Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Moon

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Moon Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moon - 5/7/2009 4:51:45 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
i cant wait - 5/7/2009 4:51:45 PM   
rikku*woop

I so cant wait to see this...i love sam rockwell adn this looks soooo goood.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
i cant wait - 5/7/2009 4:51:46 PM   
rikku*woop

I so cant wait to see this...i love sam rockwell adn this looks soooo goood.

Post #: 3
RE: i cant wait - 5/7/2009 8:04:40 PM   
Drone

Very much looking forward to this... some average reviews, but I don't care; for some reason sci-fi seems to automatically transcend any criticism for me.

(in reply to rikku*woop)
Post #: 4
RE: i cant wait - 7/7/2009 11:11:59 AM   
tftrman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drone

Very much looking forward to this... some average reviews, but I don't care; for some reason sci-fi seems to automatically transcend any criticism for me.

All the reviews I've read so far have been very good. Really looking forward to this.

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 5
RE: Moon - 7/7/2009 10:58:49 PM   
wgamador

Hopefully ill be watching this tomorrow night. and will definately post a NO SPOILER review.

I heard its very good....

"And as he, who with laboring breath has escaped from the deep
to the shore, turns to the perilous waters and gazes..."

Post #: 6
RE: Moon - 8/7/2009 11:11:50 AM   
Filmfan 2

I can confirm it is very good. I saw it at this years EIFF and it was definitely one of my highlights of the festival. It's great to see the UK film industry producing a film like this, for a change.

I am not drinkin' any fuckin' Merlot!

"All I wanted me was a piece of cornbread, you motherfuckers!"

Defender of all things Batman Begins

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 7
RE: Moon - 8/7/2009 12:17:28 PM   
Workshed

This movie looks amazing. I'll be travelling next week so I'll miss the release here but I'm hoping to watch it when I get back.

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to Filmfan 2)
Post #: 8
RE: Moon - 10/7/2009 12:36:47 AM   
Bickle

quote:

ORIGINAL: wgamador

Hopefully ill be watching this tomorrow night. and will definately post a NO SPOILER review.

I heard its very good....

How will you be seeing it?!

I'm really looking forward to this but it's not featured in the 'coming soon' section on the websites of Vue OR Cineworld!

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 9
RE: Moon - 10/7/2009 10:54:42 AM   
Damon_Wise

Handy list here:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/damonwise/post.asp?id=573

(in reply to Bickle)
Post #: 10
RE: Moon - 10/7/2009 11:27:47 AM   
tftrman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Damon_Wise

Handy list here:

Thanks Damon! Only on at Vue in Brum, do not like Star City at all. Hopefully The Electric will show it at some point.

(in reply to Damon_Wise)
Post #: 11
RE: Moon - 10/7/2009 3:37:51 PM   
Ethanial

It truly is a corker. I was having doubts near the start, but come the last 40 minutes it really got into me, and was certainly the best film I've seen all summer long.

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 12
RE: Moon - 10/7/2009 5:00:15 PM   
Bickle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Damon_Wise

Handy list here:

Nice one. Cardiff's my nearest so I'll definitely see it!

(in reply to Damon_Wise)
Post #: 13
Odeon miss the mark - 13/7/2009 2:30:02 PM   
Ed

Based upon the Empire review I suspect that the Odeon web site may be giving slightly the wrong impression of this film by saying "If you liked ‘Transformers’ and ‘Star Trek’, you’ll love ‘Moon’. "

Post #: 14
Deffo Worth Watching - 13/7/2009 2:34:04 PM   
albumental

Rockwell's performance is stunning and the practical effects somehow feel more authentic than all the CG in the world.

But maybe that's just me.

Post #: 15
So....? - 13/7/2009 4:10:16 PM   
eboe

Why only 4/5 Empire? I'm confused, you've just reviewed what sounds like my perfect Sci-Fi film!? Moon sounds like a cross between 2001 and Castaway, and if that's true I really can't wait to slap my eyeballs all over this one! Plus it's about time Sam Rockwell got the credit he deserves!

Post #: 16
RE: So....? - 13/7/2009 8:36:45 PM   
hughjass

Finding a cinema that's showing it is going to be my biggest challenge. Neither the AMC nor the Cineworld in Birmingham have it listed and it's not on at the Electric for another month. Why is it that the low key, must see films are always the hardest ones to actually see?!

(in reply to eboe)
Post #: 17
Why isnt this film getting more screenings - 14/7/2009 12:47:05 PM   
benbob

To say i'm anoyed about the limited screenings of this film is a major understatement! I have been waiting to see it ever since reviews came outta Sundance back in January and the trailer reinforced my desire. The film industry is the first to bemoan piracy and how it is ruining film. Well surely then the cinemas (a major part of the wheel) are equally to blame by blatantly not showing a low budget movie with such excellent reviews. I hate to admit this but I will be looking for a man in a pub to sell me a copy of this movie and I cant wait! My faith in the film industry wains on a daily basis, will films like this stop being made because no-one wants to finace them if no-one gets to watch them?

I had some faith restored with Watchmen back in March a film that I personally thought I would never see, but even with its obvious flaws, its a bold adaptation that stuck to the source material as well as it could. Finaced by a studio who weren't affraid of the R rating and a director who had the vision to pull if of

To say i'm royally pissed off is an understatement.

< Message edited by benbob -- 14/7/2009 1:00:02 PM >

Post #: 18
Fucking disgrace - 14/7/2009 4:25:44 PM   
richithekiller

Moon is not showing anywhere near me. I am very cross.

Post #: 19
RE: Fucking disgrace - 15/7/2009 1:29:14 PM   
eboe

Tell me about it! I've got an 'unlimited' pass that apparently entitles me to 'unlimited' films but it's more like 'unlimited' 'blockbusters' (otherwise known as 'unlimited' shite).

However, I am 'lucky' enough to have a VUE cinema 10 miles away thats showing it but if it wasn't for that I would of had to travel 50+ miles!!! Even tho it makes my blood boil that I will have to pay to watch a film that I have effectively already paid for but because Cineworld are blinkered and complete sellouts, I now have to travel to the 'dark' side. BASTARDS!!!

(in reply to richithekiller)
Post #: 20
RE: Fucking disgrace - 15/7/2009 2:44:19 PM   
Film Brain

I really want to see this too. Will I get a chance? No, because bloody Harry Potter is on three screens. (!!!) In a seven screen cinema. Perfect for anyone who doesn't want to watch it, like me...

(in reply to eboe)
Post #: 21
RE: Fucking disgrace - 16/7/2009 9:47:38 PM   
wgamador

I cant decide wether to watch MOON or THE HURT LOCKER tonight.....any suggestions ?

"And as he, who with laboring breath has escaped from the deep
to the shore, turns to the perilous waters and gazes..."

(in reply to Film Brain)
Post #: 22
RE: Fucking disgrace - 16/7/2009 9:55:45 PM   
The Hooded Man

Come on people, you have to be fair, the local multiplexes have only got a dozen screens to show Transformers Revenge of the Editing Room and Harry Potter and Template that's Been Used for Every Film So Far.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 23
- 17/7/2009 4:38:27 AM   
blindlemonpie

Just awesome. After a summer of disappointing studio crap this is a breath of fresh air. Sam Rockwells performance will be criminally ignored, but this is oscar winning stuff. The guy keeps you captivated for the entire running time and he's basically running solo.

Warning: If your a popcorn munching freak who loved Transformers dont waste your time.

Post #: 24
RE: - 17/7/2009 3:31:26 PM   
Citizen Dildo

Saw this earlier today and I'd say the Empire review is almost spot on, although I'd edge more towards 3 than 4 stars.  Going in I had expectations of similar themes to Solaris and certainly there are a number of echoes of Soderbergh's remake as the pace is slow in the extreme.  Although that is not a criticism in the slightest.......

Anyway Im just happy to go watch something with ambition and Moon has that in spades.

I actually found the old fashioned effects quite charming, Spacey's voice works well and Rockwell is a revelation (as always).  The man just enhances any film he's in and he deserves great praise for his work here, although to go into too much detail would be spoilerific.

Recommended, although not the masterpiece some might claim.

Why would anyone ever wanna leave Baltimore?

(in reply to blindlemonpie)
Post #: 25
places to see it - 17/7/2009 5:02:37 PM   
blink

ok so obviously not a review. Is this only going to be shown in limited cinemas? Because after seeing the advert online i was desperate to see it. I'll be so gutted if it does not come out near me.

Post #: 26
RE: Fucking disgrace - 17/7/2009 8:06:24 PM   
lamby

quote:

ORIGINAL: eboe

Tell me about it! I've got an 'unlimited' pass that apparently entitles me to 'unlimited' films but it's more like 'unlimited' 'blockbusters' (otherwise known as 'unlimited' shite).

However, I am 'lucky' enough to have a VUE cinema 10 miles away thats showing it but if it wasn't for that I would of had to travel 50+ miles!!! Even tho it makes my blood boil that I will have to pay to watch a film that I have effectively already paid for but because Cineworld are blinkered and complete sellouts, I now have to travel to the 'dark' side. BASTARDS!!!

Im sorry but you are the idiot here. You are the one willingly paying Cineworld 13/14 a month to watch this so called shite. If you expected Cineworld to show smaller films then you are an even bigger fool. I once had a cineworld pass, but when I signed up I new full well what to expect.

(in reply to eboe)
Post #: 27
RE: Fucking disgrace - 17/7/2009 11:05:31 PM   
hughjass

quote:

ORIGINAL: lamby

quote:

Im sorry but you are the idiot here. You are the one willingly paying Cineworld 13/14 a month to watch this so called shite. If you expected Cineworld to show smaller films then you are an even bigger fool. I once had a cineworld pass, but when I signed up I new full well what to expect.

Another idiot here then! My nearest cinemas at home and work are both Cineworld and given that I like to go at least once a week, there's no way I could afford it at another chain. It's a shame that other cinema chains don't do similar schemes. Annoying though, that I can't get to see everything that's released using it.

(in reply to lamby)
Post #: 28
RE: Fucking disgrace - 18/7/2009 9:41:12 AM   
boblog

quote:

ORIGINAL: hughjass

quote:

ORIGINAL: lamby

quote:

Another idiot here then! My nearest cinemas at home and work are both Cineworld and given that I like to go at least once a week, there's no way I could afford it at another chain. It's a shame that other cinema chains don't do similar schemes. Annoying though, that I can't get to see everything that's released using it.

Um, saw this in Cineworld last night using my unlimited card....... absolutely packed out in there so fingers crossed it'll open up in a few more branches, it deserves to. Empires review is spot on, 4/5 on first watch although actually very tempted to go see it again if its out for long enough,,,

(in reply to hughjass)
Post #: 29
RE: Fucking disgrace - 18/7/2009 5:32:07 PM   
hughjass

Which one was it? Only on at a handful of Cineworlds, two of which are in Milton Keyens and Sheffield. I'm amazed that Britain's '2nd city' Birmingham, isn't showing it in more than one cinema.

(in reply to boblog)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Moon Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI