Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Formula One

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Formula One Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Formula One - 20/3/2007 11:41:27 AM   
John_P

decent start to the season, wasn't expecting much to happen after the qualifying. great pass by Hamilton at the start, the kids one for the future certainly. surprised how dominant ferrari looked though.

The highways jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Everybodys out on the run tonight but theres no place left to hide

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 121
RE: Formula One - 21/3/2007 4:24:28 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Im so glad that formula one has started again - god, i forgot there would be a thread about it on here.

i was upset that raikkonen left mclaren last season, and to find out he signed to ferrari in 2005 was a shock.

but he deserves a world championship, and this year i think will be his year, though i wud have prefered it to be a mclaren.

i was glad he won the race, and i was glad mclaren ame second and third.

ideal season for me would be...raikkonen win drivers champ and mclaren win constructors.

i loved it when alonso passed hamilton on the pit stop, i knew it would happen. experience over youth any day. but i was glad hamilton did so well.

oh and WTF has happened t renault!

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to John_P)
Post #: 122
RE: Formula One - 21/3/2007 4:28:52 PM   
keca_2000

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sumintelligentguy

Im so glad that formula one has started again - god, i forgot there would be a thread about it on here.

i was upset that raikkonen left mclaren last season, and to find out he signed to ferrari in 2005 was a shock.

but he deserves a world championship, and this year i think will be his year, though i wud have prefered it to be a mclaren.

i was glad he won the race, and i was glad mclaren ame second and third.

ideal season for me would be...raikkonen win drivers champ and mclaren win constructors.

i loved it when alonso passed hamilton on the pit stop, i knew it would happen. experience over youth any day. but i was glad hamilton did so well.

oh and WTF has happened t renault!

But Raikkonen's so boring! He comes across as having had a personality lobotomy! He may be a quick driver but I could never bring myself to support him, I have to care about the personality to support someone properly and in his case....nope nada zip.

I'm not sure it was so much Alonso's experience that got him past Hamilton, as the better strategy option employed by the team.

RE: Renault. I think basically they no longer have a driver of Alonso's calibre. I reckon he was able to get that bit more out of the car which made them competitive pace-wise. Now he's gone, they're in a bit of a pickle. That said, I will get on to my mate at Renault F1 and ask him for you

I believe in only using my powers when the situation demands it.

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 123
RE: Formula One - 21/3/2007 7:40:51 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

keca, i love you avatar, jeniffer garner with red hair is fucking amazingly buff...oh and how was venice??

ok i was vering off the subject...

cheers let me knw what the renult guy says.

i was suprised  by bmw too, such good pace. i support raikkonen because he has come so close to title many times. like his first year at mclaren i think it was, where in the last race he needed to come first and schumacher needed to come 8th, schuey came eighth but raikkonen came 2nd, so close but yet so far!

and mclaren have failed to have a reliable car, hardly rakkionens fault. he could have one two years ago, again so close. ive stuck with him through thick and thin, and im glad he is doing well.

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 124
RE: Formula One - 22/3/2007 11:18:55 AM   
keca_2000

quote:

keca, i love you avatar, jeniffer garner with red hair is fucking amazingly buff...oh and how was venice??

ok i was vering off the subject...

cheers let me knw what the renult guy says.

i was suprised  by bmw too, such good pace. i support raikkonen because he has come so close to title many times. like his first year at mclaren i think it was, where in the last race he needed to come first and schumacher needed to come 8th, schuey came eighth but raikkonen came 2nd, so close but yet so far!

and mclaren have failed to have a reliable car, hardly rakkionens fault. he could have one two years ago, again so close. ive stuck with him through thick and thin, and im glad he is doing well.

Cheer m'dears  I told everyone Venice was awesome in that 'I want to go thread' when I got back! But, just to reiterate for you, yes, it was AWESOME!  End of carnival was totally the best time to be there and we were just there at that time by pure luck!

Anyhoo - F1

I will indeed ask my Renault mate for you. I love having a mate who works there, it means I get the inside scoop on things sometimes, or the real story and not what's fed to press  Sadly, he's a very busy guy so quite difficult to get hold of. I caught him online briefly last night, but didn't have time to ask!

I guess that was quite gutting that year when Kimi was so close... and kudos for you with sticking with the guy. I just find him so boring! Also, reports from the paddock give the general consensus that he doesn't care much about the team or spend much time helping with car development. Allegedly he just rocks up on race day, jumps in the car, drives really quickly and then goes home. I kind of think if you're in the amazingly priviledged position of driving for an F1 team, you should be a bit more committed. But that is all based on rumour and speculation....

Post #: 125
RE: Formula One - 22/3/2007 6:47:10 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

He likes to keep himself to himself.

i plan to go to the german grand prix if i go travelling in the summer. but i will need t rent a car to get there, and hopefuly all i will need is my driving license. it would be INSANE!

i hope mclaren get quicker, FAST! (lol no pun intended - well only a little bit) - coz i want them to properly challenge for the constructers. i think it will be out of bmw/mclaren/ferrari with mclaren coming out on top hopefully. was so suprised with bmw in melbourne, they looked so good.

i guess we will see next race if ferrari are consistant etc...

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 126
RE: Formula One - 25/3/2007 8:01:34 PM   
mjwicks

quote:

ORIGINAL: keca_2000
But Raikkonen's so boring! He comes across as having had a personality lobotomy! He may be a quick driver but I could never bring myself to support him, I have to care about the personality to support someone properly and in his case....nope nada zip.

Raikkonens not that boring, (he's certainly exciting to watch on the track anyway) just not talkative in front of the camera's (and not very easy to understand what the hell he is saying when he does speak). Brundle was saying the guy never stops talking when you go out with him (we'll have to take his word for that I guess). And on the grid at last years Brazilian GP when he asked Kimi: "Weren't you going up to see Michaels presentation?" "No I was having a sh*t."
And the guy has some wild nights out by the sounds. And how was this for just days before the Australian GP:

"Kimi Raikkonen risked injury just days before the start of the new season by taking part in a 15-mile snowmobile race. The Ferrari ace, who earns over 1m a race, hit speeds of over 80mph on snow and ice in Finland to beat a 90-strong field. Raikkonen entered under the name of 1970s British world champion James Hunt, who was famous for his drinking, smoking and womanising ways. As well as risking personal damage before Sunday's Australian GP, he was one of last drivers to arrive in Melbourne."
Got to love the James Hunt thing haha.

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 127
RE: Formula One - 26/3/2007 2:11:44 AM   
Private Hudson

Hey, I will be in KL for the Malaysian GP 2 weeks today.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to mjwicks)
Post #: 128
RE: Formula One - 27/3/2007 11:42:53 AM   
keca_2000

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

Urge to kill, rising.....

You lucky lucky thing! Who will you be cheering on?

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 129
RE: Formula One - 27/3/2007 3:09:26 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

i hope to go see the german grand prix, as keca you already know...

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 130
RE: Formula One - 27/3/2007 3:12:50 PM   
mjwicks

I hate that its all too expensive for me to go and see 
I've only ever managed to go to Donington to see the MotoGP once, but never have I seen an F1 car driven in anger, only silent on stands at my local ASDA haha

Post #: 131
RE: Formula One - 27/3/2007 7:37:48 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

Awesome! that is one i would like to see.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 132
RE: Formula One - 8/4/2007 10:20:30 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

What an entertaining GP, great to see Alonso and Hamilton stuff it too Raikonnen and Ferrari  Massa was poor today and Kimi just didn't have the speed, only towards the end he got that but it was too late. Hamilton takes a second place, this guy keeps such a cool head. He's looking very good.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 133
RE: Formula One - 8/4/2007 1:12:22 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Yer Hamilton had a good race, i was well chuffed with his defensive manouvres at the begging. Im glad Mclaren won, and im glad Kimi came top out of the two ferraris. Alonso only really won because of Hamilton, so Hamilton is my driver of the day.

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 134
RE: Formula One - 8/4/2007 1:43:38 PM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

Yer Hamilton had a good race, i was well chuffed with his defensive manouvres at the begging. Im glad Mclaren won, and im glad Kimi came top out of the two ferraris. Alonso only really won because of Hamilton, so Hamilton is my driver of the day.

Agreed

Post #: 135
RE: Formula One - 8/4/2007 6:59:05 PM   
Rhubarb

No idea what Massa was up to today, he really had a bit of a mare. Lewis really cut it a bit fine in the end, but he is driving well well beyond his years at the moment, he's really going to be a top-class driver, he had a great drive today.

Also, isn't it interesting that Massa and Kimi in the Ferrari's were going toe to toe, whereas the McLaren's were willing to function as a team

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 136
RE: Formula One - 10/4/2007 10:49:58 AM   
keca_2000

I think the team spirit at McLaren will be invaluble this year, particularly to Hamilton. I loved the way they hugged when they got out of the cars! Having the 2 times world champion as your team-mate has got to be a great bonus, and since they're both such young guys as well, it looks like they are developing a great relationship which will benefit them both. Of course neither one would give the other an inch on the race track if the opportunity arose, and nor should they!

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 137
RE: Formula One - 10/4/2007 6:41:48 PM   
Rhubarb

How miffed did Kimi look spraying the champers half heartedly as well, he looked as though it was the last place he wanted to be

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 138
RE: Formula One - 16/4/2007 12:11:13 PM   
keca_2000

Again, I missed the race this week, but.... Hamilton 2nd again and right up there with the other championship contenders! Early days still I know but that's incredible!

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 139
RE: Formula One - 16/4/2007 12:28:11 PM   
HIM

Agreed early days but we keep saying that and he keeps proving us wrong. It's like nothing phases him. Look at what he did to Massa in Malaysia. I think he's actually been a little unlucky this year with regards to strategy, particularly yesterday when the long middle stint effectively cost him the win. This is proving to be the best season for a very long time. 4 drivers who could all win the championship going hell for leather every race. Shame we have to wait a month for the next race.

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 140
RE: Formula One - 16/4/2007 3:39:21 PM   
Rhubarb

Wow, yeah it really is shaping up to be the best season in aaages. as HIM has pointed out - 4 quality drivers all pushing one another. Dissapointing in a way to see Renault so far off the pace (that would really mix things up) but good to see BMW might break out of the middle-teams-staying-just-there catagory at some stage.

By the way, how inevitable was DC retiring from the race, as soon as he was climbing up the field i just knew something was going to happen!

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 141
RE: Formula One - 15/5/2007 9:30:11 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

So the young lad is leading the field eh? 4 podium finishes in his first 4 races can't be sniffed at

Heard on the news yesterday that they're adding two more street races onto the 2008 calender to go with Monaco. Singapora (at NIGHT!) and Valencia.

I'm not sure if these are additions or replacing a couple of the current races, if so I hope it's not Silverstone.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 142
RE: Formula One - 15/5/2007 10:34:19 PM   
TRM

Interesting news - street races split people after all. Either the most glamourous excitng thing ever, or just a street procession depending on your viewpoint. To be honest I'm surprised in a sense that Silverstone is still on the calender, its faced the axe for so long.

As for young Lewis Hamilton, he is doing unbelivably well. And it shows how interesting this season is going to be - he's not won a race but his consistancy has put him at the top. Its gonna be a great season

I'm going out to the states to redeem the social outcasts. My only real ambition is to cultivate Texas. I love Texas. You must watch "The last picture show". That film! It was my first real sexual relationship.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 143
RE: Formula One - 16/5/2007 5:52:24 PM   
keca_2000

Couldn't agree more! Hamilton is doing amazingly well, and his composure is just so cool. Yesterday he posted the fastest time at the circuit they are all testing at this week too... by a second! On to Monaco where he's raced successfully before, which has to be a bonus given that some of the tracks so far he'd never seen before. How the pressure isn't getting to him I'll never know. What do you all think about Kimi disappearing off before the race was even over? DIVA! Alonso didn't look too happy after the race either. Toys out the pram moment I think. I loved seeing Hamilton and Massa having a bit of banter though  That was nice.

(in reply to TRM)
Post #: 144
RE: Formula One - 16/5/2007 6:09:00 PM   
Rhubarb

The thing with Kimi is, i think he thought the title would be his this season, he thought it would be his year. And yet here's this young guy who's rightly getting all the plaudits in his debut year.

As for Hamilton and Massa - they've been toe-to-toe this year and its good that they seem to have a healthy professional rivalry, they seem to respect one another, and yet it all goes out the window on the track. And yeah its good to see Lewis has the wherewithall to take part in that kind of banter, shows he's not intimidated. I'd be happy if they were one and two all season, see how Kimi and Alonso like that

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 145
RE: Formula One - 16/5/2007 6:25:06 PM   
keca_2000

Haha totally! I think that maybe helps the whole Massa/Hamilton dynamic, knowing that they're both the supposed number 2 drivers and yet they really aren't acting like it  I love how close this championship looks like being too! To have 4 drivers in contention is rare and very exciting.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 146
RE: Formula One - 16/5/2007 6:51:50 PM   
Rhubarb

It is shaping up to be a really really exciting and unpredicatble season, which can only be good. Like you say the fact that any one of four could take it is fantastic. Its almost a shame Renault have fallen off the pace without Alonso because to have six in contention  maybe i just want my cake and eat it!

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 147
RE: Formula One - 16/5/2007 8:20:01 PM   
keca_2000

It is a shame about the Renaults... I have a new theory that it's the fact their colour scheme is so lame this year it's slowing them down....! My mate who works for them wishes they were in contention too - not so many bonuses on the horizon for him this year! They used to have champagne at the factory every Monday after they won a race. Think of all the champagne last year!! Extreme drought from here on in sadly. Just realised we haven't spared a word for DC yet, who did really well at the weekend too. Most other drivers would've had to retire with that gear problem, which shows you why Red Bull are hanging on to a guy with as much experience as him.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 148
RE: Formula One - 17/5/2007 3:21:32 PM   
Rhubarb

it could well be the colour scheme

Yeah DC did have a great drive, everytime he does alright i'm kinda convinced something will go wrong - and it generally has this season for him. So yeah he did very well to just not throw in the towel and think fuck it really. He gets a tiny bit of respect back  He's usually good in Monaco so he may well have a good race on the horizon.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 149
RE: Formula One - 27/5/2007 12:30:25 PM   
Rhubarb

Monaco!

1,2 for McLaren with Alonso on poll. Massa is third, and Kimi is way back. DC peanalised for blocking Kovalinin so he starts way back as well.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Formula One Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI