Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Black Books

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Black Books Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Black Books - 6/3/2006 7:36:44 PM   
Haylo

How have I managed to miss this thread!! All I have to say is-

"Bernard- I ate all your bees!"

I have the boxset that was shown in one of the earlier posts, it has a fantastic introduction written by Dylan Moran:
This complete boxset gathers together all nine hundred and fourteen episodes of the acclaimed documentary 'Black Books'. From the moment Ishmael finds the magic fleece in the golden ring we know we are in for a rollercoaster ride of hellz-a-poppin fun. And hey- what's a little breakfast nudity between such spirited protagonists as Dex, Tafyy and Munkle,their trusty chimney sweep/ computer genius/ psychic.

Throughout their adventures in the parallel universe known as FlinpF-9, we laugh along as their small intestines shrink in the forbidding nitrous atmosphere. Not until King Pizzle unmasks the dreaded Triton of Ultragong will order be restored to the peaceful peoples of Wilberbilberwer. It's up to Dex, Taffy, Munkle and YOU... Vote now for your favourite thing and you too, could win a thing.

Am trying to remember my fave moments, but there's so many- the picture of Manny with his hair cut, Simon Pegg's role (funny but scary as we actually did have a boss like that at the book shop I used to work at), the episode with the travel writer, fran seeing that guy with the voice, Bernard pretending to be a lawyer, and Fran trying to seduce her landlord. Wow, I managed to remember a few of them lol

'They all agreed that he was right to kill the publisher, and to do so with a flugelhorn was a stroke of genius'

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 31
RE: Black Books - 20/8/2006 6:10:06 PM   
Tohru_Readman

Black Books is wonderful, it has to be one of the best comedy shows of the past few years. The cast are great and  all of the guest spots are excellent, my favourite guest spot was Julian Rhind-Tutt as the travel writing, closely follow by Simon Pegg as creepy bookstore manager of the store next door.

Just because they serve you doesn't mean they like you.

(in reply to Haylo)
Post #: 32
RE: Black Books - 21/8/2006 10:41:57 AM   
Jonty

My fave lines (all from Bernard)

Up with this I will not put!

Dont make me laugh, Bitterly.

I think you should wash your beard. Then shave it off, nail it to a frisbee and fling it over a rainbow...

http://notesfromasmalltaibach.blogspot.com

(in reply to Tohru_Readman)
Post #: 33
RE: Black Books - 21/8/2006 4:48:18 PM   
nimmy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Haylo

How have I managed to miss this thread!! All I have to say is-

"Bernard- I ate all your bees!"

I have the boxset that was shown in one of the earlier posts, it has a fantastic introduction written by Dylan Moran:
This complete boxset gathers together all nine hundred and fourteen episodes of the acclaimed documentary 'Black Books'. From the moment Ishmael finds the magic fleece in the golden ring we know we are in for a rollercoaster ride of hellz-a-poppin fun. And hey- what's a little breakfast nudity between such spirited protagonists as Dex, Tafyy and Munkle,their trusty chimney sweep/ computer genius/ psychic.

Throughout their adventures in the parallel universe known as FlinpF-9, we laugh along as their small intestines shrink in the forbidding nitrous atmosphere. Not until King Pizzle unmasks the dreaded Triton of Ultragong will order be restored to the peaceful peoples of Wilberbilberwer. It's up to Dex, Taffy, Munkle and YOU... Vote now for your favourite thing and you too, could win a thing.

Great show!!

'Bernard's Letter' from the extra's is great as well:
as I am an innovater and therefore I may freely address you as.... Pissmidget

Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water-bath is to the body.

(in reply to Haylo)
Post #: 34
RE: Black Books - 22/5/2007 3:49:36 PM   
a_mite_whimsical

I absolutely love black books; it's rare where I find a show where I find each of the main characters equally funny.
I have to say two of my favourite bits are the one where bernard eats a wine bottle ice lolly and also the one where he walks out from behind the curtain with his arm in a ridiculous cast to see fran whose neck is in a brace, and he says my favourite line
"Sorry, no can do, neckface"

Strange, I know, but it had me giggling for days afterwards (I'm still a bit giggly now tbh)

Blair: You're disgusting
Chuck: Yes, I am...So why be shy?

Member of COBW

(in reply to nimmy)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Black Books Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI