Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread Page: <<   < prev  35 36 37 [38] 39   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 18/3/2012 4:17:25 PM   
Ref

So I'm not digging the new programme by the BBC. I found it very difficult to follow and the new commentator was atrocious akin the Murray Walker

Might have to give some money to the Murdoch empire and shell out for Sky Sports.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to samhuds24)
Post #: 1111
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 18/3/2012 6:41:04 PM   
Saltire

Dont tell me you don't like Murray's voice and foibles, he was brilliantly daft in his commentary back in the day! They should get the great man back!

Sky has been very impressive in their coverage which I think we all knew they would be. I just wish they wouldn't advertise it so bleeding much on other programs lol!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 1112
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 18/3/2012 7:20:02 PM   
Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

Dont tell me you don't like Murray's voice and foibles, he was brilliantly daft in his commentary back in the day! They should get the great man back!

I shall answer a la Kimi Raikkonen, "No."

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1113
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 24/3/2012 4:51:29 PM   
Ref

McLaren one-two in quali. Shame about Maldonado though - he was doing well, was lad.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 1114
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 25/3/2012 4:31:18 PM   
Ref

What a drive by Perez, shame about the team orders though and the little mistake at the end - I think he could have won that one.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 1115
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 19/4/2012 10:22:37 AM   
Professor Moriarty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17767985

Force India team attacked with firebomb. Guess that answers the question of whether racing in Bahrain is safe.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 1116
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 19/4/2012 12:04:02 PM   
paulyboy

I think "attacked" is a bit much, caught in the middle of a protest would be a more accurate description.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1117
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 19/4/2012 12:07:48 PM   
Professor Moriarty

If someone was throwing petrol bombs in my general direction I'd feel under attack! I guess you are right that they weren't being targetted as such, but still seems a bit hairy for my liking.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 1118
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 21/4/2012 9:32:03 AM   
Skiba

Should this be going ahead? Wee Bernie has said that F1 doesn't do politics but if you're taking money off the state, then you do politics. The crown prince has tried to compare this with the UK riots which is fucking laughable! Whilst they are supposedly under reform, changes have not been implemented, hence the rioting

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1119
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 22/4/2012 6:38:38 PM   
Ref

Well Vettel winning was kinda predictable, but what a drive by Lotus!! Bad luck for McLaren though.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 1120
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 22/4/2012 7:31:15 PM   
HIM

McLaren really need to get their shit together. They started out with the best car but they seem to be going backwards at a steady rate. The mistakes are costing them.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 1121
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 27/5/2012 5:57:19 PM   
Ref

Webber wins at Monaco. A decent start for him, must say I was a tad concerned. I thought he might have done one of his 'special' starts

Loved the snippet with Hammy and Button behind and in-front of the camera

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 1122
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 10/6/2012 8:43:57 PM   
DJ Satan

What a race! Just a shame most people were probably watching the football.

Seven winners in seven races is amazing.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 1123
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 11/6/2012 10:02:16 PM   
HIM

This season has been amazeballs! It's just a shame that Sky have nabbed most of the races and poached Martin Brundle too.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 1124
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 11/6/2012 10:15:30 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

The most open F1 season I've ever seen and great to see everyone catch up with Red Bull and see Vettel forced to earn his points. I suppose with that many champs on the circuit something like this was always going to happen but it's been brilliant.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 1125
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 23/6/2012 1:35:40 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Alonso has just been patted on the helmet, as you would a child. Which is a different type of incentive I suppose going into Q2.
Strange folk these Spaniards.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 23/6/2012 1:36:17 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 1126
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 23/6/2012 1:51:24 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Alonso goes at Q2 in his home GP

Must have been distracted or a bit sleepy maybe.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 1127
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 23/6/2012 6:13:42 PM   
Saltire

Hamilton being investigated now for an incident with Rosberg - haven't seen it, but is that him up to his old tricks again?

Post #: 1128
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 23/6/2012 7:20:01 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

but is that him up to his old tricks again?

Who Hamilton or the FIA in regards to Hamilton?

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1129
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 24/6/2012 5:14:33 PM   
Saltire

Hamilton ofc, he shunts and causes accidents too often.

Post #: 1130
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 24/6/2012 6:38:23 PM   
Rhubarb

This one was kind of touch and go whether it was his fault of Maldanados - he probably should have been giving up the place as his tyres were knack'd and not risked a crash, but on the other hand, Pastor basically drove into the side of him.

Incredible drive from Alonso today, and brilliant to see his emotions in front of his home crowd. He got a bit of luck with Seb's car breaking down and the same thing happing to Romain's Lotus, but nonetheless to come from 11th to win at Valenica is some achievement. It was sort of nice to see Schuey up on the podium again, despite the fact that was a dreaded outcome in days gone by, he has kind of earned that bit of luck this year.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1131
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 7/7/2012 5:31:51 PM   
Ref

What are everyone's thoughts on the red flag today in Q2? Good or bad?

I found myself agreeing with Jordan on this, it's a cheats way to get the big teams in the top 10. All they needed to do was slow down a tad, like most of us normal drivers have to do when it's raining heavily.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 1132
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 8/7/2012 6:06:29 PM   
Ref

Great drives by Alonso and Webber today - what a race.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 1133
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 28/9/2012 9:49:10 AM   
MrsFinkelstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19755236

I see Hamilton is upping sticks and moving to Mercedes. I can't stand him tbh, think he's a petulant, selfish, vastly overrated tool, but I'm aware other opinions are available.

It will make for interesting viewing. I've already stated my opinion of Hamilton and I think he'll struggle with the move. Regardless of how he sees himself, he's no Schumacher who has the raw talent and technical expertise to help turn a team around a la Ferrari.

It's been a great season so far, have been really enjoying it.

Am surprised MacLaren didn't go for Di Resta tbh, he is showing so much promise, though I do enjoy watching Perez too!

< Message edited by MrsFinkelstein -- 28/9/2012 10:04:31 AM >

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 1134
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 28/9/2012 11:52:48 AM   
BigBadWolf

I actually think Hamilton is a bloody good driver with too many faults, (he doesn't help himself sometimes with some of the moves he attempts) and maybe he would have won more races with a more pragmatic approach. As a person, I don't really care what he's like, he doesn't have the most media friendly image!

He also hasn't been helped by bad strategy and pit stops at times. However it does seem a strange move from a competitive point of view, Mercedes just haven't produced a race winning car yet, that could all change though as regulations change.

I like what I've seen of Perez, he has a ton of potential. Di Resta looks good and I think he will be at a big team eventually. So who steps into Massa's seat at Ferrari next season? (assuming he is actually going).

< Message edited by BigBadWolf -- 28/9/2012 11:55:14 AM >

(in reply to MrsFinkelstein)
Post #: 1135
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 28/9/2012 2:32:18 PM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

I actually think Hamilton is a bloody good driver with too many faults, (he doesn't help himself sometimes with some of the moves he attempts) and maybe he would have won more races with a more pragmatic approach.

You could also argue that he wouldn't have won some of the races he won without some of the moves he attempts.

I have to agree though, it does seem like he's gone for the money. Mercedes haven't shown anything like mounting a serious title challenge since they took over from Brawn. And Brawn themselves wouldn't have won the title with Button if it weren't for the double diffuser that caught the rest of the teams unaware. Button won six of the first 7 races and then didn't win any of the next 10. If the season had been 2 races longer, Sebastian Vettell would have been world champion. McLaren may have dropped the ball a few times but they've still shown that they can consistently build a car capable of mounting a title challenge. They also seem to be the best team in terms of development of the car over a season as well.

I do hope it works out for him because he is my favourite driver, but McLaren are my favourite team, so I'll be rooting for Jenson next season.

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 1136
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 7/10/2012 6:58:17 PM   
Ref

Shame that he's going, but I really don't think his new entertainment manager has helped him at all. He needs one with sporting knowledge of F1, and I don't think he's got that now. Good luck to him, but I think he chose...poorly.

An interesting race today, which was ruined by the BBC telling me beforehand who had won!! The complete douchebags.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 1137
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 4/11/2012 5:34:30 PM   
Ref

What on earth was Webber doing through that race?! Twice at the same corner, with the same mistake - Perez does it once and gets a stop/start penalty!!

Kimi and his radio conversations make me laugh today - felt sorry for the mechanic radioing them through though.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 1138
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 24/3/2013 9:44:14 AM   
impqueen

Is anyone else watching the Malaysian GP? Some of the Team Radio (Red Bull / Mercedes) stuff is interesting.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 1139
RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread - 24/3/2013 10:47:09 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Yes. Fun stuff with Hamilton parking outside the wrong garage

Vettel goes against team orders, but could actually be a wise move to obviously position himself as team #1. He's WC and heads the board, team can't do much but back him and slap his wrists. Webber knows that and must be going crazy, should have just decked him after the race

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 1140
Page:   <<   < prev  35 36 37 [38] 39   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Formula One 2012 Thread Page: <<   < prev  35 36 37 [38] 39   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI