Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Meadows Says Beware The Devil

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Meadows Says Beware The Devil Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Meadows Says Beware The Devil - 1/7/2009 11:38:02 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 1/7/2009 11:38:02 AM   
**preet**

can't wait!! shane meadows is a great director and dead man's shoes is my favourite..so if it will make that look like play school..bring it on!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 1/7/2009 2:55:20 PM   
Ghost Mutt

Considering the effect both Dead Man's Shoes and This is England had on me, a Shane Meadow's horror will be absolutely brutal. Most excellent. 

Picking my scabs.

(in reply to **preet**)
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 1/7/2009 3:21:42 PM   
tftrman

What's happened to the film he was doing with Considine about the gyspy boxing champ? I thought that was going to be his next film after Somers Town and now this Le Donk film is coming out.

(in reply to Ghost Mutt)
Post #: 4
I love this guy! - 1/7/2009 6:57:46 PM   
MrJinx

Meadows is such a great film maker! He's versatile and his films generally manage to convey strong emotions. This is England is a true masterpiece.

Post #: 5
- 1/7/2009 11:46:54 PM   
tobywan

Meadows is our Scorsese, Eastwood and Peckinpa rolled into one, we have been waiting for a talent as unique as his for years. All of his films are complex enough and communicate well enough to traverse boundaries. I love his wit and humanity and unflinching truth. Whatever he does, he does well, even his misstep that was 'once upon a time...' is worlds better than most firing on all cylinders. Good luck Shane, and I cant wait for your next step towards deserved status as one of the greats.

Post #: 6
I think one of the things that makes this guy so good... - 2/7/2009 10:37:05 AM   
albumental

Is that he seems to really enjoy film making. So many directors go to great lengths to show how they suffer for their art. He has a lot of fun playing around with the process and it transfers to the screen. His films are effortlessly watchable without being banal.

I think he's an understated genius personally.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Meadows Says Beware The Devil Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI