Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Indy 5 Is A Go!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Indy 5 Is A Go! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Indy 5 Is A Go! - 18/6/2009 11:35:21 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 18/6/2009 11:35:21 AM   
Glass3005

I'd rather play Spielberg and come up with a decent Indy V idea. Fucking aliens...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
More theological mythology type stuff please! - 18/6/2009 11:38:28 AM   
Ash_G

I love indy but if i'm being honest it's at its best when they're delving into religion and God. I'd like to see more of this, maybe the search for the garden of gethsemene (if thats how you spell it) or something along those lines. And please, less father-son looks between indy and mutt. It was cringe-worthy!

Post #: 3
No no no no - 18/6/2009 11:38:49 AM   
anxman

Why do George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford keep crapping on my childhood? Indy IV was at best a waste of several hours of my life, I don't see how it merits a sequel.

Post #: 4
Isn't it weird... - 18/6/2009 11:45:59 AM   
Dr Quinzel

That we are all quite happy to buy immortal Knights of the Round Table and magic arks that melt your face when opened but inter-dimensional beasties - no, they're just ridiculous. Having said that, let's stick to the quasi-religious McGuffins please - Indy's an archeologist, not a star-gazer.

Post #: 5
Why? - 18/6/2009 11:49:51 AM   
AJJCrook

Cos they're a bunch of c*cknosed f**kheads

Post #: 6
I actually walked out of a Spielberg movie! - 18/6/2009 11:51:53 AM   
Cameron1975Williams

Given the money and talent involved, I site 'Crystal Skull' as one of the worst movies ever made! At the other end of the spectrum, I was lucky enough to see 'Raiders' for the first time in a drive-in movie theatre and it was as good as it gets frankly. Speilberg has completely sold-out if he makes this and is doing serious damage to his legacy.

Post #: 7
Blame Paramount. - 18/6/2009 11:54:19 AM   
spark1

a $750mil worldwide box office for Indy4 led to studio desperate for more.

Post #: 8
RE: - 18/6/2009 11:57:16 AM   
jimoakley666

quote:

ORIGINAL: Glass3005

I'd rather play Spielberg and come up with a decent Indy V idea. Fucking aliens...

Ha ha ha. Ah. Funny. I don't mind the idea of another, but quite frankly, if they HAVE to have Mutt in it, although god knows why, can't we have him as a rather thick side kick like Biggles to Indy's Dan Dare? I'd rather see Indy dragging Mutt's arse out of the quicksand than the other way around. And fuck the aliens right off!

Now. Here is what the story would be if I was writing it...

Indy is in a race against time to find something called the Lazarus Chamber. That biblical (see what I did there) whatsit that brings people back to life. On the opposing side is a cult of escaped Nazi scientists living in Brazil who wish to use it to revive Hilter who's corpse they have stolen. Wooo!

The race finally brings them to a once sunken, now raised Nazi submarine perched up a cliff on a coral island where a volcano erupted in the 40's, tearing the sub from the sea as the island rose out of the water in the ensuing earthquake and tsunami. On board the sub is the Lazarus Chamber, taken apart piece by piece. Or is it? It's not there but what is is a horde of trapped Nazi zombies. Aaargh! The chamber has been taken into the centre of the island and reconstructed where the final battle and all (heaven and) hell breaks loose. Literally.

And it is here that the ghost of Indy's dead dad helps Henry Jones Jr (Sir Sean, if you wouldn't mind?) and Henry Jones III wipe out hitler and the Nazi's once and for all. With the help of the SAS and some Yank troops too.

Ahhh. I would pay much to see that film.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

(in reply to Glass3005)
Post #: 9
I actually walked out of a Spielberg movie! - 18/6/2009 11:58:35 AM   
Cameron1975Williams

Given the money and talent involved, I site 'Crystal Skull' as one of the worst movies ever made! At the other end of the spectrum, I was lucky enough to see 'Raiders' for the first time in a drive-in movie theatre and it was as good as it gets frankly. Speilberg has completely sold-out if he makes this and is doing serious damage to his legacy.

Post #: 10
RE: Exclusive: Indy 5 Is A Go! - 18/6/2009 12:00:26 PM   
Kazuya

Well, like I said in the other thread, this is very, very good news to me.

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 11
do it right this time please - 18/6/2009 12:03:13 PM   
kevkod

lets face it. crystal skull was rubbish. i was embarrassed watching it, and you guys gave it four stars? it could have been a good movie but this alien rubbish completely spoiled it. if they're going to make a new one, they have to stick to the tried and tested from the first three. forget about indy IV, forget it even exists because it almost ruined the franchise.

Post #: 12
RE: Exclusive: Indy 5 Is A Go! - 18/6/2009 12:06:06 PM   
waltham1979

I am sat hiding in a dark room with booarded up windows when I say this, but...

...I really enjoyed the IndyIV; not as good as the others but still really entertaining (yes I know its got aliens in it but its called suspending disbelief - the others wearn't known for being based in reality you know?!) so count me excited for a fifth one!

runaway !!!!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 13
crystal skulls sucked balls! - 18/6/2009 12:07:41 PM   
glm1977

i'm with Glass3005 on this one... never understood what became of the scripts featuring 'Atlantis'... perhaps they can go that way for the next one... some sort of nuclear bomb rivalling technology from Atlantis that those pesky russians are after... anything but aliens - it was like the scene from South Park with Spielberg shout 'stick it to him lucas!'.... (you have to know the clip)

Post #: 14
- 18/6/2009 12:10:23 PM   
stephenhickman2

As long as they have more moments like the fridge in neuclear bomb bit. Pure genius for all the wrong reasons, thats the moment I knew the rest of the film would be utter shit.

Post #: 15
RE: crystal skulls sucked balls! - 18/6/2009 12:11:12 PM   
Kazuya

Another day, another thread that will soon be flooded with moronic posts.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to glm1977)
Post #: 16
RE: crystal skulls sucked balls! - 18/6/2009 12:13:21 PM   
CORLEONE

The biggest problem facing the film is that after setting Cystal Skull in the 50s they can no longer use Nazis, who we all love to hate.

But yeah, bring it on, while Ford can still run.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 17
Atlantis would be nice - 18/6/2009 12:13:31 PM   
chrysalisloall

I think a really good idea would be the atlanteans, give tham a wierd religion, and possibly throw in some more communists or neo Nazis and we have a winner. The problem is it could be incredibly expensive with all the water effects.

Post #: 18
RE: crystal skulls sucked balls! - 18/6/2009 12:13:55 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

I think we are getting all the people that have been chucked off Superhero hype and IMDB...my personal favourite today is "Cos they're a bunch of c*cknosed f**kheads"....a very articulate and thought out response...

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 19
The perfect chance to redeam themselves... - 18/6/2009 12:13:58 PM   
mottie

Crapping on people’s childhoods seems to be their forte indeed. I yet have little hope for this new attempt. I my eyes, Indy 4’s biggest and maybe only real problem were its visuals. Ok, the interdimensional alien conehead thingies where a hard pill to swallow, but so was the heart-ripping, face melting and super-aging in the previous three installments. The quality of the characters always made me care enough to believe. In the past Computer graphics where always present in indies more climactic scenes, but never as a nuisance, always functional, this time they annoyed the sh*t out of me. The look and manor of visual storytelling in indy 4 reminded me more of peter Jackson's King Kong then of the dusty adventures I remembered from the past. CG because we can, not because we should. I blame this to the lazy blending of CG with live action, Indy doesn't fight CG monkeys, he doesn't ride through a CG jungle and almost off a CG cliff, there are no computer generated groundhogs in Indy’s world, he does stuff FOR REAL. Maybe the fault was in the inevitable compromises that come from a Lucas/Spielberg collaboration. I felt Lucas's visual touch (CG where we can, as often as we can) was too dominant on screen. For some. This is minor, but for me this changed to whole experience and transformed Indy 4 into a high-tech glossy affair and stripped away almost all his iconic 'realness'. Does this make any sense? :)

Post #: 20
Mixed reactions - 18/6/2009 12:15:58 PM   
hurdlem

The only reason I'm partially excited by this, is that it gives them the opportunity to redeem themselves after the abomination that was Crystal Skull. A spaceship soaring off into the sky is not the send-off this franchise deserves. But then I'm also weary of falling into the Star Wars prequel trap... watching Clones because it couldn't be as bad as Phantom Menace and watching Revenge Of The Sith because it couldn't be as awful as Clones. We may be another two Indy films down the line before we all realise this was all a very bad idea and that George Lucas should have been euthanised years ago for crimes against classic 80's cinema. Every time I think of those cgi monkeys boxing with Cate Blanchett I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Post #: 21
Mixed reactions - 18/6/2009 12:16:25 PM   
hurdlem

The only reason I'm partially excited by this, is that it gives them the opportunity to redeem themselves after the abomination that was Crystal Skull. A spaceship soaring off into the sky is not the send-off this franchise deserves. But then I'm also weary of falling into the Star Wars prequel trap... watching Clones because it couldn't be as bad as Phantom Menace and watching Revenge Of The Sith because it couldn't be as awful as Clones. We may be another two Indy films down the line before we all realise this was all a very bad idea and that George Lucas should have been euthanised years ago for crimes against classic 80's cinema. Every time I think of those cgi monkeys boxing with Cate Blanchett I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Post #: 22
NO FUCKING ALIENS THIS TIME FFS. - 18/6/2009 12:19:33 PM   
nicky1975

NO FUCKING ALIENS THIS TIME FFS.

Post #: 23
RE: crystal skulls sucked balls! - 18/6/2009 12:20:09 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

The biggest problem facing the film is that after setting Cystal Skull in the 50s they can no longer use Nazis, who we all love to hate.

Sure they can, say, members of ODESSA and what have you.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 24
The perfect chance to redeam themselves... - 18/6/2009 12:23:12 PM   
mottie

Crapping on people’s childhoods seems to be their forte indeed. I yet have little hope for this new attempt. I my eyes, Indy 4’s biggest and maybe only real problem were its visuals. Ok, the interdimensional alien conehead thingies where a hard pill to swallow, but so was the heart-ripping, face melting and super-aging in the previous three installments. The quality of the characters always made me care enough to believe. In the past Computer graphics where always present in indies more climactic scenes, but never as a nuisance, always functional, this time they annoyed the sh*t out of me. The look and manor of visual storytelling in indy 4 reminded me more of peter Jackson's King Kong then of the dusty adventures I remembered from the past. CG because we can, not because we should. I blame this to the lazy blending of CG with live action, Indy doesn't fight CG monkeys, he doesn't ride through a CG jungle and almost off a CG cliff, there are no computer generated groundhogs in Indy’s world, he does stuff FOR REAL. Maybe the fault was in the inevitable compromises that come from a Lucas/Spielberg collaboration. I felt Lucas's visual touch (CG where we can, as often as we can) was too dominant on screen. For some. This is minor, but for me this changed to whole experience and transformed Indy 4 into a high-tech glossy affair and stripped away almost all his iconic 'realness'. Does this make any sense? :)

Post #: 25
RE: crystal skulls sucked balls! - 18/6/2009 12:23:21 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

I think we are getting all the people that have been chucked off Superhero hype and IMDB...my personal favourite today is "Cos they're a bunch of c*cknosed f**kheads"....a very articulate and thought out response...

They always show up, regular as fucking clockwork.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 26
Staff of Moses - 18/6/2009 12:24:28 PM   
zenotrapp

The Staff of Moses would be cool. Think the Nazis (or whoever) trying to obtain the staff with which you can control ancient plaques with, setting swarms of bilions of grashoppers against your enemies etc.

Post #: 27
The perfect chance to redeam themselves... - 18/6/2009 12:24:52 PM   
mottie

Post #: 28
RE: - 18/6/2009 12:26:54 PM   
hughjass

quote:

ORIGINAL: stephenhickman2

As long as they have more moments like the fridge in neuclear bomb bit. Pure genius for all the wrong reasons, thats the moment I knew the rest of the film would be utter shit.

Interesting how many folk cite the Fridge sequence has being over the top yet forget just how ridiculous the life-raft sequence is in Temple of Doom!

(in reply to stephenhickman2)
Post #: 29
RE: The perfect chance to redeam themselves... - 18/6/2009 12:28:08 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: mottie

You have to keep posting the same shit over and over?

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to mottie)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Indy 5 Is A Go! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI