Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: No SPA this year!!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: No SPA this year!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: No SPA this year!!!!! - 10/2/2006 9:24:58 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Going back to the McLaren colour briefly, I wonder if it has anything to do with Siemens being one of the sponsors as Siemens are a fan of the colour orange 

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 31
RE: No SPA this year!!!!! - 10/2/2006 9:30:37 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Going back to the McLaren colour briefly, I wonder if it has anything to do with Siemens being one of the sponsors as Siemens are a fan of the colour orange 

The orange is just a temporary thing, they'll be changing it before the start of the season....Thank God!

BBW - You're right about Montoya, technically he's a great driver but I don't think he has the mind to be a top F1 Driver if that makes sense. He sometimes makes stupid decisions on the track and to be honest I'm not a fan of the guy.

I'm backing Button for a handfull of race wins and a top 3 finish in the Drivers Championship.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 32
RE: No SPA this year!!!!! - 10/2/2006 9:40:23 PM   
HIM

quote:

Shouldn't they have gone with white then?

Post #: 33
RE: No SPA this year!!!!! - 10/2/2006 9:42:52 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

quote:

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 34
RE: No SPA this year!!!!! - 10/2/2006 9:57:11 PM   
HIM

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry.

Post #: 35
RE: No SPA this year!!!!! - 10/2/2006 9:57:55 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry.

I'm sure you couldn't help it!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 36
RE: No SPA this year!!!!! - 13/2/2006 8:23:30 AM   
The Reverend James Sweet

Post #: 37
RE: No SPA this year!!!!! - 13/2/2006 12:20:35 PM   
HIM

Now that's a sexy car! 

(in reply to The Reverend James Sweet)
Post #: 38
RE: Bye Bye Tony Jardine - 13/2/2006 2:19:24 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Now that's a sexy car! 

Not half!  McLaren showing they are still at the forefront of livery design! There are some pretty spectacular looking cars this season. Here it is from another angle:

Toyota have unveiled changes to their car today, they lauched theres back in November but announced the aerodynamic changes today after spending time in the wind tunnel. The revised TF106 features a host of new parts including new front and rear wings, more sculpted sidepods, a modified diffuser and a restyled engine cover and floor

quote:

Fernando Alonso has defended his decision to join McLaren at the end of the season, saying he has no obligation to Renault other than to do his best during his final season with the team.
And despite shocking everyone at Renault and most of the Formula One world, Alonso says he has no reason to apologise for seeking a new team.
"When you finish one contract, you can choose what you want," he told The Sunday People.
"It is not like I leave Renault in a bad way in the middle of the contract. It is something that everyone in the team understands."
He added: "I think that I have finished a chapter in my career with Renault.
"We grew up together and in 2005 we reached the maximum target by winning both the Drivers' and Constructors' titles.
"Now the contract is up I feel that this period in my career is over and I need to win with (different) teams and find new motivation."

Think he's made the right decision? I would have to say so, especially with Renault not confirming their ambitions and future in the F1 industry. You always know McLaren are going to be up there at the top.

Other shocking news from the world of F1 today:
quote:

According to reports, Tony Jardine has been dropped as a pundit by ITV for the 2006 season.
A fixture of the British broadcaster's F1 coverage for the past nine years, The Daily Mail says that Jardine is a 'casualty of ITV Sport's revamping of their Formula One presentation'.
The station has already confirmed, amid much media fanfare, that Steve Rider has defected from the BBC to replace erstwhile presenter Jim Rosenthal. The Mail says that Rider, who used to front the Beeb's motor racing coverage, 'will spend a lot of time around the track rather than in a studio', thus making Jardine surplus to requirements.
There's no mention of whether or not the increasingly indecipherable Mark 'Git orf me barra cockney geezer’ Blundell will remain a part of the coverage.

Dammit!  I fucking hate Steve Ryder, never liked the bloke. I actually quite liked Jim Rosentahl and as for Tony Jardine getting the boot, that's just outrageous! Surely the ignorant twat Martin Brundle should have been shipped out first!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 39
RE: No SPA this year!!!!! - 13/2/2006 4:44:11 PM   
Gaz

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Reverend James Sweet

Nice but for me the only true colour of a McLaren is

Nothing says "I love you" like a violated restraining order!

Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends.

Dont drink burgundy on a boat.

(in reply to The Reverend James Sweet)
Post #: 40
Best looking McLaren ever? - 15/2/2006 2:28:22 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Nice but for me the only true colour of a McLaren is

Now this is the real thing.........

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 15/2/2006 2:29:25 AM >

(in reply to Gaz)
Post #: 41
RE: Bye Bye Tony Jardine - 17/2/2006 11:14:33 PM   
Atomhammer

quote:

quote:

According to reports, Tony Jardine has been dropped as a pundit by ITV for the 2006 season.
A fixture of the British broadcaster's F1 coverage for the past nine years, The Daily Mail says that Jardine is a 'casualty of ITV Sport's revamping of their Formula One presentation'.
The station has already confirmed, amid much media fanfare, that Steve Rider has defected from the BBC to replace erstwhile presenter Jim Rosenthal. The Mail says that Rider, who used to front the Beeb's motor racing coverage, 'will spend a lot of time around the track rather than in a studio', thus making Jardine surplus to requirements.
There's no mention of whether or not the increasingly indecipherable Mark 'Git orf me barra cockney geezer' Blundell will remain a part of the coverage.

Dammit!  I fucking hate Steve Ryder, never liked the bloke. I actually quite liked Jim Rosentahl and as for Tony Jardine getting the boot, that's just outrageous! Surely the ignorant twat Martin Brundle should have been shipped out first!

Yeah its quite a sexy car, thats for sure - allways loved Mclaren since i were a wee little boy watching Ayrton Senna pulverise his pole laps! :)

Id still go for the classic Red on white but i think this shiney chrome will look ace when its moving

STEVE RYDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe ITV have employed another numpty for thier coverage. Its bad enough they still retain James allen when they should give him the boot and now Jardines gone, Jardine was one of the few fun and geniunly interesting personalities on ITV's coverage and its just making ITVs covereage even worse than it allways has been.

I really miss the days of Murray WAlker on the Beeb or John Watson and Ben Edwards on Eurosports, those were the days!

~ Do We Believe What We See or See What We believe ~

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 42
RE: Best looking McLaren ever? - 18/2/2006 7:44:21 PM   
HIM

The new McLaren is so sexy I'd physically have sexual intercourse with it. Twice.

Post #: 43
RE: Best looking McLaren ever? - 4/3/2006 8:56:21 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

8 Days to go now............starting to get that anticipation thing going on!

quote:

Steve Rider will make his first appearance on ITV screens since rejoining the network when he presents this Saturday’s Formula 1 Preview from 12.40 to 1.10pm on ITV1.
Steve will present ITV’s award-winning coverage of Formula 1, which begins on March 11-12 at Bahrain and continues with live coverage of every race.
Former McLaren driver Mark Blundell will join Steve Rider at every round as ITV’s analyst.
Martin Brundle, who drove for the likes of Benetton and McLaren during his time as an F1 driver, will resume his acclaimed grid walk in the build-up to the races, as well as co-commentating with James Allen.
Louise Goodman and Ted Kravitz will provide reports from around each circuit and there will be guest appearances from experts including David Coulthard, Johnny Herbert and Eddie Jordan.
There are also new graphics and a new title sequence featuring drivers including Britain’s Jenson Button and David Coulthard. This will be accompanied by a re-working of Moby’s track ‘Lift Me Up’.
Looking ahead to the start of the championship in Bahrain, the preview programme will look at the new rules and qualifying changes, which have replaced the single-lap qualifying system used in recent years with a three-part, hour-long knockout session.
Also to be shown within the F1 Preview and ahead of the first race: Steve Rider interviews 2005 world champion Fernando Alonso and British ace Jenson Button.
ITV has also announced that it is finalising a deal with North One for the exclusive production of its Formula 1 coverage.

F1 Preview 2006

Saturday 4 March  1240-1310  ITV1

Bahrain Grand Prix coverage

Saturday 11 March  1030-1215  ITV1  Qualifying LIVE

Sunday 12 March  1030-1330  ITV1  Race LIVE

Monday 13 March  0010-0110  ITV1  Highlights

Tuesday 14 March  0245-0345  ITV1  Highlights 

Heres a look at the simple livery of the Super Aguri team:

and good to see my favourite footy manager is showing his F1 support.........or are we going to see Schumacher up front for the Arsenal?

There are numerous reasons to look forward to this year's Formula One World Championship. Take a look...

belongs to someone new, Fernando Alonso.

2 World titles up for grab.

3 World Champs on the grid this season: Alonso, Michael Schumacher, Jacques Villeneuve.

4 rookies competing: Nico Rosberg, Scott Speed, Yuji Ide and Tonio Liuzzi.

5 "new" teams in the paddock: BMW, Honda, Midland, Toro Rosso and Super Aguri.

6 teams using Bridgestone tyres: Ferrari, Midland, Toro Rosso, Super Aguri and Toyota and Williams who changed from Michelin in the off-season.

7 sets of tyres for each car to burn per weekend.

8 the turn at Turkey's Istanbul circuit.

9 0' angle 2.4 litre V8 engines will be used this year.

10 past race winners wanting more: Alonso, Fisichella, Raikkonen, Montoya, Schumacher, Ralfie, Trulli, Barrichello, Coulthard and Villeneuve.

11 teams chasing glory: the most since Arrows went under in 2002.

12 qualifying victors seeking pole: Alonso, Fisichella, Raikkonen, Montoya, Ralfie, Trulli, Barrichello, Button, Coulthard, Heidfeld, Villeneuve and Schumacher, who needs one more pole position to beat Ayrton Senna's record of 65.

13 doesn't appear on the grid, therefore...

14 goes to Coulthard even though he's the 13th driver.

15 countries represented on the grid.

16th (and final?) season for Schumacher.

17 grands prix named after their host country: only Europe isn't.

18 races on this year's schedule but it would have been...

19 had Belgium not been axed.

20 drivers raced last season.

21 will be disappointed this year, though, as...

22 drivers chasing the ultimate prize, the World title, which belongs to Fernando Alonso this season...

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 44
RE: Best looking McLaren ever? - 8/3/2006 9:11:34 PM   
The Mighty Quinn

Love the new McLaren! If they can sort out the reliability issues, I have a feeling that it could be Raikonnen's year.

"The only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother, and I call him Gamblor! We must save your mother from his neon claws!"

Post #: 45
RE: Best looking McLaren ever? - 9/3/2006 8:56:51 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

For any of you that are interested, theres a cracking Fantasy F1 game on Yahoo. I played it last season and it's great fun. It's simple, you pick 1 class A driver, 2 class B drivers and 1 team every grand prix week. They all pick up certain points for acheiving certain things,(completed race, winning, pole etc). The rules are on the website but it really is simple. I've signed up again this season and I've opened an Empire Group (League) just incase any of you fellow F1 nuts want to pit your wits against me.

If you do sign up (it's free by the way) just join:
GROUP: 622
PASSWORD: empire

Hope you fancy it, it'll make the F1 season even that little bit more interesting. Heres the link for the site:

http://uk.f1.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

(in reply to The Mighty Quinn)
Post #: 46
RE: Best looking McLaren ever? - 11/3/2006 7:20:22 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Not long to go now guys! ...........3 hours 15 mins!

Bahrain GP on ITV1
Live qualifying: Saturday 11 March  1030-1215
Live race: Sunday 12 March  1030-1330
Highlights: Monday 13 March  0010-0110
Highlights: Tuesday 14 March  0245-0345

quote:

Love the new McLaren! If they can sort out the reliability issues, I have a feeling that it could be Raikonnen's year. 

Kimi Raikkonen's weekend did not get off to the perfect start as reliability gremlins once again struck the luckless Finn.
Raikkonen was just getting into his stride in the second of Friday's two practice sessions when the wiring loom in his McLaren's electrics caught fire, leaving last year's world championship runner-up stranded out on the track.

The problem is not expected to cause the team to change the Finn's engine before Sunday - which would incur a 10-place grid penalty.

- Here we go again!

Post #: 47
RE: Best looking McLaren ever? - 11/3/2006 11:14:50 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Doesn't matter anyway, he's just spun off, looks like a suspension failure, starts at the back of the grid. Poor Kimi, poor Mc Laren!

Well that first session of qualifying was more than entertaining, 19 cars on the track in the last minute for their flying lap, Ralf Schumacher drops out in round one!

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 11/3/2006 11:28:47 AM >

Post #: 48
RE: Best looking McLaren ever? - 11/3/2006 12:00:01 PM   
mungodubs

yup how unfortunate that on the side pod of the mclaren they had a cunning pu on jonny walker"keep walking" oh dear...

not enjoying this last 20 mins so far how about you uncle??

Post #: 49
RE: Best looking McLaren ever? - 11/3/2006 12:04:42 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

This last 20 mins seems to be a little pointless to me, just driving round burning fuel. Why not have another 2 15 min rounds, positions 10-6 decided in round 3 and 5-pole in round 4. I think that would have been more exciting. I don't think the qualifying/fuel/race rule is what we need either.

Surprised that Klien/Webber/Heidfeld are still their though.

(in reply to mungodubs)
Post #: 50
RE: Best looking McLaren ever? - 11/3/2006 12:07:55 PM   
mungodubs

nope the fuel rule is tosh....its warming up now though but the 1st 15mins seem pointless in this last phase...

here we go though..

Post #: 51
RE: Best looking McLaren ever? - 11/3/2006 12:12:22 PM   
mungodubs

goddamn ferraris!!!

(in reply to mungodubs)
Post #: 52
RE: Ferarri's take one-two in qualifying! - 11/3/2006 12:34:13 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Ooooooooo....the last 15mins was indeed exciting! Ferarris eh?
This is going to be one of the closest drivers and especially constructors championships in a very very long time. Renault looked strong but seemed to fade in the 3rd round, possibility they have more fuel on and are looking towards tomorrows race rather than a high grid position?

The performance of the McLarens seems to be somewhat worrying, good performance from Klein and Massa. All in all a great qualifying session, lets hope tomorrows race is just as entertaining!

Qualifying Times:

1.  M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari     1m31.431s
2.  MASSA        Ferrari     1m31.478s
3.  BUTTON       Honda       1m31.549s
4.  ALONSO       Renault     1m31.702s
5.  MONTOYA      McLaren     1m32.164s
6.  BARRICHELLO  Honda       1m32.579s
7.  WEBBER       Williams    1m33.006s
8.  KLIEN        Red Bull    1m33.112s
9.  FISICHELLA   Renault     1m33.496s
10. HEIDFELD     BMW         1m33.926s
11. VILLENEUVE   BMW        1m32.456s
12. ROSBERG      Williams   1m32.620s
13. COULTHARD    Red Bull   1m32.850s
14. TRULLI       Toyota     1m33.066s
15. LIUZZI       Toro Rosso 1m33.416s
16. SPEED        Toro Rosso 1m34.606s
17. R.SCHUMACHER Toyota      1m34.702s
18. ALBERS       MF1         1m35.724s
19. MONTEIRO     MF1         1m35.900s
20. SATO         Super Aguri 1m37.411s
21. IDE          Super Aguri 1m40.270s
22. RAIKKONEN    McLaren     no time

(in reply to mungodubs)
Post #: 53
RE: Ferarri's take one-two in qualifying! - 11/3/2006 12:50:24 PM   
mungodubs

yup a great qualifying for klein...but im going to be more interested in Massa's performance during the race..it's going to be a good season.

Post #: 54
RE: Ferarri's take one-two in qualifying! - 12/3/2006 12:04:19 PM   
Starscream

Colourful language from fischella on the radio....that  the end of the pit radio on tv then 

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to mungodubs)
Post #: 55
RE: Ferarri's take one-two in qualifying! - 12/3/2006 1:13:55 PM   
Starscream

Race won by Alonso followed by Schumacher and Raikkonen

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 56
RE: Ferarri's take one-two in qualifying! - 12/3/2006 2:22:39 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Starscream

Colourful language from fischella on the radio....that  the end of the pit radio on tv then 

Was a cracker though wasn't it!  Knew it would happen sooner or later!

Bahrain Grand Prix results - 57 laps

1. ALONSO        Renault     57 laps
2. M.SCHUMACHER  Ferrari     +1.2s
3. RAIKKONEN     McLaren     +19.3s
4. BUTTON        BAR         +19.9s
5. MONTOYA       McLaren     +37.0s
6. WEBBER        Williams    +41.9s
7. ROSBERG       Williams    +1m03.0s
8. KLIEN         Red Bull    +1m06.7s
9. COULTHARD     Red Bull    +1m09.9s
10. MASSA        Ferrari     +1m15.5s
11. LIUZZI       Toro Rosso  +1m25.9s
12. HEIDFELD     BMW         +1 lap
13. SPEED        Toro Rosso  +1 lap
14. R.SCHUMACHER Toyota      +1 lap
15. BARRICHELLO  BAR         +1 lap
16. TRULLI       Toyota      +1 lap
17. MONTEIRO     Midland     +2 laps
18. SATO         Super Aguri +4 laps
R. IDE           Super Aguri +22 laps
R. VILLENEUVE    BMW         +28 laps
R. FISICHELLA    Renault     +36 laps
R. ALBERS        Midland     +39 laps

What a cracking opening race!  So hard to choose a drive of the day.......Rosberg, Klein, Alsonso, Schumacher?

Nah....I've gone for Raikkonen for the sheer fact that he worked his way onto the podium after starting last on the grid. The one stop strategy really worked for him today and he turned what seemed like a disasterous weekend into a good weekend for McLaren!

Alonso and Schumachers battle for first place was thrilling, so close, the Renault team did some great pitwork to get him out in front....just!

Button was a disappointment, Really, really bad start, I was hoping for more from him and the Honda team. Maybe I had unjustified expectations but I really thought he could get a win today. The Honda car didn't seem as fast as it has been previously.

quote:

more interested in Massa's performance during the race

Showed his lack of experience if you ask me, especially his lack of race experience in a fast car. He was another really slow to get away but did a good job holding the others off on the first corner. It seemed to me like the pressure of being near the top got to him......we'll see what happens in Malaysia!

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 12/3/2006 2:25:42 PM >

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 57
RE: Ferarri's take one-two in qualifying! - 12/3/2006 7:45:31 PM   
HIM

I said this last year and I'll say it again; Button is to Formula 1 what Tim Henman is to tennis. So much expectation, so little to show for it. We always build him up and build him up, but he never quite manages it. He'll undoubtedly win a race one day, but I have serious doubts as to whether he'll ever be a world champ.

Post #: 58
RE: Ferarri's take one-two in qualifying! - 13/3/2006 12:29:08 AM   
Rhubarb

what i think is going to be interesting this season is how well the McLaren boys go knowing that Alonso is going to be taking one of thier places next season. Kimi was driving like he was the one who needed to keep his job this afternoon, the pressure is on Montoya

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 59
RE: Ferarri's take one-two in qualifying! - 15/3/2006 9:52:37 PM   
UTB

My Finnish partner was wailing like a banshee when Räikkönen started chopping his way through the field. Impressive stuff, and surely an indication of what's to come.

Lets just hope he doesnt repeat last year with all his car problems. Bring on Malaysia!!

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: No SPA this year!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI