Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Formula One

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Formula One Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Formula One - 29/5/2006 9:00:18 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

It was a great race and more overtaking than the average Monaco GP, shame it was slightly overshadowed by Schumacher up to his usual tricks. It was clearly intentional and personally I think he should have been disqualified (not put to the back) therefore not being able to get any points. As well as he did to drive into 5th position, IMHO he didn't deserve any points from this GP due to his underhand 'I know it all' attitude.

Glad for DC though! That car was something special!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to clarabell)
Post #: 91
RE: Formula One - 21/2/2007 10:45:27 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Teams for 2007:

1. Fernando Alonso
2. Lewis Hamilton

1. Giancarlo Fisichella
2. Heikki Kovalainen

1. Felipe Massa
2. Kimi Raikkonen

1. Jenson Button
2. Rubens Barrichello

1. Nick Heidfeld
2. Robert Kubica

1. Jarno Trulli
2. Ralf Schumacher

1. David Coulthard
2. Mark Webber

1. Alexander Wurz
2. Nico Rosberg

1. Scott Speed
2. Vitantonio Liuzzi

1. Adrian Sutil
2. Christijan Albers

1. Anthony Davidson
2. Takumo Sata

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 92
RE: Formula One - 21/2/2007 11:18:15 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Teams for 2007:

1. Fernando Alonso
2. Lewis Hamilton

1. Giancarlo Fisichella
2. Heikki Kovalainen

1. Felipe Massa
2. Kimi Raikkonen

1. Jenson Button
2. Rubens Barrichello

1. Nick Heidfeld
2. Robert Kubica

1. Jarno Trulli
2. Ralf Schumacher

1. David Coulthard
2. Mark Webber

1. Alexander Wurz
2. Nico Rosberg

1. Scott Speed
2. Vitantonio Liuzzi

1. Adrian Sutil
2. Christijan Albers

1. Anthony Davidson
2. Takumo Sata

Wow, there's some big changes there. I've not been keeping myself up to date during the break at all so quite a few of those moves are shocking to me. Especially Alonso to McClaren. It wasn't so long ago that McClaren had the fastest driving car, but they've not been reliable for years, breaking down in most races with engine failures, I don't think he'll be winning the championship with them unless they've had a miraculous pre season making the cars reliable.

And Kimi Raikkonen to Ferrari is another big shock for me, not that it wasn't rumoured and I had seen it coming, but he's always been the one I've wanted to win the world championship and he's definitely always been good enough, and now he's got the chance to do that with a much more reliable car, however he's with the one team I hate to see win, but maybe I can begin liking them now that they've gotten rid of Schumacher.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 93
RE: Formula One - 22/2/2007 1:35:14 PM   
HIM

I've always liked Schumacher. Probably because he's German. Such lovely and likable people the Germans.

Hoping for good things from Honda this year. I like the new Civic so I'll be routing for them. I really like Maclaren but I'm not really a fan of Alonso (Xabi yes, but not Fernando) but I'll be routing for Hamilton who is black. I love Kimi too and hope to see him have a good season in the gorgeous Ferrari.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 94
RE: Formula One - 22/2/2007 2:00:34 PM   
Walter_Kovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

I've always liked Schumacher. Probably because he's German. Such lovely and likable people the Germans.

Hoping for good things from Honda this year. I like the new Civic so I'll be routing for them. I really like Maclaren but I'm not really a fan of Alonso (Xabi yes, but not Fernando) but I'll be routing for Hamilton who is black. I love Kimi too and hope to see him have a good season in the gorgeous Ferrari.

Ha! You never fail to make me laugh.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 95
RE: Formula One - 2/3/2007 1:42:42 PM   
keca_2000

I've been a Renault girl for a few years now (my mate works for them, so I'd be in trouble otherwise), but I have to admit their driver line-up for this season doesn't look too strong, and I'm not convinced they'll be consistently competitive. I think this season may divide my loyalties, as I'm a big Alonso supporter and want to see him do well at McClaren. The excitement of having 4 British drivers lining up on the grid is definitely something to cheer for as well - I'll especially be rooting for Lewis Hamilton!

I believe in only using my powers when the situation demands it.

(in reply to Walter_Kovacs)
Post #: 96
RE: Formula One - 5/3/2007 4:40:32 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

It's about time the Brits got in there again - is Button just going to become another Coulthard?

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 97
RE: Formula One - 5/3/2007 6:28:15 PM   
forbidden_planet

Go Kimi!

I think this year he has a proper chance at a final podium position with a Ferrari behind him. If it hadn't of been for that unreliable McClaren he could he have been more of a serious contender against Alonso and Schumacher last season.

"Robert Ford would only lay on the floor and look at the ceiling, the light going out of his eyes before he could find the right words"

"How many times do I have to tell you John, I always have a plan"

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 98
RE: Formula One - 6/3/2007 12:12:37 PM   
John_P

Williams line astern

sadly they've been going backwards for years and now former engine suppkiers BMW look like they'll pull futher away from them.

Honda are the first team in 30 years to run without sponsors as they attempt to highlight global warming with ther crazy map of the earth.
apparently Button doesn't think their fast enough at the present time.

should be a good season with mcclaren,renault and ferrari at pretty much the same level, and all with new drivers. wouldn't be surprised if BMW and Honda attempt to take them on as the season continues.

The highways jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Everybodys out on the run tonight but theres no place left to hide

(in reply to forbidden_planet)
Post #: 99
RE: Formula One - 6/3/2007 12:35:22 PM   
keca_2000

I love that Honda are trying to advertise global warming awareness.... on a Formula One car! I mean, it's not exactly a low emission vehicle is it???

(in reply to John_P)
Post #: 100
RE: Formula One - 6/3/2007 1:11:05 PM   
John_P

3 miles to the gallon I believe.

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 101
RE: Formula One - 6/3/2007 1:34:19 PM   
keca_2000

Wow. They really are saving the world....!

I'm interested to see how Coulthard & Webber get on at Red Bull. I don't think the car will be competitive, but I just find both of them quite funny. They'll definitely be the coolest team around.... I don't know if the garage might not be big enough for the both of them (and their egos) though.

(in reply to John_P)
Post #: 102
RE: Formula One - 6/3/2007 4:14:32 PM   
forbidden_planet

I know I think Honda's idea is interesting but a little hypocritical considering how much gas it pumps out!

"Robert Ford would only lay on the floor and look at the ceiling, the light going out of his eyes before he could find the right words"

"How many times do I have to tell you John, I always have a plan"

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 103
RE: Formula One - 6/3/2007 7:51:07 PM   
mjwicks

With Hamilton & Kovalainen on the grid F1 has the first chance since Villeneuve in '96 to see a driver win on his F1 debut. Would be so cool if Hamilton managed that  I think Hamilton will get a win this year at some place- Silverstone would rock!

I think the Renault colour scheme is a bit sick-inducing. They should have got rid of Fisi and given Webber a chance in the car instead, not that Webber's ever achieved anything either.

Spyker will be worst team this year because good little Ant will score Aguri a point or two

Williams will have a better year then last thanks to Wurz.

Honda (I like the Earth design in itself, and what motorracing or aviation fan really cares about global warming? it's all a lie anyway) & Toyota will disappoint and only claim a few podiums each.

BMW will be the surprise package and pick up a win or two, I seriously believe.

Toro Rosso will struggle as usual. Whilst Red Bull will just be slow as usual, although Monaco could again be the high-point for them with two drivers who always excel there.

Massa will destroy Kimi in the first few races and will therefore far enough ahead points-wise to be the one to take the challange to Alonso this year for the title, but I see Alonso winning it again for a third time, unless his McLaren is as unreliable as it was for Kimi, in which case Massa will be champ, ahead of Kimi, then Alonso.

As for the constructors title... it will be a close call between the superpowers of Ferrari and McLaren with Renault pipping BMW to 3rd.

(in reply to forbidden_planet)
Post #: 104
RE: Formula One - 7/3/2007 10:18:06 AM   
keca_2000

quote:

ORIGINAL: mjwicks

With Hamilton & Kovalainen on the grid F1 has the first chance since Villeneuve in '96 to see a driver win on his F1 debut. Would be so cool if Hamilton managed that  I think Hamilton will get a win this year at some place- Silverstone would rock!

I think the Renault colour scheme is a bit sick-inducing. They should have got rid of Fisi and given Webber a chance in the car instead, not that Webber's ever achieved anything either.

Spyker will be worst team this year because good little Ant will score Aguri a point or two

Williams will have a better year then last thanks to Wurz.

Honda (I like the Earth design in itself, and what motorracing or aviation fan really cares about global warming? it's all a lie anyway) & Toyota will disappoint and only claim a few podiums each.

BMW will be the surprise package and pick up a win or two, I seriously believe.

Toro Rosso will struggle as usual. Whilst Red Bull will just be slow as usual, although Monaco could again be the high-point for them with two drivers who always excel there.

Massa will destroy Kimi in the first few races and will therefore far enough ahead points-wise to be the one to take the challange to Alonso this year for the title, but I see Alonso winning it again for a third time, unless his McLaren is as unreliable as it was for Kimi, in which case Massa will be champ, ahead of Kimi, then Alonso.

As for the constructors title... it will be a close call between the superpowers of Ferrari and McLaren with Renault pipping BMW to 3rd.

Can't say I agree with everything there, mjw - although in parts I'm absolutely with you, particularly on the constructor's title. It's very exciting to be going into a new season which is so wide open really. It'll be great to see who manages to stamp their authority early on.

I don't think Kovalainen will get a win this year - maybe pick up the odd podium if he's lucky and is as good as all the hype claims, but I think the Renault needs a proven top 2 or 3 driver in it in order to be properly competitive. They're lacking that this year and so I'm not convinced they'll be competitive for wins. They may irritate the big guns by pinching points off them though  I don't reckon Webber would do much better than Fisi in the current set up, they should've tried for Massa.

I really really hope that Massa kicks Kimi into orbit this year. I've never been a great Raikonnen fan (where's his personality??) and Massa is proving to be an exciting contender.

But c'mon Lewis Hamiliton! I just hope it's not all hype that's been blown out of all proportion. A rookie year is never going to be easy...

(in reply to mjwicks)
Post #: 105
RE: Formula One - 8/3/2007 3:43:24 PM   
John_P

quote:

ORIGINAL: keca_2000

I'm interested to see how Coulthard & Webber get on at Red Bull. I don't think the car will be competitive, but I just find both of them quite funny. They'll definitely be the coolest team around.... I don't know if the garage might not be big enough for the both of them (and their egos) though.

with Adrian Newey designing the car and with reasonable engine improvement you could see Red Bull and Torro Rosso (with their nice ferrari engines) pick up big points at the start of the season and rack up decent positions and finishes over the season.

go DC, thats my view.

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 106
RE: Formula One - 8/3/2007 11:19:31 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

Teams for 2007:

1. Fernando Alonso
2. Lewis Hamilton

1. Giancarlo Fisichella
2. Heikki Kovalainen

1. Felipe Massa
2. Kimi Raikkonen

1. Jenson Button
2. Rubens Barrichello

1. Nick Heidfeld
2. Robert Kubica

1. Jarno Trulli
2. Ralf Schumacher

1. David Coulthard
2. Mark Webber

1. Alexander Wurz
2. Nico Rosberg

1. Scott Speed
2. Vitantonio Liuzzi

1. Adrian Sutil
2. Christijan Albers

1. Anthony Davidson
2. Takumo Sata

Red Bull and Spyker don't even have cars facing the right way!

Seriously though, i'm excited, it should be a really interesting season. Two of my flatmates are Renault fans though, so i'm morally bound to support someone else, and despite always being a Williams kind of guy, they are a fair way down the pecking order at the mo, so should be interesting, and i'll probably just back individual drivers i like.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

Post #: 107
RE: Formula One - 9/3/2007 12:44:25 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I'm still rooting for Jensen this season although the Honda doesn't seem the fastest car by far it'd be a damn shame if Hamilton were to outshine him after all the hard work he's put in over the last few years.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 108
RE: Formula One - 9/3/2007 1:11:27 PM   
brampski

Really looking forward to this season, purely because no-one stands out as having both the talent and the car to walk it. Could be one of the most competitive season in recent memory.

Having said that, with Ferraris reliability behind him, hard to look past Kimi. Will be interesting to see how two problematic years at Mclaren have effected him, but I fancy him to get right on it this season and deliver.

From what I hear, Jenson is already making discouraging remarks about the speed of the Honda. But at least he will look good with the new "Earth" livery!

What are the occasions that warrant a dancing banana?

Post #: 109
RE: Formula One - 14/3/2007 5:58:19 PM   
mjwicks

Well guys and girls, first race is just a few more days away, so let's have your predictions in 
For the race at Melbourne and for the season.

Melbourne:
1st= Felipe Massa
2nd= Heikki Kovalainen
3rd= Fernando Alonso

Championship:
1st= Kimi Raikkonen
2nd= Felipe Massa
3rd= Fernando Alonso
Constructors= Ferrari

Now, I cant wait to see how wrong I will be probably 
Anyone else want to try see if they can predict the results?

(in reply to brampski)
Post #: 110
RE: Formula One - 14/3/2007 6:11:41 PM   
Rhubarb

Well Australia is impossible to predict because there is always a fair few smash-ups and break downs. For the title like everyone else, You have to back Kimi, although Alonso is gonna be on his tail the whole way, with the other four drivers from the top three really mixing it up.

Would anyone be up for doing a Fantasy Forumula One thing? I saw one on www.F1game.co.uk could mix things up a bit

< Message edited by Rhubarb -- 14/3/2007 6:12:33 PM >

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to mjwicks)
Post #: 111
RE: Formula One - 14/3/2007 8:59:47 PM   
mjwicks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Would anyone be up for doing a Fantasy Forumula One thing? I saw one on www.F1game.co.uk could mix things up a bit

Sure
I got a team in there
Kernow Sport
D1: Felipe Massa
D2: Robert Kubica
C1: Renault
C2: BMW Sauber
E1: Williams
E2: Super Aguri
£100m

I think its a strong Driver and Chassis line-up, but my Engine side doesnt look that strong

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 112
RE: Formula One - 14/3/2007 10:58:01 PM   
Rhubarb

I have

Drivers Massa and Hamilton

Chassis Williams and Renault

Engine Williams and Torro Rosso.

So i have some McLaren some Ferrari some Renault, hedging my bets completely.

The Empire League name is  Empire f1 League

Password is empire

< Message edited by Rhubarb -- 14/3/2007 11:00:06 PM >

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to mjwicks)
Post #: 113
RE: Formula One - 15/3/2007 10:29:57 AM   
keca_2000

Woohoo! Count me in!

I think I may have got a bit sentimental when it came to picking drivers, which I am now regretting and may well be to my great detriment! However, it's too late now...

Drivers: Hamilton, Button
Chasis: Red Bull, Toro Rosso
Engines: Renault, Toro Rosso

Hmmm, looking at it now, it doesn't seem quite such a great line-up. Oops.

Oh well, now I just have to work out how to join the Empire league thing...

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 114
RE: Formula One - 18/3/2007 9:59:39 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Australian Grand Prix result:
1 Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari one hour 25 minutes 28.770seconds
2 Fernando Alonso (Spa) McLaren-Mercedes 7.2 seconds behind
3 Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren-Mercedes 18.5secs
4 Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber 38.7secs
5 Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Renault one minute 6.4secs
6 Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari 1:06.8
7 Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams-Toyota one lap behind
8 Ralf Schumacher (Ger) Toyota one lap
9 Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota one lap
10 Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) Renault one lap
11 Rubens Barrichello (Brz) Honda one lap
12 Takuma Sato (Jpn) Super Aguri-Honda one lap
13 Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull-Renault one lap
14 Vitantonio Liuzzi (Ita) Toro Rosso-Ferrari one lap
15 Jenson Button (GB) Honda one lap
16 Anthony Davidson (GB) Super Aguri-Honda two laps
17 Adrian Sutil (Ger) Spyker-Ferrari at 2 laps
R Alexander Wurz (Aut) Williams-Toyota 48 laps completed
R David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull-Renault 48 laps
R Robert Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber 36 laps
R Scott Speed (USA) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 28 laps
R Christijan Albers (Ned) Spyker-Ferrari 10 laps

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 115
RE: Formula One - 18/3/2007 10:17:32 AM   
jonson

quote:

Australian Grand Prix result:

3 Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren-Mercedes 18.5secs

Great result in his debut.
I could add "feet on the ground", "the next Mansell?", "the next Coulthard?" or "Hamilton celebrates with cocaine-fulled sex romp" but I'll leave that to the papers.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 116
RE: Formula One - 18/3/2007 1:35:56 PM   
HIM

I actually stayed up to watch it but it really wasn't very exciting. Kimi romped home from pole and never looked in danger. Alonso and Hamilton were never wheel to wheel (Alsonso passed him in the pits) and Button was meandering around at the tail end. The only highlights were Hamilton passing Alonso at the first corner and Coulthard driving straight over Wurz (literally) near the end.

Hamilton drove superbly though and hardly put a foot wrong. Definately a future GP winner (probably this season).

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 117
RE: Formula One - 18/3/2007 2:32:39 PM   
PatBateman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6447171.stm

The future of racing?

WARNING: I may google your name because I'm a bit nosey.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 118
RE: Formula One - 18/3/2007 4:37:39 PM   
mjwicks

quote:

ORIGINAL: PatBateman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6447171.stm

The future of racing?

It should be re-named The F1 World Programming Championship if that sort of thing came in. I mean I could drive an F1 like the best with Aids like that, just go flat out toward a corner, turn the wheel and let the PC slow me down and take me to the apex, it will just become a computer game for geeks on the pitwall.

(in reply to PatBateman)
Post #: 119
RE: Formula One - 19/3/2007 10:17:16 AM   
keca_2000

Well done to Hamilton! Raikkonnen and Ferrari's dominance was a bit ominous, could make the season rather dull if Mclaren don't work out how to catch them on speed - there's only so much the drivers can do. Rubbish weekend for the rest of the Brits. I felt so sorry for Davidson not being able to get going at the start - instantly undid all his great work from qualifying. Would've been interesting to see how Kubica did if his gearbox hadn't gone.

(in reply to mjwicks)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Formula One Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI