Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: crystal skulls sucked balls!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: crystal skulls sucked balls! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: crystal skulls sucked balls! - 18/6/2009 12:28:28 PM   
CORLEONE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

The biggest problem facing the film is that after setting Cystal Skull in the 50s they can no longer use Nazis, who we all love to hate.

Sure they can, say, members of ODESSA and what have you.

Well good, because those Russians were crap compared to the Nazis. I hope they don't make it too ridiculous and keep CGI to a minimum.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 31
RE: crystal skulls sucked balls! - 18/6/2009 12:28:28 PM   
Timon

quote:

quote:

The biggest problem facing the film is that after setting Cystal Skull in the 50s they can no longer use Nazis, who we all love to hate.

*assumes Ari Gold stance.

Neo-Nazis.

Boom.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 32
New title - 18/6/2009 12:28:33 PM   
lukeyboy

This one will be called Indiana Bones,.......coz he's so old he's just a pile of bones! Geddit?? Did you see what i did??

Seriously guys,....leave it alone!!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 33
The perfect chance to redeam themselves... - 18/6/2009 12:29:31 PM   
mottie

Crapping on people’s childhoods seems to be their forte indeed. I yet have little hope for this new attempt. I my eyes, Indy 4’s biggest and maybe only real problem were its visuals. Ok, the interdimensional alien conehead thingies where a hard pill to swallow, but so was the heart-ripping, face melting and super-aging in the previous three installments. The quality of the characters always made me care enough to believe. In the past Computer graphics where always present in indies more climactic scenes, but never as a nuisance, always functional, this time they annoyed the sh*t out of me. The look and manor of visual storytelling in indy 4 reminded me more of peter Jackson's King Kong then of the dusty adventures I remembered from the past. CG because we can, not because we should. I blame this to the lazy blending of CG with live action, Indy doesn't fight CG monkeys, he doesn't ride through a CG jungle and almost off a CG cliff, there are no computer generated groundhogs in Indy’s world, he does stuff FOR REAL. Maybe the fault was in the inevitable compromises that come from a Lucas/Spielberg collaboration. I felt Lucas's visual touch (CG where we can, as often as we can) was too dominant on screen. For some. This is minor, but for me this changed to whole experience and transformed Indy 4 into a high-tech glossy affair and stripped away almost all his iconic 'realness'. Does this make any sense? :)

Post #: 34
RE: crystal skulls sucked balls! - 18/6/2009 12:30:13 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

quote:

*assumes Ari Gold stance.

Neo-Nazis.

Boom.

*High fives Ti*

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 35
RE: The perfect chance to redeam themselves... - 18/6/2009 12:31:32 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: mottie

Crapping on people’s childhoods seems to be their forte indeed. I yet have little hope for this new attempt. I my eyes, Indy 4’s biggest and maybe only real problem were its visuals. Ok, the interdimensional alien conehead thingies where a hard pill to swallow, but so was the heart-ripping, face melting and super-aging in the previous three installments. The quality of the characters always made me care enough to believe. In the past Computer graphics where always present in indies more climactic scenes, but never as a nuisance, always functional, this time they annoyed the sh*t out of me. The look and manor of visual storytelling in indy 4 reminded me more of peter Jackson's King Kong then of the dusty adventures I remembered from the past. CG because we can, not because we should. I blame this to the lazy blending of CG with live action, Indy doesn't fight CG monkeys, he doesn't ride through a CG jungle and almost off a CG cliff, there are no computer generated groundhogs in Indy’s world, he does stuff FOR REAL. Maybe the fault was in the inevitable compromises that come from a Lucas/Spielberg collaboration. I felt Lucas's visual touch (CG where we can, as often as we can) was too dominant on screen. For some. This is minor, but for me this changed to whole experience and transformed Indy 4 into a high-tech glossy affair and stripped away almost all his iconic 'realness'. Does this make any sense? :)

Give it a fucking rest, will you?

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to mottie)
Post #: 36
- 18/6/2009 12:32:31 PM   
sleepwalker

Ive Got a baad feeling about this...

Unless they keep Lucas out that is, Harrison Ford was fantastic in the last one!!! Ive still got more than a lot of confiedence in Spielberg too. Come on guys we all know where the Gophers, Monkeys and fridge came from. Also would love to see a return from Kate Capshaw as the other woman!!!

Post #: 37
RE: crystal skulls sucked balls! - 18/6/2009 12:34:30 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well good, because those Russians were crap compared to the Nazis. I hope they don't make it too ridiculous and keep CGI to a minimum.

I liked the Russian villains, but I definitely prefer Indy to battle Nazis, it just seems right. The Thugees were cool to, though.

And yeah, like we discussed in the "Shia LaBeouf Talks Indy V" thread, a little less reliance on CGI would be nice.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 38
RE: The perfect chance to redeam themselves... - 18/6/2009 12:35:44 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

Crapping on people's childhoods seems to be their forte indeed. I yet have little hope for this new attempt. I my eyes, Indy 4's biggest and maybe only real problem were its visuals. Ok, the interdimensional alien conehead thingies where a hard pill to swallow, but so was the heart-ripping, face melting and super-aging in the previous three installments. The quality of the characters always made me care enough to believe. In the past Computer graphics where always present in indies more climactic scenes, but never as a nuisance, always functional, this time they annoyed the sh*t out of me. The look and manor of visual storytelling in indy 4 reminded me more of peter Jackson's King Kong then of the dusty adventures I remembered from the past. CG because we can, not because we should. I blame this to the lazy blending of CG with live action, Indy doesn't fight CG monkeys, he doesn't ride through a CG jungle and almost off a CG cliff, there are no computer generated groundhogs in Indy's world, he does stuff FOR REAL. Maybe the fault was in the inevitable compromises that come from a Lucas/Spielberg collaboration. I felt Lucas's visual touch (CG where we can, as often as we can) was too dominant on screen. For some. This is minor, but for me this changed to whole experience and transformed Indy 4 into a high-tech glossy affair and stripped away almost all his iconic 'realness'. Does this make any sense? :)

It does make sense; but whilst I really enjoyed the forth installment I will concead it isn't a patch on the first three.

I think it suffered from a similar problem to the criticism leveled at the new Terminator film - lots of action, CGI but no plot, character development etc etc. But I think this is an inherent problem with films trying to appeal to the older audience who grew up with the Indy/Terminator films of the 80's and early 90's; whilst also trying to pander to a new audience of cinema goers who (and I apologise for the sweeping statement) just want as much bang for thier buck as they can get.

I know I keep banging on with this story, but my wife in one of her English lessons showed her kids Jaws - and they fucking hated it because the special effects were crap. They even rated Aliens Vs Predator over the original Alien films because their was more action, violence, CGI ect etc.

IndyIV couldn't be exactly like the first three films because whilst you and I might have loved it, it would have potentially alienated an entire audience and the film would have been a commercial flop.

Does that make any sense?

< Message edited by waltham1979 -- 18/6/2009 12:38:15 PM >

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to mottie)
Post #: 39
obviously - 18/6/2009 12:39:12 PM   
mottie

something went wrong, not my intention to post my subjective thoughts a gazillion times. @ Kazuya, maybe trying to use real arguments for a change would illustrate u 2 are a real film fan. Try it, you may learn to like it...

Post #: 40
RE: Exclusive: Indy 5 Is A Go! - 18/6/2009 12:39:12 PM   
Tech_Noir

Indy 5 a go?

Shouldn't they wait another 20 years?

Post #: 41
New Idea - 18/6/2009 12:45:26 PM   
garyfrenchkangaroo

How about Indiana Jones Vs. The mummy. We make Brendan Fraser and Harrison Foord fight to see whose most recent film really was the most dissapointing.

Post #: 42
RE: obviously - 18/6/2009 12:45:41 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

something went wrong, not my intention to post my subjective thoughts a gazillion times. @ Kazuya, maybe trying to use real arguments for a change would illustrate u 2 are a real film fan. Try it, you may learn to like it...

I do that all the time, mottie. In fact I've argued the merits of KotCS numerous times on this forum, but every time I do so, a million trillion fucking moronic posts drown out what I was getting at.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to mottie)
Post #: 43
Oh dear... - 18/6/2009 12:51:34 PM   
sinaplenty

A sequel to a fairly mediocre action adventure movie, starring a 70 year old man who hasn't really been much good in a movie for well over 10 years, supported by a personality vacuum with a stupid first name and a crushed hand to remind him of the fun to be had in drink driving. Oh and a writer/director team, 50% of which has been unutterably and quite shocking cack for many many years now. Running out of ideas much?

< Message edited by sinaplenty -- 18/6/2009 12:53:22 PM >

Post #: 44
A Return To The Grittiness and Edge Of Raiders - 18/6/2009 12:52:26 PM   
El-Branden Brazil

Indeed, a good chance to redeem themselves from that horrible last film. I have been a hardcore Indiana Jones fan since I saw Raiders, when I was ten (do the math), and the last film was a tragic wasted opportunity to take us on an adventure worthy of the good Dr. Jones. Let us hope that this time round, they get rid of the overuse of CGI, eliminate Mutt, get back to archaeological and mystical relics, better dialogue and well-paced action, set in a world that has a sense of historical reality, as Raiders did. Personally, I want the quality and sensibility of a Merchant & Ivory historical drama, with Indy doing what he does best embedded within. Lucas and Spielberg should not be afraid to make this for us mature Indy fans, rather than dumbing him down for the kiddie market. In actual fact, most of the kids I know who saw Crystal Skull, thought it was average at best.

Grit, grit, grit and some more grit! Oh, and some genuine sense of peril, which was what made Indy fun in the first place, please!

< Message edited by El-Branden Brazil -- 18/6/2009 12:57:02 PM >

Post #: 45
RE: New Idea - 18/6/2009 12:58:57 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: garyfrenchkangaroo

How about Indiana Jones Vs. The mummy. We make Brendan Fraser and Harrison Foord fight to see whose most recent film really was the most dissapointing.

How about Indiana Jones Vs Predator??

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to garyfrenchkangaroo)
Post #: 46
Create a petition - 18/6/2009 1:08:05 PM   
piccolo135

I reckon set up a petition for everyone to sign, Ban George Lucas From Green Screen/Stupid Characters/CGI/Being On Set.

Post your signatures please!

Post #: 47
RE: Create a petition - 18/6/2009 1:17:35 PM   
Gazdance

I did not like Crystal Skull. However, I only saw it once and I would be willing to watch it again to see if there is any good in there. A fifth installment seems inevitable so if it has to happen then I may as well hope for the best and a film that feels more in the spirit of the original three. Crystal Skull just felt too much like a different universe completely. I've no objections at all to Shia LeBeouf. He's a perfectly capable and reliable actor, I think they need to write the relationship better. Under no circumstances should Mutt Jones be the focus of a fifth movie!

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 48
Why make one shit sequel..... - 18/6/2009 1:17:41 PM   
purplefacedmonkey

when you can make TWO shit sequels!!!!!

Fuck it, let's go the star wars route and make a new triology of shit movies!!!!

Post #: 49
- 18/6/2009 1:18:52 PM   
kneerash

Simple, no bad dialogue, no aliens, no CGI animals, no pointless natives, and a return to either the religious story line or some well known ancient legend like Atlantis. Shoot George Lucas in the face and have some scenes where Indy actually does some archaeology and investigation. A good formula does not need to be retooled for modern less intelligent audiences.

Post #: 50
- 18/6/2009 1:23:22 PM   
MusicLovesYou

I watched Crystal Skulls twice at the cinema. Enjoyed it first time round, didn't enoy it second time round, then watched it again on DVD recently and enjoyed it. Okay, there are huge and horrible judgement flaws from Steve and George (gophers, Shia the Beef Tarzan-ing through the jungle assisted by monkeys) and ridiculous flights of fancy (riding a nuclear wave in a fridge, rolling and flicking a duck submersible off a tree) and as for the whole Aliens thing, well I guess it depends on whether you were into the whole Crystal Skull mythology prior to the film; however, the melty-face ghosts from Raiders? The dingy escape and cart chase in Temple of Doom? The tank going over the cliff in Last Crusade? Utterly and completely insanely stupid, but we love it!

Crystal Skulls tried to give all of us all of the things we wanted to see in a 4th Indy film, but somehow it feels like they've tried a little too hard and lost sight of the end goal a little. Maybe, the pressure's off with a 5th installment. I live in hope...

Post #: 51
Arthur - 18/6/2009 1:32:32 PM   
morrismaciver

How about some Arthurian legends? Excalibur would make an excellent Macguffin.

Post #: 52
Indy V - 18/6/2009 1:35:22 PM  1 votes
Davegod21

How about a tale of derring-do featuring lots of stunts and Indy dispatching lots of bad guys in military uniform whilst trying to find an ancient artefact before the bad guys do? This would be better that a completely incoherent plot and relying way too much on dodgy CGI.

Post #: 53
- 18/6/2009 1:35:35 PM  1 votes
Ayanna

*sigh* Here come the Indy haters again, before the 4th was even made I knew people would bash it, why? Cause Lucas was involved. I enjoyed Indy IV, was it the best Indy film? Nope, but it was better than Temple of Doom. Plus I'll do anything for another John Williams score so that's an instant 8/10 right there.

If you didn't like Indy IV, then just don't see the fifth :) Simple as. I didn't like the first LOTRs movie so I left it at that. It was pish, the end. I'm not going to waste my life bitching about crap, so for Indy IV haters, do as I did.

Post #: 54
YAY! - 18/6/2009 1:38:23 PM   
joanna likes films

OMG, I'm so happy! I loved Crystal Skull and I'm glad they are going ahead for a fifth one! I so can't wait, I had a feeling that Shia was right all along since he said it now I'm bursting. Yay, more adventures with Indy and Mutt (yum!)

Post #: 55
- 18/6/2009 1:47:57 PM   
ltally

Just seen the new indy game and the staff of moses might not be a bad mcguffin, and could offer the chance to bring back the likes of Sallah.

Post #: 56
- 18/6/2009 1:49:44 PM   
kneerash

Simple, no bad dialogue, no aliens, no CGI animals, no pointless natives, and a return to either the religious story line or some well known ancient legend like Atlantis. Shoot George Lucas in the face and have some scenes where Indy actually does some archaeology and investigation. A good formula does not need to be retooled for modern less intelligent audiences.

Post #: 57
Spielberg.... - 18/6/2009 1:57:53 PM   
Moosedog

Not an Indy comment... but the other night i happened to catch 'Duel' on ITV4... and is it just me or is it in the top5 Spielberg movies??

Post #: 58
Would you take back a girlfriend who cheated on you? - 18/6/2009 2:06:37 PM   
zamarov

that's the question!

Post #: 59
Would you take back a girlfriend who cheated on you? - 18/6/2009 2:14:27 PM   
zamarov

that's the question!

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: crystal skulls sucked balls! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI