Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Page: <<   < prev  20 21 22 [23] 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 25/11/2009 10:53:16 AM   
ivanahump

whoa whoa guys, this film was an orgy of fire, destruction and Megan Fox, it was designed for every man on planet earth to enjoy and i did, i didnt go expecting a great plot, i went for the explosions and that is what this film did

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 661
when John Tuturo is your saving grace, you have a problem - 1/12/2009 4:03:35 PM   
maxthom

nothing against John Tuturo, he's a brilliant actor, but no film should have a supporting character as it's saving grace. While the first one was hilarious with un-forced jokes, filled with action that didn't burn your eyes and giving a story that wasn't so ridiculous and cheesy that it was unbelievable, the second pretty much failed in all these areas, and what was michael bay saying about having 'a bigger badder final showdown'? The only thing big and bad about that showdown were the massive bollocks they put on Devastator. Just fail

Post #: 662
Well, I Liked It. - 6/12/2009 9:55:50 AM   
joanna likes films

Again with the negative reviews! I loved Transformers, it took me a little while for me to really enjoy it but once I did I wanted a sequel that would rival it. Here with Revenge Of The Fallen, it's there but it does have a fair share of problems. Some of the jokes arren't that funny, the running time is a little overlong and the plot isn't genius. But it does have amazing special effects, awesome fights between the Autobots and Decptions. The cast return just without Jon Voight but they bring a good enough pefomance from them all. With a third on the cards, I heard that Michael Bay is going to make it darker and more emotional. Well, I'm up for it and yes I did enjoy this film. I was a little weary about the constant negative reviews putting me off but I came out on the other side, saying yes it does have flaws but I liked it.

Post #: 663
No worse than the first one - 22/12/2009 3:57:42 PM   
ohdaesu

Didn't think this was any worse than the first one. I didn't particularly like that one first time around but once I knew what to expect from it I found it was quite an enjoyable couple of hours. This was much of the same with fantastic special effects (I just watched G.I. Joe and that has woeful effects) but I still can't tell who's who (why are they all grey?), the twin bots were sooo annoying (and a little bit racist), and if they can disguise themselves as humans why are they all turning into trucks and heavy plant machinery. Good dumb fun though.

Post #: 664
robots in disquise rock! - 7/1/2010 9:52:56 PM   
optimus43

might i just say that this is the best film i have seen in along long time and not just for megan fox. transformers pretty much sums up what we need in a film action, sci-fi, comedy and giant robots. if you don't like this film then you don't have a sense of humour and if you sit on a computer picking out the flaws of a truly great movie then get a life.

Post #: 665
Beyond shit! - 23/1/2010 5:18:14 PM   
SkullKassidy

Been a huge Transformers fan since I was a about 4 years old and even thought the first movie was enjoyable despite it's problems ...but this was awful. There are so many reasons that I won't even list them. Not looking forward to the third at all now.

Post #: 666
Wanksformers - 6/2/2010 3:08:45 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I've never really been one of those in the Micheal Bay hate camp, I enjoyed Bad Boys 1 + 2, thought the first Transformers film was good fun, The Rock a great film and the Island a decent effort as well BUT.... after seeing this my overwhelming feeling was that he should be taken out the back and shot in the head.

It's just a meaningless succession of FX setpieces, there's no real fun. feeling, meaning or anything - the last time I felt this way about an FX heavy movie was when I saw Van Helsing and I truly fucking hated that film.

There's nothing more really to add - 2 stars, one for the robots and one for Megan Fox

(in reply to SkullKassidy)
Post #: 667
"Beginning, middle, end. Facts, details. Condense:... - 26/2/2010 12:57:08 PM   
Rico rodrigeuz

As in the title of the review there is very little in the way of a plot here and that was said b one of the characters 2/3 thirds in. Were it not for the silly attempts at comedy (the twins, college friend, agent Simmons, mother at college scene, comic relief robot) this film would have received two stars at least. It annoyed me (and fans) that Ironhide etc was pushed to the background this time and that the final action scene was a mess of the desert scene from the first one. Starscream was also really good last time but this time he acts really weak. The military scenes were cool and exciting in the first one but this time there is an annoying politician who just seems completely pointless and has no real effect on the story.
The opening action scene and the fight in the forrest are clear examples of what everyone wanted to see but the terrible comedy and lack of plot ruin this film. Shame considering the first was so good and the trailer for this one promised so much more.

Post #: 668
- 26/2/2010 1:49:17 PM   
willchadwick

Wow. Never have I seen a film so action packed and so loud to be so incredibly boring.

Post #: 669
Its ranting time - 1/3/2010 4:24:31 PM   
suleiman

WTF michael bay. I love defending you, your films may not have the most elaborate scripts but thier usually really entertaining. I was really looking forward to this expecting it to have the best action scenes evar and its just average at best. You have $200million and an amazing concept and you go and make an average to less than average film, seriously WTF, and why did this film only come out 2 years after the first one, fucking greedy bastards. Everyone working on this film should have just been working for at least 5 years on the concepts and the story line and the robots before this film came out.
Good things - Optimus Prime, Shia was good at times, shit blows up
Bad things - Honestly I didnt think the action was that good, there was only 3 action scenes and the first one lasted only 5 minutes, the second I have to admit was one of the best experiences ive had at the cinema but that too only lasted like 5 mins and the last one doesnt even make sence. The constructicons are running around at the same time as devastator; mudflap survives getting eaten by devastator; theres no geography in this scene; ratchet does nothing apart from tell jolt to do something; jolt just sort of apears; the fallen cant transform.

Why the fuck are there hardly any transformations. This is transformers not terminator.

Devastator just looks like shit, Soundwave looks like shit.

The twins werent that bad and neither was jet fire but using characters like prowl, hound, ect would have been 100x better.

Megatron whos the leader of the decepticons all of a sudden has a leader of his own.

Most of the stuff im ranting about didnt bother me when i was watching it but the lack of good action did. Random shit blowing up does not equal amazing movie.

Post #: 670
Megan Fox should win an oscar,even though she's a terri... - 8/3/2010 7:49:57 PM   
JohnPaul1996

The guy kept on getting electricuted but got up like 5 seconds later,they didn;t put anything into this,all they put an effort into was the explosions but terrible movie and Megan os running for her life in the desert with loads of makeup on,so crap,but it's actually funy how crap it is

Post #: 671
RE: Megan Fox should win an oscar,even though she's a t... - 23/3/2010 10:19:22 PM   
jobloffski

Finally saw this.

It almost makes Batman and Robin look like Hamlet. First viewing almost unbearably crap. Second viewing (to be sure I wan't being too harsh) revealed it to be a bit better put together than first impressions led me to believe, liked a lot of non human being related stuff. Conclusion, just about bearably crap.

That is all.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 24/3/2010 9:59:30 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to JohnPaul1996)
Post #: 672
RE: Megan Fox should win an oscar,even though she's a t... - 29/3/2010 9:47:51 AM   
Rob

I quite like Michael Bay movies. I'm not saying the guy is Scorcesse or Kurosowa but in general he makes entertaining films...however, having watched this film at the weekend it is easily the worst film I've seen over the last 10 years. Absolutely shocking. Batman and Robin has been atop my worst movie ever made list since it first came out but this has to be a close second for me. Shocking

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 673
Cheap humour lets it down - 9/4/2010 2:10:30 PM   
djphilips

This sequel to the awesome Transformers is quite a good movie, except that two chief flaws let it down and keep it from becoming the enjoyable and rousing experience it wants to be.
First of all, the cheap humour found in the first film is multiplied in amount here and as a result, Revenge of the Fallen feels like a teenage boy's wet dream. The plot this time round is also too complicated for its own right and suffers from At World's End faults.
But the film is still very entertaining and Michael Bay proves that he is one of the most talented directors in the business. A more decent script will help matters improve next time, though.

Post #: 674
RE: Cheap humour lets it down - 21/4/2010 4:54:19 AM   
empire No. 1

the VERY worst summer blockbuster EVER. no need for debate. 2/10

(in reply to djphilips)
Post #: 675
RE: Cheap humour lets it down - 21/4/2010 4:56:30 AM   
empire No. 1

the VERY worst summer blockbuster EVER. no need for debate

(in reply to djphilips)
Post #: 676
FUCK...MICHAELS...ARSE... - 24/5/2010 5:02:52 PM   
newblue11

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? LONGER, WORSE, LESS FUNNY AND YEAH...

Post #: 677
FUCK...MICHAELS...ARSE... - 24/5/2010 5:02:55 PM   
newblue11

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? LONGER, WORSE, LESS FUNNY AND YEAH...

Post #: 678
Transformers 2: Even Better! - 2/7/2010 6:23:32 PM   
LUCASLITTLEWOOD

Now the only thing I complained about in the first film was the lack of close ups of the robots and this film has ticked that box. The robots were amazing and hats off to the guys sitting in front of 5 screens creating them. The story and cast were amazing again but I got the feeling that Megan Fox’s character was told to be more bitchy in this film. Not good, well she’s not in the third film so I can’t say anything about here character.

Post #: 679
Michael Bay you have to explain why you think this works - 8/7/2010 3:37:12 AM   
monkeyhumour

the rascist robots? The ethnic stereotypes? Why you can't shoot an action scene like you did with the frist one?

Why did the American army have to do re-writes? All this humping and mean fox bending over to the camera whatever way you like?

Post #: 680
1 star only because I wasn't allowed to give none!!! - 19/7/2010 11:59:41 AM   
rosmonty

This is one of the worst films I've ever seen. The plot, when I could actually make out the dialogue over the music, just didn't make sense at all. I'm all for a bit of escapism but this was just woeful. The story seemed to jump about and leave unexplained gaps everywhere and I was totally confused. The acting was really poor and I couldn't believe it when I saw that Steven Speilberg was a producer - he must have been having a bad day when he got involved. Michael Bay must be a very extraordinary person to be able to get people to give him this amount of money to waste. 2 1/2 hours of my life wasted.

Post #: 681
Pantsformers - 26/7/2010 1:06:10 PM   
Iano

What an awful film. The first one was great fun - bright, snappy and moved at a healthy pace. This one has a drawn-out plot, bewildering visuals and a dull script that makes Spiderman 3 look like X-Men 2. It's a half hour too long, buries what little story it has in a pointless 45 minute desert sequence and contains some dreadful performances (yes YOU, Megan Fox and John Turturro). Michael Bay - please stop making films immediately!

Post #: 682
Very flawed but underrated - 4/8/2010 5:22:35 PM   
stevolegendbauer

Its not half as good as the first film for many reasons. Lets start with the story. The first film put a story there just to allow for great set peices and as the rest of the film was so good yout didnt mind. But for most of the time you dont have a clue whats going on. The end result is just silly, theres a giant machine inside a pyramid, yeah that makes sense. The next problem is those twins, very annoying, racist and badly designed. This film also brings in way too many robots, six robots will fly in from space and then dissapear for the rest of the film. As a malfunctioning shark was to Jaws's beneift the "low" budget of the first film was also beneficial as the audience knew all the robots and made the action alot more personnel. But when hundreds of robots are running around shooting eachother you can only recognize the ones who have returned from the first film. Next up is the humour, just because it worked well in small doses first time round doesnt mean you pile on more of it the second time. A major plot whole is the transformer that turns into a human, if you have decipticons that can turn into people than ehy not have them turn into the US President or something. The villian aswell, The Fallen, isnt given much screentime so when he has his climactic battle with Prime you dont feel anything major or epic about it as Prime has already beaten up Megatron and others easily already. And the final major flaw is that Michael Bay cant keep the camera in the one spot. The final battle is ruined by not being able to see what is going on.
But the action and effects save it. The effects are groundbreaking and photo realistic. The action scenes are mainly brilliant, bar the final battle. The fight between Prime and THREE decipticons is very impressive as is Bumblebees desert fight. I wish I could give this film more than three stars but with this many flaws I should really give less.

Post #: 683
- 17/8/2010 9:46:25 PM   
TheGodfather

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen
Faster, bigger and better isn`t the case for this sequel. It is bigger. More action, more Transformers (although that ain`t always a good thing: what the hell were the writers thinking when they wrote those Twins into the script?) but above all more unnecessary scenes. That is the films` biggest problem: the film is with a 149 minute running way too long, not making it faster and better than the original at all. There have been 4 editors working on the film but it really doesn`t show. There should been at least 30 minutes cut from it to keep it interesting.
That doesn`t happen, giving you the feeling at a certain point that you want things to end.
Entertaining, bold action scenes but once again a sequel that doesn`t reach the level of its predecessor.
Let`s see what Bay`s gonna do with the third installment...

6,5/10

Post #: 684
Empire should be ashamed of themselves. - 29/8/2010 7:58:57 PM   
Concise_Statement

Prejudiced. Incomprehensible. Boring.

< Message edited by Concise_Statement -- 29/8/2010 7:59:57 PM >

'Was Hypatia of Alexandria killed by Michael Bay?'

Post #: 685
Bad Bad Movie - 1/3/2011 8:25:27 PM   
bnicholson50

This is more like the movie we expect from Michael Bay. I knew the first one was a fluke

Post #: 686
A Very Guilty Pleasure! - 24/3/2011 2:47:34 AM   
DMeister

A film franchise with great talking alien robots directed by the King of Explosions? Seriously what were people expecting? It is however an overblown mess of a film with plenty of things ill judged from racist comedy sidekicks (far too many sidekicks) to a plot that is overly complicated than it needs to be. However this is no-brain fun with plenty of action and impressive effects. It isn't a great movie BUT I still managed to have alot of fun watching.

Post #: 687
Still Spectaculer - 2/6/2011 10:58:19 PM   
the film man

A great sequel, it's not as funny as the first film but the action and the special effects are bigger and better. And the plot isn't even that bad. I think much better than the first.

Post #: 688
Awful - 28/6/2011 2:10:23 PM   
Turd Ferguson

A dreadful excuse for a movie. Like the post from rosmonty below says, I'm giving it 1 star because I wasn't allowed to give it none.

Post #: 689
Awsome - 28/6/2011 2:47:08 PM   
the film man

In the plots case Michael Bay has just simply copied the plot from the first film, all thats different is tht instead of The Cube its something called The Matrix of Leadership. This would usualy bother me but the action is bigger and better than the first and so is the ideas for different robots (one can hack into the US Military Satalite). So overall I realy enjoyed this as much as the first.

Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 22 [23] 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Page: <<   < prev  20 21 22 [23] 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI