Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: COLLATERAL

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: COLLATERAL Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: COLLATERAL - 5/7/2011 10:29:57 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Watching this now. The digital photography is gorgeous to look at, makes LA look amazing. Seriously awesome film. I love the shot of Cruise running full pelt towards the camera across the bridge after Max has stolen his briefcase, it's only a brief glimpse but it makes Vincent look a wolf chasing down his prey. I don't think anyone involved with Collateral has done anything better...

Absolutely.

I disagree.For one thing its hardly Manns best film.Heat and Last Of the Mohicans are much better films,and Tom Cruise has made better movies also(although his performance is great here).

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 31
RE: COLLATERAL - 5/7/2011 10:34:24 PM   
Scott_

Heat and Last of the Mohicans are both awesome films too...I just prefer Collateral. However, I don't think Tom Cruise has made a better movie but Minority Report comes damn close.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 32
RE: Collateral - 10/7/2011 12:35:56 PM   
Nihilism in the UK

Tom Cruises, Vincent, character was really entertaining and mysterious. He's a character you can tell has been through a lot of pain and misery in his life. A man who is physically alive but emotionaly dead. "Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars and a speck on one in a blink. That's us. Lost in space. The cop, you, me...who notices?"

(in reply to Ghost Mutt)
Post #: 33
RE: Collateral - 12/7/2011 9:17:52 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nihilism in the UK

Tom Cruises, Vincent, character was really entertaining and mysterious. He's a character you can tell has been through a lot of pain and misery in his life. A man who is physically alive but emotionaly dead. "Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars and a speck on one in a blink. That's us. Lost in space. The cop, you, me...who notices?"

Absolutely. And cooler than the other side of the pillow.

COLLATERAL is, alongside MINORITY REPORT, Snake-Eyes' favourite Cruise film. Can't believe he went from this awesomeness to that Knight & Day stupidity, the unnecessary MISSION 4 and that 'Rock of Ages' thing with Russell Twat.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Nihilism in the UK)
Post #: 34
RE: Collateral - 14/7/2011 11:23:54 PM   
Biggus

"I off one fat Angelino and you throw hissy fit."

So many great quotes and great scenes in this film. One of the finest scripts in the last 10 years.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 35
RE: Collateral - 17/7/2011 10:40:52 PM   
azzman1984

This is easily Tom Cruise's most bad ass role to date, such an awesome film from start to finish plus loving The Stath's cameo!!

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 36
COLLATERAL - 17/10/2011 6:56:37 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Watching this one on blu-ray right now; looks and sounds great! I hope the Cruiser works with the main Mann again someday.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 37
RE: COLLATERAL - 15/3/2012 10:26:12 PM   
Whistler

Heat is still my favourite Mann film, but every time I watch Collateral it sneaks a little bit closer. Methinks it's going to be on par with it soon, and maybe even overtake...

Eddy's Film Review
Latest: Need For Speed, Under The Skin, 300: Rise Of An Empire

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 38
RE: COLLATERAL - 16/3/2012 1:51:33 AM   
Spaldron

Not seen this in years, such a good film. Really must give this another watch soon.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 39
RE: COLLATERAL - 16/3/2012 2:06:53 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Not seen this in years, such a good film. Really must give this another watch soon.

I concur. The last time I watched it, was way before I met you and that's a long time ago!

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 16/3/2012 2:07:33 AM >

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 40
RE: Collateral - 16/3/2012 10:24:13 AM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Mann's best film, far better than the greatly-overrated Heat.

Nurse? Nurse?! He's out of bed again!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 41
RE: Collateral - 20/3/2012 5:49:57 PM   
MartinBlank76

I watched this last night and really enjoyed it as always. I think the director and cast and crew elevate a script that while pretty good in places at other times skirts with the same old cliches. I have a feeling that another director behind the lens and maybe other actors and it could have possibly ended up a much less interesting, standard, by the book, possibly even cheesy thriller.

Watching it again I remembered how great the cast was, not just the main two but bruce gill, javier bardem, mark ruffalo, peter berg and jason stathom of course.

I'm just a fella. I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 911 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think thats just a little bit better.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 42
RE: Collateral - 23/3/2012 9:44:19 PM   
sanctumest

This is the only film I've seen Cruise in and enjoyed his acting. Not that I think he's a bad actor, and I enjoy most of his films, but he's just so....Cruise. Anyway, in this role he didn't try to justify his character, and I think it suits him well. Cold, calculating Cruise is so much better than his normal turn.

(in reply to MartinBlank76)
Post #: 43
RE: Collateral - 23/3/2012 9:47:52 PM   
Cool Breeze

Its a good film but a little overated.Cruise is great but i think the grey hair and his overall appearance was a lttle OTT.

I also dont rate Jamie Foxx that much as an actor.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to sanctumest)
Post #: 44
RE: Collateral - 24/3/2012 6:54:30 PM   
Vadersville

Its a crime that this film has gathered dust for the past few years on a DVD rack. Plus the missus hasn't seen it! Definitley time for a rewatch!

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 45
RE: Collateral - 22/4/2012 7:27:55 PM   
filmfanatic123

Saw this yesterday for the first time - been meaning to watch it for ages.

Just oozes quality - Cruise and Foxx are both sensational, Jada Pinkett Smith is great but the cinematography is the real star.

Wish I'd seen it at the cinema.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 46
RE: Collateral - 2/9/2012 1:19:51 AM   
max314

Drifting through the desolate nightscape of the City of Angels mirrors the journey we're taking through the mind of Tom Cruise's silver-haired assassin, and the epiphany of emptiness both he and his hostage undergo as they simultaneously destroy and enrich each other in ways that neither could have foreseen.

★★★★★

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to filmfanatic123)
Post #: 47
RE: Collateral - 6/9/2012 4:18:40 PM   
Void Indigo

I re-watched this film on blu-ray recently - great stuff. Cruise is cool.

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: COLLATERAL Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI