Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Proof Pudding

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Proof Pudding Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Proof Pudding - 18/6/2009 6:28:13 PM   
Calcos

Indy IV was absolutely terrible, they knew it when they were making it, we all know it, Empire knows it (hiding behind 4 stars, i thought journalists were supposed to have backbones), everyone knows it. As a sequel it was blasphemous, as a stand alone film it was crap, should name this Indiana Jones and the George/Steven/Harrison Retirement Fund. Blockbuster has died. Long live Wes Anderson.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 91
Crystall Skull is a good film. Bring on the next one. - 18/6/2009 6:50:39 PM   
Moviegeek1976

I'm a massive Indiana Jones fan and remember watching the originals with awe when I was a kid at the cinema. I'll admit I was disappointed when I first saw Crystall Skull at the cinema which was due to massive overhype but when I watched it on Blueray later on in the year I was very surprised as to how enjoyable it was. It's no Raiders but I do believe it's up there with the other films. Bring on the next one I say.

Post #: 92
RE: Exclusive: Indy 5 Is A Go! - 18/6/2009 7:16:53 PM   
Lizziechi

Im not afraid to say it: Im with you!
Indy IV was very entertaining. I hope Shia gets accidentally crushed by an autobot, but on the whole, even a mediocre Indiana Jones is still much better than most of the stuff in the cinema!

Hot Celebrity Gossip

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 93
- 18/6/2009 7:17:01 PM   
thejonner

No. Silly boys...

Post #: 94
- 18/6/2009 7:29:53 PM   
Rogue

I got the stone dropping in the pit of my stomach feeling when I saw the headline.

I enjoyed the previous film but please, I fear another visit will desecrate the memory of the fabled Indy originals. Spielberg and Lucas, those films are as much ours as they are yours, don't play silly buggers with a much loved franchise and focus your talents elsewhere.

But if they do make it, I'll be in the queue no doubt!

Post #: 95
- 18/6/2009 7:44:13 PM   
LeChuck

I have to say, I'm yet to work out on what level KotCS was supposed to be enjoyable. Even leaving aside its heritage, I just found it to be a terribly written film with no forward momentum and no points of interest to any of the characters; it's the only Steven Spielberg film I've seen which I would describe as "incompetent", and that's saddening.

I guess box office logic suggests that a fifth is a good idea, but I'm very unlikely to be there to see it this time...

Post #: 96
Not going to see it. - 18/6/2009 7:46:06 PM   
coomi01

Next to nobody will. Even the deluded few who pretended that Indy 4 was good will have to eat humble pie. Then again, if they could make it dark (like Temple) and actually have Indy searching after something other than F"%^ING ALIENS!!! like, i dunno, Excalibur or Avalon or Atlantis or Bill Gates first dollar, then maybe...maybe...just maybe. But for the love of good, kill off Mutt in the first reel. Yeah baby!!!

Post #: 97
Why not make Indy 5!! - 18/6/2009 7:54:51 PM   
menace76

I liked Crystal Skull, in my opinion it was the 3rd best in the series, and even if many people didn't like it it was still a box office success. So why not make another one!!? I would love to see indy back in action again even if he is knocking on a bit. if people oppose the idea and they don't like the idea of another movie then the answer is simple. DON'T GO AND SEE IT!! Same goes with terminator salvation. Didn't like it? Then don't watch the next the one.

Post #: 98
67! - 18/6/2009 8:04:32 PM   
danbo1138

= too old.sorry Han but i can't buy Indy still kicking ass at that age. Recast? Works for Bond(sometimes)

Post #: 99
hmph - 18/6/2009 8:05:56 PM   
mattbojangles

1st Raiders
2nd Last Crusade
3rd Crystal Skull
4th Temple

That is a fact! Also to anyone who hates on indy for doing aliens, i think aliens were the perfect way to go with a 1950s set film, it fitted the period. So pfffffffffffft to you! pffffft!

Post #: 100
GOOD LORD - 18/6/2009 8:15:45 PM   
jcallan

Fuck no

Post #: 101
Only if it's a prequel - 18/6/2009 8:25:20 PM   
Sakperi

If Indy V ever gets made (and it should be rather soon if we want Ford in it) it should be a prequel to Crystal Skull. Enough with the family bonds, it was great in Last Crusade and very decent in Skull but twice is enough. More fitting to the saga would be a dark film in the Dark Knight style with our hero in advanced age, more cynic than ever, globetrotting from snowie mountains to deserts and tropical islands still in good shape to kick ass. The scene from Darabond's script with Indy drunk, walking around the campus would be really good. Of course, in the course of all this he would get involved with a beautiful woman who would "bring the light back" in our adventurer's life although they would not end up together and with Crystal Skull his personal happiness would be completed.

Of course, this is just what a humble fan wants to see but deep down I believe it would be a very good film!

Post #: 102
Crystal Skull easy to improve on - 18/6/2009 8:26:23 PM   
SeanValen

I think the original Indy 4 script many were interested about, maybe they can get ideas from that.

I think what we need is less of a reunion feel of Indy 4, where it was a happy family gang half way through, and have a film where Indy is just more physically threatened by wonders. That's what is missing these days, a escapism that is done really fantastic yet kinda real.

Post #: 103
It'll be about the Bodhi Tree - 18/6/2009 8:28:39 PM   
Paxton

Indy's going to find the original Bodhi tree, long thought dead, but actually dug up and moved to Nepal before Queen Tissarakka strangled the decoy with thorns. Marion dies (poisoned) during the course of the film, and at the end of the film Indy attains Nirvana and evaporates into a higher plane, as Mutt and a couple of hundred Chinese troops look on in wonder.

They're trying to shoehorn Salah back into this one, apparently.

Post #: 104
Script - 18/6/2009 8:31:07 PM   
Johnny Boyle

How about Indy in search of a decent script as the last debacle felt like a pay day for all involved.My expectations were high but c'mon it was rubbish.Maybe if JJ Abrahms directed it might be exciting as he's very in touch with the popcorn chompin audience.
I love all types of movies but I'll be reluctant to see Indy 5.

Post #: 105
Script - 18/6/2009 8:31:16 PM   
Johnny Boyle

How about Indy in search of a decent script as the last debacle felt like a pay day for all involved.My expectations were high but c'mon it was rubbish.Maybe if JJ Abrahms directed it might be exciting as he's very in touch with the popcorn chompin audience.
I love all types of movies but I'll be reluctant to see Indy 5.

Post #: 106
RE: Crystal Skull easy to improve on - 18/6/2009 8:31:40 PM   
SeanValen

Also it won't hurt getting some more writers turn in a draft, I mean, if  a film, last time out in a fanchise makes 800 million worldwide, wouldn't you wanna get as many writers as you can putting down ideas for a 5th? It's like there brain drained and too proud to look around for talent. Lucus is not the same with age, and Speilberg has done alot of great stuff, maybe it wouldn't hurt to get someone fresh with ideas in, to spark Indy up, wake Harrison up, and do a film to cap the series off.

(in reply to SeanValen)
Post #: 107
Not sure if I could watch another Indy........... - 18/6/2009 8:42:11 PM   
Super Prawnman

After seeing the South Park episode! I don't see the beards in the same light anymore!

Post #: 108
Take a chance...go on, go on, go on... - 18/6/2009 9:40:58 PM   
sugarcrappies

Prior to that recent alien related tosh, Indy's quest always involved an artifact connected with a major world religion. The Hebrew Ark, the Hindu Shankara Stones, the Christian Holy Grail. I think with this new film they should address a similar Islamic relic. Gopher it! Why not?

Post #: 109
- 18/6/2009 10:04:42 PM   
Showstopper_amb

I too thought that the aliens fitted the era, but would like a return to the whole search for a religious artifact thing. Or how about the Gardens of Babylon or the lost city of Atlantis?

Post #: 110
Bring back religion! - 18/6/2009 10:18:44 PM   
tallaght24

Indy needs to start looking for religious relics again. Also I think the hat and whip belong to Shia now. Also if I see anymore wannbe Tarzan action I'll kick off!

Post #: 111
- 18/6/2009 10:42:11 PM   
Alistair

I think the Crystal Skull McGuffin was too left-field and didn't suit an Indy film at all. It didn't have the same sense of fantasy, mystery or adventure of either Raiders or Last Crusade (which are the two greatest adventure films ever made as far as I'm concerned).

I think that maybe this film could work very well as 'they' (aka Spielberg and hopefully Lucas) must have realised they made a mistake with the aliens. Make it biblical again,, as this gives the Indy films such a great sense of mythos.

Post #: 112
A novel title for indy 5 - 18/6/2009 11:08:36 PM   
warpcoreuk

How about... "Indiana Jones 5: - The search for prophet" pun intended.

Post #: 113
- 19/6/2009 12:11:23 AM   
blindlemonpie

The last one stank. One of the many reasons was Shia Labeouf and we are just going to get even more of him in a part 5. George "lost the plot" Lucas will surely ruin another script, Spielberg will hack it out, Ford will look embarrassingly old and they won't care because they'll make a shed load of money. They can shove their tarzan monkeys, nuclear bomb shelter fridges, and stupid plastic skulls where the sun don't shine. I hope this dies on its arse.

Post #: 114
Shia is not bad, but NOT in same league as Ford - 19/6/2009 12:25:33 AM   
emperorglenuff

Shia is a sidekick type actor, he's too small and goofy to fill Indy's boots. Lacks that manliness that Ford has, in a completely platonic sense of course...

Post #: 115
RE: - 19/6/2009 12:39:24 AM   
jboyle79

This is going to be bad...
Let's take a look at the evidence here - Has Lucas ever listened to his audience? No...he continued making the Star Wars prequel when the entire world was united against them...
What we have here are three aging geniuses (For in their prime Ford, Lucas and Spielberg were all true genius) trying to recapture the glory days.
Let it go boys...some things are better left alone...

However - seeing as how that will never happen as long as another pay-cheque can be gleaned by ass-raping our childhood memories, I am also going to add my two cents...

1) Mutt could work - possibly - it all depends how they handle it...I always thought Short-Round would have been a brilliant character to follow through (I know, difficult because of the timeline and all that...) But a young, dumb, street-wise side-kick to counterpoint Indy's aged cynic? Why not?? It just has to be written well!
2) Atlantis? Pfffft - I hope not - too much opportunity for pointless CGI...No...I think the best idea I have heard on this forum so far is Excalibur...lots of great legend to play with...the chance for European locations...For the Mutt-Haters, you could even have a clever plot device of simply carrying straight on from the last film - The new Mr and Mrs Jones are on honeymoon, in Europe, and stumble across a bunch of nasties trying to find the magical sword that imbues it's holder with greta power...Have a kidnap in there and Mrs. Jones is also out of the movie for a large chunk of it...
3) Want religion? How about the Stone Tablets of the Ten Commandments??

Basically - I think anything could work, and be better than Indiana Jones and the Dire Script...it just needs to be a well-written adventure rather than a foray into stupidity...

"Aren't you a little fat for a stormtrooper?"
"Well, stay here and rot you stuck up bitch!"

(in reply to blindlemonpie)
Post #: 116
RE: Bring back religion! - 19/6/2009 12:41:09 AM   
Ash_G

exactly what i was saying. religion = kick ass! but only with indy of course (robert langdon can go and sit in the corner). if they look at indy 4 and realise what they shouldn't have done, maybe they could rectify their mistakes.

(in reply to tallaght24)
Post #: 117
RE: Exclusive: Indy 5 Is A Go! - 19/6/2009 5:02:54 AM   
Mr Underhill

No. Just no.

< Message edited by Mr Underhill -- 19/6/2009 5:03:42 AM >

I hate snakes, Jock! I hate em!!

It's good knowin' he's out there ... takin' er easy for all us sinners.

Last film watched -
Monsters - 4/5

(in reply to Ash_G)
Post #: 118
Indiana Jones.... - 19/6/2009 5:57:21 AM   
gss131

And The Chase For The Lost Zimmerframe.

Fuckin money grabbin whores, the lot of them. Indy 4 was a pile of rancid monkee spank and now they want even more money for more drivel. Will not be spending my money on that, would not even watch a pirated download.
Indiana Jones retired in 1989. End of.

Post #: 119
RE: RE: - 19/6/2009 10:43:04 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: jboyle79
The new Mr and Mrs Jones are on honeymoon, in Europe, and stumble across a bunch of nasties trying to find the magical sword that imbues it's holder with greta power...Have a kidnap in there and Mrs. Jones is also out of the movie for a large chunk of it...

This is what I'm fearing, Indiana Jones becoming a continuing story rather than one off adventures.

(in reply to jboyle79)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Proof Pudding Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI