Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

and stuff..

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> and stuff.. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
and stuff.. - 18/6/2009 2:17:49 PM   
Reaps

I had the idea of a story.. centered around a mysterious dude who seems to own relics and suchlike that are way to good a condition to be deemed antique..turns out there's a portal the dude found that he goes through to bring back stuff through and make money from and stuff and indy finds it and stuff and goes back in time to save atlanta from being sunk and stuff by inventing stuff to stop it sinking and comes back and stuff to find in the present atlanta is like a nasty place that governs the world and so he goes back and stuff to undo what he did and stuff but he needs jesus to help him and..stuff.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
No Aliens, please!! - 18/6/2009 2:19:37 PM   
**pirate_queen**

If they insist on doing another one then please this time no aliens! They should get back to the historical artefacts and religious stuff, someone said in their comment about arthurian legend, that could be pretty awesome!! Or maybe the spear of destiny, they haven't tackled that yet!

Post #: 62
RE: No Aliens, please!! - 18/6/2009 2:27:38 PM   
Edge

I like Indy 4 and would welcome another.

How about the spear of destiny and underground Nazi's are trying to get it so that they can build an unbeatable army... Marion and Mutt can be killed in the 1 st 5mins... perfect!!!!

(in reply to **pirate_queen**)
Post #: 63
RE: and stuff.. - 18/6/2009 2:28:38 PM   
Histeria

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reaps

atlanta is like a nasty place that governs the world

Harsh. It didn't seem that bad when I went there.

(in reply to Reaps)
Post #: 64
Crap - 18/6/2009 2:33:21 PM   
marlo

Indy 4 was crap! After all those years of saying they would only do another if the script was good enough they produced a duffer. So why try again? Why don't they all concentrate their efforts on new original projects.

Post #: 65
BERMUDA TRIANGLE or ATLANTIS - 18/6/2009 2:38:30 PM   
claudemg

If they take on something well known like Atlantis (which we all seem to want) it will help a lot. I hated the skulls in indy 4....had no effect on me whatsoever (like the shankara stones for that matter). Anyway, this is excellent news. Some of us die-hard fans still await a decent follow-up to Raiders

Post #: 66
Nay! Nay! A thousand times Nay!!! - 18/6/2009 2:41:59 PM   
Jack'sSmirkinRevenge

Crystal Skull wasn't just the worst Indy film (how anyone could put it above Temple Of Doom, I'll never know) but it was a dreadful film in general. CGI gophers. Aliens. Mutt. Old Indy. And don't even get me started on the way they 'nuked the fridge'. It had a weak story, bad dialogue, none of the old atmosphere or charm and was fucking atrocious. Ok, if you liked it, fine. That's your opinion. But some people thought Hitler was dead right. Doesn't mean their opinion was right.  For gods sake, don't make another

< Message edited by Jack'sSmirkinRevenge -- 18/6/2009 2:43:41 PM >

Post #: 67
BERMUDA TRIANGLE or ATLANTIS - 18/6/2009 2:48:18 PM   
claudemg

If they take on something well known like Atlantis (which we all seem to want) it will help a lot. I hated the skulls in indy 4....had no effect on me whatsoever (like the shankara stones for that matter). Anyway, this is excellent news. Some of us die-hard fans still await a decent follow-up to Raiders

Post #: 68
- 18/6/2009 2:53:41 PM   
skystreak

Its nothing to do with quality, its all to do with money, the Star Wars Prequels ruined everything..

Post #: 69
- 18/6/2009 3:10:36 PM   
coljohnmatrix

Oh no no no no no no noooooo!!! I hated the last one, as did about 90% of everyone else I know who saw it (I only know two people who liked it!)

The problem with Indy 4 wasn't Harrison's age (he was just about the only person who I thought did a decent job), but everything else which seems so incredibly half-arsed and pedestrian.

I wouldn't actually mind them milking these old franchises for every last dollar, if they actually managed to make a decent sequel once in a while - Star Wars prequels - crap. T3 & T4 - crap. All Alien and/or Predator films after Alien 3 - crap. Indy 4 - crap.

Sigh.

Post #: 70
SPEAR OF DESTINY & NO MONKEYS - 18/6/2009 3:27:04 PM   
ouija board

The spear of destiny would be a good story - but please no swinging through the jungle with monkeys.

Post #: 71
Atlantis, Spear of Destiny, Staff of Kings - 18/6/2009 3:39:41 PM   
BrianShields25

bow of apollo, hammer of thor, etc

i love that everyone 'bought' the macguffins when they're based on juedo-christian mythology, but everyone said it was ridiculous when it was aliens instead. All the same BS, but they might want to stick with that in order to get the broader audiences behind it.

Otherwise you have to go with Atlantis IMHO

Post #: 72
Stop! Halt! - 18/6/2009 3:42:08 PM   
nybras

No more Indy please. Indy 1 & 2 are the best, so best to quit while the going is good I say.

Post #: 73
RE: Atlantis, Spear of Destiny, Staff of Kings - 18/6/2009 3:44:06 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrianShields25

bow of apollo, hammer of thor, etc

i love that everyone 'bought' the macguffins when they're based on juedo-christian mythology, but everyone said it was ridiculous when it was aliens instead. All the same BS, but they might want to stick with that in order to get the broader audiences behind it.

Otherwise you have to go with Atlantis IMHO

would love it to be hammer of thor...just so we can have Ron Burgundy saying it as the title sequence pops up...Indiana Jones, By The Hammer Of Thor !!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to BrianShields25)
Post #: 74
RE: SPEAR OF DESTINY & NO MONKEYS - 18/6/2009 3:48:01 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: ouija board

The spear of destiny would be a good story.

Definitely. That would be a way to incorporate surviving Nazis from ODESSA as the villains, which I mentioned earlier

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to ouija board)
Post #: 75
RE: SPEAR OF DESTINY & NO MONKEYS - 18/6/2009 3:55:22 PM   
CORLEONE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

quote:

Definitely. That would be a way to incorporate surviving Nazis from ODESSA as the villains, which I mentioned earlier

Sure would. Love the whole God/Devil thing even if it has already been done recently with the under-rated Constantine.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 76
Loved Indy 4...Bring on the next one!! - 18/6/2009 3:58:54 PM   
jameslowe

Hehe, I love reading some of the comments on this site. So many of the movie goers really do look at things through rose tinted spectacles. I thought the last Indy movie was great and stuck quite faithfully to the atmosphere of the first three. No I did not like the skulls (I thought it was a bit naff),and the climax was a lot to swallow quite frankly. The stupid CGI was it's biggest downfall and I don't know how much of that is down to Spielberg, to Lucas or to the special effects people. I sense some considerable Lucas meddling as the worst bits of the three SW prequals were all CGI crap related!!! Still Speilberg has to shoulder the blame as director. Bottom line, I found it entertaining, the end was no more ridiculous than the end of Raiders, or for that matter Grail. I thought Shia was a great new character and complimented the aging Indiana well. I would've liked to see a bit more of the South American cities a la Raiders in Cairo, but it is a minor quibble!
Sure it could've been better, but it was great for what it was. A pop corn movie. That said, I think the consus of opinion on monkeys and that stupid rodent are bang on, what made so many of the old movie 'look' so good is that things were real (same with star wars). Too many special effects spoil the whole!

Post #: 77
ODESSA - 18/6/2009 4:06:13 PM   
jimvh1

I like the ODESSA theme mentioned by someone.

George Lucas should not be allowed anywhere near this film.

Post #: 78
RE: SPEAR OF DESTINY & NO MONKEYS - 18/6/2009 4:06:49 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

quote:

Sure would. Love the whole God/Devil thing even if it has already been done recently with the under-rated Constantine.

Me too man, I'm a sucker for that stuff. And I liked Constantine too

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 79
RE: ODESSA - 18/6/2009 4:08:18 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimvh1

I like the ODESSA theme mentioned by someone.

Thanks

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to jimvh1)
Post #: 80
- 18/6/2009 4:08:20 PM   
zamarov

Indy 4 was a massive disappointment and falls drastically short of the previous three films. The film's faults go way beyond the choice of aliens or the character of Mutt (Shia was actually pretty good) .

The screenplay was the number one fault, devoid of interesting characters, sparkling dialogue or any sense of suspense. Furthermore the blatant and unchecked use of CGI went against one of the stronger elements of the series, the use of stunts and practicle effects that imbued the film with a sense of danger for the viewer.

The star wars prequels saw a gradual but negligible improvement, but nothing to suggest that Lucas learnt from his mistakes.

Without a cracking script, it's absolutely pointless making another Indy film.

Post #: 81
- 18/6/2009 4:13:49 PM   
betsy101

Well, if Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Dull is anything to go by there won't be an audience for a 5th. And what to call it?

Indiana Jones and the Further Evidence that George Lucas Has Lost It (not that we needed it)

or

Indiana Jones and the Hollywood Homicide of Harrison Ford?

Post #: 82
RE: Atlantis, Spear of Destiny, Staff of Kings - 18/6/2009 4:30:16 PM   
Moronifighter

eeeeerm the Sankara Stones were neither Christian nor Judean, so you can stop that straight off

(in reply to BrianShields25)
Post #: 83
- 18/6/2009 4:33:08 PM   
sweetladybrick

I quite liked Crystal Skull, it was better than Temple of Doom. It was no Raiders, sure, but it was a good solid adventure film (although the alien finale did feel a bit... well, wrong). The CGI seemed a bit misplaced for Indy, but it wasn't an awful film by a long shot. Besides, it's not like they added an appendix to the Bible or anything like that, they are great films but they are only films! If they make another one, I hope it's good. If it's not, I'll pretend it never happened, just like Jaws 2-4.

Post #: 84
Yeah, all right... - 18/6/2009 5:01:06 PM   
stewart4

I'm all for seeing another Indy flick. My only problem with the 4th was that they referenced the previous films too much which made it feel too much like a gimmick. Hopefully they've gone past the 'We're back!" stage and will make it far more of a stand alone adventure. I like Labeouf but if they bring him back it will feel too much like a sequel, whereas Temple and Crusade did not.

Post #: 85
RE: Yeah, all right... - 18/6/2009 6:00:04 PM   
Edge

so we are agreed then... Kazuya Odessa and my spear of destiny (ripping off Constantine) - but can we kill marion and Mutt? Please? I Love Indy, but don't think it would stand up as a "family business" as per Mummy returns *shudders*

(in reply to stewart4)
Post #: 86
So Crystal Skull wasn't as good as Raiders. . . - 18/6/2009 6:06:56 PM   
kaztunk

. . . Neither were the other sequels! But they were all a fun time. Crystal Skull would have been a "so so" movie in my book, except for the presence of Harrison and Indiana Freaking Jones, which brought it up to "great". I want more Indy, and I'd prefer if Skull weren't the last film. They just have to step up their game a notch.

Post #: 87
- 18/6/2009 6:11:32 PM   
VijayUK

@ betsy101 & zamarov - totally agree with your comments. Indy IV was utter garbage imo, the biggest cinematic disappointment in a long time for me. No need for Indy V, or anything from Gerorge Lucas post-1983.

Post #: 88
RE: - 18/6/2009 6:21:46 PM   
CORLEONE

quote:

ORIGINAL: betsy101

Well, if Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Dull is anything to go by there won't be an audience for a 5th.

I can think of 800,000,000 reasons why this statement is bollocks

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to betsy101)
Post #: 89
LET IT DIE - 18/6/2009 6:21:53 PM   
rich

Let this franchise die please. It's ruined, there is no more to get from it. Unless something amazing takes place between now and Tintin, this has no chance of saving Indy.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> and stuff.. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI