Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Take a chance...go on, go on, go on...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Take a chance...go on, go on, go on... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Take a chance...go on, go on, go on... - 19/6/2009 10:44:54 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: sugarcrappies

Prior to that recent alien related tosh, Indy's quest always involved an artifact connected with a major world religion. The Hebrew Ark, the Hindu Shankara Stones, the Christian Holy Grail. I think with this new film they should address a similar Islamic relic. Gopher it! Why not?

Indiana Jones in Mecca during Ramadan? If Spielberg and co get to shoot on location that would be an achievement.

(in reply to sugarcrappies)
Post #: 121
... - 19/6/2009 11:59:46 AM   
IamMillsey

Okay, time to start the Nathan Fillion for Indy campaign again!

Seriously, HF was too old last time. I'm all for continuing the franchise but we need a new breed, and NOT Shia. They rewrote the character with Batman Begins and Indy is a hero figure. They can do it with him. And (sorry Spielbergites), perhaps a new director. A fresh mind.

You know, in hindsight, perhaps comparing to Batman is wrong. What I meant was maybe a 'reboot' is the way to go. Keep faithful to the originals but breathe new life.

< Message edited by IamMillsey -- 19/6/2009 12:10:10 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 122
There's a saying i heard somewhere... - 19/6/2009 12:14:50 PM   
The_Hat

...which says "In every great artist there are actually two artists: one to know where to start, and one to know when to stop before they bugger it up". George Lucas' second artist disappeared around the time Jar Jar Binks first seemed like a good idea. And Spielberg should stop doing "favours" for his best mate. So there.

Post #: 123
- 19/6/2009 12:19:26 PM   
Rahl

Although I have absolutly nothing against Nathan Fillion...I do have a suggestion for recasting Indy (again...No offense HF...we still love ya ;) )...set it in an earlier part of Indies life, and cast Joe Flannigan (of SG Atlantis) as our intrepid hero...not only is he the spitting image of a younger HF (imo) but his general demeanor and attitude fit the role perfectly.

Post #: 124
NO ufo's, No no goafers and no swinging monkeys! - 19/6/2009 12:44:29 PM   
HarryHavoc

Please! I really did enjoy indy 4, it was the first time I had seen jones on the big screen so it was a pretty big event for me, seeing another can only be a good thing! Harrison was on form for skull so I don't see a problem with him taking the lead....if they make shia doing most of the action then surely they cant called it Indiana Jones and the ____________ can they??

Post #: 125
RE: RE: - 19/6/2009 12:53:15 PM   
Edge

quote:

ORIGINAL: jboyle79

3) Want religion? How about the Stone Tablets of the Ten Commandments??

Not being funny or anything - but have you watched Raiders of the Lost Ark - I was under the impression the the ark of the covenant contained the smashed tablets that were the 10 commandments? - please correct me if i am wrong!!!

(in reply to jboyle79)
Post #: 126
RE: RE: - 19/6/2009 1:24:23 PM   
Lizziechi

ohhh yeah baby! The Ten Commandments! That would be kinda cool. Now all we need to figure out is an evil ploy se Sgermans could have for them. Could you use em to bring Hitelr back to life? Or promote  Christian morals? 

Hot Celebrity Gossip

(in reply to jboyle79)
Post #: 127
Great. Can't wait. - 19/6/2009 2:20:16 PM   
ceebee71

Head over to Rotten Tomatoes and you'll see that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull faired reasonably well in terms of 'proper' critical reviews. Everyone from The Times through Empire to Ain't it Cool News all gave it positive reviews upon release. It was the internet 'fans' who decided that it was a travesty - and their outrage was focused on gophers, monkeys and aliens... Personally, I enjoyed it. Was it on a par with Raiders? No chance. Was it on a par with Temple of Doom and Last Crusade? Arguably, yes. Certainly from my point of view, it caused far less offence than Last Crusade (give me aliens over 900 year old knights templar anyday). So as a life-long Indy fan, I'll look forward to another instalment - but only if Ford once again picks up the whip and dons the fedora. The most enjoyable thing for me about KOTCS was seeing Ford effortlessly reprising the role he was born to play. The success of these films is as much about him and his portrayal of this character as it is about the 'maguffins' or set pieces. Cast somebdoy else as Indiana Jones? No way, because it just wouldn't BE Indiana Jones then would it?

Post #: 128
RE: RE: - 19/6/2009 2:29:29 PM   
Edge

did you just read 10 commandments and ignore the rest of what i had said???? already done in Raiders of the Lost Ark!!!!!

(in reply to Lizziechi)
Post #: 129
RE: RE: - 19/6/2009 2:49:44 PM   
Jayseph

Personally I think aliens was a misstep. Not because they are any more/less ridiculous than the religious artifacts from the original trilogy but rather that they didn't fit in with the world that had been created. The first 3 films were all about science vs faith, usually ending with Indy changing his opinion or learning to believe. The aliens completely undermined all of that and didn't fit in with the themes that had been raised with the first 3. That's why I believe so many people had a problem with them - not because they were ridiculous.

The new film should also remove Mutt and Marion and perhaps see a return of Sallah. It should also focus on Indy being past his best - something which was promised in Skull but which wasn't delivered.

There also must be no in your face CG work this time round. The gophers, ants and God-forbid monkeys from the previous travesty complete ruined it for me and failed to convince that the characters were in any genuine peril. Same goes for CG jungles, cliffs and 'comedy' swordfights.

Next they need to have a Macguffin worthy of the franchise. Not a rubbish mobile plot device which gets them out of any potential scrape. Attacked by ants? Use the skull. Attacked by natives? Don't worry, use the skull again. Need to open an ancient monument? Why not give that skull a try again? Bah rubbish.

Lastly - just in response to Jimoakley666 way back at the beginning of this thread - I like the sound of your ideas but submarines on cliffs, nazis and zombies all on an island? All sounds a bit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune doesn't it?

< Message edited by Jayseph -- 19/6/2009 2:51:52 PM >

(in reply to Edge)
Post #: 130
Indy 5 - 19/6/2009 3:04:11 PM   
haygaz

another installment would be appealing to make up for the entertaining but also disappionting crystal skull. still think lost city of atlantis would be good. theres plenty of religiuos artefacts for the mcguffin the real problem the bad guys. the russians didnt cut it. they would have to make the russians like they in 80's action movies for them to really work. you cant beat nazis as bad guys.

Post #: 131
Indiana Jones And The Nuked Fridge Apology - 19/6/2009 3:43:25 PM   
GeneralZod

In which Spielberg, Lucas and Ford simply look into the camera and say "sorry, that was a bit far wasn't it?"

Post #: 132
No! No! No! - 19/6/2009 3:56:20 PM   
markshepherd

Someone please have the sense to stop dragging this frachise out any more. The Classic 3 Indy films are legendary, and a fourth should never have been made, let alone a fifth. Please please please do the fans a favour and pick on something else instead.

Post #: 133
Why Why Why - 19/6/2009 4:09:36 PM   
rsman26

Why make another, all it can serve is the makers bank accounts, and would serve to cheapen a much beloved franchise, much the same way the Star Wars prequels did, Lucas and Speilberg should colaberate on another project, a book, entitled "How to Beat a Dead Horse".

Post #: 134
Indiana Jones and the Pnaknoptic Manuscript - 19/6/2009 4:58:21 PM   
Doc Tourneau

Indy vs. Cthulhu cult!

(No less an imbecilic idea than making a fifth movie.)

Post #: 135
Whinge a bit more, why don't you. - 19/6/2009 6:38:04 PM   
captainamazing

Why don't you all just stop crying. There was nothing more ridiculous in Crystal Skull than there was in the other Indy films (aside from the gophers). Waa waa, he flew in a fridge. He fell out of an aeroplane, thousands of feet up in the air, and landed on a mountain in a rubber dingey. Waa waa, there were aliens. Is that so much more unbelieveable than a box of sand that melts people's faces? Aside from getting older, Indy hasn't changed. You have changed. you don't like people playing with your toys. Well they were the Beards' toys and they still are. If they want to try something a little different, giving it a 50's vibe, who are you to complain? They gave you two of the three best triologies in cinema history (the other belonging to Beard Jackson, of course). YOU OWE THEM, not the other way around. Bring on Indy 5.

Post #: 136
RE: Whinge a bit more, why don't you. - 19/6/2009 7:03:58 PM   
general_potatoface

quote:

ORIGINAL: captainamazing

Why don't you all just stop crying. There was nothing more ridiculous in Crystal Skull than there was in the other Indy films (aside from the gophers). Waa waa, he flew in a fridge. He fell out of an aeroplane, thousands of feet up in the air, and landed on a mountain in a rubber dingey. Waa waa, there were aliens. Is that so much more unbelieveable than a box of sand that melts people's faces? Aside from getting older, Indy hasn't changed. You have changed. you don't like people playing with your toys. Well they were the Beards' toys and they still are. If they want to try something a little different, giving it a 50's vibe, who are you to complain? They gave you two of the three best triologies in cinema history (the other belonging to Beard Jackson, of course). YOU OWE THEM, not the other way around. Bring on Indy 5.

I agree. While definitely not as good as the original 3, there was nothing terrible in Indy IV. It was entertaining, it was Indy older and in the 50s, as opposed to the 30s. I thought the aliens fitted well. They were Gods of a sort, to the ancient people who looked up to them. They were also archaeologists/anthropologists of a sort, which was cool.

And I thought Spalko was a great villain. There were definite shades of Belloq, in terms of seeking something that was beyond them.

(in reply to captainamazing)
Post #: 137
OH, GOD! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! - 19/6/2009 7:09:59 PM   
bb

Didn't Lucas & Spielberg saw the REALLY SCATHING AND ANGRY backlash INDY IV got? (The SOUTH PARK episode, anyone?) I pray to god this will never get green-lit.

They should left the INDY franchise after CRUSADE (the ride into the sunset is STILL the perfect way to end the series).

Lucas & Spielberg, if you're reading this: PLEASE FOCUS ON YOUR OTHER PROJECTS (Spielberg - The TINTIN trilogy, the LINCOLN biopic, that sci-fi flick INTERSTELLAR; Lucas - the WWII flick RED TAILS, the STAR WARS live-action TV series, those 'small personal' films that he's been hinting).

Post #: 138
Indiana Jones 5 - The Ending - 19/6/2009 7:51:44 PM   
linuxglobe

I seriously want to see a 5th Indy film, it has to make up for 4, I don't care if it's set in the early 1960s, that would be very cool. All I want to see is this ENDING :

THE FINALE

INT. MOVIE THEATER - EARLY EVENING

THE YEAR IS 1981, INDY IS NOW 87, A GRANDFATHER OF THREE KIDS, HIS GRANDDAUGHTER MARION DRIVES INDY TO A MOVIE THEATER

INDY SITS DOWN WITH A PAPER CUP OF HOT BUTTERED POPCORN. HIS GRANDDAUGHTER HELPS HIM GET SITUATED. INDY PUTS HIS TATTERED
FEDORA ON HIS LAP.

INDY (V.O.)
Look at me, Marion, look how handsome I looked.

THE TITLE "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK" APPEARS ON SCREEN

THE END

Markus McLaughlin
linuxglobe at twitter.com
Hudson, MA, USA

< Message edited by elab49 -- 19/6/2009 8:49:08 PM >

Post #: 139
Indiana Jones and the Quatermaine Legacy - 19/6/2009 10:33:35 PM   
The Samaritan

I like the idea of Indy teaming up with a descendant of Alan Quatermaine in a race to beat the Russians to a cage, not just any cage, a cage built to hold the devil himself located somewhere in King Solomon's mines.
How about this, at somepoint in the film Indy meets Willie Scott who has now made it big in cinema thanks to being married to a famous director. In the end of the film Indy and Marion go to the cinema to watch Willie's new film 'Fortune and Glory,' which sees Willie set off on a whirlwind adventure with a hero Indiana Smith played by (in joke) Tom Selleck. We join Indy and Marion watching the end of the film and as the camera zooms in on Indy's face we hear 'on screen' Willie say "No more adventures with you."

Post #: 140
RE: Indiana Jones and the Quatermaine Legacy - 19/6/2009 10:50:57 PM   
Dr Lenera

If they can atone for the big disappointment [I actually expected it to be great and I like,though don't love,the Star Wars prequels] of Crystal Skull than I say they should go for it. And with Harrison,to me he looked the same as he did in Last Crusagde!

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to The Samaritan)
Post #: 141
RE: Indiana Jones 5 - The Ending - 19/6/2009 10:55:45 PM   
Monkeyshaver

quote:

ORIGINAL: linuxglobe

I seriously want to see a 5th Indy film, it has to make up for 4, I don't care if it's set in the early 1960s, that would be very cool. All I want to see is this ENDING :

THE FINALE

INT. MOVIE THEATER - EARLY EVENING

THE YEAR IS 1981, INDY IS NOW 87, A GRANDFATHER OF THREE KIDS, HIS GRANDDAUGHTER MARION DRIVES INDY TO A MOVIE THEATER

INDY SITS DOWN WITH A PAPER CUP OF HOT BUTTERED POPCORN. HIS GRANDDAUGHTER HELPS HIM GET SITUATED. INDY PUTS HIS TATTERED
FEDORA ON HIS LAP.

INDY (V.O.)
Look at me, Marion, look how handsome I looked.

THE TITLE "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK" APPEARS ON SCREEN

THE END

Markus McLaughlin
linuxglobe at twitter.com
Hudson, MA, USA

Are you serious?!? That sounds awful!

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to linuxglobe)
Post #: 142
RE: Indiana Jones and the Quatermaine Legacy - 19/6/2009 10:56:42 PM   
Monkeyshaver

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Samaritan

I like the idea of Indy teaming up with a descendant of Alan Quatermaine in a race to beat the Russians to a cage, not just any cage, a cage built to hold the devil himself located somewhere in King Solomon's mines.
How about this, at somepoint in the film Indy meets Willie Scott who has now made it big in cinema thanks to being married to a famous director. In the end of the film Indy and Marion go to the cinema to watch Willie's new film 'Fortune and Glory,' which sees Willie set off on a whirlwind adventure with a hero Indiana Smith played by (in joke) Tom Selleck. We join Indy and Marion watching the end of the film and as the camera zooms in on Indy's face we hear 'on screen' Willie say "No more adventures with you."

Another awful idea? Where do people get them from?!?

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to The Samaritan)
Post #: 143
Choose wisely... - 20/6/2009 12:03:43 AM   
marty_mcfly84

hmmm, it might not actually be a bad idea. Think about it for a sec, they got all their daftness out of their chests with Crystal of Skulls. They would learn from their mistakes and give us something more well known in the mythological world. Afterall, temple of doom was pretty naff, then they came back with what i think is the best. The last Crusade. May be they will do it again this time and follow up the naff one with a more superior film! They will have to make it soon though, but even so, i didnt noticed any creakyness in fords part in skulls. Looked as good as ever jumping about! I say, go for it, but 'choose wisely'

Post #: 144
LOVE IT! - 20/6/2009 8:59:50 AM   
leroythemasochist

Brilliant. I loved Crystal Skull! Love Raiders more than any other film ever and can't wait for 5. Ford is my all time favourite actor too - he starred in the best adventure films of all time for crying out loud. And luckily, I was a kid when they came out.
Loved the idea for the ending in the cinema in 1981 - genius!!!!
Had this idea about Mutt finding him holed up in a cabin (Wyoming Harrison??) in the mountains and he comes back for one last hurrah, but it'spretty lame. I think I'll leave it to Spielberg to make the magic appear.
The complainers can moan all they want, I don't care. I love these films with all my heart, they are the reason I started going to the cinema and they've got more soul than the majority of the reboots, remakes and book/comic adaptataions calling themselves movies -and in that (shock horror and controversey!) I include Dark Knight, thought it was overblown and boring!
Bring on Indy, show them how it's REALLY done!!

Post #: 145
Indiana Jones and the Heroic Seed - 20/6/2009 9:25:55 AM   
robwynn

I've got an idea that will have Spielberg and Lucas salivating: Indy gets abducted by aliens and taken to another planet where he has to impregnate an Alieness to spread his heroic seed into this planet of cowards. 9 months later an Indy / Alien is born and it grows into a fearless adventurer that also does a bit of Archaeology on the side. Any other idea won't stand a chance!

Post #: 146
second chances - 20/6/2009 12:48:05 PM   
dutchSith

After the dissapointement that was Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, I hope, the next movie will have a scary and fascinating Mc Guffin, a bad guy that really is bad and kills people in horrific over the top ways so you can actually feel tension once this bad guy is chasing after the hero and I really hope there will be less infantile attemps at humor. Harrison Ford looks still good and to me can still fill the boots of the charismatic archeologist. So....please......get it right....this time....and you have won an old fan's heart back.

Post #: 147
Indiana Jones and the Antikathera mechanisam - 20/6/2009 8:56:25 PM   
oll

How about idiana jones and the antikatera (sp?) mechanisam?

Could turn out to be part of a device that can be used to predict the future from a lost civilisation from somewhere indy hasn't been yet that was being transported accross the medeterainian when the ship sank. I'd sugest using one of the lost African civilisations as a lot of Africa was a tinderbox (some still is) in the 50's and 60s, which could give you an excuse to have a mixture of badguys from European mercinarys, corrupt CIA officals and facist dictaors all trying to get their hands on the mechanisams secrets before Indy and Mutt.

Oh and if JL or SS is reading this and like that idea they can use it or modify it or do what they like to it so long as they credit me in the special thanks section of the credits (hey, I can dream can't I?)

Post #: 148
Indiana Jones and the Riddle of the Congo - 21/6/2009 1:35:11 AM   
broadstryder

Indy heads off into the Congo after strange artefacts from an ancient civilisation reveal evidence of human contact with prehistoric animals. Indy tracks down the lost city in the heart of the African jungle and discovers a lost plateau where dinosaurs still roam. Indy Vs. Velociraptors? Now I would pay money to see that!!! It would be like King Kong, but good.

Post #: 149
Indiana Jones and The Search For a Hit Sequel. - 21/6/2009 3:09:54 AM   
Mad Mac

I actually really enjoyed Indy IV and no, it's not a knee jerk reaction to how long it took to make it! I was reared on Indy but regarding the overblown ending to Crystal Skull, I always felt the films worked better when grounded in a "could it be real" situation like "Raiders" or "Last Crusade" with their biblical overtones. I think a plot surrounding the Spear of Destiny is just crying out to be filmed.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Take a chance...go on, go on, go on... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI