Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Green Lantern Power Ring Up

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Green Lantern Power Ring Up Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Green Lantern Power Ring Up - 17/6/2009 7:27:51 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
The Guardians have spoken... - 17/6/2009 7:27:51 AM   
The Voice of Fate

Surely people realise that the amazing Youtube Green Lantern trailer starring Nathan Fillion IS thefilm the fans want to see?

It was so evocative of the Silver Age hero that it can only have been sent as a message by The Guardians. Sign him up before we are forced to endure a kiddie movie version about the squirrel GL, who's name, thank God, escapes me...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
About fecking time too... - 17/6/2009 7:56:58 AM   
Noelg25

Green Lantern is the most under rated DC Comics character and without doubt has saved other characters from imminent doom time and time again.

In terms of casting, I do like the idea of Chris Pine (and I really hope they change their mind about him). Did you see him in Star Trek? He has all the qualities and more to play Hal Jordan to a T. All this 'Nathan Fillion IS. THE. BEST. ACTOR. EVER.' crap is really doing my head in.

I've only seen the dude perform once and that was during his stint on Lost a few years back and even then I didnt think much of him. I have yet to see Serenity fully and that's only cos I need to be in the right frame of mind for it. (flame all you want I dont care).

Green Lantern needs an actor who can hold his own, and for now, for me, that actor is Chris Pine.

Post #: 3
Doesn't matter... - 17/6/2009 8:30:41 AM   
Snake-Eyes

...DC Animation's GREEN LANTERN: FIRST FLIGHT has got me more jazzed!

Post #: 4
Daily Show host... - 17/6/2009 9:34:15 AM   
boriordan

Is Jon Stewart. No h. Sorry if that ruins your lame joke.

Post #: 5
Fan Trailer - 17/6/2009 10:17:17 AM   
His Dudeness

I seen the GL trailer on MSN the other week and I actually thought it was official but you guys would of reported it. That's when I knew it was Fan oriented........you know what though it was acutally a decent trailer. I know all the Nathan Fillion stuff is a bit tiresome but I liked the guy in Firefly/Serenity and Slither, he has a good tounge in cheek manner. BUT maybe all the fan hysteria for him is doing more harm than good now.

But hey I say give him a shot and I'm sure the Fanboy masses will turn up in droves and also quell the "BEST. ACTOR. EVER" tag

Post #: 6
- 17/6/2009 10:44:10 AM   
Ghost Mutt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTiRnqnvDs

Does anyone know which film features at the end of the video?

That superhero remark between Fillion and unknown actor (apologies for my ignorance on this one)?

Post #: 7
RE: - 17/6/2009 11:23:40 AM   
rainbowblackout

Regarding Nathan Fallon. Anyone who has seen 'Castle' will know he can be as crap as the next man. 

(in reply to Ghost Mutt)
Post #: 8
DC... - 17/6/2009 1:25:06 PM   
andrewkassell

"Seriously on the back foot when it comes to superhero movies (apart from Batman, and not counting more esoteric comics properties like Watchmen and V For Vendetta),"... Are we forgetting ....SUPERMAN?

Post #: 9
- 17/6/2009 2:10:49 PM   
Adrian

Well the one DC hero i'd most like to see a film of is probably the one most likely not to. Hawkgirl. That said, I'd only want to see it if it's Shayera Hol - the one with actual wings and not one of the wannabes with strap-ons. not least of which because the non-removable wings kinda makes for interestingness regarding that she's amongst the scant few superheroes who literally cannot have a secret identity. Then theres the whole major bitch-slap by her own people tricking her into conning the earth into helping them build a big bomb by telling HER its a force field to protect the planet. there's a lot going on there.

but it'll never happen cause everyone prefers Wonder Woman or Black Canary. I can think of a few prominent reasons why.

Post #: 10
- 17/6/2009 3:07:05 PM   
Bluehawk

Green Lantern. To most likely superhero that will cause the comic-movie burst. Just can't make it work.

Post #: 11
RE: DC... - 17/6/2009 6:31:42 PM   
Osric

quote:

ORIGINAL: andrewkassell

"Seriously on the back foot when it comes to superhero movies (apart from Batman, and not counting more esoteric comics properties like Watchmen and V For Vendetta),"... Are we forgetting ....SUPERMAN?

Yeah, because Superman was universally lauded and spawned a massive hit franchise...

(in reply to andrewkassell)
Post #: 12
who will play GL? - 17/6/2009 6:50:04 PM   
davrosink

If they do make the film of the Green Lantern, it'll have to be Hal Jordan cause this will be an origin film & it will be our first intrduction to the Corp

but who will put on the ring? I say Nathan Fillion, you don't belive me. check out the fan made trailer on Youtube - runs for 2min 38 secs. Then try tell me he is not perfect for the role!

Post #: 13
RE: - 17/6/2009 7:55:02 PM   
target

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghost Mutt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTiRnqnvDs

Does anyone know which film features at the end of the video?

That superhero remark between Fillion and unknown actor (apologies for my ignorance on this one)?

Im sure it's White Noise 2: The Light or something like that.

< Message edited by target -- 17/6/2009 7:57:35 PM >

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Ghost Mutt)
Post #: 14
RE: RE: - 17/6/2009 8:14:00 PM   
Overmind

I hope they give Bruce Lee a cameo :)
... oh.. wait...  ummm

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to target)
Post #: 15
finally - 17/6/2009 10:19:15 PM   
Dr Funkenstein

itsabout tiime the green lantern got his own time on the big screen he iis epic and DC could do with another goodmovie since dark kniight was a triumph

Post #: 16
C'mon Hal! Green Lantern rocks! - 18/6/2009 8:16:40 PM   
Wil Trainor

Warners need to both take a good look at what Marvel are doing at the moment, and pull their blinking fingers out, and simply get this movie made! GL is probably DC's hottest character at the moment aswell as one of comics in general, thanks to his long history, recent top-notch rebirth and the upcoming 'Blackest Night' event. So there is really no better time than to introduce Hal and the GL universe to the wider non-comic reading world (just like X-Men was back in 2000) and give us GL fans the live action adventure we've been waiting for!
Then they should pull their fingers out again and do something with Superman.
Martin Campbell top choice for director aswell!

Post #: 17
The Green Flame - 19/6/2009 5:42:38 AM   
Everlasting Fire

In a brightest day we will see a director as creative as Campbell to helm GL with a cast that is assembled based on being the character more than how bankable they are (Superman Returns and Iron Man are great examples here). In a darkest night the movie would end up with a so and so director, poor script and poorer visual effects (both Hulk movies and third X-Men are good examples).

I think it should be approached the same way Batman was with Nolan. Deep characterization, a lot of action with powerful action sequences, and a mighty vision of using visual effects. I imagine it like Gladiator with a power ring!

Fingers crossed.

Post #: 18
- 19/6/2009 3:25:51 PM   
davrosink

Target, yeah the end scene is from White Noise 2.

Do you agree that fillion would be a good GL

Post #: 19
- 19/6/2009 3:27:45 PM   
davrosink

Target, yeah the end scene is from White Noise 2.

Do you agree that fillion would be a good GL

Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Green Lantern Power Ring Up Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI