror that does what it says on the tin.  No great shakes but enjoyable never the less........2.5 out of 5

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 78
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 19/7/2009 5:18:49 PM   
HughesRoss

DAWN OF THE DEAD

Before I review the classic trilogy I will look at the re-make that before release caused rumpus for fans but the aftermath proved to be a delight for nearly every horror fan and one of the only few re-makes that have actually had critical praise as well.

Overnight the world has become a living nightmare of surreal proportions, with the planet's population hit by an inexplicable, unfathomable plague, and the undead are walking then earth.  After a terrifiying escape from her suburban Winsonsin home, Ana Clark runs into a small group of the still-living and they hid in shelter in an abandoned surburban mall....

Sealed off from the rest of what used to be the world, the mall's inhabitants, now one of the last bastions of humanity, must learn to co-exist with each other and use every available resource in their flight to reamin alive and more importantly human....

This is a total blast.  Keeping everything that worked so well from the original and giving it an injection of sheer energy blast, makes this a totally enjoyable flick.  It is gruesome and scary at times, the opening set piece with the little girl in the bedroom is as good as anyhing you want to see in a zombie movie, and while fans of the old may grumble at small things like the undead who now run, oh! and how they can run!! it is only minor gripes, as the film skips by without a breather at a total breathless pace.

This was the 2nd of the trilogies to have been re-made, with Night and Day films being poor, the third actually missing cinema screens all together...its this that does the franchise proud, creating new fans and making them discover the films of old.  If only all re-makes could be like this, take note Rob Zombie and the likes!!!

OVERALL: Totally brilliant, a massive triumph and a Zombie flick that rocks.....4 out of 5

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 79
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 19/7/2009 5:34:10 PM   
HughesRoss

NIGHTMARE HOSTEL

A film I picked up for a 1 as I was seduced once again by the quotes on the cover one that bodly states: "Creates a new level of gruesome beyond that of Hostel and Re-Animator"...

Guess what?

Yep they lied again the bastards!  Based on actual events..(yeah right)...Michael Dare is ordered to enter a facility for  rage disorder at the Straum House, where he along with other patients is subject to a series of tortuous chemical injections and mutilating procedures beyond the darkest imagination.....

Oh its crap.  Seriously, its a bad a horror than I have ever seen, the effects are crap, the acting woreful with Andrew Divoff (Wishmaster) coming from this with no credit whatsoever, it really is as bad as I am writing, the saying goes that it has to be seen to be believed, but I do not wish that on anyone....

OVERALL: Awful beyond anything I can say...please heed my advice........0 out of 5

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 80
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 19/7/2009 6:08:06 PM   
HughesRoss

HALLOWEEN II

REVIEW MOVED TO PAGE 68

< Message edited by HughesRoss -- 20/9/2010 2:08:23 PM >

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 81
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 19/7/2009 6:59:48 PM   
HughesRoss

Wes Craven presents DRACULA 2001

Once again attaching the name Wes Craven to a film virtually makes horror fans sit up and take notice and this was such a suprise box-office hit that it spawned a franchise that is still continuing today.

Updating an old horror icon is always difficult and poor Dracula has been done and stalked to death now that it clearly needs something clever to inject new life into the character.  Apart from a new idea in behind his fear of crosses and who he is, this is a dull aimed at the Scream crowd movie that hard core horror fans will find hard to enjoy.  Jonny Lee Miller and Omar Epps are part of a team of theives who find a cyrpt unopened for 1000 years.  Suddenly the ancient terror is unleashed and its up to Miller, a vampie hunter from London to battle the evil forces and save the day and maybe get the girl...

With TV shows like Buffy and Angel having done a fantastic take on the vampire scene, this film was always going to struggle and the weak script fails to offer anything clever or fresh...Gerald Butler plays the big Vamp and he lacks the movie pressence of a Lee and dare I say it an Oldman, and some scenes where he is in a seductive mood and all the woman are going all mushy over him, seems like a really bad shampoo ad.

Its not a total disaster, there are a few enjoyable scenes but once again when you find youself laughing more than actually being scared, then that really is a bad sign for a film that is tagged as a "Scary Horror!"

OVERALL: Dracula 2001...nah! grab an Hammer Horror with good old Lee and see how a real Vampie does the bite!!!    1 out of 5

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 82
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 19/7/2009 7:21:32 PM   
elab49

We were just talking about Dracula 2001 on the top 100 thread - Pigeon Army's seen Thirst, the git. Crap film - but I like the Judas mythology take.

I agree on Dawn of the Dead as well. Very watchable. I'm not a fan of the originals though.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 83
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 19/7/2009 7:39:09 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

Gerald Butler plays the big Vamp and he lacks the movie pressence of a Lee and dare I say it an Oldman, and some scenes where he is in a seductive mood and all the woman are going all mushy over him, seems like a really bad shampoo ad.

He's becoming one of the marks of a bad movie, isn't he?  Has he actually done anything of worth since Mrs. Brown?

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 84
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 19/7/2009 7:50:25 PM   
elab49

I don't mind 300. But looking down his list only Harrisons Flowers - and he wasn't in it that much that I recall - stands out.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 85
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 19/7/2009 7:52:49 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I don't mind 300.

DEV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 86
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 19/7/2009 7:59:50 PM   
Deviation

quote:

I don't mind 300.

You sicken me.

You only like it for the abs do you?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 87
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 19/7/2009 8:01:41 PM   
elab49

Jeez, what did he do - PM you?

Away with your fascist arguments and reading tons into it. You don't scare me. (The odd physical structures kind of did though )

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 88
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 19/7/2009 8:04:20 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

I swear I didn't. He has a 300 alarm that goes off whenever there's slight praise for the film.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 89
RE: Hughes Horror Collection - 19/7/2009 8:06:07 PM   
Deviation

quote:

Away with your fascist arguments and reading tons into it. You don't scare me. (The odd physical structures kind of did though )

What about the almost sexist insulting portrayal of a "strong" woman? Or the horrible direction, the ugly looking backrounds and most of the viusals, the poor editing, mostly, rubbish dialouge, bad action sequences, boredom...or how appalling it all is? Not just thematically but also technically.

And don't get me started on the fascism.............

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Hughes Horror Collection Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI